Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
2012 commercial seed swap

Posted by ishareflowers 5 MA. (ishareflowers@aol.com) on
Thu, Dec 29, 11 at 17:41

COMMERCIAL SEEDS ONLY!

Since these will be commercial seeds, you will probably get 1/2 trades but it will allow you to try some of the newer varieties of seeds. Please don't send in anything older than 2009.

PLEASE DO NOT send the .10,.25 or .59 cent packs from the dollar general type stores. If these types are sent they will not count towards your total number sent! They will be returned to you. We must be fair!

Flowers and veggies are fine, last year we did both and it worked out.

( There is no minimum on the number of packs you can send)

Here are the rules...

1. Must be commercial seeds

2. your packages must be labeled with year and where purchased if not in original packaging.

3. No more than 5 packs of the same type of seed (please don't make 5 packets of the same seed with 5 seeds in each package, we need to be fair)

4. Must be mailed by March 1st. I will send my addy as people sign up, you can mail whenever you are ready to do so.

5. seeds will be returned within one week from the last package that I receive.

6. Please have a current wants list for me to check when sorting. (last year I sent garden seeds if they were on someones wants list BUT did not count them towards my contribution to the swap!)

7. sign ups are until the mail date...The more the merrier!

8. Have fun, life is short!

When mailing seeds, please be sure to put the same amount of postage that it cost you to mail PLUS.80 for delivery conf.# (two years ago a package was lost and had no conf #). I replaced it with my own stash that time. If you prefer to not pay for a conf#,that if okay too but I won't be replacing seeds this year....I am cleaning out the seed boxes for the swap!

I mail from the post office so stamps or cash is fine, change will be returned with your seeds!

I have started to update my haves list for the swap, it will take a while but I will get there.

Have a great day!

Lisa/ishare

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 2012 commercial seed swap

I'd like to join!

o

Me too!
Alana

o

Hi Lisa, yay I've been waiting for this swap, I'm in :-)

Thanks Wendey

o

Welcome aboard Jaynine, alana and wendeyz!

Please take a look at my list and add anything that you might be interested in, no guarantees, but I will try!

please feel free to send in the whole packages as you normally would.If it is a large package, I have no problem breaking them down a bit if I see them on many a wants list or if they are unusual (I am still not working)! I did this last year and everyone in the swap got back several more than what they sent in and I never split below 10 for a packet no matter how rare!

If you are sending in larger packets and don't want them touched if they are wanted by many,please just drop a note in your envy letting me know this.

I mailed all three my addy, you can mail whenever you are ready..

I know times are tough for most but I am hoping to get at least 10 players for variety, last year we had 27 players!

Have a great day

Lisa

o

• Posted by sjc48 5 Michigan (My Page) on
    Fri, Dec 30, 11 at 9:58

Count me in! I've been waiting for this one!
Shirley!

o

Lisa thanks for hosting this swap, please count me in again.

o

Sign me up!

Linda

o

I want to try this.
Heidi

o

Welcome to all the new sign-ups! I have emailed my addy to everyone so far..

I just want to mention that this swap is mostly flowers, I do have some commercial veggies (20 packs) that I just bought yesterday at my local nursey because I'm always afraid of not having good seeds to send to veggie people. hahaha. In the past several people have sent in a few veggies with their packages but again, it's mostly flowers. I say this because I don't want any veggie gardeners being sad when they get their packages back.

Have a great night!

Lisa

o

Hi Lisa!
We met at the Billerica swap in June (seemed so long ago!). Please sign me up for this swap! I'm not sure what my wants are just yet, but I've got some seeds that could use a new home.

Agnes

o

Lisa, are only unopened packs to be sent in?

o

Hi Jamesy,I sent you an email explaining how this works..

Agnes, glad to have you join us!

Lisa

o

I'm in. I just got my seed orders for this year and I have some interesting things to share.

KimKa

o

Lisa, what is a minimum amount of seeds? Some of these companies are getting skimpy these days!

Wendey

o

Count me in! I've heard about this swap and was always too late to join in.

Happy New Year!

Bernadette

o

Hi Wendey,

I have to say that I think it depends on what you got in a packet..I had a few last year that I only got 8 or 10 seeds (geraniums) in a pack so I split it with the player who wanted them and shared only 4/5 seeds.

