Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flwrs4ever

NEW: Secret Santa Swap turns Birthday Seed Extravaganza

flwrs4ever
15 years ago

If there is an interest this is how we will handle the swap.

Everyone will post their BIRTHDAY BEFORE DEC 31ST. The month of your Birthday ..you will post a wish list of 25 items AND have your WANT list up to date.

Others will look at your wish list, and send you a Birthday card, with a Birthday Surprise.

I will require an email from all of you with your mailing address...and your Birthday...PLUS When you send someone a card..so I can make sure they will be receiving.

Ok, I think I am crazy...LOL BUT who wants to play ??

Comments (150)

• divahethr
    15 years ago

I would like to join because I've a had a ball with the secret santa swap and the group of friends theme and keeping in touch all year long is awesome. I just have to say that I will be 40 in 21 days. I had to type it to see what it looked like in print...40
    heather

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Here Heather how is this? 40 NOW how does it look in print?
    OMG...I am SOOOOOOOOO sorry I had to do it. I just had tah!

Bernie, ummm (smiling sweetly and batting eyelids) WHY do I crack you up? hehehe
    Well, you know I had a point!

Danny, boy I wasn't saying the children swap shouldn't happen. I am just saying I wouldn't participate in it because I have no children or GRANDCHILDREN for that matter and I couldn't play in those games...sniffly. And since I am older then DIRT now, mind you YOU are STILL older then I (hehe) I wouldn't know HOW to do a children's swap, what do those little Angels like now-a-days anyways?

I think the RR box is just one of the COOLESTEST ideas EVER...HOW NEATO, opps am I dating myself...oh no, I watched Rachal Ray, she says it yeah that's WHO I got that from NEATO!!! and YUM-O!!! ANYWAY, I would like to do that, BUT you must also realize it can cost someone a lot to mail outside of their zone, so you have to figure out who ships to who to keep the cost down and not just randomly pick names or in the order in which we sign up either.
    It cost me more to send to say Texas then it would to SC.

OK,,,well, guess I better go find something else to do...

Anyone with ESP or foreseeing the future? Cause I have lost a roll of stamps and if you could TELL me where I will find them well I might just have to hug yah!

:) Fran

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Dan, I would hug you if I could...you said everything for me, and exactly what I wanted to say..

The kids swap , is for KIDS...NO ADULTS ALLOWED !!
    The kids swap, was for the kids to sign up, thru the parent of course, then send a pack of seeds and a homemade card to the other kids. It was not MEANT for the adults to feel like they werent getting their alone time...

I would do three different swaps, but I dont think I need to..this is a bday celebration, and YOU CHOOSE if you want to join in the three different areas.

anyways, I am having one of those days, so Ill come back tomorrow...when I can say what I mean better...just look at Dans post, he said it all, and very well I might add.

Kym

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE THESE QUESTIONS, AND EMAIL ME THEN WITH THE ANSWERS...ADD YOUR MAILING ADDRESS, AND GARDENWEB NAME WITH IT, IF YOU HAVEN'T SENT YOUR ADDRESS. ( PLEASE ALWAYS INCLUDE YOUR GW NAME IN AN EMAIL TO ME, THANKS)

1. DO YOU HAVE A BDAY IN DEC...IF SO, DO YOU WANT TO CELEBRATE IT IN DEC OR JULY.

2. DO YOU WANT TO HAVE YOUR KIDS JOIN IN A KIDS ONLY SWAP, IT WOULD INCLUDE A HOMEMADE CARD, AND PACK OF SEEDS.

3. DO YOU WANT TO JOIN THE 'PINATA' PART OF THE SWAP?

4.DO YOU PROMISE TO DO YOUR VERY BEST TO STAY IN THIS SWAP UNTIL DEC ?

NUMBER 4 IS A BINDING CONTRACT...LOL REALLY, IF YOU DONT FOLLOW THRU, WE WILL HUNT YA DOWN, AND THROW SEEDS AT YA..GRIN.

OK, FILL OUT THE QUESTIONS AND SEND THEM TO ME.

IF YOU HAVE A DEC B DAY I WILL GIVE YOU THE OPTION OF DOING IT IN JULY OR DECEMBER...SO KIDDO ...IF YOUR AROUND..WE WILL DO A SWAP IN DEC...JUST FOR YOU !! (HUG)

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

Okay Fran, I wasn't picking on you, not by any means. It just seemed like a lot of people were thinking they had to get into everything, so I thought I'd clear it all up for them. You know me, always willing to speak up! LOL!

