24-aaaccc

25-dulcigarden

26-rbrady

27-goozylucy

28-ibartoo

29-joyceky1

30-maricybele

31-punkingal

there are 31 of us Joy I think you are right it is going to better than last year! Everyone seems to be having more fun than last year I'm not even close to being done and I have over 150 packs. If you have something to post do it here back to the seeds now.

Patty

Comments (106)

• Michelle Reynolds
    16 years ago

I just can't wait till I get my christmas seeds

michelle

• pattygrow5
    Original Author
    16 years ago

OK girls I got 5 more today
    esiuol-kal2002-kilngod-sunsetin-threas
    here is how it stands

1-pattygrow5-not done but here of course
    2-threas-received
    3-strmywthr3-received
    4-pnwjoy-send by Thursday
    5-threeshyacres-sent tuesday
    6-micyrey-received
    7-lisam627-?
    8-agirlsgirl-received
    9-ggwrn-received
    10-esiuol-received
    11-sandygardens-?
    12-poisondartfrog-received
    13-sguanzon-send by weekend
    14-kal2002-received
    15-thehills2-received
    16-stagerat-?
    17-kilngod-received
    18-flowerpowernc-?
    19-cottageflowers-send by thursday
    20-sunsetin-received
    21-moonphase-send by thursday
    22-kalena67-sent
    23-patrob-?
    24-aaaccc-received
    25-dulcigarden-received
    26-rbrady-sent
    27-goozylucy-sent
    28-ibartoo-received
    29-joyceky1=?
    30-maricybele
    31-punkingal-received

all of the ? we haven't heard from I will e-mail them to see what's up.I have had to upgrade to 2 boxes for the 30 separated bags of seeds getting fat they are!Sue I can understand my daughter is in orchestra,jazz and marching band they had 5 performances in the last 7 days and 2 more next week I am glad to be home tonight.
    Patty

• pattygrow5
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I got 2 more today
    three shy acres and rbrady
    I sent e-mails to ?s and heard back from almost everyone
    updated list
    1-pattygrow5-not done but here of course
    2-threas-received
    3-strmywthr3-received
    4-pnwjoy-send by Thursday
    5-threeshyacres-received
    6-micyrey-received
    7-lisam627-?
    8-agirlsgirl-received
    9-ggwrn-received
    10-esiuol-received
    11-sandygardens-?
    14-kal2002-received
    15-thehills2-received
    16-stagerat-sent
    17-kilngod-received
    18-flowerpowernc-will send by weekend
    19-cottageflowers-send by thursday
    20-sunsetin-received
    22-kalena67-sent
    23-patrob-sent
    24-aaaccc-received
    25-dulcigarden-received
    26-rbrady-sent
    27-goozylucy-sent
    28-ibartoo-received
    29-joyceky1=sent
    30-maricybele-received
    31-punkingal-received
    I will post as I get them
    Patty

• sandysgardens
    16 years ago

Patty - Mine went out on Wednesday. I sent you an email to let you know of my not so great experience at my local PO. Now to keep fingers crossed that the unhappy PO worker didn't put them on the slow train from China or Pony Express. 167 total packets.

• stage_rat
    16 years ago

Snort! Moonphase, yes, maybe you should have asked for more things, since "All annuals" and "All perennials" was so limiting!

• agirlsgirl
    16 years ago

I know that it isnt possible that my seeds would arrive yet,but I find myself staring at my mailbox hoping they will just magicly appear...anyone else?....lol...

• pumkingal
    16 years ago

Now even I am watching the mail box, this should be exciting when they do finally arrive, it surely will be our nice Christmas gifts that keep on giving too, with all the seeds we will all have. My poor dining room next year, I don't care either I will have my seeds drying, oh boy,,

• kilngod
    16 years ago

I need to get the whole town to save milk jugs for me...and figure out where oh where I'm going to put all them.

(...I'm in such big trouble, and I love it!)

