Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sandlapper_rose

UPDATE: 2012 Theme Garden Seed Swap is now underway!

sandlapper_rose
12 years ago

Sign ups for this swap have already ended. There are 25 wonderful GardenWeb members participating in the swap.

This thread will be used by you to post when you mail your seeds, by me to say I received them and when I mail your envelopes back to you, and again by you so you can let us know they have arrived. Feel free to chat about anything relating to the swap or ask questions. However, no side trading is allowed so please only send seeds for others that relate to the themes and do not arrange for side swaps among yourselves by sending the seeds through me.

Here is our list of participants and the name of each person's themes. You will have to look back at the original list (where we signed up) for a description of each theme. Maybe someone can post a link here so you can easily get to it.

sandlapper_rose: I'm Thirsty, The Dessert Menu, Spice of Life, Fall in Love, I Get Around

poisondartfrog: Grow Where You are Planted, Nicotine Fit, So? Sow Celosia!, Cream Supreme, Giganotosaurus and other Giant Creatures

flowergirl34: The Black Crows, Little Miss Matched, Heritage Garden, Happy Feet, Jurassic Park

jensyen: It's Pretty Cut-and-Dried, My Two-Faced Friends, Oh, What a life!, Sensational Show Stoppers, Gnome Sweet Home

alwaysagarden: Bright Smiling Faces, Oh So Popular, Big Bright Bloomers, Going Wild, On The Porch

clc70: Shady Ladies, Fall Fantasy, Cottage Collage, Annie Get Your Gun, Shrubmania

micyrey: Butterfly thru, Just Hanging Around, Annual Creek, Guinea Pig Salad Bar, Wild Thing

browneyedsusan: Buried treasures, Leave me alone, Little gems, Some like it hot, Woodland sprites

drippy: America the Beautiful, Appalachia

sassybutterfly_2008: It's not easy being GREEN, Summer's Bounty Buffet, Fruit Salad, Heaven, Rude Gals Raising Hel..

kay_in_pa: Forever and a Day, Peaches and Cream, Victorian Lady, Up Your Nose, Fernal Equinox

barefootgardner12: Children's Garden, Hot & Sweet (peppers), Tutti-Fruity, Veggie Blast, Chocolate & Vanilla Fantasy

onedaylily: On the edge, Heaven scent, Early Risers, The Great Race, Some kind of wonderful

ishareflowers: The red coats are coming, Follow the yellow brick road, Crazy for columbine, Rock the casba

jaynine: Tried & True, For the Birds, Between a Rock & a Hard Place, Hippie Chicks, Magic & Medicine

lorilynngardens: Tiger Garden, Cafe au Lait, Strawberry Fields, Garden Sings the Blues, Potager

twopinenuts: Don't be a SAP!, Primary Colors, Gigamungusoid, HummerButter Days, Not tonight Deer

apoppyfield: Heirloom heritage, Culinary delight, Salad Bowl, Throw & Grow, Easy & Shady Lady

moonphase: memorial garden, herb /butterfly garden, two toned friends, animal fun, nanny's food farm.

imabirdnut: Monarch Mania, Butterfly Bounty, Blues Brothers, Red Hot Mama, Meadow Madness

gagreenman:Ying/Yang, Celtic Knot, Fire & Ice, Twilight Fantasy, Mysterious Happenings

scratchits: Riley's Pride, Whispers in the wind, Grandmas back yard, Berries delight, Keep the doctor away

gardenerz: Squash Me, Short Cool Season, Heirloom, Pink and ?, Z - Things that start with a "z"

hibiscusfan: God Bless the USA, Pink Panthers, Rock and Roll, Wet and Wild, Stars and Stripes

LiznElizabeth: Good Buddies, Pining Away, Tuff Enough, Deer-be-gone, Buttterfly Diner

I'm so happy to have all of you participating. This swap is lots of fun!

I am sending an e-mail message with my mailing address and instructions about how to package your seeds, etc. If you do not receive it, contact me. It is being sent out today. Please do not share my mailing information here on the message board. I sent e-mail to each person so it would not be posted. Thanks so much...

and Happy New Year! I hope it is a wonderful year for each of you.

Jeanne

Comments (100)

• imabirdnut
    12 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Ditto on redistributing extra seeds I sent!
    Looking forward to seeing what comes soon!
    It takes me forever to get all the seeds sorted to send so I can't imagine how long it must take for the hosts!
    Thanks for all your hard work, Jeanne!!!