And by the way, about that lost roll of stamps? Check where you had them last...hehehe... couldn't resist!!!

• maozamom NE Ohio
    15 years ago

I'd like to join the birthday swap. I'm not interested in the pinata swap or the kids swap. Another late June birthday here. I thought it was so farsighted of my mother to plan it that way!

I'm organized enough that it will be no problem staying in until the end.

mao

• playintheyard
    15 years ago

Wow these last posts have been entertaining! lol
    Heather I loved turning 40! It's rather "freeing" for lack of a better word. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Dan good job at the microphone clear and to the point.
    My "children" are 21, 20 & 17 - can't send them the seeds on their wish list!! lmbo !! only kidding !!
    Well kinda, someday I'll have to tell you how I switched some nice ws tom. seedlings out w/ another kind of seedlings I found growing. Don't know if I should send this guess I'll just jump in and see how it goes. haha

Annette

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Kym ~ Sending you back your email 'questionnaire' :P

p.s. I posted your partner on the Choc swap, go take a look! :)

Hugs everyone!
    ~Wendy

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Annette, please.........do tell.......would love to hear a good story today.

Kym

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

OH, blushing Dan is picking on me....ahhh, that is NOT funny....boohooo, I REALLY NEED THOSE DANG STAMPS!
    I totally can NOT find them, I have LOOKED every logical and SOME not so logical places....
    I swear I am the BIGGEST stinking air-head!

OK KYM, my answers to 1: would be NO 2: NO, no bratlings 3: Yes and 4: ABSOLUTELY GIRLFRIEND YOU CAN COUNT ON ME.... so would I STILL need to email those to you? pheeeewwwwfffff, I am so bad...I sorry.
    I mean don't you want more then just 4 little lowly questions, I mean YOU KNOW I am BIG on questions...hehe.

I want stories too,,,who was posed to be passing around stories?

:)Fran

• msmacgyver
    15 years ago

Fran I was just refering to the PSA ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Cracked me up. :)
    Bernie

• angelady777 (Angela) - Zone 6
    15 years ago

Yes, I agree, very well said, Dan!

Kym, I hope I didn't get ya in a sour mood. I SURE didn't mean to. You're just the best and have some awesome ideas, I might add! JUST AWESOME!

Also, I see I misunderstood the kids swap... I didn't realize THEY were swapping... LOL... I figured we would be sending to others kids and them to ours or something like that, but I guess it's kind of the same deal, but with the kids doing what we are? Like, do they have wish lists, too? I wish I had more room here to plant... all four of them could have a big bed just to themselves.... So far, I see that I can trust them (for the most part) with our family garden....

I hope it's okay to post my answers here:

1. No

2. No

3. No

4. ABSOLUTELY, I'll stick with you guys/gals all year through!

AND, KIDDO, IF YOU REJOIN I PROMISE TO GET YOU ON YOUR BIRTHDAY AND FOR THE SECRET SANTA SWAP!!!! :-) HAVE YOU MADE YOUR NEW WANT LISTS?

Blessings,
    Angela

• soonergrandmom
    15 years ago

The birthday extravaganza is a 12 step program. You don't graduate unless you complete the program or all your gardens may turn to weeds or your roses will have thorns, or............

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Angela, sorry it sounds as if I was in a sour mood...I was just having "one of those days"...the computer ISP kept coming and going...my power went out..and just everyday stuff...wasnt anything here..and I didnt want to talk much for fear I would say something that sounded wrong...as I did If I made you feel like it was about this..

It was just a day where I needed to crawl up with a good book, i think...but it was too busy for that..LOL

When I was receiving all the wonderful cards made by the kids, it made me think of them, and how much they might like getting a card in the mail too...I thought if 12 kids signed up, they would only have to mail one card a month..and so...I was just probably trying to take on too much...I will see if anyone wants to do it, if not that is ok also.

I would greatly appreciate it, if you could all take the time to send me the answers IN an email...that way this thread wont get all jumbled with answers, and I wanted to have them all in one place....thanks !

Fran, did you stop looking for those stamps yet ? Im telling ya they will show up once you dont look anymore..

Thanks for signing up...It will be so much fun to get to Celebrate your Birthdays !! I will be looking forward to being invited to ALL your parties..tee hee

Kym

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Kym I was just playing when I POSTED my answers, I THOUGHT everybody would get that I was...sorry....you know me!

