Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
NEW: Incredible Edibles's 5th Annual Seed Clean Out Swap!

Posted by farmergirl2009 Eastern WA zone 5 (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 30, 12 at 19:48

Welcome to the Incredible Edible's 5th Annual Seed Clean Out Swap.

It's time to start to plan this year's garden, flip through seed catalogs, and order all those varieties you can't live without. It's also a perfect time to go through your seed box and clean out all the seeds you don't want anymore and/or seeds that you are not likely to plant anytime soon.

DETAILS OF THIS SWAP:

1. Edibles only. This swap is limited to vegetables, berries and herbs.

2. The last day to sign up is January 27, 2013.

3. Please have your seeds to me no later than February 10, 2013.

4. Please send seeds in a bubble envelope, with a return address label and enough postage to get your package back to you. Generally speaking, whatever it costs to mail it to me is what you should include for the trip back. This will also depend if heavier seeds are sent in such as beans as these will make the package heavier and cost more to mail back.

5. Please enclose a list of seeds that you are sending and a wish list of seeds you are hoping to receive back. Make sure to include both your name and GW username on these lists.

6. Because this is truly meant to be a clean-out of your unwanted and/or unlikely to be used seeds, there is a chance you will receive fewer seeds than you sent in. Extra seeds will be donated to KC Community Gardens, an organization that helps low income gardeners start and sustain gardens in backyards, vacant lots, school yards, and community gardens. This group has a long track record (30+ years) and has fostered thousands of gardeners. So this is a great way to clean out your seed box, get some new (to you) seeds, and, most importantly, support an organization that helps gardeners who are in need.

7. Please no seed older that 2011. One caveat to this rule, if you have viable seed from 2009 or 2010 that you want to donate, go ahead and send it in. I will not include these older seeds in the swap but will put them directly in the donation pile. If you didn't grow this seed in 2011-2012, please do a germination test to confirm it will sprout.

8. Once I sort the seeds and match up all the requests that I can, I will post a list of extra seeds on a 'Going Once Going Twice" thread. If you see something on the list that sparks your interest, speak up and I will add it to your stash on a first come first serve basis. Assuming that I have received everyones seeds by February 10th, I will try to post the list of extras on Saturday, February 17th. To keep things moving along, I will keep the list updated for 3 days. After 3 days, whatever isn't claimed will be donated. Hopefully, we will have a nice cache of seeds to share.

OK are you ready to sign up? You know you wanna...so lets start going through and cleaning out our seed box's of seeds that aren't going to be planted this year. I know I have plenty.

Ellie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: NEW: Incredible Edibles's 5th Annual Seed Clean Out Swap!

Hey Ellie, I have never done this one before but I do have some extra seeds for this swap. I think donating the extras is a great idea too. Thanks for hosting. Margo

o

I'm ready!!

Barbi

o

Welcome to the swap Barbi. Sending you my address. LMK if you don't receive.

Ellie

o

I'd like to join!

I have a question about packing/labeling the seeds. If I have a large-ish package of seeds, should I just send it in and you decide how to divide it (since it could end up being seed for donation), or should I divide it into several smaller packets?

Thanks,
Julia

o

Thanks for joining Margo and Julia.

Julia what kind of seed is it and how old is the seed? If it's just a couple of years old do a germination test and if the seed is viable, by all means divide it up and send it in. I tried to send you an email but you have your email blocked so I can't give you my address.

Ellie

o

Thanks for joining Margo and Julia.

Julia what kind of seed is it and how old is the seed? If it's just a couple of years old do a germination test and if the seed is viable, by all means divide it up and send it in. I tried to send you an email but you have your email blocked so I can't give you my address.

Ellie

o

Way to be on top of things, Ellie! Thank you for getting this one started! It has taken a little longer than I expected to get all of the hosts lined up for the 2013 schedule, so thank you for jumping right in with this one. I appreciate your organization! A hallmark of a great hostess BTW : )

... and yes, sign me up. I have a quite a few packs of common pepper seeds leftover from the pepper swap, which I'd love to see get put to use, even if they go straight to the donation pile.

Thanks again for hosting!!!

Bonnie

o

Thanks Bonnie, I will add you to the list. Sending you an email with my address.

Ellie

o

I would like to join please

o

Hi Ellie,

Sorry - I've unblocked my email now.

As far as the seed, I'm not sure what the types are - I'll have to do some sorting. I just know that I have several full packets of seed that I tried last year but decided against using this year for one reason or another. Several different kinds of greens, for example, that weren't to my liking. They're from 2012 - germination shouldn't be a problem. I'll divide up the packets, if that's what you'd prefer - thanks!

-julia

o

Welcome to the swap Connie...will send you an email.

Julia, I can divide up the packets if you would rather I did or you can...doesn't make any difference to me. Sending you an email also. There are vegies we'll eat and some we don't so I know where you are coming from.

