Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flwrs4ever

UPDATE: Secret Santa Thread 5 Thank You's

flwrs4ever
9 years ago

Please post here your Thank you's ....Thanks again to ALL that joined and made this swap such fun !! Your holiday spirit has brought smiles all over the country :)

Comments (151)

• mastergarder2003
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

grdngramma Pam I got your pretty red card with a gold christmas tree on it today . Iam so thankful for 2 varitys of seed I wanted from my want list thank you so very much I love the pumpkin and the Beets Yummy.
    I sent you out your return card back thanks no name in it so I can recycle which I love to do. I hope you like your 3 paks from you want list too. Bon mastergarder2003 Happy new year in the garden soon.

• bumpydan65
    9 years ago

Today I received 3 snowmen the best way possible, on the front of a card! Lol, northern michigan hasn't seen a brown christmas in almost 20 years, but I got my christmas wish yesterday... yahoo! I've included a picture one of the beaches here in my hometown. Last year there was 4' of snow for christmas, but none this year! I love it!

Patricia/patrob sent a card with 3 snowmen on the front, and inside there were seeds for oregano and black-eyed susan vine. Thank You Patricia! You've kept my christmas going, thank you!

• Pmb2005
    9 years ago

Thank you Jayeanne for the Merry and Bright card with Lettuce Leaf Basil and Cucumber 'Burpless'! Hope you and yours are having a good holiday!

Your gardening friend,
    Promise :)

• roper2008
    9 years ago

I received two more cards today.

Thanks to faye (nottougly) for the cute santa card. In it is
    Spirea Japinica, zinnia's, and Marigold moonsong orange.
    I planted large yellow marigold last summer, this summer
    I'll plant these large orange ones. Will make good cut flower. Thanks faye

Second card is from Paula (paulan70). Wow, thanks for
    all these cardinal flower, red, white, and one might be
    blue. I thought red was the only color. I better get to
    wintersowing now. Thanks Paula

• xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
    9 years ago

Thank you!
    Cottonwood /Mary sent me a beautiful butterflies and poinsettias covered card with cosmos dbl click Rose Bonbon (commercial), Rudbeckia Spotlight (commercial) and Dames Rocket seeds. It's snowing right now, but a girl can dream!
    Paula sent me a card with 2 birds and cosmos mix, marigold red w/yellow edges and marigold mumsy.
    Thank you so much! The season just keeps on!
    My puppy is enjoying the bubble wrap!
    Heidi/xiangirl

• EricaBraun
    9 years ago

I received a nice, after-Christmas, surprise today from grdngramma! Thank you so much for the bur cucumber and ground cherries. The bur cucumber has been on my want list for a long time. I'm very excited. Thank you!

• terrigail_gw
    9 years ago

I hope everyone had a great Christmas!! (I'm now starting my rate and reviews for my very thoughtful and generous Secret Santas:)

• audrey_gw
    9 years ago

I received an abundance of goodies today from Karen (primrose1x3) including Anemone Robustissima, Lavatera thuringiaca, Rudbeckia Prairie Sun, Lychnis Lumina Red Bronze, Phlomis cashmeriana, Hesperis matronalis, Alcea Spring Celebrities, Dianthus Holborn Glory, Ipomoea Windmill Chocolate, and Ipomoea Cameo Elegance. And, here, I thought I'd already opened all my Christmas presents! Many thanks for your generosity, Karen!

• cryptid
    9 years ago

"Posted by terrigail 6b (My Page) on Fri, Dec 26, 14 at 20:09
    I hope everyone had a great Christmas!! (I'm now starting my rate and reviews for my very thoughtful and generous Secret Santas:)"

Holy criminey,...thanks for the memory reboot! I've got to do the same for quite a few people! I've only done, like, one or maybe two so far. When things get hyper and crazy around here I just sort of hit th' wall with a lot of things I should otherwise be doing not getting done.

• primrose1x3
    9 years ago

You're welcome, Audrey - glad to see that the 1st of the 14 cards I sent out last Monday are beginning to find their new homes.

I received Alana's/poisondartfrog's card today, and it sort of reminded me of that old galactic ship, Star Trek, with a cornucopia of seeds that will take me to horticultural places "boldly where no [gardener] has gone before lololol

Thank you Alana and to all - my garden will certainly never be the same after swapping with you.