Yes, dear I HAVE stopped looking...I have no clue, can't look for something that totally disappeared!

OH well, I guess I will email my answers to you and go find something to do or take my meds and go to bed...

15 years ago

Yah, Fran is just leading us all off the track then, ain't she? You know this girl (me) is easily confused! Don't mess with my already weakened state.... LOL

Carol (soonergrandmom) - You had me rolling! Thanks!

Kym - Oh, I didn't mean to say you were being witchy or any other similar word... I am thankful for you letting me know that I wasn't to blame for any part of your bad day, though... I hope everything is straight now! Well, the bright side after bad days is usually they can be beat with a much better day the next day... I hope you get that today, Kym!

Blessings,
    Angela

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hey everyone...I apologize, I really was just having "one of those days"...Like Angela said, today is a new day...and I am thankful for that..and I am fine..I dont usually have bad days...BUT that means the rest will good, right ?

I cant wait to get this PARTY STARTED....How many of us no longer "really" celebrate our bdays ? I am hoping all the "fun and Spirit" of the Christmas swap will go the whole year...

Have a wonderful day !

Kym

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

Well... personally I still celebrate my birthday. Though no one else does :( To me it's still an important day. Last two husband's could have cared less. But man, let their birthday pass without hoopla! Cliff is different and though my last birthday was a little overshadowned by buying the van, he still made it more special than the last two.

As far as celebrating my age, I still do. On January 14th I'll be 39 and proud of it! I'm still a young, vital, active woman and am proud of each year! LOL, I will probably never be one of those who remain 39 forever.

I'm really looking forward to getting the cards for my birthday! The kids use to make me some homemade ones, but I never really got any from anyone else. So this will be really special for me!

Kathy

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Kym/Dan, I gave in. I purchased more stamps today!

I don't get to celebrate my bday either. NOT by MY choice. I LOVE my bday, I still want presents! Don't need the cake but a present would be NICE! I don't really care how old I am, I never truly plan on growing up! NEVER, NEVER, NEVER!
    I like Halloween and Christmas too, IF I COULD go trick or treating you better dong on bet I would!

Angela, it is my JOB to be bad, I veer off track a LOT (ASK KYM!). You guys just have to decide IF you want to follow me or not! I can not be responible for the choice anyone makes....HEHE

I just want to let everyone know, since there has been some confusion from time to time about HOW ppl are coming across on posting their replies in threads, PLEASE never take me the wrong way. I am usually ALWAYS trying to make a joke, or kid around in some way. I very rarely pop-off but occasionally it has happened. But you can tell when my mood has changed, those who have read my post can tell you when I am depressed or in a bad mood.
    I just wanted to let all of you know since we will be sharing LOTS of post that mine are always meant to be light hearted, just like posting the 40 to Heather, she said whe wanted to see what it looked like in print, well she had the little 40. I wanted her to SEE it in bigger numbers....hehe, it looks different bigger! LOL.
    So please ya'll, always assume I am joking UNLESS I am giving sympathy or compassion to someone, then I am truly genuinely sincere. Ok?

• lysa39
    15 years ago

Hello
    I would love to join but alittle confused about this. Do we post our birthdays and we get stuff from everyone? Also then we send other people stuff for there birthdays?
    My birthday is JANUARY 19Th
    Thanks Lisa

15 years ago

Kathy - I'm glad you're doing this swap. I, too, hardly get a birthday card other than from my little darlings. It's been a long while since I was a kid and always got attention on my birthday, so this will be fun!!!

Fran - It'll be fun to see you at it like we already have been enjoying! Just clarify for stuff I fall for that I shouldn't, to point out to everyone even more so how silly I am, okay? LOL :-)

Lisa - IF you have something to share that is on someone else's wish list, then send it to them for their birthday with a birthday card, and we will do the same thing for you. You do NOT need to send to everyone on their birthday. Pick one or two every month or so that you have something that they want and send it to them. The most important thing is to stick with it all year long rather than just the first few months and then flake off... we want those having birthdays late in the year to receive as abundantly as the rest of us do through the first part of the year.

Kym - Happy NEW day to you, girl! :-)

Blessings,
    Angela

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

Fran, don't give up on those stamps yet! I'm getting another vision (just ate a fresh-baked brownie!) and they are in the last place you'll look for them! Go figure! LOL!!!

