Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
drippy_gw

UPDATE: Theme Garden Swap

drippy
17 years ago

I thought it was time to start an update thread - I will post here as I receive seeds. Sandy, I just emailed you again - please let me know if you get the email. If anyone else has not received my initial email with final instructions, please use the email address on my GW page and email me directly. Thanks!

Comments (120)

• drippy
    Original Author
    17 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Just got back from the P.O. - one of the things I like about living in small-town America is the personal treatment you get at places like the P.O. and General Store. Poor John didn't even whimper the 5th time I brought envelopes up to the front desk for him to stamp!

As I said before, the quality of the seeds sent in was moderately high on this one. Some people did some pretty elegant pre-sorting - you'll be able to tell when you open your envelopes who they are. For the most part, I left the packets you made for others intact, and sent them on to the designees. I was going to pull duplicates, but in the end I didn't, partly because of time, partly because if it was something you wanted, and a very small packet was sent in, I thought you might like to have a little more seed. I subtracted duplicates from the count total, though. I think I did a good job of matching themes and wish lists, a fairly decent job of cross-checking against what you sent in and what was already in the pack for you - there aren't too many duplicates. I did not cross-check your "Seeds I Have" pages, though, so I hope you don't get too much stuff you already have. If your wish lists on your trade pages are updated, you should be pleasantly surprised. They are arriving in plenty of time for winter sowing in most of the climates, although you Floridians are probably already into spring - I think our Red Sox are down there already!

Participants were from Minnesota (5), North Carolina, Ohio (4), Connecticut, Indiana (3), New York (4), Oregon (2), Louisiana, Florida (2), Massachusetts (2), Washington, New Jersey, Georgia, California, and Michigan.

Please post here when your packet arrives, and feel free to email me with any questions or concerns - I'll help in whatever way I can.

Have a nice weekend,

Kim

• dawiff
    17 years ago

Kim, Hope you have a nice weekend too! Thanks so much for all your hard work, it must have been a daunting task. This was actually my first swap of this kind too. I know I will be happy with whatever I get.

Bet it will be nice to have your life back!

Alison

• shimla
    17 years ago

Woohoo! Come on mailman!!!

I already know I'll be happy with my package. I enjoy the general swaps so this one is fantastic. I hope you found some nice additions for your own garden and now have some time for your winter sowing. I'm off to get my pots ready...

• drippy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Marie, I am WAAAAY behind in my usual wintersowing - but this may be a good thing! For the past couple of years I have sowed about a thousand containers - then raced around like the proverbial headless chicken trying to get them in the ground. LOL, it really is a funny sight - but my neighbors love my plant sales (which I often do for charity, although with two kids in college, the last charity was me)and giveaways. If I don't have any plants for them this year they might cry!

But I bet I will :)

• lhmkc
    17 years ago

Kim - thank you for all of your hard work I hosted a bulb swap once what work I would be happy to get no seeds as long as the seeds i sent find homes tonight is our first night in the new house and we are freezing we had a high of -2 today moved on the coldest day of the season so far and I only lost my golden pothos so i am feeling pretty good have tons of work to do but lost one plant no animals and NO KIDS lol still even have my guy have a great weeekend all

• strmywthr3
    17 years ago

kim, thanks so much for your hard work! I can't wait to get my package! I hope you get some wintersowing done after this.

thanks again!
    Barbi

• dawiff
    17 years ago

OMG! I got my package of seeds today from Kim, and I am practically speechless! What a wonderful assortment! I feel like a kid in a candy store. Stuff I wanted that was on my list, stuff I wanted that wasn't on my list, and stuff I never heard of that I didn't know I wanted and can't wait to sow and see what I get!

Yippee skippee! Awesome job, Kim! And thank you so much to all the participants who found all kinds of wonderful stuff for my garden, and for my cat memorial bed! Thank you for thinking of me and for sending your seeds on to me! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Alison

• drippy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Alison, I am so glad you are happy with your package! I was soooo impressed by the way people (people like you!) really took the time to look at others' lists and themes, and sent in things especially for them.

Having mailed these out only yesterday afternoon, I'm thrilled that you got that so fast - hopefully most everyone else will get theirs on Monday then.

Happy gardening!

Kim, who got a REALLY good night's sleep last night :)

• barbamaman
    17 years ago

Oh Kim, you are really a wonder! I had no idea you were hosting your 1st swap! DH said your participant list was getting too long; you should have closed the swap list at around 12. Going nutz trying to match up good stuff with the right people, I kinda agreed...