So far those that have signed up are:

strmywthr3/Barbie
Smitties50/Margo
Julia42/Julia
farmergirl2009/Ellie
highalttransplant/Bonnie

Looking like winter here but cold. By wednesday the high is suppose to be 9 degrees. Thats cold.

Ellie
Chefconnie/Connie

o

I'm in. sounds fun.

Michelle

o

Thank you for joining Michelle. I shall add you to the list. Looks like I have to correct the list...don't know what happened.

I have been on the phone a lot today with the vet. My miniature poodle isn't doing very well so the vet is going to double the pain medication. Silver is 14 years old and has medial luxating patella and arthuritis to boot. Today he has had a hard time walking and won't eat and yelps a lot. I have him on my electric blanket right now. The vet said its just a matter of time before I have to make a decision to put him down.

Those that have signed up so far are:

strmywthr3/Barbie
Smitties50/Margo
Julia42/Julia
farmergirl2009/Ellie
highalttransplant/Bonnie
Chefconnie/Connie
Mchill320/Michelle

I shall send you an email Michelle.

Ellie

o

Happy New Year to everyone! It's hard to believe that another year has rolled on by. First year of retirement and I can't say that I have accomplished very much. I guess back to the "TO DO" lists.

Yesterday and today have been spent by going through all of my vegies, berries and herb seeds. Can't believe I had that many. I would need acres and acres to plant all of them.

We have 7 people signed up so far but we could use a lot more. So come on and sign up and get checking those seeds. You might have some that your zone is wrong or its too cold to grow well in your zone or maybe your family doesn't like the taste. This is a clean-out swap to send those unwanted/unused seeds to, so they can get a new home and be used. You have until February 10th for your seeds to reach me.

Have a great week!

Ellie

o

Count me in please! :)

o

sign me up please

Tracy

o

I'd like to join this one.

Thanks for hosting, Ellie.

o

I have been gone all day. Between physical therapy, Dr. apointment and the vet again, it has been a busy day.

We have some new sign ups today. Welcome Shanta (from Canada), sassbutterfly_2008, Tracy77, and spacetogrow.

Here is our list so far:
strmywthr3/Barbie
Smitties50/Margo
Julia42/Julia
farmergirl2009/Ellie
highalttransplant/Bonnie
Chefconnie/Connie
Mchill320/Michelle
Shanta
sassybutterfly_2008/Wendy
Tracy77/Tracy
Spacetogrow

Sending you all emails.

Ellie

o

That is me from last fall. Some squash pile! Wonder how many different squashs and pumpkins are in this display. I was able to go to the National Heirloom Expo in Santa Rosa, CA for the 3 days last September. It was wonderful experience and was able to hear lots of speakers. I am planning on going again this year.

I have lots of different kinds of squash but not that many. I bought lots of vegetable seeds from the vendors. I think I came home with 80 some packages. I even was able to visit the Baker Creek store in Petaluma while I was there.

We still have lots of time to sign up for this swap if you are just thinking about it. Have a great day!

Ellie

o

Sign me up, I have a huge 2 gallon bag of seeds collected from last summer's garden, and from trades! Some rare seeds, and Heirlooms too. I can't plant them all, though I'd like to... Lol

o

Hi Ellie! I'd love to join in.

o

Burr....its cold outside. Was 17 degrees above freezing. At least the wind wasn't blowing or it would have felt colder.

Welcome to the swap gr8heather and legallyheidi. What a beautiful container of peppers and tomatoes gr8heather. Makes me hungry for fresh garden produce. What kind of peppers are those little round ones? I bought some tomatoes yesterday at the store and they didn't have much flavor. Oh for summer to get here.

Sending you both emails.

Ellie

o

Friday...yea! Welcome rideaurambler/ Sara to the swap. I sent an email. gr8heather..your email is blocked so I can't send you my address. Please unblock. Thanks!

Participants are:

strmywthr3/Barbie
Smitties50/Margo
Julia42/Julia
farmergirl2009/Ellie
highalttransplant/Bonnie
Chefconnie/Connie
Mchill320/Michelle
Shanta
Tracy77/Tracy
Spacetogrow
gr8heather
legallyheidi/Heidi
RideauRambler/Sara

Let me know if I have missed anyone. Received 2 more seed catalogs in the mail yesterday. Good reading material. Started to fill out an order from Vermont Seed.

Have a wonderfull weekend everyone!

Ellie

o

Hi ! I would like to be added to your list !!
Thanks !

o

may i please join?

o

Hi everyone on this cold day. It was 22 degrees out when I looked awhile ago. We have 2 more participates that would like to join in on the seed swap. GinaSki/Gina and Borage99. Thank you for joining...sending you emails.

Received another seed catalog today...wonder what the mailman thinks when he brings mail. Probably not a gardener either. I wanted to get out into the greenhouse and get set up to start winter sowing but its so cold outside I just couldn't do it. Maybe tomorrow.