• agirlsgirl
    16 years ago

Tina,I have an idea,why dont you store the milk jugs all over town?...lol...just a thought!:)

• moonphase
    16 years ago

Well stage rat,that does about cover it doesn't it???lol..but am hoping I can get a plan for my garden and be more specific.Getting all the new seed catalogs have me sighing and thinking I wish I had a specific salvia and a specific dianthus and so on..Now that sounds like a good new years resolution for me.I just think I am advancing past of wanting to try them all and thinking more of planning my gardens.Maybe next year I will have some that are must haves.Right now the only plants I really covet are salvias..yep,I think I may be a serious gardener when I grow up.lol
    moonphase

• flower_power_nc
    16 years ago

Sorry guys I had a death in family.
    And am behind will mail 2 day Monday to
    Patty. I am not usually late. To much to
    do and Christmas is here.

• kilngod
    16 years ago

flower_power, I'm so sorry to hear. My best wishes to you.

agirlsgial, I just got my neighbor...who has 6 kids...to promise me all of his milkjugs until spring. He goes through 5+ a week! Can you imagine the sight of these jugs in clusters all over town? Bad enough I'll be digging through the recycling...and I now live in a VERY small town. (At least my back yard is mostly enclosed. Since the neighbor is in cahoots with what's going on, he can freely laugh at me, and get bonus flowers for it in the spring.)

• agirlsgirl
    16 years ago

flower power,my condolences.
    Tina,...lol...my milk jug collection grows about 5 more jugs a week also...and I dont have 6 kids......DH likes the ice tea out of the jug,so those add to my collection too,I was complaing about him drinking that "stuff",until I discovered WS..(grin)..now I welcome those 1/2 gallon and 1 gallon jugs!:)Ice cream buckets and other various containers are ending up in a big box in the garage,well you cant really see the box any more! ;) I had this vision of all your neighbors waking up in the morning to nicely labeled milk jugs all in a row on their porches...lol...

• pnwjoy54
    16 years ago

Sorry everyone. Mine will be late as well. I just went through a very hectic week.
    My son's wife left him with 2 small children (Ages 2 and 3) early last week. They've been staying with us so I can look after the kids while my son works. They finally were able to go home and my son has found a sitter for the kids. Daughter in-law was such a gem 'We thought' This has been shocking for everyone who knew her. Know one could have imagined she'd ever do anything like this. Especially leave her kids!
    So with all of this going on, as you might imagine, I wasn't able to get any seed packing done at all this week. I'm just not used to caring for small children anymore. They needed constant attention and by the time they were asleep for the night I was wore out.
    I'm working on them all this weekend though so I'll get them posted Monday for sure.
    So sorry Patty, I know your goal is to get these all out to everyone before Christmas. I hope you'll still be able to do that.

Joy (pnwjoy)

• agirlsgirl
    16 years ago

flowerpower and Joy,I dont mind waiting for mine,you have much more to worry about than seeds,Christmas would be nice but, after Christmas may just be twice as nice!No pressure here!:)I am so sorry to hear of all this misforune before Christmas,both of you will be in my thoughts,and Joy...Good Luck with those babies,I am betting they will keep Grandma quite busy!Once you get into the swing of things..it will all come back to you I am sure!:)Best Wishes to both of you and to Patty who may just be buried under a pile of seeds right now!:)

• pnwjoy54
    16 years ago

Angie, Thank you for your kind words. :-)
    My son and Grandchildren went home for the weekend so I'm working on getting the seeds packed. I told my son to let me know if he needs me for anything, but so far I've had the whole day today to catch up on getting all these seeds together. I have over 60 packs already and know I have a lot more I can add. Just glad to have the time to do them and wish I'd spent more time on them the weeks before. I don't like to keep anyone waiting.

Thank you for your understanding. :-)

Joy

• pnwjoy54
    16 years ago

Flower_Power,

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss your family and you are going through.

I wish you the best and will be thinking of you at this tough time.