In last years swap, I broke down some of a few players seeds only because they were wanted by more than 1 player and/or unusual and I wanted both players to get their wanted seeds but never no matter how unusual did it go below 10 seeds.

I'm sure that we will all be fair to each other and not split packs down to under 10 UNLESS we only got under 20 seeds in a pack.

Please remember, no more than five of any one type. If you have 3 kinds of campanula for example, you may send in 5 of each kind.

Lisa

o

Please sign me up--Best swap last year--Frank

o

Is there a maximum (# of pkts sent)?

o

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

Welcome to the new sign-ups! I think I have emailed everyone my addy, if not, please let me know and I will resend it to you.

Jamesy, I sent you an email. I hope you decide to join, the more players, the better the selection to work with and the more wishes I can fill.

Jaynine, You can send as many packets as you would like. It will be a nice distraction from the bad that's going on in my life right now!

We have 12 players so far, it's looking good!

Thank you for the comments about this being a great swap, every person that joins and sends in their leftover seeds makes it that way!

Lisa

o

Love this swap of yours, Lisa! Please count me in as well!

Happy New Year's everyone!!

~Wendy

o

I'd like to join! Margie

o

Welcom Sassy and onedaylily...

We are up to 14 players....whoo hoo

If you wouldn't mind before sending your packets in would you please write your name on all packets sent.

Thank you
Lisa

Lisa

o

I would like to join!

o

Happy New Year to everyone.

Lisa, please sign me up for this swap. Sounds like fun.

Ellie

o

sign me up!

o

Lisa,

I'd like to join. Sign me up too!

o

WOW! I wasn't expecting so many players to sign up right out of the gate..18 players so far!

Welcome to the new signer-uppers!!!

I think I have emailed everyone with an addy,except for you Denise, I know you have it.

I have been trying to peek at some wants list, there are a lot of blanks out there.. Please just post something like "I like soft colors or reds,blue and whites" if you don't feel like posting a full wants list. I know, I know, you have plenty of time! I get anxious to see what I have from wants lists!!

Have a great night!

Lisa

o
wants lists

I just got an email asking if I wanted players wants list posted here to the thread and/or on their gw page. I will try to clear up my request for a wants list.

You can either post a wants list on your gw home page or send me a list with your wants.It doesn't matter to me either way. I just like to have a list so I can try and make you a happy camper when your seeds come home.

Posting on your home page is easy, just scroll to the bottom of whatever gw page you are on, click member pages, then edit my exchange list....be sure to hit submit after you make your entries or it will be lost!

I know that most of us have played in this swap before BUT I would like to just put it out there. This is not a wish list swap, noone is sending in special seeds for you (wow, this sounds mean!)lol. I try to match what others send in as extras to your wants. I have had a few occasions where I get nothing from someones wants list, right Jaynine and poisondartfrog? In cases like this, I try to send a nice selection of seeds that I think the player might enjoy.

I hope this doesn't scare away our new players!

Good Night

Lisa

o

• Posted by corrine1 7b Pacific Northwest (My Page) on
    Mon, Jan 2, 12 at 14:57

Lisa,
So my understanding that this swap would contain commercial seeds packed for 2010, 2011, & 2012, but none older than that packed for 2009 for example because they'd be 2008 harvested seeds. Is that correct?

Corrine

o

Corrine, I sent you an email....I normally would post only seeds packed for 2010 and 2011 for this swap BUT I know that most seeds packed for 2009 will germinate so I decided to include them this year..

Drippy of the garden web sent me some seeds that were about 6 years old last year and they germinated beautifully so I decided to include the 09s this year. When I am packing the 09 seeds I will just add some extras to account for less germination!

Lisa

o

Please sign.me up!

o

Hi Lisa,

Please count me in! You always do such a wonderful job with this swap...and I don't want to miss it. It gets better every year! Thanks for hosting this fun swap once again : )

Lisam627

o

I posted a mini-wish list just for this swap, Lisa, to make it easier for you, but whatever you send will be fine.
Alana

o

Lisa, just wanted to let you know that I REALLY don't mind receiving only a couple seeds of any single variety. Ditto what Alana said about anything you send...you always do a great job. Thanks!

o

WELCOME to the new players!

Hi Jaynine, That's very sweet of you but I will always send a minimum of 4/5 seeds and that's ONLY if the packet was sold with 10 seeds or under!

Alana, Thank you for the "special list"!