Okay, everyone be good, here comes Wendy...

• chellflower
    15 years ago

Hey Fran...as for your stamps, here's what I do when I lose something like that...

1. Check pockets/purse (I'm sure you've already done this by now)
    2. Check car thoroughly.
    3. Re-trace remaining steps since you last saw them
    4. If they still haven't turned up check the fridge/pantry!

Yes, I have found my keys in there before!! (I've also found the milk in the pantry, but that's a different story, LOL)!

Hope ya find 'em soon!!!

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Dan, you dirty dog. How 'bout mailing me some for Christmas...LOL.
    Wendy is gonna get you for plastering her pic all over GW, I just betcha she is...nananabooboo!!! Wendy's gonna get you!

Chellflower, I have looked everywhere. I gave up and just bought some more! I spent 58.00 at the post office today mailing out packages and then a few stamps...Gosh I need to start a courier service!

• highalttransplant
    15 years ago

Chellflower, your list of places to search reminds me of our hunts for my 2 year olds sippy cup, LOL. She'll come and ask for a drink, and I'll say where is the cup I already fixed for you. Of course the response is... yep, you guessed it ... "I don't know." We have found it under the couch, in her brother's bed, in the cabinet under the bathroom sink, and YES in the pantry. Sometimes it's a day or two before we can locate it, which isn't too bad if it happened to be juice, but if it was milk ... GROSS!!!

Bonnie

• colcol
    15 years ago

Please sign me up for the birthday swap and also the pinata swap. looking fwd to it!
    BD is Oct 2

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Bonnie, that is too funny...LOL I always had to have several sippy cups with my son because we never knew where they were...but I have to warn you..the yucky milk...it still happens...LOL My son is a teenager, and all he drinks is milk and water...I HATE to go into his room and find the milk cups...UGH!!

I just KNOW When Fran goes to pack another swap box, she will find those stamps !!

Fran, if you see this...I tried to add you to YAHOO Messenger...

Ok, I am off to try and finish some more emails, and adding up totals.

I will be gone in the morning, but promise to get to all the emails in the evening. My dad is going to take me out to a few stores.

THANKS, TO YOU ALL FOR JOINING THE SWAP !!! I REALLY HOPE WE WILL ALL ENJOY SOME FUN...

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

Fran, I lost a whole book of stamps a couple months ago. Looked for those buggers EVERYWHERE! moved desks, etc. I had some trades ready to send out, so I went and got more. Last month I was looking for something else and what did I find hiding in a corner of the drawer? That book of stamps! So.. I did a happy dance.. then promptly sent out more Christmas cards!

Kathy

• crafting4goddess
    15 years ago

I'll play again! My B-Month is March. I'll have to get together that rather expansive wish-list for this next one. LOL I don't have many more wants at this point...maybe something will pop up. :)

• stevenwayne
    15 years ago

may i join just let me know

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

*Hugs Fran! You're such a sweetie, you always have such nice things to say! I think most of us know you're kidding about such things! I love the I'll never grow up comment! It made me lol. :)

*BONKS Dan for that dang Xena pic again! no further comment necessary..lol

Kym I still am finding strange experiments in my kids' rooms.. I am beginning to wonder at what age (if EVER!) that stops!?!?! I'm guessing when they move out, huh? :P

Just checkin' in to say hiya! so.. HIYA~

Hugs,
    Wendy

• markcase1964
    15 years ago

Fran,

I just consulted The Mentalist on CBS. He said that your stamps are located where the last person moved them after you left the last place you put them. LOL.

Mark

• soonergrandmom
    15 years ago

One day I was 2nd in the check out line at Walmart and when the first lady left and was already out of the store, I looked down and found that she had dropped a whole page of stamps. Neither I nor the cashier had any idea who she was so the cashier said, "Just take them". I hope that lady didn't spend as much time looking for them as you have. I felt a little guilty Keeping them.

• ak110682
    15 years ago

Hiya Hiya all! Not sure if this is where I should be posting about the wonderful xmas cards and seeds I've been recieving in the mail.

I recieved a card from Lori, vikingkirken..... the handmade seed packets are as cute as can be!!! She sent me some "Hawaiian Pineapple" tomato seeds, some "rosa bianca" eggplant seeds and some cilantro seeds! Thanks so much Lori! They all will DEFINATELY be in my garden this spring! Wooo Hoo!