I'm getting excited, too!
    Lila aka 'imabirdnut', 'seednut', & 'butterflynut'!!!

• jaynine
    12 years ago

Please feel free to redistribute what I've sent in, too.

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hello to all in the swap! I have been hard at work. Today seeds arrived from sassybutterfly_2008. That was the only one though. I am wondering if some of the mail is traveling slower because of the change in the postage rate over the weekend. Some things are getting right through and others are not. Sassybutterfly and I are in neighboring states so I have no idea why her envelope took so long. Then I got one from clear across the country that was mailed on Friday and it arrived on Monday - no special handling on it - just regular mail. Crazy!

Let's not worry too much until after mail delivery tomorrow. I am hoping the last few will show up then. I am trying to make it so that Friday will be my last day to sort so they can all get mailed out on either Saturday or Monday. I will keep you informed of how it's going. I am over 50% finished with the sorting at this point.

Like many of you, I am eager to winter sow and that won't get done until after I finish sorting. I know we are all waiting for the seeds...

Yes, the paper bags are great for sorting. There is lots of room for the return envelopes, the seed packets, etc. I have the bags in alphabetical order by GardenWeb name. I put a list on the front of each bag with the five themes and the person's information. I have the list of what was sent and then I make a list of what is going to each person so I can compare the two. I check to make sure you are not receiving something you sent and check on the numbers, too. (I adjust if someone who sent 100+ seeds only has 30 and someone who sent 30 has 75. That gets a bit confusing since at that point I have to recheck the 3 lists! LOL)
    So, that's my system and I'm sticking to it...

Updating the list:

sandlapper_rose: Here
    poisondartfrog: Here
    flowergirl34: Here
    jensyen: Here
    alwaysagarden: Here
    clc70: Here
    micyrey: Here
    browneyedsusan: Here
    drippy: Here
    sassybutterfly_2008: Here
    kay_in_pa: Here
    barefootgardner12: Here
    onedaylily: Here
    ishareflowers: Here
    jaynine: Here
    lorilynngardens: Mailed
    twopinenuts: Here
    apoppyfield: Here
    moonphase: ?
    imabirdnut: Here
    gagreenman: ?
    scratchits: Here
    gardenerz: Here
    hibiscusfan: Here
    LiznElizabeth: Here

Thanks to those who said the seeds could be redistributed if needed. I won't know how it will all pan out until closer to the end but it may help.

Back to the seeds...
    Jeanne

• flowergirl34
    12 years ago

Hey all!

Jeanne, redistribute away :)
    vina

• alwaysagarden
    12 years ago

I am in agreement with the others... please redistribute! Thanks for all your wonderful work Jeanne.

Cindy

• poisondartfrog
    12 years ago

What they said.
    Alana

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I heard back that two of the remaining packages with seeds are heading my way. I haven't heard from gagreenman though. I sure hope everything is okay with him.
    Jeanne

• browneyedsusan_gw
    12 years ago

Please redistribute mine as necessary. The themes that I assigned them to were only suggestions.
    I really appreciate all the hard work you are putting into this swap.
    Thanks,
    Susan

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Moonphase, your seeds arrived today. That was really quick! Lorilynngardens, no luck today on yours. Maybe you were able to find out something about them.
    Jeanne

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Lorilynngardens's seed envelope did not arrive today either. Unfortuntely I am trying to finish up my sorting today and tomorrow so I can start mailing on Saturday. We'll see if it shows up tomorrow and if so, I will do an "abbreviated swap" because some are already counted out and packed to go to their new homes. I have e-mailed her about this and so far she has not been able to get an update on where the package might be. (You see why I want to send things with a delivery confirmation. As far as I know she got one but has been unable to find the number in the system. Bad news all around.)
    I e-mailed gagreenman several times and have not gotten a response so I am pretty sure something came up and he did not send.
    I have only hosted this once before so I am sorry things did not make it thorough the mail like we would have anticipated. I really can't delay longer - have other projects with deadlines that I need to get to next week and I know many are eager to get their seeds to begin wintersowing.
    ... now back to sorting.
    Jeanne

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Tomorrow I will be posting a list of some of the seeds that are not yet sorted into someone's envelope - either there was already one of that type in your envelope, you sent the same thing, or I am clueless how to tie it in with one of your themes. I am doing my best to get everyone up to the 100 packs or the number of packs you sent in. I can tell some of you were much more creative on how to tie some seeds in with the themes than I have been!