But thank you thank you for accepting us all, and matching up even more than we did by far...in the end, this'll be one of those legendary undertakings...

The Great GW Theme Swap of 2007. I wonder if anyone will have the fortitude to top it!

I can't wait to see what you sent!

Barb

• drippy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Barb, if you enjoy the big swaps, Dave (Lazyweeder) has been hosting the fabulous Wish List Swap for the past four years (he's a glutton for punishment - but also extremely organized). I've participated in that one all four years and never been disappointed. Julie_mn hosted the Rare, Named and Unusual Swap this year - that turned out to be a big one, too - and I thought the results were great there as well. I also was a participant in Kate's Big Old Flower Swap, which was early this fall - she didn't join in on this one - maybe she felt she has enough seeds already (is there ever enough?), and that was good, too.

No question that it WAS a lot of work, but with the number of participants, we got a great variety of stuff, so I'm glad I didn't close it down early (which is easy to say now that I've had TWO good nights' sleep :))

• limequilla
    17 years ago

Those were my favorite swaps, too, drippy...and I bet this one will be right up there with them!

Barb, There were 30 participants total. Knowing a lot of traders on the list of the 18 people over the original 12, I sure would have hated it if Kim had cut it off at 12!!!

Right now I'm trying to figure out the chances of my envelope getting here on Monday VS Tuesday. I'm thinking I have a 70% chance of getting it tomorrow and a 30% chance of getting it here on Tuesday.

I have a trick for these occasions I will share with you all. I take one of those ubiqitous and unsolicited credit card applications we seem to get daily in our mail, the kind that come with a postage paid envelope, and put it out in the mailbox with the flag up. I can keep looking out the window and when the flag is down, I know the mail is here!

Lime

• skohler
    17 years ago

DRIPPY You done a fabulous job ,I just want to say thank you all for shareing your seeds with me .
    what a wounderfull bunch of traders , i sure hope everyone receives as much love for your garden as i have for mine .
    thank you all

susie

• andrea81
    17 years ago

I received my package in the mail today. I just got home from work and what a lovely surprise. I haven't gotten to open it yet (waiting for bedtime for that). I will post back after I have had more time. Thank you Kim for hosting!!!
    Andrea

• strmywthr3
    17 years ago

WOW! My package came today! and WOW! says it all!! thanks to everyone for all the wonderful seeds! I can't believe how stuffed my package was. thanks again to Kim for hosting the swap. You surely had a ton of work put in!

Barbi

• shimla
    17 years ago

LOL you guys, remember that expression "Be careful what you wish for"? It looks like we now have oodles of planting to do!

Drippy, my package touched down and everything looks wonderful. You did such a nice job sorting, I've got some absolutely terrific things to plant. I'm so excited to WS this year! Thank you so much for all of your time and seed contributions! And, of course, thank you to everyone that participated in this swap! So many people took the time to look at my hodge podge wish list. I just love being out in my yard - I can't wait to see all these pretties blooming over the next couple of years. I hope everyone's packages arrive in the next couple of days :)

• lazyweeder
    17 years ago

I thought I was "done" planning my spring planting...but today I received package in the mail loaded with some incredible seeds. Back to the drawing board cause I have a "few" more to add to the design. Might even have to add another bed. Thanks to everyone who sent in seeds for me and to drippy for hosting you did an awesome job!...I couldn't be happier with my loot!

Dave

• limequilla
    17 years ago

I got mine today, too!

Kim, You really did an outstanding job with your sorting and tweaking! I noticed there were a lot of seeds with your name on them, did you really have time to go through your seed stash, too? LOL! What a gal!

And fellow swappers, thank you so much for all the thoughtful contributions! There are so many things here to sort through, I hardly know where to start! I guess I just wanted to say thank you for digging deep into your seed stashes for me.

Lime

• atravers
    17 years ago

Kim,
    What a FABULOUS package I received this afternoon when I got home from work. I went through it once already then put everything back in the envelope to savor when I have more time. I was struck first with the amount of hard work you went to putting all this together and second with the generosity of all those signing up for this swap. Will post back once I've had the time to go through everything more carefully. THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK and THANK YOU TO ALL THE GENEROUS TRADERS HERE!
    Ann

• fairydancer
    17 years ago

I got my package today too, and I am simply blown away by the generosity of all the wonderful swappers,and the wonderful host. The assortment of seeds FAR surpassed what I could have ever hoped for. Thank you to all the traders who sent seeds especially for me, I am humbled by your kindness. I too noticed that Kim added MANY of her own seeds (and really great ones) and they are really appreciated. I'm having fun sorting through my package and can't wait to sow all I can!!