I also recieved a card from Christy, bonechickchris.... she sent some "Red Marconi sweet pepper" seeds, and 4 differet types of eggplants! Diamond Eggplant, Thai long green eggplant, casper eggplant, and Florida market eggplant. Wow Christy..... I think there is a very good possibility that I may have TOO many eggplants in spring. LOL!!! Cut-back???... NO WAY! hahahaha

Merry Christmas,
    Amber

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

NOPE Amber, see link below.

MARK!!!! (muttering under breathe, MEN!!!) I had them...ME, NO ONE else, I LOST them...ME...hanging head again...I miss my stamps, they were good stamps.

Kathy, if I find my stamps EVER I will do a happy dance! I did have to buy more because I had swaps and things going out but I have given up on finding them!

THANKS WENDY, I think your a sweetie too!

SO Kym, what is the total count on Bday people?
    And the round robin box?

Here is a link that might be useful: CARD side of Secret Santa POSTING

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Fran...I am good, but not that good...still working on the ssswap ya know..LOL OK, OK, I sat here and put a preliminary list together...I DID NOT LOOK AT THE EMAILS WHEN WRITING THIS....I just did it from the posts on the thread.....I will update it again...promises.

this is just to satisfy Fran, so it looks like I know what I am doing........LOL

All mistakes will be fixed by me...when I am not soo tired...LOL

jan
    dimples31312 2
    girlsgardener_2007 6
    spookycharles 10
    jaleeisa 14
    lysa39 19
    dirtduchess 20
    andreaz6wv 29
    ishareflowers 31

feb
    angelady
    chellflower 9
    medontdo 13
    ilovefarac 15
    shropshire_lad

march
    ncgardengal 20
    craftingforgoddess

april
    mommyto3 3
    flowers4ever 10
    dirt_under_my_nails
    sassybuterfly_2008

may
    micrey
    carol57078
    soonergrandmom
    dirtygert

june
    godsgardener 16
    lisam627_ohio_z6 27
    rbrady 17
    kamiljablo 28
    yotetrapper
    mao_tse_mom

july
    sueirish
    highalttransplant
    playintheyard 11
    suze62

august
    morguegirl (the big 4-0)
    threas

sept
    apaloosa909 9
    dan_the_mailman 13

oct
    colcol 2
    wind_red 6
    auntnanee 8

nov
    Just1morehosta 8
    isamae 22
    intelkid

dec
    margarita10 18
    patrushka wants to be in July
    riley17 27 wants to be in July

Need B days for ...........
    markcase
    nikkineel
    proudgm_03
    peaches
    dirtdiggin
    divahethr
    stevenwayne

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

I went and looked at their GW pages
    Jan
    dimples31312 2
    girlsgardener_2007 6
    spookycharles 10
    jaleeisa 14
    lysa39 19
    dirtduchess 20
    andreaz6wv 29
    ishareflowers 31

Feb
    chellflower 9
    medontdo 13
    ilovefarac 15
    angelady 18
    shropshire_lad GW page says January 15

March
    ncgardengirl 20
    crafting4goddess 22

April
    mommyto3 3
    sassybutterfly_2008 8
    flowers4ever 10
    markcase 14
    dirt_under_my_nails 29
    proudgm_03 23
    stevenwayne 30

May
    soonergrandmom 2
    nikkineel 17
    carol57078 23
    micyrey 27
    dirtygert 29

June
    godsgardener 16
    rbrady 17
    lisam627_ohio_z6 27
    kamiljablo 28
    mao_tse_mom 28
    yotetrapper 29

July
    sueirish GW page says Sept 12
    highalttransplant GW page says Jan 1
    playintheyard 11
    suze62 19

August
    threas 4
    morguegirl (the big 4-0) 21

Sept
    apaloosa909 9
    dan_the_mailman 13
    peaches September 16
    dirtdiggin 29

Oct
    colcol 2
    wind_red 6
    auntnanee 8

Nov
    intelkid 4
    Just1morehosta 8
    isamae 22

Dec
    margarita10 18
    patrushka wants to be in July
    riley17 27 wants to be in July
    divahethr 30

GOSH Kym I just figured you had been writing them down as we sign up, didn't mean to make you go look!
    But thanks, we have a lot in some months and not many in a few.

• morguegirl
    15 years ago

Hi All,

Kym, I don't see a Big 4-0 after your name, only mine,LOL.