Joy

• pattygrow5
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi everyone sorry for not posting yesterday had to work then baking cookies got 5 kinds done last night one tonight all my chocolate goal for tomorrow 10 kinds of cookies I think next year I am going to go back to having seeds sent by 5th of Jan.
    the holidays are so busy for all of I feel for you Debbie. Joy you never know what life is going to bring.
    I got 5 more between yesterday and today.
    goozylucy,cottagegardens,stagerat,kalena67 and joyceky
    updated list
    1-pattygrow5- done but I'll be adding more
    2-threas-received
    3-strmywthr3-received
    4-pnwjoy-send soon
    5-threeshyacres-received
    6-micyrey-received
    7-lisam627-?
    8-agirlsgirl-received
    9-ggwrn-received
    10-esiuol-received
    11-sandygardens-sent
    14-kal2002-received
    15-thehills2-received
    16-stagerat-received
    17-kilngod-received
    18-flowerpowernc-send soon
    19-cottageflowers-received
    20-sunsetin-received
    22-kalena67-received
    23-patrob-sent
    24-aaaccc-received
    25-dulcigarden-received
    26-rbrady-sent
    27-goozylucy-received
    28-ibartoo-received
    29-joyceky1=received
    30-maricybele-received
    31-punkingal-received
    I'll post again Monday
    Patty

• pumkingal
    16 years ago

Flower power so sorry about your loss, I had a loss this time last year myself, don't worrie about my seeds, take your time, and Joy I know about little kids, I baby sit my 4 year old grandson daily, I am tired out endlessly, and I have 5 living in the house, so seeding is my out let, thank God, I just baked over 200 sugar cookies and made 15 pounds of fudge, and to day we are getting hit with a nor-eastern we are burried about 18" now and not stopping any time soon. Good thing I mailed my seeds out when I did, my town is at a stand still, so no rush on my seeds patty, happy holidays to you all. Lisa

• agirlsgirl
    16 years ago

Lisa! How do you do it all and still have time to breath?....lol....

• pumkingal
    16 years ago

Well I can tell ya alot of ocd around here,ha, we have monk beat, should write about it some day, my manics are days, I just can't stop, I just wrapped 143 gifts, was up till 4:45 this morning and back up at 9:30. I still have more to do, I have the flu too right now head feels like it could exsplode,ouch. This too I hope shall pass, I love doing for others, always have and always will, that's just who I am, surely an elf,ha,ha. The cute this n that's I have bought are just cutsies, all will be pleased and fudge to all and cookies too, after holidays I will take a well needed break from every thing to recope, then bounce back. I have even lost 20 lbs with all my busying around, I like that. And girl I am 50, no spring thing any more, things hurt a little longer but my mind is busy, and that is healthy, thanks for asking, you all have a very merry Christmas...Lisa

• pattygrow5
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Here I am with the update got two more today
    sandygardens and lisam627 I guess the post office is a little slower than usual with Holidays and weather we are only waiting on 6 more I am keeping up separating so it won't take as long when they all get here
    2-threas-received
    3-strmywthr3-received
    4-pnwjoy-send soon
    5-threeshyacres-received
    6-micyrey-received
    7-lisam627-received
    8-agirlsgirl-received
    9-ggwrn-received
    10-esiuol-received
    11-sandygardens-received
    14-kal2002-received
    15-thehills2-received
    16-stagerat-received
    17-kilngod-received
    18-flowerpowernc-send soon
    20-sunsetin-received
    22-kalena67-received
    23-patrob-sent
    24-aaaccc-received
    25-dulcigarden-received
    26-rbrady-sent
    27-goozylucy-received
    28-ibartoo-received
    29-joyceky1-received
    30-maricybele-received
    31-punkingal-received post again tomorrow.
    Patty

• moonphase
    16 years ago

Help,I need pattys address.I am finally finished.I ended up with over 200 wishs filled.I am sorry I am holding up the swap..so much to do and so little time.and besides,I am getting older and slower..lol..not!..my addy is Ladydesireus@yahoo.com...I am mailing in the am..
    moonphase

• pattygrow5
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I was working on the seeds realized I have rbrady down as sent but I received them sorry about that and moonphase I will e-mail you as soon as I finish posting this .
    Patty

• kilngod
    16 years ago

Ha! I just emailed her, and came back to post, and whadda ya know.