If your seeds made it to me for this swap, when I post the list tomorrow you can list up to 10 seeds that you would like from what remains. Please do that by the end of the day Saturday by posting your list here. Then I can finish packing them up and get them out on Monday. If more people want what is listed than the number of packets I have, I will just draw names for some of them and try to even it out.

Please don't feel bad if you sent something that appears on the list! Wonderful varieties were sent in, but sometimes several people decide to send the same thing.

I hoped everything would go smoothly and all would be accounted for but the way it looks now, I don't see it happening. There will be some seeds still looking for their proper home. Please be understanding if 75% of your seeds fit your themes well and the other 25% are a bit "iffy." I am doing my best. Perhaps you can share some with a friend or do a later trade and exchange them for something else. The first round of sorting was going really well, but the process has slowed down today - I really don't want to handle each person's envelope more than 4 or 5 times so if it hasn't clicked with me yet on how to sort the remaining seeds, I'll leave it up to you. Okay?

The last time I was hostess I had many seeds on hand and supplemented a lot of what was needed from my stash. I haven't been saving as many seeds this time so I just couldn't do that again.
    Sorry your hostess's brain is beginning to turn to mush at this point... LOL
    Jeanne

• alwaysagarden
    12 years ago

Whatever method is working best for you is fine with me Jeanne! I know I will be happy with what you send. :)

Will be waiting for your list of extras to be posted.

Cindy

• sassybutterfly_2008
    12 years ago

I'm sure you've done an absolutely wonderful job Jeanne! *hugs*

• drippy
    12 years ago

I know where you are right now, Jeanne - breathe! Twelve out of 25 on the players' list are names I recognize as having been in this swap before - and they (we) wouldn't come back if we hadn't had fun in the past. The whole fun of the swaps is the surprise; not whether everythiing fits perfectly into our scheme or not - heck, that gives us something to trade away in the next one, LOL. ;) I don't remember ever having been in a single swap where I haven't been totally thrilled by something new and unexpected. You are a good - and veteran! - host, and this will be another great one.

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for telling me to breathe, Drippy! LOL

I will recheck the envelopes before sealing them up but I just finished and I think anyone who sent 100 or more now has at least 100 and everyone who sent under 100 has the number they sent in (with maybe a few extras.) It seems like there should be more left over than there is, but this is all. I tried to pull out the ones for lorilynn and gagreenman unless you told me to just leave them in the swap so some of you may find a few "returns." I want to let you know that I heard from gagreenman and he has been ill so that was why we didn't hear from him. Lorilynn had some weather issues at the time she mailed so we are uncertain what happened there, but still no arrival or word about her envelope so something happened to delay it (or perhaps it made its way back to her.) We missed having the two of you in the swap. Maybe next year...

Anyway, here are the leftover seeds if anyone wants to claim some. If more ask for them than what I have, I will just draw a name.

California Poppy (2)
    Mystery Flower (2)
    Cosmos Sensation (1)
    Marigold (4)
    Neem Marigold (2)
    Dill (2)
    Penstemon tenius (2)
    Bachelor Button Blue (1)
    Pink Hollyhock (1)
    Balloon Flower - Blue/Purple (1)
    Ratibida - Mexican Hat (1)
    Sweet Basil (1)
    Larkspur (1)

Please post your list here by the end of the day Saturday if you want some of those on the list. Then I can finish packing them up and get them out on Monday.

Thanks for your participation and your patience. Whew, time to get these seeds moving along and get some things done here at home. I know I will be winter sowing some next week. It has been so warm this winter that I don't know how that will go.

Jeanne

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I did a final count once I knew no more seeds would be coming in. Our grand total was 1,984 packs of seeds!

Have a good weekend!

Jeanne

• alwaysagarden
    12 years ago

Jeanne, I would like 1 of the Neem Marigold and 1 Penstemon tenius.
    thank you

• Michelle Reynolds
    12 years ago

hello jeanne
    I would be happy with any of the extras except the mystery seeds, I need to know what I'm growing.
    thanks
    michelle

• flowergirl34
    12 years ago

Jeanne, I'd love the Cosmos: Sensation, my MIL's favorite! :)
    THANKS!
    vina

• twopinenuts
    12 years ago

Hi...I'd like Penstemon tenius, balloon flower, and sweet basil if still available. If not...thanks for your hard work!!!