Wendy, if the kid's experiments involve seeds of any kind,you know got a problem(blame Dan and his brownies)

Amy

• markcase1964
    15 years ago

Hi Kym,

I guess my email didn't go through to you.

April 14. I'll send it again with my address.

Mark

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

Hi Everyone,
    I wanted to take a moment and thank you all for the beautiful cards you've sent, offering your love, caring, hugs, and friendship. It's good to know I've got so many people who care about me and Bump, especially when we find ourselves still looking and listening for Paula, the one who turned this house into a home. The things you've all said has made it obvious that I wasn't the only one who cared for Paula, and for that, I thank you. The outpouring of your love these past two weeks has been a great comfort to me. I don't know what I'd do without all you guys.
    I have a request to make, though I'm not sure how exactly to say it. Can you imagine it? Me? Now knowing what to say? Anyway, let me just come out and say it, and please remember that I'm saying it with the best of intentions. I'm probably say this the wrong way, but then, I don't know if there's a right way. Bear with me, okay? ***deep breath*** Though I've enjoyed each and every card I've received, they've also reminded me of Paula's absence, and that's been a bit hard to deal with. I know the good intentions behind every card, and I love you all for them. I guess what I'm trying to ask, and botching it up pretty well, is that no one send any more cards about Paula. I need some time and space right now, so I can start figuring out how to make a life without her. My feelings are a bit raw still, and I need to let some of them settle down a bit. I know you are all willing to help me deal with Paula's absence, and I will forever be grateful for finding friends like you all. But, for now, I need to focus on the other parts of my life so I can get a handle on what's missing.
    I hope you all understand. I don't want to upset anyone, hurt them, or harm. I just need a little time spent focusing on the other parts of my life.

Thanks, again...
    -Dan & Bump

• alwaysagarden
    15 years ago

Hey Kym,
    I'd like to join as well! My birthday is November 24. Will only be doing the card/seed swap. Thanks for being our host Kym.

Cindy : )

• piksi_hk
    15 years ago

Is it too late to join?

My birthday is June 4.

Betsy

• perennialfan273
    15 years ago

Hi Kym,

I had a lot of fun with the Secret Santa Seed Swap. I think I'll try this.

• dirtduchess
    15 years ago

Regarding the Birthday Seed Swap..do we send cards to the ones that have birthdays in our month?

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Welcome everyone !! thanks sooo much for joining !!!!

If you have a January Birthday...please be working on your "wish lists".....We will be posting wish list on the day after Christmas...

Looking forward to getting the swap started,HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.....

15 years ago

dirtduchess - You send in birthday cards and seeds to those whose wishes you can fulfill. Each month, look at everyone's wish lists and see where you can bless someone.

It would be nice if we could all send one card per month to someone having a birthday that month, but it's not necessary to send every single month, from what I understand. It is only mandatory to stick with the swap throughout the year and not forget about your birthday swappers.

Blessings,
    Angela

• daffodillady
    15 years ago

1. No kids at home so no kids swap for me.
    2. Have had shaky results with recieving my end from trading packaged plants,and finances are kinda tight, so no pinata swap, maybe next time.
    3.Whenever December B-days want to recieve theirs is okay with me.
    4. I really enjoyed sending and recieving during the SS Swap, and am now looking forward to the Secret Bithday Seed Extravganza. What are the birthday helpers called? My birthday is August 5.

• proudgm_03
    15 years ago

How about calling them Birthday Buddies?

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Birthday Buddies sounds cute...especially since I feel like I have made some great buddies !!

DD, I sent you an email, Angela, thanks for posting info too !! I get the posts in an email, and sometimes I think it is just an email..didnt realize others would be thinking I didnt answer...LOL

This thread has almost maxed out, so in the morning, I shall make a new one, and we can get January going...SIGN UPS ARE STILL GOING ON, COME AND JOIN THE FUN !!

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

Alright, I *think* I have my list updated, but we all know that's a day by day thing! It's kinda like Pokemon- Gotta catch 'em all! LOL!

As far as my preferences, I'll be doing the card/seed swap, but not the others. I've found that I prefer RR swaps to true RRs, so I'm not going to do the Pinata. And Vincent and Devin are already involved in a children's birthday swap as well as being very well enabled by various Garden Buddies around here :) I'm not sure how much more their garden beds can hold!

Now I just need to get around to updating my trade list of things I have available to trade :)

Kathy

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

So, Kym, what should we look for in the way of a thread title? Birthday Buddies?