Ok, Moon, you've got two emails with Patty's addy.

lol!
    --Tina

• dulcigarden
    16 years ago

Hello group i wanted to let you guys know that i will be leaving on vacation tomorrow. I will be overseas, hehe not to stir anything, but i am going to the caribbean.:~)
    I am scaping the cold for a bit. Anyhow, Patty you can still send my envelope since the mail slot is on my front door my precious seeds wont suffer the inclemency of the weather. HOWEVER if my envelope happends to be too too thick (just dreaming) but in that strange case. DO NOT send it, my mail slot is only about 3 1/2 inches thick and about 10 inches wide. And the mailman will not hesitate to leave it between the screen door and the door if it does not fit. So if in doubt dont send it. Again i know my envy will not be so thick. Thank You so much and i wish you all a Merry Christmas and happy new year.

• pattygrow5
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi girls,I got another envie today from patrob here is the fixed list
    2-threas-received
    3-strmywthr3-received
    4-pnwjoy-sent
    5-threeshyacres-received
    6-micyrey-received
    7-lisam627-received
    8-agirlsgirl-received
    9-ggwrn-received
    10-esiuol-received
    11-sandygardens-received
    13-sguanzon-sent
    14-kal2002-received
    15-thehills2-received
    16-stagerat-received
    17-kilngod-received
    18-flowerpowernc-sent
    20-sunsetin-received
    21-moonphase-sent
    22-kalena67-received
    23-patrob-received
    24-aaaccc-received
    25-dulcigarden-received
    26-rbrady-received
    27-goozylucy-received
    28-ibartoo-received
    29-joyceky1-received
    30-maricybele-received
    31-punkingal-received
    so we are just waiting on 4 envies and I can get started working on them. I am so excited to see the posts after you all get them!
    Patty

• sguanzon
    16 years ago

Never fear! Mine are on the way. Hopefully they will be there soon!

• pattygrow5
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I got another envie today flowerpowernc 27 done 3 to go
    Patty

• pattygrow5
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I got another envie today moonphase we now need only sguanzon and pnwjoy.
    Patty

• pattygrow5
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I got one more envie of seeds today sguanzon we are just waiting for pnwjoys seeds but since Christmas is only 2 days away I will not be able to start working on them until the day after so heres hoping you all have a
    VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS
    Patty

• agirlsgirl
    16 years ago

Thanks Patty!! I hope you and everyone else has a wonderful Christmas!I am actually happy the seeds are coming after Christmas,I know there is no possible way I would be able to resist going through them and instead of doing my Christmas duties,I will be hiding in the basement looking at seeds for hours...lol...
    {{gwi:1319702}}

• pumkingal
    16 years ago

Hi all Wishing you all a very merry Christmas, I hope every one like the seeds, I offered, but last night we had a death in the family, my fiancee"s mom, so writing out last minute tags threw tears is difficult, I will have some thing wonderful to look forward too, a funny thing though, she had collected some seeds for me and left them in a cup on the sink for me,,,I will gladly plant them right out front,,,,thank you all, I will surely need some cheer, thank you patty for doing all of this for all of us, Lisa

• chelty2
    16 years ago

Lisa,
    I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My condolences to you and your family.
    chelty2

• kilngod
    16 years ago

Lisa, Our condolences to you in this loss. Plant those seeds front and center. It will be a wonderful rememberence of her.
    --Tina

• pumkingal
    16 years ago

Thank you very much, Christmas for 6 kids this morning went in shifts, then daugter and grandson, then the hard part went to his dad's that was such an empty feeling some one at the table was missing, his mom, we took no pictures their today, and it was very quiet. I had wrapped this year over 300 gifts,had our dinner yesturday, boy am pooped out, thank you for your thoughts of us, Lisa

• sandysgardens
    16 years ago

Lisa - I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your fiancees' mother. I too say, plant those seeds where everyone will see the wonderful gift she gave you! You'll have many wonderful blooms.