This is, certainly, one of the best swap I've ever participated in, and it is a testament to the wonderful people involved and the hard work of our great hostess. Big hugs to all!!!

Deb

• barbamaman
    17 years ago

My box of garden joy arrived! I am awed by the wonderful variety! This really has to be the best swap yet. Seriously.

Some of the seeds you crazy peeps sent for my theme gardens cracked me up!

I just went through it all once, and I'll go over it agin when I get over the wonder of it all...

Kim, you did such a great job. You've definitely won Sown and Sow's Seedy Iron Cross of Distinction with this.

Barb

• lhmkc
    17 years ago

got my seeds today havent looked but will as soon as watering is over and i get a little settled thank you to all I can tell already here are far more seeds then expected

• drippy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

ROTFLMBO, Barb - my children call me seedy all the time :).

Lime & others, yes, I did add my own seeds - the second reason I took on this swap was hopefully to pare down some of my ridiculous stash. I might have succeeded a bit better at that if I hadn't spent an hour and a half yesterday cataloguing all the great seeds you all sent ME for my gardens - sheesh, I'm back up to a bazillion again!

I'm glad those packages are finding their way home - may you all have gardens this year as big as your hearts!

• duane456
    17 years ago

Hi, got my seeds today! What a haul. Thanks to all who participated. And especially to Drippy.
    Duane

• nicolenanette
    17 years ago

WOW......... these are all mine?
    thats not fair, i only sent in a few. I shouldnt get so much!! THANK YOU TO EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU. Now i know for next time! You all have such cool little packages.
    THANK YOU DRIPPY!!!!
    nicole in san diego

• Julie
    17 years ago

Oh My!!! Oh Goody! OH WWWOWWWWW!!
    I am just speechless!
    Well- o.k.- I keep hearing exclamations coming from my mouth- and gasps of astonishment- and whoops of joy!!

What a wonder-full envelope arrived for me today!

Kim- thank you. Thank you for thinking of such a inspiring swap! And for putting your idea into action! And for lovingly, carefully and diligently persevering through the thick of it!

Thank you fellow players- who followed through by really enjoying searching your seed boxes and finding so many treasures to share with those who really appreciate your thoughtful selections!

I kinda thought the best part of this swap was playing with the varied themes in my seed box- and having fun trying to fit my "square peg" seeds into your "round holes" themes.

Until today.

I am truly astounded and amazed with what was selected with me in mind! Thank you all so very much! The kindness, thoughtfulness and generosity shown is hugely appreciated!

This swap is the BEST I have ever participated in- not just the terrific seeds sent my way- picking out the seeds to send was fun and rewarding as well!

Great work there Drippy!

Thanks again to all of you!

Julie

So much for cutting back on the seed starting this year....

• tammymn
    17 years ago

Thanks Kim for hosting and doing all the work. AFter I sent in my seeds to you I did find another 2 bundles of seeds that I had put away for 2 more gardners. Oh well. Thanks for all who put seeds in there for me. I hope everyone liked what I sent them as well. I have more seeds than I know what to do with. THanks again Kim it is tons and tons of work. TammyMN

• squirrelspur
    17 years ago

Got my package yesterday. Thank you so much Kim and fellow round-robiners. Haven't had a chance to go through all those seeds, pulled out a few here and there and was overwhelmed! Looks like everyone did a lot of work to help fulfill my themes, and so generously. What a wonderful group of traders in this swap.

I feel like a kid after Halloween, looking through my big shopping bag of candy, deciding what to eat next!

Kim you did a great job.

Karen

• nicolenanette
    17 years ago

oh!! where or what forum do i join to learn how to grow from seed? All the little tidbits that you learn. I have always bought one gallon plants? Now i have about 2 dozen little plants (pots) in my kitchen. I would love to learn all the tidbits.
    nicole

• fabraholic216
    17 years ago

WOW! WOW! WOW! I am so amazed, impressed, and excited by the generosity you all have displayed! I got my seeds in the mail today and am overwhelmed with what I recieived. You are all so kind. And Kim I so appreciate all the work you did in organizing this swap and doing all of the trades. I can't wait to get planting! Thank you all so much!
    Hugs,
    Stephanie

• moonberry
    17 years ago

I received my package yesterday.
    It came at such a perfect time...I was having an extremely frustrating day, taking care of my mom. She is a stroke victim. I left her house completely exasperated. Went home to find this huge package, crammed with wonderful little presents, given so lovingly from people that I have never met. I was in tears as I pulled out bundles after bundles, all personally prepared for me.

