Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
veeja11

new: obf's we need volunteers to host swaps

veeja11
16 years ago

We need a hostess for every month of the next year, no hostess gifts this year just the fun of doing the swap, and gratitude from all of us anyone not having done one before will get first chance. January might be good for a white elephant as we all get items we can't use. If I can't get a volunteer I can do it, means we still need Feb, March, April, May, June, July, Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov and December. volunteers please. hugs carol

Comments (36)

• kelboindy
    16 years ago

Carol, I can do one, But I would rather wait till around March or april. Kelly

• brittneysgran
    16 years ago

Amybabyboy
    Beth_b_Kodiak
    Brittneysgran
    Cedarnest
    Debbya
    Dirtundermynails
    Earthly Delight
    Hazelnutbunny
    Ilovefarac
    lil green thumb
    LLbean
    Lunamoon
    Mellen
    Missg
    Nyvoices99
    Raggedyann
    Remy
    Sandlapper Rose
    Sassyd
    Squanzon
    Skohler
    Theresa24
    Veeja11
    Wynative

This list is all the current members we have. If anyone wants to join our group you must let Carol or myself know. I am filling in for Susie until she is ready to take back over. Maryanne has also helped in the past with new members and etc. I'm looking forward to a new year with the group.

Carol-Thanks for starting the thread and getting the ball rolling.

Night all

Shirley

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    16 years ago

I could do June

Theresa

• veeja11
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Kelly please e-mail myself or shirley if you would like to join our happy group, we are about to start our second year. I will just assume that the rest of you are still members, but if you don't wish to be please let us know. Shirley did you volunteer to assign months ? hugs carol

• meimei007
    16 years ago

I am new to this group. I did participate in an Autumn swap, and got the most amazing seeds. I would love to volunteer to host a swap. I could even do January.

• thelwig55
    16 years ago

I am new to the GW, have done trading of plants and I have had excellent feed back, If you would have me I love to join the group. I do not fully understand the Round Robin, but willing to learn and I can host if I have instructions. I do not work so I have time. Good hosting months for me would be January though April and then November and December.
    Thank you for consideration,
    Tammy

• brittneysgran
    16 years ago

Hi Kelly, meimei007 and Tammy please e-mail Carol or myself about joining the group and we can get started on assigning months for the group at a later date. We are always interested in new members because sometimes old members drop out for some reason or another. Things happen in our lives that we have no control over and they can't participate so they join back in when they can.

Debby-Happy Birthday tomorrow, I don't want to forget so I will post it now. I'm planning our office party tomorrow so it will be a hectic day I'm sure. We always play a fun game swapping a wrapped gift that the next person can take from us.

It's freezing here today, a big 32 degrees....Whew not used to this.

Shirley

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Carol, I will host one. I am happy with any month, just let me know. January is fine with me, if nobody else has signed up for that yet. Otherwise, just throw one my way! :O)

Melissa

• beth_b_kodiak
    16 years ago

OK, I'll take Feb. I need to be in MD to take care of some business AND it will still be too cold for plants.
    "No Plants" will be an essential for me for the next couple years. I lost almost all of my many beautiful outdoor plants this past summer to the drought so I won't have any to trade. Also, figured this was a good time to do my " See the USA In your Chevrolet" dream.
    Anyone else old enough to remember that? HA HA HA
    My Granddaughter is baby sitting the house plants but I'll postpone starting on new outdoor gardens until I settle in again.
    Anyway, February works for me. Hope that is OK with everyone.

• brittneysgran
    16 years ago

Carol-I will take June I really like the trading plants months so that one will be good for me.

Shirley

• sandlapper_rose
    16 years ago

If you want, you can put me down as a "tentative" for October. That is so far away that I can't commit 100% at this point, but I think that will work out. In October, it is a good time of the year for planting here in the South and for those where it is too late for planting, there is Halloween for fun!

Jeanne

• nyvoices99
    16 years ago

Hi Carol,
    I would love either May or July. Ditto Shirley love the plant months.
    When will you be doing Jan? I have no clue what the "White Elephant" is?
    Back to wrapping, :)Anita

• veeja11
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ok I will do the list, or Maryanne come outta the woods please.
    list so far
    Jan---Bunny
    Feb---Beth
    Mar----_______, April---_______,May---Theresa June---shirley,July-----Anita, Aug---_____, Sept---____, Oct---sandlapper, Nov---____ Dec---____. Shirley and Theresa both signed up for june so I hope May is ok theresa or you two could trade, please let me know what your swap themes are. thankyou. hugs

• nyvoices99
    16 years ago

Can I do Christmas in July? 1 wrapped gift & anything goes for plants? :)Anita

• skohler
    16 years ago

I can do april :))
    & Would Like to Say that KELBOINDY Will Be A Great Added
    Player For our Group SO I hope You Will Put Her on Our
    Elite Lineup :) .
    Maybe Even let her Be Our March Hostess She was in with my seeds swap also I know her from Another Gardening Group
    & I will Be her Big Sister In the Group .

