Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ruthz_gw

December 2014 OBF The Grinch Gift Exchange/Part 4

ruthz
9 years ago

Just need to open this to finish bingo and the final Grinch gifts to be posted.

Melinda, so sorry your having such a difficult time.
Sending prayers your way.

Comments (17)

• bluee19
    9 years ago

Ruth, I need one more word, come on, please pick another one hee hee :)-

Hope everyone have a great Funday Friday!!

• dm_kelly
    9 years ago

Just one more word for me too!

• ruthz
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Good Morning.

Today I will randomly draw one bingo word at a time.

First bingo word for today

Bells

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    9 years ago

I'm going to re-post 2015's updated "swap hosting list" for Shirley. Swap hosting is fun and EASY! Pleeeease consider picking a month. We can always give you a little help hosting, if it's your first time. Ruth did a fantastic job in December and it was her first time hosting! Thank you, Ruth!

December - Ruth (In progress)
    January - Sheri (In progress)
    February -
    March - Erica
    April -
    May - Shirley
    June -
    July -
    August -
    Sept. -
    Oct. -
    Nov. - Sheri
    Dec. -

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

BINGO!

• EricaBraun
    9 years ago

Congratulations, Mary! (and I do have a few Caramel Bhuts for you, btw).

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

Bells
    Faith
    Garland
    Gifts
    Heart
    Holly
    Icicles
    North Pole
    Noel
    Poinsettias
    Sending
    Shrunken Heart
    Silver Bells
    Snowman
    Warm Hearted Whos

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

Oh, Erica my yahoo friend, thank you. Mary E.

• EricaBraun
    9 years ago

Mary -- I tried to send you telepathic vibes, since I know I can't send you email. I'm guessing it didn't work.

• ruthz
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Congratulations Mary.
    I'll mail your bingo prize out Monday.

I believe we're still waiting for two people to post when they receive their Grinch gifts.

Hope everyone is doing well and having a good weekend.
    It's cold here today, wind chill in the thirties. Maybe rain later.
    Hubby not feeling well so I guess we'll stay in most of the weekend.

Shirley, I'll post next year's OBF signups on a separate thread so we don't forget where it is and can easily be bumped up.

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

Ruthz, thank you, this has been too much fun.

Erica, thank you, is that what was keeping me up last night? I love Bhut and Bhut related stuff. There is so much to learn about peppers and I only joined GW last May.

Mary E.

• ruthz
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks to all of you. It was fun.
    It took all of us to make it what it was.

I love growing pepper.
    My daughter put pepper seeds in my Christmas stocking this year.
    I eat a lot of eggs and we love having fresh pepper to cook with them.
    I tried to grow Bhut's one year but they didn't germinate.
    I thought I would try again this year. But do you actually eat them or how do you use them?
    I don't eat the super hots.

• ruthz
    Original Author
    9 years ago

duplicate

This post was edited by ruthz on Sat, Dec 27, 14 at 12:32

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

Ruth, I had the opposite problem ... I germinated too many, way too many because I had read so much online about problems germinating. Got 110%* germination. I have two long ceramic tiles, I just put them across the stove burners and the pilot light provides the underneath heat. I save the bottom tray from grocery store to-go roast chicken and put in seed starter soil. Now I only germinate eight to twelve in a tray.
    I use them in chili, it does add something ... their flavor and that blowfish tingle without the risk of death. In a big pot of chili, a one inch piece is plenty for me. I have some powder now, I haven't used it yet.
    * because I thought I planted about fifty seeds.

• smitties
    9 years ago

Darn, should have checked in on Gardenweb before I went to work this morning cause I have Bingo too. Congrats to Mary.

I received my box yesterday but I didn't get a chance to get on and thank Dawn for my package. I am excited to have some new kitchen utensils, especially the kitchen shears. I have been wanting a pair for a long time. I haven't opened the pepper jam or plum sauce yet but will save it for a special time. Yum. Dawn also included five packages of seeds that I look forward to plating this spring.

I have been single handedly holding down the fort at the store. One employee is away on a trip and another plus the owner are very sick with what seems like the upper respiratory flu. The owner was supposed to work with me yesterday and today. I told her to go home early yesterday and when she came in today, I told her to go back home and that I could handle it. She is feeling awful. The other gal called off for tomorrow too so I am working for her. I would prefer they both stay away til they are feeling better cause I don't want that crud. It has a fever and nasty cough. I am going to see my grandson soon and I don't want to have to cancel.

I sure hope everyone here is healthy. This stuff going around is bad.

Thanks again to Ruth for a fantastic hosting job and thanks to Dawn for the great package.

Margo

• bluee19
    9 years ago

Sandlapper_rose (Jeanne) ~ Thank YOU for the lovely birthday card and bookmark. I appreciate being remembered on my special day. I hope you are doing great!!

This post was edited by bluee19 on Sun, Dec 28, 14 at 9:25

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

Ruth, after your question I was thinking about that Bhut Jolokia powder. I put some in a batch of fudge. A scant one eighth teaspoon, because hey, you can always increase it on subsequent batches. Well I really liked it and that fudge is gone. My sister and her granddaughter were here to see the kittens. They had some fudge, I didn't tell them and they didn't notice the hotness.
    Nikki ... how was your Christmas birthday this year??
    Mary E.