I am a bit fearful that people will be breaking ALL their packages down to 10 seeds and I will have some unhappy swappers. I had a nightmare that I got 450 packets of calendula pink surprise and another 450 packets of bachelor buttons with 10 seeds in each. I was the only swapper with something different...lol

I made an exception last year because there were some HARD TO COME BY or wanted by more than one swapper sent in by a couple of swappers with 40/50 seeds per packet! I only broke them down to 4/5 packets so more people could try them or both people who wanted them could get them.

So, without going into an even longer BLAH,BLAH BLAH.........Please swappers, be fair to your fellow swapper!

Have a great night All!

Lisa,

PS:I know that some of us are in other swaps and our lists may change BUT If anyone has a list that is ready to be viewed please post that here...I like to get a jump on sorting by doing mine before packages start coming in!

o

I'm signing up too,
where do we list the seeds we have, I guess on our trade list.
I have Echinacea purple
Rudbeckia Black Eyed Susan
Shasta Daisy's
Coreopsis Moonbeam
Gloriosa Daisy
and a few others.
I will add them to my trade list, is that what I'm suppose to do?
What about the seeds that need stratified? Do we have to wait until March to receive our seeds? I do almost all perennials and some annuals.

o

Hi Micki,

there is no need to post a haves list, your wants list is what I will be looking at!

I sent you an email with mailing info....welcome!

Lisa

o

Lisa, would love to join. Count me in!
vina

o

Lisa, I did not get your email, but count me in too. James

o

Hi, I have been watching this one, thinking I probably don't have enough to contribute. But after looking through my stash I'm thinking I would like to try.

o

Welcome Vina, clc and jamesy.....Glad to have you join in1

Jamesy, maybe you could email me and I can respond with my info...

Clc, you can send in 5 packs or 100 packs, it makes no difference to me!

Micki, yes, the return date is about a week after I get all the packages. As far as your ws question, you can look up seeds to find out if they need stratification or not..

I got three envies today...

Maggie
xiangirl
agnes

I was actually considering try to get all envies in by the end of the first week of February so that I could mail in time to winter sow most....LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK....

Have a great day!

I will be posting a guessing game, don't know what it will be but I will be offering some commercials as prizes..I will post sometime tomorrow.

Lisa

o

This is my notice that I'm dropping out of this swap. My commercial seed was from Dollar General and I didn't intend to cheat anyone or hurt anyone's feelings. Lisa--just return my seeds with the postage money. Sorry to have bothered you.
Heidi

o

Lisa,

Count me in!! I will be most likely sending in vegetables and flowers. I am happy with whatever you send my way!!

I know where to find you Lisa...LOL...no need to send me your address!

Thanks so much!!

Annie

o

Welcome Annie!

Heidi, I'm sorry that you decided to drop out all together.

I have been looking at a few lists and ordering seeds like crazy.....

Jaynine and Poisondart, where do you find the seeds on your wants lists......lol

I'm going to throw this out there just in case...My best friend from childhood is in the late stages of brain cancer. She is not doing well at all. If I don't post for a few days please don't think I ran off with your seeds....lol

I'm sorry about not posting the game yesterday, I will try and post tonight...ONE guess per person,I will post after 3 days[this will give all players time to post a guess)IF there is a winner. The winner will get 10 seeds from a package of echinacea magic box that I just got in from t & m seeds...

Have a great day

Lisa/ishare

o

Mon, Jan 9, 12 at 11:15

Count me in. I'm eager for some new veggie & flower seeds beyond Ed Hume seeds that I buy from a local store.

Corrine

o

Hi Lisa,
My package is being mailed today. Also my list is up-do-date. Thanks for all the work on this. It's a big job.

Ellie

o

Mon, Jan 9, 12 at 17:36

Lisa,
How do we divide up seeds for this swap? I want to send you the correct amount. I noticed that my seed packets have varying weights, counts, etc., so wasn't sure how to judge 1/2 pack if I've already used some of it. In the Secret Santa swap some packets were 1/2 tsp of seeds & others were about 15 or less tiny seeds.

Since the seeds packets aren't transparent I really have no idea how many are in there count wise until I open them up to divide.

Is the size of the plant a good guide?
Like pepper seeds are small, but you wouldn't want 50 pepper plants of one variety.
Lettuces are small, but with succession planting & a long season you might go through a lot of them.
Squash seeds are huge & vines are also. When peeking through the packet I can see at least 10 in there, but not 20 seeds.