• drippy
    12 years ago

Thanks, Jeanne, I need nothing at this time.

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Just a few stray seed packets to put in the envelopes and they are ready to be taped up and on their way tomorrow! I think you will really like what was sent for you. Everything will go out with delivery confirmation. It just makes me feel better if we can track where it is in case it doesn't arrive in a reasonable time.

Later this week I will past some of the cute seed names that were used for some of the themes. You are great at this!

Jeanne

• drippy
    12 years ago

Got that wine chillin'? Feets up soon, lady - right after the post office! Give yourself a hug and a special treat - it's a tough job, and you deserve a little pampering.

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    12 years ago

The seeds are on their way! I felt so lucky. I went to a store that sells bird seed (LOL) and other bird supplies (for wild birds) and they have a post office in their business and I stood there getting 22 envelopes weighed and measured and no one else showed up for postal services while I was there. What are the chances of that? Anyway, it saved me from feeling bad for any people waiting in line. Those who were ahead of me in line and working there were asking questions about our seed swap. Of course, they had never heard of anything like it before.
    So, here are the delivery confirmation numbers in case you want to see where your envelope is as it travels to you. I am listing them by primary zip code numbers.

06076 is 03080660000087396855
    01876 is 03080660000087396879
    13166 is 03082040000097149195
    14437 is 03111660000054653265
    17236 is 03082040000097149270
    21620 is 03111660000054653258
    30533 is 03111660000054653241
    30127 is 03080660000087301484
    35242 is 03080660000087301491
    35749 is 03111660000054653234
    40906 is 03082040000097149263
    43026 is 03082040000097149201
    45844 is 03111660000054653289
    63471 is 03111660000054653302
    76087 is 03111660000054653272
    80107 is 03082040000097149218
    84741 is 03082040000097149232
    95370 is 03082040000097149225
    95969 is 03080660000087396862
    97015 is 03111660000054653296
    98148 is 03082040000097149249
    98596 is 03082040000097149256

I think I got all the numbers typed in correctly, but if not just ask and I will look it up again and e-mail it to you. I wonder where the first ones will arrive...

I plan to do some winter sowing tomorrow - I think for today I will take a break from looking at seeds! Thanks again for participating and all the great seeds you shared with the others. Please post when you receive so we will know everything makes it out safely.

Sending the new self-addressed envelopes was a big help to me in sending the seeds back out so thanks so much for doing that. I added extra tape to most of the envelopes. I sure didn't want any to tear and spill out their contents.

Enjoy... enjoy... enjoy!!!

Jeanne

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I meant to include in my message above that I thank everyone who sent some stamps above and beyond what it cost to mail your envelope and thanks for the sweet notes, little hostess gifts, etc. that came my way in some of the envelopes. None of that was expected, but it sure brought a smile to my face when I was opening the envelopes.
    I hope the swap continues to be held each year - it is really a lot of fun! Kim and I can discuss what is going on with us towards the end of 2012 and see if one of us can be hostess next time and if anyone new is interested in being the hostess for it, just let us know!

Jeanne

• jaynine
    12 years ago

My seeds came~I went through them quickly and am excited by what I've seen so far. Thanks to eveyone and to Jeanne for being such a great hostess. Back to the seed pile!

• drippy
    12 years ago

Mine are here! And there are waaaaay more than I anticipated - I will be back later after I go through them (have to attend to housework first, how blah is that?), but I am sending a great big THANKS! in advance to all players, and especially to Jeanne, our wonderful hostess!

• poisondartfrog
    12 years ago

Mine are here! I have just had time for a quick look, but there are lot's of interesting things in here. Thank you so much, everyone, and especially you Jeanne. I enjoyed your note, too. Great job!
    Alana

• flowergirl34
    12 years ago

MINE CAME!!! WooHoo!
    Gonna sit down tonight and go through everything!
    Jeanne, THANK YOU so much for all your hard work! And BIG THANKS to everyone who sent seeds to share!! :)

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!
    vina

ps...Jeanne, my snickers is already gone...HAPPY VALENTINES! :)

• Margie Crawford
    12 years ago

I got mine, too! Jeanne, thank you so much for hosting - this was my first theme swap and it was really fun. Thanks to everyone for sharing your seeds! Margie

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I'm so glad delivery is going smoothly for the seeds.