Thank you, everyone, so much for your gifts of love and thoughtfulness! I am blown away by your generosity. Kim, you've done an amazing job! These seed packets mean so much to me. I know that as my garden grows, I will have each of you there, with bright, smiling, colorful faces, swaying in the breeze, showing me that yes, there's good in life and there's people that care.

Later in the evening, I showed the seeds to my daughters. We had so much fun and just giggled as we sorted out all of the packs.
    Barb- we're quite excited about learning how to make fairy hats! Thank you!
    Lime- love your packages, the presentation's pretty cool!

Thank you, again, everyone, for all of the butterfly and cutting flower seeds, the soon to be gorgeous purple flowers and the very cute fairy garden seeds!

I'm sending you all hugs!
    Mary

• scouttiegirl
    17 years ago

WOWIE ZOWIE!!!! I too am so overwhelmed by the generosity of everyone. I want to thank everyone for putting so much effort into this swap. I want to especially thank all those that sent things in for my gardens. What a wonderful way to spend the snowed in day by looking over all the wonderful seeds. Also a special thank you to Kim for organizing this swap and still finding time to go through my wants list and sending me some very very nice seeds. I am so glad I was part of such a wonderful swap. You guys sent in the best stuff. Can't wait to wintersow this weekend~Heather

• nettasaura
    17 years ago

Kim...thanks so much! You really are a pearl. And thanks to everybody who set things aside for me. I am absolutely thrilled with what I got. Most especially after Kim went the extra mile for me...there is a bit of a story behind that.

You see, I had decided to pull out of the swap due to familial obligations. But people had already been sending in their packages, plus I had already pulled seeds for people and had also set aside quite a few for extras. So I asked Kim if I couldn't just send the seeds in anyway and asked not to recieve anything back. I also told her she could just redistribute those things that had been earmarked for me. She agreed to this after doubly making sure I didn't want anything back. So I sent in my seeds and considered it done and over with.

Well, lo and behold, if I didn't get a very special email from Kim several days later. This remarkable gem of a woman had set aside everything that had been earmarked for me, catalogued it, and sent me a list to see if there was anything I might still really want. I was so floored by the fact that she was still thinking of me in the middle of a few thousand packs of seeds, that I just couldn't refuse. So I made my selections and wouldn't you know, but she has thrown in some extras on top of selections I made, and all things that I wanted! So just because of Kim and her kindness, finding that small package of treasures in the mail today was better than if she had sent me 500 packs.

So let it be known far and wide that "Miss" Kim (as my four year old calls every female adult) is absolutely priceless and don't let anybody tell you any different!!!

Lots of Hugs for you Kim,
    Netta

• galium
    17 years ago

Kim, I received my seeds today. I was amazed.... So many generous members. I never expected to receive so many different kinds of seeds.

You did a wonderful job hostessing this Swap. I'm not sure I'd want to wade through all those seeds. I'd probably be intimidated.

I'm sending out more postage to you tomorrow.

Thanks and Hugs,
    Mariann

• northerngirlz3
    17 years ago

WOW - I got my package today. I'm always amazed at all the neat stuff I didn't even know existed! I'll be wintersowing more than I expected this year :)

Thanks to everyone, and especially to Kim. This theme swap was a great idea and you did an amazing job!!!!
    Jen

• Michelle Reynolds
    17 years ago

hello
    I got my seeds today and I wanted to thank all the people that sent me seeds but I got so many seeds from so many people that I just type too slow to list them all.
    thank you, thank you, thank you.
    this swap was a joy
    thank you
    michelle

• moonphase
    17 years ago

I also received my seeds today and was also wowed!!and very happy with what I received.Thank you to everyone that sent seeds esp/ for me and Thank You Kim for all the great selections you sent.You have been a great host.I sure hope this is not your last time to host and worry and go sleepless and all the rest these swaps require..lolYou are the best.
    moonphase

• drippy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Glad so many of you have received packages already - still have yet to hear from Askewgardens, Dparkerla, Sandysgarden, Lisam627, Moonphase, & Stagerat.