I saw this on another swap. Is this a good way to divide them? LARGE at least 12, MEDIUM SIZED > 25, SMALL > 50, TINY > 100

Thanks for clarifying for me before I divide them all up
~ Corrine

o

Hi Corrine,

The secret santa is a bit different than this swap. This swap is for commercial seeds only.....The secret santa MOST are collected from your garden.

When I am packing seeds for the swap, I try to put at least 20/25 seeds in each package UNLESS it's an unusual perennial, then I will do 10 seeds so two players can try it out. I have put less in some cases because the package only came with 10,15 or 20 seeds to begin with. I think it depends on what it is...If it is, oh, lets say... poppies,they look great planted in masses so I would send ALOT more.

Don't go crazy trying to count seeds, this is supposed to be fun.....some swappers just send the packages that they are done using. If I see it on more than one list and there are 100 seeds, I will split it into two and give you credit for two swaps instead of one. I know last year everyone got back several more than what they sent because some swappers sent in unusuals and large packets that were divided down.

I hope this answers your questions.

Lisa

o
ooooopppppsssss

Corrine,

I should have previewed before I sent the message, sorry!

I am not a veggies grower so I think that you would be a better judge on what is a fair amount of veggie seeds to send in. The swappers that join are always fair so I would say send what you would like to receive yourself...

Lisa

o

Mon, Jan 9, 12 at 22:21

OK, thanks for the clarification about for us newbies who don't know what fair means in terms of seed packets made up...how much seeds to send. I just didn't know the "usual" & wanted to be fair. I understand this is commercial seeds only. :o) Corrine

o

Lisa...forgot to mention...I have no problem receiving packets with just a few seeds. I think I try harder to get it to grow...LOL!

Thanks much!

Annie

o

Tue, Jan 10, 12 at 13:01

Hi Lisa, just wanted to let you know that I mailed my seeds out today - have DC# if needed. Still no computer.
Shirley!

o

Lisa, I'm sorry but I'll be dropping out of the swap, a few to many things on my plate right now!

So Sorry to hear about your friend :-(

Wendey

o

Hello, Ladies and Gents.....

I am ready to post my guessing game finally. I have decided to try and keep this related to the swap. Sooooo,

Here is my question, Who can guess how many packets of seeds that I ordered for the 2012 growing season?

I will accpet 1 guess per person until everyone has had a chance to guess, then it will be a free for all. The prize will be 10 seeds from echinacea magic box that I got from T and M seeds...

REMEMBER......one guess per person until everyone has had a chance to guess please!

Lisa

o

My guess: 85 packs for 2012

o

My guess 54 packs

o

I'll guess that Lisa, the seed Queen, has ordered 108 packs...and I'll bet she's not finished!!

Have a great night!

Annie

o

I'm guessing 211.

o

Lisa if you ordered like me (won't tell you how many I ordered) but I would like to guess 287. Are you planning on winter sowing most of these or under gro lights? I am doing both.

Ellie

o

Hi Ellie, I got your package today and I have to say, I have never seen so many packets of mostly unopened annual seeds before. STOP ORDERING SEEDS!!!lol

Good guesses so far!

Lisa

o

Wed, Jan 11, 12 at 14:04

My guess is 343 packets of seeds.

Corrine

o

Good Morning!

I see there has not been many guesses in the game BUT I do see that someone has hit the number dead on! I will post the winner early only because it's not possible for someone else to win!

ALANA, I don't know how you guessed exactly but you did. I was counting them up and couldn't believe it!

At this time I'm ashamed to say that I have 211 packets of newly purchased seed and thousands of older packets and trades that I have no room to plant....hahaha

I will add the 10 echinacea magic box seeds to your return envy.

I will post another game soon.

Lisa

o

Wowsers! I don't usually win stuff. What fun seeds to try!
Thanks, Alana

o

Good Morning All,

Her is our new guessing game. Please try and guess how amny seed packets I have ready to be entered into the swap.ONLY THE SEEDS ON THE TABLE, NOT THE ONES IN THE WHITE BOX.

Photobucket

one guess per person please!

Lisa

o
prize

I forgot to mention that the prize for the second guessing game is 25 rodgersia pinnata seeds. I ordered these last year and they were duds! I reordered from t & m and hope to get good germination this time around...

Sjc, I got your envy today.