Everyone's themes were so great and I just wanted to share with you a few of the great selections I received for my themes. Others were equally creative - just can't type the whole list.

I'm Thirsty: I received two types of White Milkshakes, Melting Sugar Peas, and a Cup Plant to hold my beverages... also Petunia 'Rainmaster', Dianthus 'Rainbow Loveliness', Cleome 'Color Fountain', and Rain Lily 'Prarie Sunset'
    The Dessert Menu: All I can say is "yum!" I received 4 o'clocks 'Custard and Cream', Dianthus 'Raspberry Parfait', and Digitalis 'Milk Chocolate'
    Spice of Life: Marigold 'Sugar & Spice' and lots of great herbs to add to my herb garden
    Fall in Love: Yarrow 'Love Parade', ROS 'Red Heart' and Japanese Maple for the fall color aspect
    I Get Around: Sunflower 'Magic Roundabout', Queen Anne's Pocket Melon (have been interested in growing this one... small and round and said to have been carried in people's pockets long ago), Allium 'Purple Ball'and Globe Amaranth.

Some could have been in two categories like Zinnia 'Candy Cane' - it has a round part and could also be a dessert!

I hope a few of you will post some of the creative and interesting ones that you received. This group must have had almost every seed in existence. I just don't know how you meet so many themes so well. Thanks again for your wonderful participation.

Jeanne

• barefootgardner12
    12 years ago

I also received my seeds yesterday! Thanks so much everyone! I received some seeds I had not heard of before. I also received many seeds that I didn't know I wanted! Thank you Jeanne for being a fantastic hostess! Thank you for the M&M's. I'm off to (winter)sow some seeds!

• jensyen ( z7 MD )
    12 years ago

My seeds arrived today! Thanks so much, Jeanne and everyone who contributed. I love everything about this swap! Hope everyone has great success with their seeds. Sincerely,Jen

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    12 years ago

My seeds were in my mailbox today!

Thank you to everyone that sent in seeds for me,I got a kick out of some of the thoughtful selections.

Jeanne, thank you for the candy and all the hard work you must have put into sending out such great packages..

Lisa

• hibiscusfan -Northwest Ohio
    12 years ago

Yea!!! My seeds arrived yesterday and I was was thrilled to see so many of my wants in there, THANKS EVERYONE.

Jeanne I thought you did a great job at hosting and thanks for the candy.

• browneyedsusan_gw
    12 years ago

Jeanne, My seeds arrived today. You did a great job! Thanks to all who sent seeds. I received some very rare ones. I am really looking forward to this week end -I plan to sow my seeds.
    Susan

• drippy
    12 years ago

Promised I'd post back, so here I am. I knew I had picked good themes for this, but your responses really humbled me.

Jeanne sent a copy of the lyrics to America The Beautiful along (along with some additional poetry written to be sung to the tune on July 4). Here's how some of the choices fit:

O beautiful, for spacious skies - Aster, October Skies;
    For amber waves of grain - lots of ornamental grasses, nice!
    For purple mountain majesties - Amaranthus, Intense Purple; Purple Majesty Millet
    May God thy gold refine - Agastache, Golden Jubilee; Bean, Gold of Bacau
    Confirm thy soul in self control - Astilbe, Heart & Soul;
    And crown thy good with brotherhood - Canna, King City Gold;

And for my Appalachia theme: Broom corn, wildflowers from the Pennsylvania conservation department, oenethera biennis, aquilegias (esp canadensis) - columbines are beautiful here!, asclepias incarnata, callicarpa americana

Some of them could easily cross over, and there were just too many treasures to name them all. Thank you all so much! I will have a beautiful Appalachian, American garden this summer! :)

• Michelle Reynolds
    12 years ago

hello
    I got my envie today
    thanks bunches Jeanne and to everyone that sent in seeds.
    great stuff for the piggies, we have 6 guinea pigs, 2 pregnant now hopfully will have their babies ready for easter.
    also great flowers for the butterflies.
    thanks everyone
    michelle

• User
    12 years ago

My wonderful package of seeds arrived yesterday. What an incredible variety. There were some extra special ones I was hoping for and actually received: peaches & cream hollyhocks, hostas, and, I'm so excited, Sweet Annie.. I've had so much trouble finding those seeds. Thank you all, and thanks especially to Jeanne for hostessing!