Has anyone made their gardening lists of what they would like to plant this year? Whats your favorites? I know that I am going to plant more dry beans. One thing I am not going to plant and that is corn. Every year about the time the corn is almost ready the field mice move in and it doesn't take them long to devore it. If only they would leave when they are done eating the corn, but they seem to stick around. So now I have a pest guy come and believe me, it costs a lot more than the corn seed.

Ellie

o

Hi Ellie, I would love to join. Thank you for hosting.

o

Thank you for joining socalgardengal. Sent you an email.

So far we have the following signed up.

1. strmywthr3/Barbie
2. Smitties50/Margo
3. Julia42/Julia
4. farmergirl2009/Ellie
5. highalttransplant/Bonnie
6. Chefconnie/Connie
7. Mchill320/Michelle
8. Shanta
9. sassybutterfly_2008/Wendy
10. Tracy77/Tracy
11. Spacetogrow
12. legallyheidi/Heidi
13. RideauRambler/Sara
14. ginaSki/Gina
15. borge99/
16. socalgardengal/

Still have lots of time to sign up (January 27 last day) and to gather your seeds to send. The more the merrier. Still putting my seeds together.

Has anyone done any garden companion planting? I had checked out a book at the library awhile back on Great Garden Companions. I really enjoyed that book so ordered it through Barnes & nobles which I picked up today. I am thinking this year I will plant some flowers and vegetables together and see what happens. And since all my garden will be done in planter box's I should be able to do square foot gardening also and pack more in.

The dryer went off, so better get the clothes folded. Have a good evening.

Ellie

o

I have a book called tomatoes love carrots, I put flowers in my square foot garden for the color and to attract the pollinators.

o

Since I have never grown a square foot garden about how close together can you plant root vegie's? I am thinking that 6" or closer for carrots, onions, and the like or is that too close. Most of my garden box's are 4'x 8'. In the 'Great Garden Companions' book, flowers were also important for bug control plus attracting pollinators. Since both are part of my problem. No bees!

Now, what kind of flowers do you plant Connie? Annuals, perennials, short? And it is saying that crop rotation is a huge part of success. That will make for very good records of where a person planted each crop the year before. Looking for ideas anyone.

Ellie

o

Since it snowed last night, I have spent the day on the computer digging into more information on gardening box's. I have overhead sprinklers that were installed a couple of years ago. I am not sold on them, but the sprinkler guy said that was the only way to water such a large area. Should I have a different type of sprinkler put in each box or just use what I have? I think its a waste of water and since they are automatic, last summer I had to turn it off towards the end of the summer (too much water) and just turn on when needed.
I guess I am just asking for ideas in all these areas since it will be new way to garden for me from now on. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

Ellie

o

Ellie,
I follow the square foot idea, but I don't measure out by squares per se, I just have raised boxes and plant what I want. I actually planted my carrots when I pulled out my green beans. My fall carrots grew great! I planted marigolds, nostrum, I have basil I let flower (bees love this), I planted tobacco plants to try to keep the SVB away, it didn't help much.
I also have some annuals, bee balm, daisy's, and this fall I planted some allium bulbs at the end of one bed.
My husband is a plumber and he ran drip irrigation lines in all my boxes, then he buried the line underground. We have a meter from the city utilities for watering to not run up the sewer bill. I have it on a timer so I can run it in the morning and evening.
Hope this helps,
Connie

o

I'd like to join! I have several vegetables that I doubt I'll grow again, so it would be nice to swap them out and refresh the veggie box for the upcoming season.

Ellie, I tried companion planting this year. I didn't notice a huge difference. The tomatoes did send huge roots in the direction of the bush beans, and the radishes did draw away a lot of the pests. Radishes and peas were the first to get eaten by some sort of striped caterpillar that eventually went after the tomatoes. Now that I know that, radishes will be my trap plant. Bush beans seemed to benefit the eggplants (I've never grown eggplants that large in part sun before) but not the beets. Cucumbers didn't seem to benefit from the peas, but the peas didn't last long enough to see the cukes reach maturity. I think I'll plan a bit better this year and incorporate herbs and flowers.

o

Happy Monday,

Can't tell if it's raining or snowing this morning. The dogs came in wet anyway. Thank you for joining vajeff/Jeff.

I am excited about raised beds this year and I think my back will like it too. How to you water your beds Jeff? overhead or with drip lines? That is my main concern now. Watering overhead I think was what caused the cabbage to split and then eventually the slugs got in and they virtually rotten. What a mess that was to clean up and throw in the compost pile.

Everyone have a wonderful day in whatever you are going to do.

Ellie

o

My main raised bed is about 8' x 11' (I know, too big! I might cut it in half this year) and has a hoop house over it - mainly to keep animals out. The hoop house came with overhead sprinklers, but I decided to bury them in the ground in fear that wet leaves would promote disease. It worked fine, but once the plants grew larger (particularly tomatoes) they blocked certain spots from being watered. Also, the sprinkler heads weren't the most efficient - they sort of made a ring of water spraying out as opposed to an overall sprinkle. Anyway, I think I'll reattach them and water from overhead this year, or I might try drip irrigation but that's completely new to me.