• redthreaddiy
    9 years ago

Received 2 cards today.

Thank you grdngramma for the gold tree card with the Cayenne and Banana peppers, and the Big Max pumpkins!

Thanks sunnysouth36604 for the ornament card along with the luffa gourd seeds. They are fun to grow!

Merry Christmas :)

• grdngramma
    9 years ago

I haven't had access to a workable computer for a week or more so I'm just now starting on my thank you's, apologize for the delay. And I got so many wonderful things, this may take several posts.

Willy sent me a HUGE amount of seeds: Sweet rocket, improved long green cucumbers, rainbow swiss chard, red romaine lettuce, jack-o-lantern pumpkins, san marzano tomatoes, early Harris parsnips, blue lake bush beans, early wonder beets, lunar white carrots, flat dutch cabbage, cantaloupe, sweet basil, orange bell sweet peppers, red creole onion, floridade tomatoes, dwarf blue kale, Anaheim chili peppers, American purple top rutabagas, and cosmic purple carrots. Zoweee!!!! That's my whole garden in one envelope!!! Many many thanks.

Sinbad'smom sent a sparkly seashell card with thermopsis caroliniae, orange/yellow columbine and pink/white columbine. My granddaughters love to help me garden and they love the flowers, and columbines do grow well here in zone 4.

Sunnysouth36604 sent me a card with white ornaments on a sparkly card and some luffa gourd seeds. I think luffas are fascinating, very glad to get these.

Amberroses sent a card with a wreath and NOEL, and inside were litchi tomatoes, which was one of the things I wanted most. I had 5 plants going good last year, then had early frost before they could bear fruit, so thankful for these.

Belden4 sent a very cool cut-out homemade card with candy cane zinnias, moulin rouge sunflowers and sensation mix cosmos. A lot of work went into this, very much appreciated. I do well with all of these.

Will post more later, have plenty more to be thankful for.

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    9 years ago

Primrose1x3... thank you so much for the cute kitty-cat card and 9 seed packs from my GW want list! Incredibly generous and thoughtful of you. :) Thank you! I now have something on your GW want list, so I'm going to end it in a New Year's greeting, because you are AWESOME!

Sheri

• lorabell_gw
    9 years ago

Thanks to redthreaddiy for the lovely card and seeds. Love in a puff vine, lions ear, and Christmas pepper, very, very cool, I'm the one who sent a card/seeds to you without signing it! Old age is the suspected cause.

And thanks to Nicole as well for the Santa card and seeds of hibiscus luna white and liatris floristan white, I appreciate them! Plan on starting my spring seeds inside next week ... Am in the growing mood for sure!

• Jaime
    9 years ago

Sorry for the delay. I have many thank yous to post. Will get them up this evening. Hands have been full with bottle feeding puppies and fighting morning sickness all day long. But a great big thank you to everyone. I have received a great assortment of seeds to things I never knew I wanted. :)

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

What kind of puppies? I have four 2 week old kittens here.

• mastergarder2003
    9 years ago

Lexiegurl Dawn, wow what a nice Snow man card and full of veggies which I love so pretty and nice packaged too.I love lettuce and cant wait to google some of these tomatos,Diva cuke got to look those up too.and the Beit Alpha cukes too.I love my beets gonn se if albino is white thinking will see I love them all. THANK YOU Bon Happy new year too Iam going to look at your list to see if there is something I have you might like too. for 2015 garden.
    I keep thinking this will be my last card and SURPRIZE so exciting this swap is.

• xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
    9 years ago

Nicole Bluee9 thank you so much for the fun envelope that came today! Santa's pack was full (and the bubble wrap was smashed flat). Evidently Santa hit some turbulence. What wonderful creative things you sent me. I'm having such fun!
    {{gwi:2133963}}
    Heidi

• sunnysouth36604
    9 years ago

I hope it's o.k. to post this.... Look what I got for Christmas.... It's an organizer.... What better to do on a cool rainy day ..... organize your seeds. Almost finished labeling my veggies. Then do herbs and flowers. This is a TERRIFIC gift. It's from www.mycouponkeeper.com . Want be long and I'll be planting spring seed.