Sandy

• agirlsgirl
    16 years ago

Lisa,I am so sorry to hear of your loss but happy to hear she was a well loved woman.The flowers you plant for her will always keep her in a place of beauty that is close to your heart.My condolences.~Angie

• ibartoo
    16 years ago

Lisa, I am very sorry for your loss. I know that you will always have a warm place in your heart that her flowers will keep alive for you. What a great blessing.
    Linda

• pumkingal
    16 years ago

Thank you all for your kind words, I had bought for her a bridge planter, I will put her saved seeds in it right out front, she did alot for the amvets, always giving and knitting premie baby clothes to donate, I will take over and knit for them now too, I will get all of her patterns and start that for my news years resolution, passing on of traditions is good. thanks all Lisa

• pattygrow5
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I hope all of you had a Merry Christmas.Lisa sorry to hear of your loss I have plants that when I see them I think of certain people.This is sweet of you to carry on her giving ways I e-mailed Joy to see if the seeds are on their way I will let you all know as soon as I get them or hear in the meantime I have started going thru taking out duplicates and counting how many more I need to fulfill that persons amount so when Joys come I can add those in and go from there.
    Patty

• Michelle Reynolds
    16 years ago

hello everyone
    thanks for the update patty, I'm gonna get my WS pots ready next week and my basement greenhouse is ready,I can't wait to see what new seeds I will have. I have 4 diffrent basils started, and my geranium cuttings are blooming already. I have no patients for waiting till spring :)
    thanks again patty for all the work.
    happy new year everyone
    michelle

• ibartoo
    16 years ago

I think the anticipation is getting to me.............. I cannot wait to start planting. I have nowhere else to put any pots, but I keep collecting containers....
    Patty this is fun...... thanks so much for doing all this, Linda

• rbrady
    16 years ago

It is getting to me, too! I must have over a hundred containers saved up to winter sow in. I can't wait!

Thanks to Patty for hosting a great swap!

Rhonda

• pattygrow5
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi all I heard from Joy sadly she will not be able to get her seeds out I am still going to send her a bunch of the seeds sent for her to put a smile on her face. So I already have gotten started have some packs ready of the smaller packs sent I already went thru them all now I have to go thru lists to see what extras I can send to who I am hurring I will start a new post as soon as they are all ready hopefully by Monday.
    Patty

• pumkingal
    16 years ago

Patty and all of you are just wonderful I know how hard it is for Joy, our house is under alot right now also, and I have come to the conclusion our lives are all about boxes, our things, memeories, stuff important to us, we are now starting to sort out his mommy's things, wow what alot of things to go through, can't wait for my seeds, I need some happy things in my life,,,thanks patty for all you are doing your the best, Lisa

• agirlsgirl
    16 years ago

I am sorry to hear that Joy wasnt able to get her seeds out,of course it is understandable,but I am happy to hear she will get a cheer package!I am glad the first big swap I ever did is with people like you guys!Thanks for making this so positive for me!
    Lisa,when DH's gramma died,we thought it would be hard to go through her things,but we ended up having a blast! We felt her presence with us the whole time we were laughing at old pictures and trying on jewelery,we know she was right beside us giggling away,celebrate her life,she was a wonderful woman that thought of others, so I am sure that she would want you to go through her things and relish in the sweet memories when she was with you here.
    Patty thank you for all of the hard work you have put into this,it is so appreciated!:)

• pumkingal
    16 years ago

Thanks Angie;
    It was cool going threw really old black and white's to make the picture board, wow back in the good ole days, and the stuff craft things oh my,, the old jewelry is funny seen some of it,, I did feel her their,,At the dinner I told every one about the seeds, her grand daughters, they asked me to start some for them and could they have some I smiled ear to ear but of Course I will share your grandmothers seeds-plants with you, they never gardened so this will surely get them started, pass the seeds, yup. Thank you all, Lisa

• agirlsgirl
    16 years ago

Hey ladies! It's a little late, but I wanted to make sure I wished you all a happy New Year!May it be healthy and happy!

• rbrady
    16 years ago

Thank you Angie! Happy New Year to you, too, and also to everyone!

Rhonda

Sponsored
Capital City Construction & Remodeling
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living