If I do go the overhead route this year, I might try a fertilizer injector to turn the occasional watering into a foliar spray. I wonder if organic pesticides can be incorporated in a similar fashion... I think I might be on to something that could save me a ton of time...

Jeff

o

Hello I would like to join. Thank you skyblue52

o

Welcome to the swap skyblue52. I will email you with my address.

Jeff, what is your hoop house made of to go over the bed. I have been thinking about something like that over one of the beds...mainly the cabbage type plants because of the aphids that seem to like those type of plants.

After the snow this morning, the wind came and it warmed up now there is water everywhere and deep. Hopefully tonight the water will go away. Have a good evening everyone.

Ellie

o

I'd like to join this swap. Please sign me up. Thanks for hosting.

o

I'd like to join this swap. Please sign me up. Thanks for hosting.

o

Welcome to the swap crystalline_ca. Will be sending you an email with my address.

players so far are:
1. strmywthr3/Barbie
2. Smitties50/Margo - Received
3. Julia42/Julia
4. farmergirl2009/Ellie
6. Chefconnie/Connie
7. Mchill320/Michelle
8. Shanta
10. Tracy77/Tracy
11. Spacetogrow
12. legallyheidi/Heidi
13. RideauRambler/Sara
14. ginaSki/Gina
15. borge99/
16. socalgardengal/
17. vajeff/Jeff
18. skyblue52/
19. crystalline_ca/

You have plenty of time to go through your seeds to decide if it will be planted or traded in for something new. There are several things I have planted before but we do not have a long enough or warm enough season for some crops. Uually May 15th is the last frost but still stays too cold to be planting out but then the first week in September is the first hard freeze and then it will turn nice again. So if I don't get things covered right away, the garden is gone. And just how do you cover pole beans, etc. with sheets I had installed several sections of cattle fencing to use for beans and cucumbers. Although this year I might try to get Minnesota Midget cantaloupe to climb it.

Have a great day!

Ellie

o

I would love to join! Count me in!

PinkIris

o

Welcome to the swap Pinkiris. I sent you an email with my addy.

Snowing here tonight. Roads were real icy so I got off the freeway and took some minor roads home. Glad to be home too. Love the snow if it would just stay off the roads.

There is still plenty of time to join this swap...about two weeks yet if you are still thinking about it.

Ellie

o

Would love to join!

o

Ellie, my hoop house is made out of pvc, metal pipes to secure the pvc to the ground, chicken wire (the plastic coated kind with square holes), 1"x2"s, several screws and zip ties, a wooden frame on the front (with door), and plastic covering (during the winter). It was great for overwintering certain plants, but I didn't include ventilation, and due to the warmth and moisture the slugs went crazy for the brassicas.

Jeff

o

Thank you for joining amiahjordan0. I sent you an email with my addy.

Jeff, can you stand up in your hoop house or is it a lot shorter? Since you are in Zone 7B, it probably doesn't freeze like it does here. I guess I can't imagine what it would be like to not have a winter that it doesn't freeze. Do you use the hoop house all winter until it warms up in the spring and then remove it and use the following year. Sounds like this is something that I could make or have my boys make for me. Though I am wondering if a hoop house would be effective here and hold up under the weight of the snow. So far this winter it is looking pretty mild but its only January.

Thanks for the info Jeff.

Ellie

o

I'd like to join, let me know where to send seeds, still have plenty left to share.

o

Hi everyone. I'd like to join too. I only have 8 packs of commercial seeds. I also have a few packs of "home grown" chile seeds sent by other GW members last year that I didn't really want. Is it OK to include those?
Robin

o

I would love to join in the swap. clay_lady

o

Welcome to the swap clay_lady2000, grdngramma and ohiofem. Shall be sending each an email shortly.

Its been crazy around here. Friday night my grandson got in from his deployment. He has been stationed over in Afghanistan for the past year. So glad he is on American soil again. Yesterday my daughter was in a terrible snowmobile accident and will be in the hospital a couple more days. Surgery went well last night. Two snowmobiles hit head-on. Then today is our last Christmas get-together. There will be about 18 people here so stayed up last night and baked pies after I got home from the hospital.

Since packages are starting to be mailed, will be sending an email out an a reminder of what to included when sending. Any amount of seed is great...you don't have to have lots in order to join. Thanks everyone!

Ellie

o

Since packages will start coming shortly, I will list a few of the details briefly.

1. Last day to sign up is January 27th

2. Edibles only, veggie's, berries & herbs

3. Send in bubble envi, with a return label, and enough postage for the return trip plus 1 extra stamp for the extra seeds sent to you.

4. Enclose a list of the seeds you are sending, and also a
wish list of seeds you would like in return.

5. Seeds no older than 2011-2012 and they must be viable. Seeds that are 2010 and older will be put in the donation pile.