Well I must get my day going here have a great day &
    Happy Holidays

susie

• brittneysgran
    16 years ago

JANUARY-MELISSA(Hazelnutbunny)
    FEBRUARY-BETH (Beth_b_Kodiak)
    MARCH-
    APRIL-SUSIE (Skohler)
    MAY-THERESA (Theresa24)
    JUNE-SHIRLEY (Brittneysgran)
    JULY-ANITA (Nyvoices99)
    AUGUST-
    SEPTEMBER-
    OCTOBER- (Jeanne)
    NOVEMBER-
    DECEMBER-

These ladies are left who have not taken a month yet.

AMYBABYBOY- (Amy)
    CEDARNEST- (Nancy)
    DEBBYA- (Deb)
    DIRTUNDERMYNAILS- (April)
    EARTHLY DELIGHT- (Maryanne)
    ILOVEFARAC- (Melinda)
    LIL GREEN THUMB- (Kimberly)
    LLBEAN- (Laura)
    LUNAMOON- (Jenell)
    MELLEN- (Mary Ellen)
    MISSG- (Gale)
    RAGGEDYANN- (Annie)
    REMY- (Remy)
    SASSYD- (Sassy)
    SQUANZON- (Sue)
    VEEJA11- (Carol)
    WYNATIVE- (Marie)

Theresa if May doesn't work for you I will give you June as you had it picked first, just let me know.

Carol- I will help you on this I just don't want you to think I am taking over. I will do whatever I can just let me know.

Shirley

• wynative
    16 years ago

I will take August but I have to warn everyone that I have only hosted once before and it wasn't pretty! LOL

Marie

• nyvoices99
    16 years ago

Shirley,
    Just wanted to let you know, I very much appreciate you have GW & True name posted, It gets very confusing trying to remember everyone from the groups I am in, may I make a suggestion we keep that as part of each new thread?
    Have a great day all:)Anita

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

OK I'll take September. I've never hosted before so..... ALL prayers will be welcomed.LOL!
    I'm finished with all gift shopping.YAY!!!Now time to get house back in shape.Have in-laws coming to stay
    Dec 28-Jan 4.Includes Granny,Bro in law & his new girlfriend.(I'm best friends with his ex-wife.Can we say uncomfortable? I know ....keep open mind but...how hard is it going to be on the kiddos(and me) to not see Aunt Kelly with him?)Can I come stay with one of you?? Please!!!!I know I'm a coward!!
    Ok back to the chores...
    Later...April/dirt_under_my_nails

• skohler
    16 years ago

AWWW APRIL I Have you beat as far as Being with X"s & all
    Sat is our year Xmas party for our family at my sisters place where 2 of her x's will be there along with her husband & her 3 daughters with their Kids & their x' husbands will be there also for their kids , oh & yes they bring their new wifes or girlfriends ,
    Hey believe me it all is a riot there is no problems
    we just have to try to remeber who is married to who :))
    you can bet on all are friends so that realy is the best
    part.

as for April THEME I will Post it later after I have time to think about it :))

Good Night all
    susie

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    16 years ago

Well, May is not really good for me as school is ending and wrapping things up is really hectic. That's why I signed up for June when things have settled down and I can get down to what I enjoy. LMK if it's a problem.
    -T

• mellen
    16 years ago

Hello ladies, Carol, I would be willing to take next November unless someone else wants it. I have no idea what the theme will be. Can I tell you later? Like months later/after Christmas/New Year???

Mary Ellen

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Hi Everyone!

Since I'll be hosting the January swap, I'll have it posted the day after Christmas. The Dec. swap is wrapping up nicely...I think everyone had a wonderful time.

Let me know if the timing will be OK.

Melissa

• brittneysgran
    16 years ago

JANUARY-MELISSA(hazelnutbunny)
    FEBRUARY-BETH (beth_b_Kodiak)
    MARCH-
    APRIL-SUSIE (skohler)
    MAY-SHIRLEY (brittneysgran)
    JUNE-THERESA (theresa24)
    JULY-ANITA (nyvoices99)
    AUGUST-MARIE (wynative)
    SEPTEMBER-APRIL (dirt_under_my_nails)
    OCTOBER-JEANNE (sandlapper_rose)
    NOVEMBER-MARY ELLEN (mellen)
    DECEMBER-

These ladies are left who have not taken a month yet.