I am almost done cataloguing the ones I didn't distribute - some "I coulda had a V8" moments as I realize that some of them were on some folks' wish lists, or would fit their themes. I'll send out an email within the next few days on that - maybe while you're all watching what I call the "Stupidbowl" (blasphemy, I know...), and post here when I do. You need only respond with a list from the list of what you'd like; I'll take care of the rest.

Concert season winds down for me for a few weeks after tomorrow night; I'll get some more serious wintersowing done then. Supposed to have some white stuff of shovelable amounts here tonight!

• sandysgardens
    17 years ago

So sorry for the delay in responding, I worked a 14 hour day on Monday and 13 hours on Tuesday and didnt get much done except sit on the couch and drool over my envelope. However I am off today and still drooling over my envelope.

I too received a huge overly stuffed envy on Monday. I couldnÂt believe my mailman (have a sub) got it into the mailbox. Took me a bit of time getting it out, didnÂt want to tear it. A HUGE HUG goes out to Kim for doing such a wonderful job and just as big of HUGS to all of you who sent in seeds designated for me and those whose seeds were sent that fit one of my themes.

Big thanks too for those that specifically sent seeds for my granddaughterÂs garden. I called my daughter to tell her, and she cried (26 and still very sensitive), she couldnÂt believe that people would be so kind. I reminded her that these were gardeners and are some of the best people to know and have as friends (near and far). We can hardly wait to get AddisonÂs garden area started.

Again, not only Kim has outdone herself, you all have. A great big round of applause to all of you!!

Wishing many blooms to you all in the coming months and years!
    Sandy

Off to research some seeds so I know what to do with them!!

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    17 years ago

Hi Kim...I received my package and was just ecstatic with what you sent! My husband just kept rolling his eyes at me over all of my exclamations!! You did a superb job...I really appreciate all of the time and effort you spent organizing and coordinating this swap. You have really made a lot of people happy here on GW by hosting the Theme Garden swap!!! Thanks a million - I love everything!! And thanks a million to all of you who took the time to send me seeds - your thoughtfulness and generosity are most appreciated!

• askewgardens
    17 years ago

I spent a leisurely morning perusing my fabulous packet of seeds. I really enjoyed myself, and got a few chuckles out of some of them! Thank you to EVERYONE for spening so much time and effort picking and choosing seeds to meet our themes, but ESPECIALLY to Drippy for what I know was a monumental task. I hope it was as rewarding for you as it was for me! It would be nice if we could take photos of our theme gardens to share. I do know I have to about triple the size of my moon garden!

• drippy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Okay, so just Stage_rat and Dparker_la to hear from now - that's pretty good work by the USPS. Stage & Dparker, if you're out there, are you still waiting? You should email me for delivery confirmation numbers if you don't get them by tomorrow - all the packages went out at the same time last Friday.

Askew, I noticed on your member pages that anything that is too fussy has no place in your garden. LOL, that is a philosophy I SHOULD ascribe to! (and may be moving toward as time goes on) Hope most of what you received qualified for that boat. Did you ever find any dance theme stuff? The only thing I can think of offhand is Tango impatiens (a New Guinea type), and no one sent any of that, and to my surprise, I didn't have any either.

• stage_rat
    17 years ago

I FINAAAALLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYY have my seeds! I went to my parents' house to get them yesterday, and I was locked out. (They had locked a lock I didn't have a key for) I was so disappointed. Today I swung by and tore open the almost-round envelope and looked through all the goodies with my mom. I can't believe all the great stuff I received! Thank you, everyone! I received tons of the seeds I'd specifically asked for, and seeds that fit my themes in fantastic and creative ways.

If anyone has questions about any of the seeds I sent, just let me know and I'll try to answer them. All tomato seeds I sent were fermented (that's a good thing).

Kim, you did such a great job of sorting and organizing! We are so lucky to have had you to host this huge swap. Thanks!

• andrea81
    17 years ago

Sorry I have been sick and didn't get back here to post sooner.

I want to say a BIG HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who sent me seeds. I got tons of great stuff :-) An especially BIG thank you Julie!

A big thank you to Kim too for all of your hard work and efforts. I really enjoyed this swap. Now if I could just get some things winter sown I would be so happy. I can't seem to kick this head cold and it's supposed to be a high of like 15 here tomorrow and even colder for the weekend. Boo hoo :(

Have a great rest of the week everyone and thanks again!