6. Seeds need to reach me no later than February 10th

Any questions, please ask. Thanks!

Happy Monday to all!

Ellie

o

Hi everyone,
Seeds are starting to come in so shall post as I receive. Players so far are:

1. strmywthr3/Barbie
3. Julia42/Julia
4. farmergirl2009/Ellie
6. Chefconnie/Connie - Received
7. Mchill320/Michelle
8. Shanta
10. Tracy77/Tracy
11. Spacetogrow
12. legallyheidi/Heidi
13. RideauRambler/Sara
14. ginaSki/Gina
15. borge99/
16. socalgardengal/ - Received
17. vajeff/Jeff
18. skyblue52/ - Received
19. crystalline_ca/
20. pinkiris / Jayeanne
21. amiahjordano
22. clay_lady2000
23. grdngramma
24. ohiofem / robin

When mailing your seeds, please be sure to put your gardenweb name on the list. Makes it easier for me.

My daughter got out of the hospital after her accident so tomorrow I am the caregiver for her until Ashley, her daughter, gets off work. She will have to stay in town at her daughters house for the next 2-3 weeks at least. I have her 2 dogs at my house with my 3...so sometimes it really gets hairy.

Have a good evening.

Ellie

o

Welcome to the swap Green_go / Gala. Sending you an email with my address.

I have been meaning to ask any of you, if you know of a smaller watermelon that is not a hybrid besides sugar baby. I would love to plant something smaller is size. Most are just too big for one person unless you eat it for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks.

Ellie

o

Ellie, I can stand up in the center of it. The sides are a bit shorter, but plenty of room to reach the back. I used it last winter, but I'm not going to use it this year since the raised bed is acting as a temporary bed for plants that didn't make it to their final spot. I don't know how well it would handle snow. The pvc is fairly sturdy, and you can make the frame narrow and tall or wide and low when it's built. Ours hasn't seen any snow, but it did survive hurricane-like winds.

It has been a mild winter, hasn't it. We finally had a hard frost that took out the angel trumpets, lantana, and an odd pepper labeled as "Domini" that survived light frosts while all the others died months ago. It's been a few years since the last hard freeze. I blame it on global warming.

I'm glad to hear that your daughter made it through alright!

After browsing the catalogs, here is a list of small watermelons that you may be interested in:
Seed Savers Exhange - Golden Midget (3lb)
Southern Exposure Seed Exchange - Early Moonbeam (5-8lb), Golden Midget, White Wonder (3-10lb),
Pinetree - Malali (10lb), Yellow Petite (5-7lb)
Baker Creek - Blacktail Mountain (8-12lb), Red Seeded Citron (10lb), Cream of Saskatchewan (8-10lb), Golden Honey (10-20lb), Golden Russian (3-12lb), Japanese Cream Fleshed Suika (6-12lb), Jubilee Bush (10-13lb), Takii Gem, White Sugar Lump (5-10lb), White Wonder (3-8lb)

Jeff

o

I would like to join the swap. I will have blacktail mountain watermelon seeds to add to the swap. They were perfect size for me.

Photobucket

Don

o

Welcome dem_pa / Don to the swap. Nice watermelons. Won't be long and we can actually think about planting (well give or take a few months).

Thanks Jeff for the list of small watermelons. I will start looking at those sites. Regarding the hoop house, it looks like it can be any height so I need to make a decision on that plus how I am going to water the box's. I don't think the overhead sprinkler is going to do it because when I just used flat ground before the box's were built, there were areas that never got water so not much grew.

Participation is as follows:
1. strmywthr3/Barbie
3. Julia42/Julia
4. farmergirl2009/Ellie
7. Mchill320/Michelle
8. Shanta
10. Tracy77/Tracy
11. Spacetogrow
12. legallyheidi/Heidi
13. RideauRambler/Sara
14. ginaSki/Gina
15. borge99/
17. vajeff/Jeff
19. crystalline_ca/
20. pinkiris / Jayeanne
21. amiahjordano
22. clay_lady2000
23. grdngramma
24. ohiofem / robin
25. green_go / Gala
26. Dem_pa / Don

Should be a good group with lots of seeds being sent. There shouldn't be a problem with anyone not receiving some of their wants.

My daughter is waking up so shall get this finished and get her meds ready. Have a great day!

Ellie

o

Hi Ellie! My seeds are on their way to you - I mailed them this morning.

-Julia

o

We are on our last few days of signing up for the swap. If you are still thinking about it, let me know. Looks like we will have quite a selection. Remember....NO flowers.