AMYBABYBOY- (Amy)
    CEDARNEST- (Nancy)
    DEBBYA- (Deb)
    EARTHLY DELIGHT- (Maryanne)
    ILOVEFARAC- (Melinda)
    LIL GREEN THUMB- (Kimberly)
    LLBEAN- (Laura)
    LUNAMOON- (Jenell)
    MISSG- (Gale)
    RAGGEDYANN- (Annie)
    REMY- (Remy)
    SASSYD- (Sassy)
    SQUANZON- (Sue)
    VEEJA11- (Carol)

We have March and December left, everyone can decide on the theme and we will list those later.

Anita-I thought it would be easier for us to list both names. My memory is not what it used to be.

Shirley

• kelboindy
    16 years ago

brittneysgran, I sent you an email, did you recieve it? If not I will try again, or you can email me. Thanks, Kelly

• veeja11
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I will be happy to take March, go for it Shirley, your help is greatly appreciated and you are doing a fine job, I will introduce you all to a white elephant in march, it is a real fun swap. Thankyou all you ladies who are signing up

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Ladies I'll take December if thats ok.

Sassy

• brittneysgran
    16 years ago

JANUARY-MELISSA(hazelnutbunny)
    FEBRUARY-BETH (beth_b_Kodiak)
    MARCH-CAROL (veeja11)
    APRIL-SUSIE (skohler)
    MAY-SHIRLEY (brittneysgran)
    JUNE-THERESA (theresa24)
    JULY-ANITA (nyvoices99)
    AUGUST-MARIE (wynative)
    SEPTEMBER-APRIL (dirt_under_my_nails)
    OCTOBER-JEANNE (sandlapper_rose)
    NOVEMBER-MARY ELLEN (mellen)
    DECEMBER-SASSY (sassyd)

Wow those filled up fast....

Miss Kelly-I didn't get your e-mail but it doesn't surprise me. I don't receive e-mails through GW as alot of others don't either.

Carol, Susie, Maryanne-We have three ladies who want to join the group so do we just add them to the group or do they have to have traded with someone prior? 3 newbies sounds wonderful to me.

Shirley

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Shirley & Carol, if you have girls that want Dec. I won't be upset, just wanted to fill in if need be.

Ok, wanted to brag alittle....he he

Have a good night,
    Sassy

• beth_b_kodiak
    16 years ago

Oh My Gosh!!! I just looked at Melissa's post for the new swap and realised,,,,,,, I volunteered to hostess and.......
    I don't have a clue on how to put in the logo with the ladies.
    Somebody HELP please
    BB

• wynative
    16 years ago

Sassy - she is BEAUTIFUL!

My sister needs just about everything for her house and as we were looking at beds and such I spied this:

{{gwi:1319611}}

Yes, I am the new owner of this wonderful old 1880's dresser type peice of furniture - I plan to use it for my kitchen linens. I need to go back when I have more time and see what other treasures there is :)

Then I saw this and couldn't resist taking his picture :)

{{gwi:1319612}}

Santa comes in all shapes and sizes!
    Merry Christmas to all,
    Marie

• veeja11
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Shirley the newbies should have been a member of gw for 3 mo and have traded with at least one of us. we are trying to keep our traders safe, please ask the newbies if they meet these requirments. then I leave it to your discrection, whoops can't spell. then ask someone to send them a copy of our rules to agree to and a copy of our questionaire. Earthly has been doing this. or if you send me the names and e-mails of those needing them I can send them out. we ask for a volunteer big sis and they are one of us. those have been the rules if people want them changed just let us know. hugs carol

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Marie....congrat's on the chest/dresser! Thats awesome, I love old pieces also. I have to tell ya, I love the squirrel!!!

Back to wrapping gifts...
    Sassy

• veeja11
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Beth no worry when it is time, any one of us will be happy to help you, so far away if we teach you now you might forget it. I am awaiting my visit in your travels. maybe you could pick me up and take me on to visit the next person on your visit list. who will care for your new gardens? hugs carol

• brittneysgran
    16 years ago

Rules for joining Our Bloomin Friends:
    You must have been a GW member for at least 3 months
    You should have traded with at least one member of the group.

These ladies are wanting to join the group
    meimei007's (sent you an e-mail through GW, couldn't find your e-mail address)
    kelboindy (sent you an e-mail)
    thelwig55 (sent you an e-mail)
    wilmoth (sent you an e-mail)

Momcat is our newest member and Mary Ellen has volunteered to be her Big Sister.

Shirley

• brittneysgran
    16 years ago

Its rained here all day and supposed to get cold and snowy in the next couple of days. I am battling a cold right now and fill crappy.

Hope everyone has a Happy New Year in 2008

Shirley