• scratchits
    12 years ago

Hello,

I received my seeds yesterday and am so excited! There were a lot of seeds that I did not know about. I cannot wait to get started.

Thank you Jeanne for hosting and for the milk bone (chocolate too)! This was the first time I had joined the theme swap and it was a lot of fun.

Thank you!

Misty (scratchits)

• clc70
    12 years ago

Got my seeds today. My I have alot of work to do. Thanks Jeanne for doing such a wonderful job hosting, and for feeding my sweet tooth. Thanks everyone for the wonderful seeds. Connie.

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I'm glad the seeds are making their way to their new homes. There were some of the more unusual seeds this year so that was great - enough common varieties and unusual ones as well.
    The mail seems to be moving along quickly, but if someone doesn't have their seeds in another day or two, check the delivery confirmation numbers above. If for any reason someone doesn't receive their seeds, let me know!
    I hope I managed to put some candy in each envelope. I was trying to be careful to do that. (Riley got a dog biscuit because he was a theme! LOL)
    I winter sowed 16 milk jugs yesterday and today with more to follow. I know many are doing the same.
    If you don't already know about it, check out the Winter Sowing Forum here on GardenWeb. Winter sowing has always worked really well for me.

Jeanne

• alwaysagarden
    12 years ago

I received my seeds yesterday but didn't have time to post. Thank you so much to all the wonderful gardeners that participated! I love my selections and can't wait to winter sow. Thank you Jeanne for the wonderful note and yummy twix candy bar, and mostly for hosting and all your time and effort!
    Time to do some sorting and planting. :)

Cindy

• scratchits
    12 years ago

Hello,

I just wanted to say that I got a chuckle when I looked up sea holly, lion's ear, and when I saw what the goat beard seeds looked like. They really reminded me of Riley.

Here is a link that might be useful: Riley

• poisondartfrog
    12 years ago

Scratchits, Riley is too cute!

• barefootgardner12
    12 years ago

These are a few of the seeds I received for my themes:

Children's Garden: Morning Glory 'Flying Saucers', 'Cobra', 'Dinosaur' and 'Snake' Gourds, 'Fairytale' Eggplant, 'Monkey Flower'.
    Hot & Sweet: 'Marble', "Arbol', "Sweet Pimento' Peppers.
    Tutti-Frutti: Kiwi, Dianthus 'Raspberry Parfait', Scabiosa 'Summer Berries', Lantana 'Tangerine'.
    Veggie Blast: Thelma Sanders Sweet Potato Squash, Fantastic Filet Beans.
    Chocolate and Vanilla Fantasy: Canna 'Vanilla Ice', 'Blue Coco Pole Snap Beans, Antirrhinum (vanilla scented).

Thanks again everyone and Jeanne!

• sassybutterfly_2008
    12 years ago

Jeanne ~ Received my envy today, thank you so much for all that work you did to make this swap possible! I appreciate it very much! Oh, and the twix was a nice surprise too! :) Lasted all of oh, maybe 5 minutes..lol

Thanks to all of you for sending in your seeds as well. Time to start planning!! :)

~Wendy

• imabirdnut
    12 years ago

Jeanne, got my package a few days ago & wanted to let you know what a great job you did!!! I look forward to trying some new flowers I have never heard of!
    Thank you all for sending such great seeds for the themes I picked! I can't wait to plant them & with the temps we have been having lately...it won't be long until I can!
    Our weather is too unpredictable for winter sowing...we can have freezing temps & then the next day be in the 70s or 80s! I tried WSing a couple of times with little or no success because of it! I will cold stratify a few of the seeds & plant them all in March!
    Thank you all again & I look forward to growing the seeds!
    Take care,
    Lila aka 'imabirdnut'

• moonphase
    12 years ago

Jeanne,Thank You for all the hard work and the M&M's for my sweet tooth.You are a great host.Thanks to everyone,I received some awesome seeds.My grands are so excited over the ones for their animal garden and I now have a great variety for my veggie garden,thanks to you all.
    moonphase

• apoppyfield
    12 years ago

Thanks to everyone for all my seeds and to Jeannie for hosting. This was one of the best swaps I've participated in. apoppyfield

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21