Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dan_the_mailman

Cards Regarding Paula

dan_the_mailman
15 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to take a moment and thank you all for the beautiful cards you've sent, offering your love, caring, hugs, and friendship. It's good to know I've got so many people who care about me and Bump, especially when we find ourselves still looking and listening for Paula, the one who turned this house into a home. The things you've all said has made it obvious that I wasn't the only one who cared for Paula, and for that, I thank you. The outpouring of your love these past two weeks has been a great comfort to me. I don't know what I'd do without all you guys.

I have a request to make, though I'm not sure how exactly to say it. Can you imagine it? Me? Now knowing what to say? Anyway, let me just come out and say it, and please remember that I'm saying it with the best of intentions. I'm probably say this the wrong way, but then, I don't know if there's a right way. Bear with me, okay? ***deep breath*** Though I've enjoyed each and every card I've received, they've also reminded me of Paula's absence, and that's been a bit hard to deal with. I know the good intentions behind every card, and I love you all for them. I guess what I'm trying to ask, and botching it up pretty well, is that no one send any more cards about Paula. I need some time and space right now, so I can start figuring out how to make a life without her. My feelings are a bit raw still, and I need to let some of them settle down a bit. I know you are all willing to help me deal with Paula's absence, and I will forever be grateful for finding friends like you all. But, for now, I need to focus on the other parts of my life so I can get a handle on what's missing.

I hope you all understand. I don't want to upset anyone, hurt them, or harm. I just need a little time spent focusing on the other parts of my life.

Thanks, again...

-Dan & Bump

Comments (13)

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

((HUG)) It's okay Dan, we understand perfectly. I can't see how anyone would be insulted by your request. Just hang in there..."another Hug"

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks Linda. I can always count on you! ***hugging back***

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Dan~ Of course we understand. :O) You just take care of yourself, know we're here for you...and don't hesitate to let us know what you need. ~ok?~
    *hugs & squishes*

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

Praying for you Dan, I certainly understand (now I'm not feeling so guilty about not getting out a card:) Hope gw serves as a much needed distraction and place for cheering you up! Nikki

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    15 years ago

squishes? hmmm, sounds interesting, just what are those???
    thanks for the chuckle!

Nikki, the ol' GW is a great place to be, in good times and bad. and what makes it so great is all my friends that I get to be with!

I think I'm going to attempt to sort my seeds today, if only to find out what I actually have! who knows, I may need to borrow some garden space from one or two of you, we'll see.
    Bump is playing with his catnip-filled bird. when he hits it, it chirps, so he may think he's got the actual thing. I'm not sure, but I'm glad I got it for him, he sure plays with it a lot!

Take care everyone, I'll check in later this afternoon...
    -Dan

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Dan, just take care of yourself, no one I think (I hope) would take this as an unreasonable request. We just want to help you get back to normalcy in your own time and however it takes you personally to get there.
    If I have caused you any heart break in anyway I truly am sorry. Always just trying to give respect, better to discuss then to hurt someone unintentional. Take care of yourself, I hope you get to the place you need to be as soon as you personally can. We will not rush, promise not to poke or prod (although one or both you might like, hehe you like squishes, ummm would that be cheek kisses Bunny?)or push you until you can be The REAL Dan again.

How's that for backing off?
    Hugs to you old man (hehe, your STILL older then me)
    :) Fran (squishes? hmmm)

• just1morehosta
    15 years ago

Hi Dan,
    I understand compleatly,been there.

Where did you find the cat-nip filled bird for Bump?
    Sounds like my two just might enjoy having one of those.
    Carol

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Fran, you've not causec me any more heartache, heart break, or harm. No one has. I just need to not receive the daily reminders anymore, that's all. Now, as for that "old man" stuff, all I can say is... "Hey little girl, want some candy?" (how's that for approaching the old me?)

Carol, I got the bird in the pet department at wal-mart. Let me know if you can't find them for your critters.

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

Squishes, LOL! Is a harder hug!
    I've been really busy with my Mom's estate sale! I'm so glad the estate sale is over! I can finally begin to enjoy the Holidays. I have a couple of small trees up, but will go tonight and purchase a REAL one!
    I'll be online a lot more now. I miss EVERYONE!

Hi Dan!
    Giant Hug from me! ;) Ok, a squish too!

Deb

• just1morehosta
    15 years ago

Dan,
    Thank you, i will check out old wally world,i love my "critters" :0)And they love to open "paper" goodies,after all, tis the season.
    Carol

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Yep, squishes are those hugs that ya give to especially cute things....ya know....the ones ya want to hug until their eyes bug out! :O)

See how special ya are, Dan??

• graanieb
    15 years ago

May be it'd be best if Dan decides to ignore this thread---he doesn't need more reminders that bring him hurt???? Everyone deals with grief in their own way.

Dan, hope you're staying busy,keeping your mind occupied, sometimes helps to stay from the computer and the house all possible, at least for a while, just my few comments.
    Well-meaning advice from the heart, knowing it'd not be first or last time simple words get misinterpreted, as long as you're healing, no help bringing back the past.

Wish you gentle healing, good health... happiness then comes in it's own time.

GB-Bea

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    15 years ago

if anyone else would like to talk, catch me over in the latest MNF thread, okay? talk to you all later..... -Dan