Again those that have joined are as follows:
1. strmywthr3/Barbie
3. Julia42/Julia
4. farmergirl2009/Ellie
7. Mchill320/Michelle
8. Shanta
10. Tracy77/Tracy
11. Spacetogrow
12. legallyheidi/Heidi
13. RideauRambler/Sara
14. ginaSki/Gina
15. borge99/
17. vajeff/Jeff
19. crystalline_ca/
20. pinkiris / Jayeanne
21. amiahjordano
22. clay_lady2000
23. grdngramma
24. ohiofem / robin
25. green_go / Gala
26. Dem_pa / Don

If I have forgotten anyone, please let me know. I have already received some packages...if you didn't receive my address let me know that also. Thanks an have a wonderful day.

Ellie

o

I mailed my seeds and the other item I told you about.

Don

o

I mailed my seeds and the other item I told you about.

Don

o

You still have 7 days to sign up for this swap if you are still thinking whether to or not.

Yesterday I received seeds from crystalline_ca and Vanessa.
Vanessa can you email me with your gardenweb name so that I can put 'received' please. When sending seeds please send me your gardenweb name and first and last name so that it is easier to match up.

1. strmywthr3/Barbie
3. Julia42/Julia
4. farmergirl2009/Ellie
7. Mchill320/Michelle
8. Shanta
10. Tracy77/Tracy
11. Spacetogrow
12. legallyheidi/Heidi
13. RideauRambler/Sara
14. ginaSki/Gina
15. borge99/
17. vajeff/Jeff
19. crystalline_ca/ Received
20. pinkiris / Jayeanne
21. amiahjordano
22. clay_lady2000
23. grdngramma
24. ohiofem / robin
25. green_go / Gala
26. Dem_pa / Don

Has anyone ordered from Azure Dandilion seeds before? I am thinking about it but want to know if anyone has had any comments on this site? It's a beautiful day here but very cold.

Ellie

o

farmergirl2009 my screen name is amiahjordan0, sorry I thought for sure I put my BW name on there. Glad you received them!
Thanks Vanessa

o

I am interested in joining.

o

Thank you Vanessa...this makes it so much easier for me.
Received Julia's yesterday. Packages are starting to make a pile now.

Hoping to have most of my Christmas decorations and trees down today. Today I will have my daughter here to take care of her so hopefully I can get a few things done.

1. strmywthr3/Barbie
3. Julia42/Julia - Received
4. farmergirl2009/Ellie
7. Mchill320/Michelle
8. Shanta
10. Tracy77/Tracy
11. Spacetogrow
12. legallyheidi/Heidi
13. RideauRambler/Sara
14. ginaSki/Gina
15. borge99/
17. vajeff/Jeff
20. pinkiris / Jayeanne
21. amiahjordano / Vanessa - Received
22. clay_lady2000
23. grdngramma
24. ohiofem / robin
25. green_go / Gala
26. Dem_pa / Don

Ellie

o

Nightowls you most certainly can join. I will send you an email with my mailing address. Be sure to send a wish list with your seeds and I will try to fill some of your wishes.

If there is anyone else that would like to join please do so. Closing date for joining is January 27th. This is a good way to clean out your seed box of unwanted veggies, herbs and berries that you won't use or don't like.

Can't believe that the weekend is over!

Ellie

o

Well gardeners we are on the last week to sign up for this swap. If you are like other gardeners, you may have veggie seeds that you have bought but found out you or your family doesn't like them. Heres a way to "trade them in" and get something that you do like whether you have 10 pkts or 50 pkts. Swap closes this coming Sunday. Seeds need to reach me no later than February 10th.

If you have any questions, please send me a email. Have a great day!

Ellie

o

Shanta's Package came today. We still have a few days if anyone would like to join this swap.

1. strmywthr3/Barbie
4. farmergirl2009/Ellie
7. Mchill320/Michelle
8. Shanta - Received
10. Tracy77/Tracy
11. Spacetogrow
12. legallyheidi/Heidi
13. RideauRambler/Sara
14. ginaSki/Gina
15. borge99/
17. vajeff/Jeff
20. pinkiris / Jayeanne
22. clay_lady2000
23. grdngramma
24. ohiofem / robin
25. green_go / Gala
26. Dem_pa / Don

In a couple of days I will send out reminders.

Send in bubble envelope, with a return label, and enough postage for the return trip plus 1 extra stamp for the extra seeds sent to you.

Enclose a list of the seeds you are sending, and also a
wish list of seeds you would like in return.

Seeds no older than 2011-2012 and they must be viable.

Seeds that are 2010 and older will be put in the donation pile.
Seeds need to reach me no later than February 10th

The weather finally warmed up some so its snowing out tonight. Have a great evening.

Ellie

o

TOMORROW (JAN 27TH) IS THE LAST SIGN UP DATE FOR THIS SWAP. If anyone still wishes to join this swap, please do so.

I have not had internet service for the past 2 days. It is starting to happen lots so am thinking I may be looking for another interset service. Dem_pa's and Spacetogrow's seed packets came in yesterday.