Thank you again for the seed exchange.

WonderWeasel: I'm looking forward to planting the 2 black tomatoes I received....

Dawn M: Thank you for the terrific package of seed. I have my WHOLE garden covered for the year.....

• Jaime
    9 years ago

Cottonwood- they are pit bull puppies.

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    9 years ago

Lexiegurl...thank you so much for all the awesome seeds and sparkly snowman card you sent me! Such a generous amount of awesome, rare seed varieties. I'm sending you a New year's card and some of my hot weather favorites. I think you'll love them, because I do. :) Thank you so much!

Sheri

• cryptid
    9 years ago

From lexiegurl (Dawn) - A nice, wintery, glittery "Let it Snow!" card. :)

Seeds:

Tularosa Market Melon - 85 days" Although this melon was originally grown in the Tularosa Basin of Southern New Mexico for the local farmer's markets, it
    does very well for us here in the Northern Willamette Valley of Oregon. The fruits have rinds that are pale-yellow with green spots and vary in weight from three to nine pounds. Their flesh is pale-orange, tender, sweet and juicy. Although the rinds are thick, allowing them to be shipped to market, like many older heirloom melon varieties, they have a limited shelf-life and are best consumed shortly after harvesting. (Oh boy! Another new melon to try!)

Dixie Queen Watermelon - 80 days. Pre-1935 variety, round in shape, can grow up to 50 lbs. Flesh is brilliant red, solid, and of a fine flavor. Skin is striped dark green and greenish ivory; uniform in shape, size, color and quality. (Can't wait to try this puppy, too!)

Tomato, Matt's Wild Cherry - These small, 5 gm., cherry tomatoes are deep red, have a tender, smooth texture, and sweet, full flavor. High sugar content. Though
    the flavor is superior, it doesn't yield as well as modern varieties, and the fruits are soft. Fantastic in salsa and for fresh eating. Some resistance to early blight and late blight. (We're definitely, absolutely wild about all varieties of tomatoes, especially the cherry types for salads and veggie platters)

White Currant Tomato - 70-75 days. Treat yourself to one of the most unique and sweetest tasting tomato varieties known. The tiny fruit are half the size of a
    cherry tomato and grow in nice heavy clusters. Creamy-white in color with just a tinge of yellow. Deliciously sweet, a favorite of many trial ground visitors. Indeterminate.

Tomato, Pink Currant - 60 days, indeterminate" Although red-colored currant tomatoes have been available for many years, pink-fruited currants are fairly rare. 'Ted's Pink' currant abundantly supplies fruits that are about one-half inch in diameter, sweet and mild, that are a beautiful pink color.

In general, currant tomatoes are very productive, very hardy, start producing early and continue until freezing temperatures arrive in the fall. They have a sprawling growth habit that is not easily tamed by tomato baskets nor by using the Florida weave method. Either leave them to their wild, rambling habit, or allow them to climb a lattice of livestock panel.

Note: Although these are a different species from garden tomatoes, they will readily cross with other tomatoes. If you are saving seed, isolate these plants.

Tomato, Yellow Currant - 60 days. Petite, delicious yellow tomatoes that grow in abundance. The tiny, round, yellow ½" fruits are produced in abundance on vigorous indeterminate plants. Large trusses hold easy-to-harvest clusters of fruit. With strong, sweet-tart flavor and firm, juicy texture, the little yellow tomatoes are perfect for salads.

Tomato, Fahrenheit Blues - Indeterminate. 65-75 days. A spectacular cherry tomato with intense blue coloration! Fahrenheit Blues bears nice sized cherry
    fruits in clusters of 8-16, with fruits ripening to a dark blue color with red beneath. Fruits take on a very rich color in intense sun. Very good flavor for a blue variety too! Originated from the well-known tomato breeder Tom Wagner. (Holy Katz, this one is really, really kewl!!)

Tomato, Solanum Spontaneum - This is an unusual little vegetable. It is related to the tomato and looks like a miniature tomato plant. Each plant produces hundreds of tiny, very sweet orange fruits. They are of excellent flavour eaten raw or made into sauces or used in salads. The plants only grow a few inches high and do really well planted in the ground outside. They seem to be more resistent to blight than tomato plants. so if you want to grow a cherry tomato type tomato outside this year without worry of blight, then this is the one for you.