Lisa

o

Sun, Jan 15, 12 at 1:04

WOW now those are some seeds packets. Looks like a fun table to hang out at for awhile. My guess is 173.

Corrine

o

My guess is 310.

o

Sun, Jan 15, 12 at 11:24

I'm guessing 206.
Shirley!

o

My guess is 348!

o

My guess is 251.

Since we are talking commercial seeds here, has anyone purchased seeds from azuredandelion.com????? They also sell on ebay with good reviews. Curious, has anyone purchased through their website????? Good..Bad...I am not finding any website reviews!!!

Thanks much...Happy Sunday!!

Annie

o

I am guessing 189. Thanks and happy Sunday also.

Ellie

o

My guess is 366 packs

o

Guess---430

o

I will stick with my lucky number-211.
Alana

o

Hi Lisa,
I just wanted to say that all those annual seed packets I sent in was what was left that I didn't get planted last year. The perennials seeds that I ordered I had winter sowed. From now on will probably only get perennials unless there is something I just can't resist.

Ellie

o

I mushed out through 10-12 inches of snow today to mail my seed. They are on their way.

o

Good Morning All,

It looks as though Annie (canyonwind) is our winner with a guess of 251. There were actually 261 seed packets at that time ready to be entered into the swap.

Annie, I would like to change the prize to indian cress nasties for you because the rodgersia will not do well in your area...Let me know. I have never heard of the seed company that you mentioned above.

clc and fez, I will watch for your envies.

Lisa

o

Sent my seeds out yesterday.

o

Lisa...You do not need to send me anything!! But if you feel you must (LOL), send me whatever you like.. Nasturiums Indian Cress are perfect!

What date do you want the seeds by?? If memory serves me correctly, you were thinking of moving the date up.

Thanks much!

Annie

o

Are we moving the ship by date up? I was waiting for some of my seed orders to come in before I mailed.
vina :)

o

Hi Vina, No, the mail by date remains the same. I was only thinking about earlier for winter sowing people and the fact that I allowed 09 seeds. I think if I have them by March,1 most will be able to still winter sow in mid march when they recieve their seeds.

Annie, the seeds have been added to your baggie, yes, I have baggies with everyones name and seeds in them from my own stash. I'm not too anxious am I????

I'm expecting to get a couple of envies today,I will post when I have them in hand..

Lisa

o

I haven't participated in many swaps, but this one sounds like something I can handle. I'm still new to gardening & not very experienced at harvesting seeds. So send me the info I need, please.

o

Hellooooo,

I got two envies today.

clc and hibiscusfan, your seeds are here.

JL, I'll send you an email in thr morning.

Fez, did you put a tracking # on your seeds??? I have a note here that there is a package with a tracking to pickup at the post office.I can't figure out why it wasnt put in the box.

Lisa

o

Sometimes old seeds are actually still usable. The first part of December when I was cleaning up the greenhouse, I found several packages of pelargoniums seeds that were dated 1999 along with a few other packages so I decided to plant and see what happens. I was so surprised when the geraniums came up. I repotted over 100 of those and they are growing nicely. Some of the others have not come up though. Does anyone have a list of seeds that won't germinate after a certain amount of time?

We got hit by snow the past 3 days so I had to go buy a snow blower....and wouldn't you know it, yesterday it started to rain.

Ellie

o

Hello,

I gotin two envies this morning AND the rest of my seed orders. I think I'm done ordering seeds for this year...lol

Fez and Roper,your seeds arrived safe and sound.

I'll be posting another game for seeds later on tonight.

Lisa

o
what the heck...I'll post it now!

These are the last of the seeds that I ordered for the season.... Our game will be another guessing game, tell me how many new packs are on the table (not the white box)?

Photobucket

One guess per person and I THINK that I ordered one thing from everyones list so the prize will be determined by who wins..

Lisa

o

Mon, Jan 23, 12 at 15:06

my guess is 71!
Shirley!

o

How about 88 packs of seeds...............

Annie

o

I guess 93.

o

I guess 55

o

My bad. I had my seeds ready this weekend and forgot about mailing them. I will get them out this weekend.

I will guess 80.

Alana

o

My guess is 132. Have a wonderful day everyone!

Ellie

o

My geuss would be 139.