Speaking of Don's, I think his was at the post office a few hours to long. Not only was it really taped up (very unusual for him) but when I opened several of the seed packages had been chewed plus some seed like a mouse had gotten in. (Don't worry Don, You will still be getting the same amount.) After the initial surprise was over, I started to laugh.

1. strmywthr3/Barbie
4. farmergirl2009/Ellie / Received
7. Mchill320/Michelle
8. Shanta - Received
10. Tracy77/Tracy
11. Spacetogrow / Received
12. legallyheidi/Heidi
13. RideauRambler/Sara
14. ginaSki/Gina
15. borge99/
17. vajeff/Jeff
20. pinkiris / Jayeanne
22. clay_lady2000
23. grdngramma
24. ohiofem / robin
25. green_go / Gala
26. Dem_pa / Don / Received

I saw on one of the other swaps that the hostess was counting all the seed packets coming in so thought this would be fun. So far there has been 980 seed packets sent. We still have 15 participants to receive yet. I think that is pretty good for this swap. Hey for everyone!

Have a great day!

Ellie

o

I would like to join in. Please let me know where to send my seeds.

o

I forgot to add to the list Nightowls. HelenB1949 joined this morning. Sent you an email. Let me know if you didn't get it. Did I forget to add anyone else?

Tomorrow is the last day folks to sign up!

Ellie

o

TODAY is the LAST day to sign up for this swap.

If you are looking to try new varieties of garden produce and clean out all the packages you don't like and are not going to use, now is the time to trade them in.

Thank you for all those that have already signed up.

Ellie

o

Ellie,

would love to join in on your swap. have lots of tomato seeds i could put in the kitty, got green lentils and field peas to. i will ship them out on the 1st how do ya want them packed. got a pound of peas and lentils, few hundred rutgers, beefsteak, roma tomatoes. my email aplace2fledge@yahoo.com.
my name is randy and i live in ne montana.
my gardenweb user name is randysbirds
interested in any type of veggie seeds.
thanx
randy

o

Thank you for joining in the swap. I will be sending you an email.

REMEMBER....todays the last day to sign up!

Ellie

o

This swap is now closed for new sign-ups.

Have a great evening everyone.

Ellie

o

Ellie ~ I am still working on my package and it will be going out in the mail to ya no later than Thursday! So excited! :)

o

Received Nightowls / Sara & Ohiofem / Robin's package today.

1. strmywthr3/Barbie
7. Mchill320/Michelle
8. Shanta - Received
10. Tracy77/Tracy
12. legallyheidi/Heidi
13. RideauRambler/Sara
14. ginaSki/Gina
15. borge99/
17. vajeff/Jeff
20. pinkiris / Jayeanne
22. clay_lady2000
23. grdngramma
24. ohiofem / robin - Received
25. green_go / Gala
27. Nightowls / Sara - Received
28. HelenB1949
29. Gary
30. Randysbirds / Randy

There is still plenty of time to go through your seeds since we still have ten days for the seeds to get to me. Have a wonderful evening.

Ellie

o

My package was mailed Tuesday.

o

Today looks like its going to be another spring day...was 46* yesterday. Oh I know, its only the 1st of February and still winter. But I can dream can' I!

Received Gary's and Jeff's seeds yesterday so we are getting on the home stretch.

Ellie

o

Received grdngramma / Pams package today.

Those that have sent in their seeds are:
1. strmywthr3/Barbie
7. Mchill320/Michelle
8. Shanta - Received
10. Tracy77/Tracy
12. legallyheidi/Heidi
13. RideauRambler/Sara
14. ginaSki/Gina
15. borge99/
17. vajeff/Jeff - Received
20. pinkiris / Jayeanne
22. clay_lady2000
23. grdngramma / Pam - Received
24. ohiofem / robin - Received
25. green_go / Gala
27. Nightowls / Sara - Received
28. HelenB1949
29. Gary / Received
30. Randysbirds / Randy

Still have another week to get your seeds in so no worries.
Have a great weekend....Superbowl.

Ellie

o

Ellie, did you get my email?

o

Bonnie, I did not receive your email. Can you send again.

Thanks!

Ellie

o

My pkg went out Saturday. 56 packets!

I'm emailing you wish/sent lists if that's ok?

Thanks!
Wendy

o

forgot to post that I mailed mine out on saturday

o

Received 3 packages of seeds today so getting closer to being able to start sorting. Received: randybirds, mchill320 and rideaurambler's.

The following participants that we are waiting for are:

strmywthr3/Barbie
highalttransplant/Bonnie
Tracy77/Tracy
ginaSki/Gina
borge99/
pinkiris / Jayeanne
clay_lady2000
green_go / Gala
HelenB1949
Lysa39

By February 13th or 14th I should be able to start the 'Going once...Going twice. Then all the envies will be mailed out to everyone.

It's been spring-like weather here for the past week but snow is coming by Wednesday again. Have a fantastic day!

Ellie

o

mine went in the mail monday.

Barbi

o

Received 3 more packages today....