Dawn, thank you extremely much for such a wonderful, unique selection of tomato and melon seeds! Totally rippin' kewl! :)

This post was edited by cryptid on Sat, Dec 27, 14 at 18:00

• kchd
    9 years ago

I just returned from visiting with family in NOLA for the holidays. I came home to find the mailbox stuffed full of SSS cards! While I was there, I saw some amazing christmas lights on display. Ones on live oaks were incredible!

pinkiris, Jayeanne, sent a very cute snowman card and seeds of 4 different leafy greens. I should be able to plant these in February.

roper2008, Linda, sent 2 different types of lettuce and purple butterflypea vine. Can't wait to grow these, too.

patrob, Patricia, sent 3 different species of Penstemon inside another glittery snowman card. I love penstemon but don't have near enough of them. Can't wait to grow these out for some massive areas packed full of these.

pseudacris_crucifer, Chris, sent Pycnanthemum virginiana and Asclepias sulivantii. Can't wait to grow both of these natives!

redthreaddiy, Katie, sent a Santa card with seeds of Rouge vif d'Etamps pumpkin, straightneck summer squash, and crisp mint lettuce seeds!

jhgarden9, Judy, sent a very cure snowman card and Delphinium seeds. Thank you for sharing these, Judy!

Thank you to you all for sharing seeds and good holiday cheer!

• amberroses
    9 years ago

It's still Christmas here!

Thank you patrob for the singing snowmen card and the cranberries cosmos and mahogany midget coreopsis. I'm confident these will do well in my garden and make everything prettier.

Thank you Paula for my snowman in front of house card. It reminds me of winters up north long ago. Thanks also for the cosmos mix and mahogany midget coreopsis. What I really wanted for Christmas was even more flowers in my garden. You and the other garden santas are helping me do this.

• SusieQsie_Fla
    9 years ago

I got two more cards right before Christmas, which made it an even better holiday this year for me! Yotetrapper Angela, I want to thank you for sending me the flowers seeds and beans - and thank you for sharing such nice ones and so many.

And thank you Katie RedThreadDIY for the huge stash that completed my wish list - so many packs of different butterfly flowers and tomato varieties! Astounding! I am also thrilled to discover that you're my GardenHoard friend.

I so appreciate both of you ladies' generosity.

Susie

• smitties
    9 years ago

I received three cards yesterday with some great contents.

Thanks to Nicole/Bluee19 for the cotton seeds and the cute seed packets.

Thanks for Mary/cottonwood468 for the poached egg plant seeds.

and thanks to Karen primrose1x3 for the red plume gaillardia, Alcea rosea spring celebrities, Cosmos cranberries, salvia sea scape, dianthus raspberry, petunia sophistica blackberry, and zinnia Aztec burgunday bicolor.

I am so looking forward to planting all these seeds this spring. What a great selection.

Margo

• lexiegurl09
    9 years ago

I have some more people to thank for my cards I received. These cards I received Christmas Eve and yesterday.

From grdngramma a nice red and gold card with a Christmas tree on the front out of gold (it looks homemade to me :) ) and inside were cantaloupe seeds and black diamond watermelon seeds. They sound really good and I love to try new melons! thank you!

From Judy (jhgarden9) a pretty wreath card and inside Japanese long eggplant, honeydew, and indigo rose tomato (yay! Another blue one to try!) thank you Judy!

From Angela (yotetrapper) a nice winter scene card with Cherokee Trail of tears beans, mix color bell peppers, and Jenny Lind melon (gonna have to look that one up). Thank you Angela!

From Katie (redthreaddiy) a cute snowman card with lots of seeds inside. Included were little finger carrot, crisp mint lettuce, golden California wonder pepper, national pickling cucumber, goose creek tomato, Czechs excellent yellow tomato, blooms dale spinach, Long Island improved Brussels sprouts, tollis sweet Italian pepper, black diamond watermelon, Minnesota midget cantaloupe, and coyote tomato. Several varieties are new to me and I am excited to try. I will also check out your website Katie. Thank you so much!!