Denise

o

My guess is 122.

o

I'll take a stab at it...my guess is 77.
I have all my seeds together; just need to get them packed up & posted.

o

Wendeyz, I'm glad that you decided to join back in! I got your seeds today. Thank you for the note pad and pen, you can never have enough of these things!!!

Lisa

o

Wed, Jan 25, 12 at 12:45

My guess is 101.
Corrine

o

My guess is 65. : )

Lisa

o

I mailed my seeds

o

My guess is 92

o

Hi,
I would like to jump in and join this swap. I have just started ordering my seeds this year. And now that I have seen how much I am ordering I feel confident I will have enough to share ;)

I told myself I wasn't going to order that many this year, but I lied.

So if the send in Date is still March 1st, then please count me in.
Thanks!
weebay

o

Welcome Weebay...March,1st is fine but no later please...Are you going to take a guess in the game???

I'll wait until late tomorrow to post the winner, this will give people who only visit on the weekends a chance to guess..

I have quite a few annuals here so feel free to add annuals,new for 2012 and old favorites to your wants list.

Lisa

o

Hi, Great, thanks for including me. I'll get my package sent as soon as my new seeds arrive.

I'll take a guess of 97.

(and I'll update my wants list this weekend)

-weebay

o

Hello All,

Christine, I got your seeds in on Saturday.

We have a winner in the guessing game, WEEBAY! I had 99 packets of seeds on the table.

I had ordered something from everyones want list but that was before you joined in. I'm pretty sure I can come up with something for you! I'll check your list and post another time.

Lisa

o

Today I managed to get my seeds in the drop box, so they should be on their way tomorrow.
Alana

o

Wow! So glad I joined, what fun. Thanks a bunch. This swap is already lifting my spirits.

-weebay

o

Lisa~My package went out to you today; expected delivery Feb. 1st. If you'd like the tracking number just let me know.~Janine

o

Lisa...Happy...Happy Birthday!! Enjoy your special day!!
I'll be getting my seeds off to you this week or next!!

Thanks much!!

Annie

o

Good Morning All!

Annie, Thank you for the birthday wishes!

Weebay, after looking through your wants list, I have decided that the prize for you will be erysimum hieraciifolium aka cherianthus allonii. It is very close in size and color to the erysimum on your wants list.

I haven't gotten in any seeds but I am expecting poisondart and jaynine's today.

I'll post when I have them in hand.

Lisa

o
two packages

I got in two packages today.

Alana, I got your package in and I have to say I looked through quickly and don't know what half of these are...This is a good thing ,some unusuals are in!!

Jaynine, I'm scared! You sent so many great selections that I don't know how I will send you anything that you don't have!!!

I have to go with my husband today and pick up his new tv. I should have know all that encouragement to order all the seeds I wanted was for a reason....lol

I'll be playing with the seeds for the swap tonight and will be posting another guessing game. This one will be for how many packets of seeds are here already!

Feel free to post guesses. I will post the winner and the prize after a few days to give everyone a chance at guessing.

Lisa

o

Hi,
ooh, Great pick, thanks! Looking forward to growing it, feels like spring is already here today.

-weebay

o

Good Morning All!

I'm sorry I didn't post any numbers last night, my neck is bothering me and I can't sit and count right now. I willpost asap!

Alana, I forgot to mention that when your envy came yesterday, the post office never cancelled out your stamps :). I know that you enclosed any envy to use to mail back to you but if I use the one that you sent in, I can send your postage $$ back..Let me know.

Lisa

o

Whatever works for you Lisa-it will be fine either way.

o

Hi, I would love to join if it's not too late. I could send seeds in next week :)

primrose

o

Hi Primrose,

Of course you can join, The more the merrier and the better selection of seeds for all!

I have been playing with Jaynines seeds for a good portion of this evening, pretty sure she had several from EVERY wants list!!!

Jaynine, you need to stop seed shopping too!

NO GUESSES on how many seed packets are here to date????

I'm heading off to bed, I will email you primrose with mailing info in the morning.

HAve a great night

Lisa

o

I guess 2,560 packs

o

Please sign me up.
Thank you Debbie

o

Fri, Feb 3, 12 at 12:27

My guess is 1,998!

o

2,012 seeds

o

I will guess 2228.....

I'm still wondering where Janine gets her seeds!!!

Annie

o

My guess is that there are 2,297 packets of seeds sitting at your house to do something with. Wow! that sounds like a big big job. Have a great weekend everyone!