Andrea

• askewgardens
    17 years ago

Drippy, I did find something else with tango in it. I can't remember what though! I know there are plants out there, like foxtrot penesetum and daylilies, orential lilies and of course the Buck roses, and also Carex 'Ice Dance'. They're out there, I just have to keep an eye out! Thanks again Kim

• drippy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi, all - I have just sent out an email to everyone - Barbamaman, your first one bounced; I tried again, but you might want to email me directly - called "TGS - The Rest" with the seeds I have left that didn't get distributed. If you send me an email within a week, I will set seeds aside and send them out to you, largely first come first served, but if I can split some packs if necessary, I will.

Anything not claimed by next Friday night will be packed up & sent on to the Newbie Seed Project.

Thanks!
    Kim

P.S. Update your "seeds wanted" list - since I will be sending these out in a more leisurely fashion, if I have any of your wants that I can spare in my stash, I'll send them on - Lord knows, I'll never get all the seeds I have planted!

• limequilla
    17 years ago

Sounds really great, Kim, thanks!

For those of you looking at the wildflower seed mixes on the list, but wondering what in the heck you'd do with them, Trudi (the wintersowing Queen) had an idea I thought I'd pass along. She sows the mixes in a big flat lasagne-style roasting pan and wintersows them. In the spring when it's time to plant out, she cuts the seedlings into little "brownies" about 1" square and plants the plugs about 12-14" apart in the spring. Some of the seeds, and consequently the plants, will be very close together, but apparently this makke no difference....she says the end result is delightful.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, you can go to the wintersowing forum or just get a big aluminum roasting pan at the Dollar Store. They are about 3" deep and have a domed plastic cover, also 3" deep (or tall). One pan for $1.00. Prep it for wintersowing by poking holes in the bottom and sides of the pan for drainage, and also the top for ventilation and also watering. A 1/4" diameter hole every 5".

Put in 2 1/2" of seed starting mix -- whatever you normally use, and water really well. Let drain. Add more soil if it compressed -- you want it 1/2 fromthe rim of the pan. If it takes too long to drain, put more holes in the bottom, and also the sides, down close to the bottom. Sprinkle the seed mix into the pan and leave it outside with the vented cover on it.

In March, start watching for seedlings and make sure the pan doesn't dry out. It will have to be watered every 2-3 days unless you get rain. Depending on the varieties of seed in the package, and where you live, they can be planted out late April-early May. Just around the time of your last frost.

Thompson-Morgan sells Cottage Mixtures by color. All blue, all pink, all yellow, all white and maybe more colors. Seems to me anybody could do this using the list drippy sent out along with the wintersowing "brownie" method of Trudi's. A Yellow /White mix of yellow strawflowers, shasta daisies, white scabiosa, Salvia "white Knight', plus yellows: Hellenium, Coreopsis, Daylily &/or Gallardia and whites: Columbine, and Agastache, would make a very large color- coordinated garden that would be pretty, bloom all summer, and provide gorgeous cutflowers. Plus about half of them would come back next year! Sheesh! I wish I had more room here for it! (If you actually try it, you can't use all the seeds from all the packs I mentioned or you will have way too many plants. But I bet you could use 200-300 seeds in the flat -- just mix them all up!)

Lime

• strmywthr3
    17 years ago

Kim, you are so generous! I have already received way more than I sent in, and way more than I figure out what to do with right now!! lol

Barbi

• drippy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Barbi, I'm glad you wrote - yours is one of 2 emails I sent that bounced (Barbamaman's being the other) - I am glad you are happy with your package!

Kim

• strmywthr3
    17 years ago

Kim, I tried to send you an email directly. Not sure why my yahoo email would be bouncing.

Barbi

• stage_rat
    17 years ago

I looked up the information for the two packets of iris seeds I received in this great swap. Some Japanese Iris aren't hardy in my area (zone 5), but some are. Neither of the packets had the trader's name on them, so I'm posting here in hopes that they will read this!

One packet said "Iris Ensata mixed colors, no yellow" and was a triangle of folded white paper.

The other packet said "Japanese Iris, White" hand-written on a white piece of paper, in a standard seed-ziploc bag.

If I could just find out what zone you're in, I'll know whether it's safe to grow these plants in my yard--or if they'll have to be among the crazy amount of pots I drag inside every winter, turning my house into a potting shed!

Thanks! (and...gentle request--please always put your name on seed packs when you trade! :) )