Waiting for the following packages to arrive so I can tart to sort seeds:
highalttransplant/Bonnie
Tracy77/Tracy
ginaSki/Gina
borge99/
pinkiris / Jayeanne
clay_lady2000
HelenB1949
Lysa39

So far 1,410 packets of seed have come in and still awaiting 8 more participants to arrive. Thats a lot of seed to go through.

Well no snow yet but looks pretty dark to the West. I took a walk around the yard and I see leaf buds starting to form. A little early for around here just hope the buds don't freeze.

Have a wonderful day!

Ellie

o

I sent my seeds out late Jan. You should have them by now.

o

Helen I went downstairs this morning and sure enough it was there. Also rceived yesterday Borge99's package of seeds.

Still waiting for these:
highalttransplant/Bonnie
Tracy77/Tracy
ginaSki/Gina
pinkiris / Jayeanne
clay_lady2000
Lysa39

And don't forget once the seeds are sorted we start the 'Going once...Going twice" for 3 days which is always fun.

Today I am going to finished up putting the seeds on a spread sheet so it will be easier to sort...all 1,470 of the packets that have come in.

Happy Friday to all!

Ellie

o

Good luck, Ellie!!! My swap has half as many packets sent in, since it's limited to one type of vegetable, but 750 packets is still nothing to sneeze at, LOL. It is a bit of work to get the spreadsheet set up, but once it's done, you can reuse the format year after year.

Hopefully my package will arrive by tomorrow.

Bonnie

o

Happy monday morning!

It's hard to believe that it is Monday already..don't know where the weekend went.
Still waiting on 4 the following packets to come:

Tracy77
GinaSki-gina
Pinkiris/Jayeanne
Clay_lady

Yours should come today Lisa and I will post when it does.
I finished the spreadsheet the other day so I may get started in sorting because its going to take awhile.

o

Lynn / Clay_lady I received yours today.

Still waiting of the following:
Tracy77
ginaSki / Gina
pinkiris / Jayeanne - mailing
Lysa39 - seeds on the way

Today I sorted all the seeds into separate baskets so when I am lookiing at your wish list I just need to check the spreadsheet to see if I have it and then get it out of the tomato box or squash box. etc. and put in your pile.

Tomorrow I will actually start the sorting.

Ellie

o

Received Lisa's packet yesterday. Today I am starting to sort since I know some of you are already or are thinking about starting to plant your gardens. Hopefully by putting in a couple of long days by this weekend I can start the "Going once...Going Twice". Then first of the week the packages will be mailed out.

It has been spring-like the past few days. Even though it freezes at night gets nice during the day. Yesterday I removed some of the pine needles on a few shrubs and spotted a few slugs. Ugh! already. Hoping it rains today so I won't be tempted to go outside for a little sun.

Ellie

o

I received my seeds today. Thanks to all who shared their seeds with me. Thanks to a great hostess.

Don

o

Rec'd my seeds today, Great swap great hostess thank you everyone that shared seeds!

o

Thank you Ellie and everyone for sharing your seeds! I received my package today! What a wonderful assortment :) Happy gardening to you all ~ Christine

o

I received my seeds today -- many more than I contributed. Ellie even apologized for not getting some of my exotic requests! And they came by first class mail from the West Coast to Ohio in two days time. I really didn't expect to get so many great seeds. I am very grateful to Ellie, all the seed donors and the Post Office for giving me a great gift. Hope you all have a wonderful gardening season.

o

Hi Ellie! I received my seeds today too! What a great selection - some from my wish list and some that sounded similar and intriguing and also many many surprises! I wasn't expecting nearly so many seeds back - thank you so much! I'm excited to try out all the new veggies.

Have a bountiful gardening year!

Thanks!
Julia

o

Got all my GREAT assortment of seeds today! SOOO excited! Thanks for all the hard work :)

o

Got mine today, you ROCK Ellie!! Thanks ever so much! <3

o

Hi Ellie,
I received my package of seeds today too! Thanks a lot for taking much effort to select the seeds for me. I like every type of seeds you sent. Can't wait to try them all.
Thanks again!

o

I received my package. Thank you for the great assortment! I'm definitely looking forward to these. I haven't tried ground cherries and orach before, but now I will!

o

Vajeff - ground cherries are so delicious, easy, and rewarding! You'll love them!

o

Thank you Ellie and everyone! I received my package today! What a wonderful assortment :) Jayeanne

o

Hi Ellie! Received my envelope today. Thank you for all of your hard work on this swap! You've done a great job!

Now if I could just wrap up the pepper swap, I could start trying to decide which seeds to plant from this swap! I'm afraid I've still got a long way to go ...

o

I received mine as well. Twice as many packets as I sent in for the swap!

Ellie, I hope you got some great stuff for yourself, and now get a well deserved rest.

o

I received my seeds today! Thanks so much.

o

Wow, this is great!!!! Got my seeds too!!!! Wonderful, thanks so much!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here