Ellie

o

My guess is 777.
Annie~every year I get seeds from JL Hudson, Heirloom Acres and Select Seeds; I also occasionally order from Geo, The Fragrant Path, Le Jardin du Gourmet, Secret Seeds, Seedhunt, Sample Seeds, MySeedNeeds, T&M (sale only!) and Totally Tomatoes. This year I placed additional orders with Shumway, Southern Exposure Seed Exchange and Fedco. No self control....

o

My guess is 1500.

o

Janine,

You mentioned a few places I have never checked out.
No self control....your not kidding...LOL!

Thanks much!

Annie

o

Sun, Feb 5, 12 at 12:46

Self control is a little hard; if they wouldn't show pictures of the flowers, I might be okay, maybe, well, that doesn't work, because I order from EasyWildFlowers and that site doesn't show pics. Shoots that theory out of the water, doesn't it!?
I try to buy from companies that give you lots of seeds for the buck, like Richter's Herbs, Swallowtail, Diane's. This year I ordered my pansies from Harris Seeds-LOTS of seeds! Prairie Moon is another good site, lots of seeds that are good butterfly host/nectar seeds!
Shirley!

o

Hi all, is it too late to join your 2012 Commercial Seed Swap? I've read through a few of the posts, and it sounds like a fun time. Let me know if you have room for me for this year, if not - I'll try to find you for next year. :)

o

Hi Daylily, welcome aboard! Would you like to take a guess at the number of packets here so far?? I will email you with mailing info in the morning.

I have 13 envelopes here so far, I hope at least a few will be mailing this week. There are 20 more players to get seeds to me and if they all come at once, I think I'll pull my own hair out...lol

I'll post the winner of the game and a prize at some point tomorrow.

Have a good night

Lisa

o

My guess is 921.

o

Thanks for letting me in. My guess is 800.

o

Hello All,

I think I will wait one more day to post the numbers for the game. We haven't had many guesses and I would like to give more players a chance at winning.

Annie, While scrolling wants lists for the hundreth time, I noticed that indian cress nasties are not even on your wants list....lol I replaced them with feverfew virgo that I got from select seeds for the office I work at...

I'm waiting on a few people to post a wants list for me....at this time in the swap, I am pretty much memorizing wants lists and packing the envies with seeds as they come in or as I am packing up my own seeds. I have bags with every players name on it and a few are empty!!!

Have a good night

Lisa

o

Hello! New to gardening and really new to the swapping idea AND love it! Can I still join up? I am a newbie but bought a bunch of seeds from Baker Seed, Johnny's Seeds, Harris, etc., and would love to trade my "extras." This is wonderful!

o

Hi Susan, Welcome to the swap. I sent you an email with my addy and the rules.

Jaynine, I order seeds from swallowtail, pinetree, summerhill, T&M, Parks,tradewinds, stokes and Hazzards. I love the pictures! I also order occasionally from gardens north, hudson, chiltern and ebay. We are both seed crazy but order from mostly different places!

WE HAVE A WINNER IN THE GUESSING GAME!!!JAYNINE with a guess of 770 wins. I actually have 792 packets of seeds here from the envies that have been sent in so far, 1/3 or more are yours! The prize that will be in your envy on the ride home is RHEUM VICTORIA. I ordered these from ebay when I saw them on your list, I hope they grow well for you!

We have 32 players in the swap and I only have 11 envies here. I try to memorize lists but I still scour my printed wants lists for matches when each envy comes in, this takes a LONG time. I'm hoping some will be mailing in soon and not waiting till the end. ...I wanted to have seeds out to everyone by the first week in March and this will be nearly impossible IF they all come in in the last week of February. I know that some are waiting on seed orders but if you are not, Please send soon!

Have a great day

Lisa

o

Yay! I actually ordered 'Victoria' rhubarb from Shumway and it was unavailable, so....thank you so much!

o

Lisa, Nasties Indian Cress OR Feverfew Virgo are great!!! I am happy with what I receive!! I think I will put my seeds in the mail tomorrow, so not to hold you up. I was hoping some stuff would arrive here but....not yet.

You and Janine posted some seed sites I have never heard of. Thanks to both of you for listing them.

OH and Lisa...my Tweedia is so HAPPY! Thanks!

Annie

o

Hi There Annie, I'm so happy to hear the tweedia is doing well. I traded for those knowing they were not any good for my zone but knew I could send them to my California garden friend when it got too cold here! I hope to get a photo and maybe some seeds from you when you finally get blooms!

Please don't send seeds if you are waiting on some to send in. I only posted so that if someone had all of their seeds in house and were waiting to mail that they would mail sooner than later.

Janine, I'm thrilled to have been able to find something that you really wanted!

I would also like to mention again that this is a COMMERCIAL ONLY SEED SWAP. What is considered commercial seed??? It's seeds that you bought by mail order or in a retail store "not dollar store cheapies>.

WHAT IS NOT CONSIDERED COMMERCIAL SEED? SEEDS THAT HAVE BEEN GROWN FROM A COMMERCIAL PACKET AND GATHERED. These are now considered from your garden and have the potential to not come true!!!

THE SEEDS THAT ARE SENT INTO ME SHOULD BE WHAT YOU DIDN"T USE FROM YOUR ORIGINAL COMMERCIAL PACKET THAT YOU PURCHASED!

Thank you and as always, I wish you a good night.

Lisa

o
I forgot about Susan

Hi Susan, I sent you an email with details for the swap ut it got sent Back as undeliverable. Please send me an email and I will respond....

Lisa

o

Lisa ~ yes....lol. Of course I'm still 'in'! :) I've been slowly packing. The due date is by March 1st still, isn't it? That's what I'd had written down. Just have a LOT going on this month so I can't be the social butterfly I'd like to be :) But I'm still in! :)

o

Hi Lisa!

I mailed my package to you today. The delivery confirmation number is: 0311 2550 0001 2119 9642.
Thanks again for all of your hard work on this swap!

LisaM627

o

Morning,

Sassy, I'm glad to hear that your still in.

Lisa, Thank you, I'll e watching for your package.

Annie, I'm sure that you needed another set of seed sites to shop from!

I got bored yesterday and had been given a free shipping slip from stokes seeds with my last order. So, I had my coffee and guess what I did??? Yup, I placed another order for seeds! I spent another $83 for seeds that I have nowhere to plant!

Am I the only one who does this " I know you do Jaynine>??? I really think I need an intervention! My Husband says " do you want me to hold your debit card" HA! like I don't have those numbers memorized.

Have a great day

Lisa

o

I also received my 2 huge orders yesterday and stayed up late last night looking through them. So while having coffee this morning I went through again and sorted what I was going to winter sow this weekend and maybe some things to start in the greenhouse. Most are perennials but lots of annuals also. Although those shelves are filled with marigolds that are blooming. These were old old seeds. It was more of an expirement for me and couldn't believe it when they actually came up. I may think twice about throwing older seeds away until I have tried to plant them. So far we haven't had much winter so am getting anxious about starting to garden. Have a wonderful Friday everyone.

Ellie

o

Lisa,

Seeds went out early Thursday morning. There are so many things that many men simply do not get!!! Seeds and money are two of them!!! I love men but.........LOL!

Have a great weekend!

Annie

o

Is there still time to get into this swap? I work better under pressure, and would love to join. The seeds are still on my kitchen table from my winter sowing project.

o

Hey all!
Just checking in. I have 1 more order of seeds to come in, and then I'm ready to mail :)

Have a great weekend!
vina

o

Lisa,
You are too funny...and you're right, I do the same thing. I already have way more than I can handle (perhaps) and I'm constantly perusing online catalogs and researching seed varieties. When will the madness end?!
Have good weekend everyone.
Janine

o

Good Morning All!

I was scrolling through the new sign ups wants lists this morning and realized that I made a mistake in the guessing game winner,,,,oooopppppsss!

DAYLILY, you actually had the number closest to what was actually here for seeds from members.. I will put a packet of 5 spot from your wants list in your envy for the prize.

Jaynine, now you know one of my surprises for you! lol

I did some more thinning of my own seeds last night, I managed to let go of about 50 more packets.

Back to trying to find matches.

Have a good day!

Lisa

o

I'd like to join! I have a veggie seeds to share.

Rick

o

OKAY, so we have 34 players in the swap as of today....I have 11 envies here and 23 to come in within the next 17 days.......I hate to be a kill joy but I am going to close sign-ups.

THIS SWAP IS NOW CLOSED AND NOT ACCEPTING NEW PLAYERS!

Lisa

o
This thread closed

Please post messages to the new thread.

Lisa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here