I can't wait to get all my seeds started after the new year. I always love this swap and have gotten many new to me varieties that I am excited to try. I think I am going to be making my garden bigger to be able to plant all of these great seeds. Thank you so much everyone!

Dawn

• tessie83856
    9 years ago

Time for me to catch up on my thank yous.

yotetrapper sent "Ruby" snapdragons in a card with Bavarian looking building-really pretty. Thank you Angela

dem-pa sent his cute button card with 5 kinds of beans and some red zinnias. They will go with the red snapdragons. Thanks Don

cghpnd sent a cute homemade card with a snowman. She sent seeds of asters, pink milkweed, purple datura, toothache plant, and bird house gourds. Thank you Chrystal

patrob sent me white and purple liatris which I had on my wish list. The seeds were sent in a card with three snowmen singing.
    Thank you Patricia

wonderweasel sent a Santa card with three more hot peppers, Jaloro Golden Jalapeno, Bolivian Rainbow, and Hot Paper Lantern. Will have to do some research on these. Thank you Jordan

mastergarder2003 sent a glittery thank you card and seeds of pink yarrow and green onion scallions. Thank you Bonnie

It will be awhile before I can plant anything, it snowed today, 4 to 5 inches of heavy snow. Great for a snowman.

Thank you to Kym for hosting this exchange, it has been great fun.

• sinbadsmom
    9 years ago

Good morning all! Okay my turn, first of all let me apologize for being so late with this thank you. Like most of you I got overwhelmed with Christmas. Just got back late yesterday from visiting my family out in NY. I find I have many more cards than I realized! Won't get all the thanks done this morning and the cards aren't in order as to their arrival.
    First of all thank you LIsa! Ishareflowers! awesome, and I had such a great visit to your yard this past summer!

Pinkiris wonderful seeds thank you so much for the delphinium and the zinnia.

Betty, sorry don't seem to have a garden name thank you for the delphinium, I just so love these plants!

Margo, Smitties love the delphiniums !
    Okay that's all for this morning, have more cards to go through! Thank you all this was a nice Christmas gift!

• cghpnd
    9 years ago

Im really happy. :)
    Thank you Katie (kchd) for the card and milkweed! I have been searching for the uncommon milkweed for a while now. Thank u for your generosity for sharing your seeds with me even though you did not have many of these seeds to begin with. Your so awesome. I can't wait to get them started.
    I have been searching for asclepias viridis and asclepias amplexicaulis for the longest time of the them all :)
    thanks!
    Meanwhile i came in from work last Night to see my son did this. ((In the pic))
    He put all the cards up n put the seeds in the little tree.
    Love the idea but. ....i didn't even open the cards that came yesterday. So I'll have to go through them n give my thanks.
    (If you received seeds labelled 'monarch love' thats me.
    That's my fb name. My son was helping me sort and all that great stuff, and got mixed up with the SSS ... sorry for the confusion)

Hope everyone had an amazing Christmas.
    After an eventful day Tuesday i got my present (my youngest son)
    The starter on my truck needed to be replaced. Found that out the minute i was supposed to make my 10 hour (round trip) drive to pick my son up from Pittsburgh.
    Luckily my other sons father rented me a car to pick him up.
    Made it to Pittsburgh n back to Va within a 12 hour period. Traffic was horrible due to the fog in the mountains.

A mechanic we meet during a tree removal job estimate came to replace the starter on Christmas day. I was so overwhelmed with great-fullness that it brought some kind of joy in my Heart that I've never felt before.
    Between all this good stuff and all of you, I'm feeling alot of peace within. You gardeners are awesome! The most generous and thoughtful ppl out there. :D
    I hope everyone got everything they wanted. :D

This post was edited by cghpnd on Sun, Dec 28, 14 at 14:41

• Melinda Hagen
    9 years ago

An absolutely beautiful card came from Cottonwood/Mary today and had german chamomile! I am thrilled ! Thanks so very much! Melinda

• gardengirl37232
    9 years ago

I got a poinsettia card today from Ruby_Dog with three packs of seeds that I am looking forward to planting. I am especially looking forward to the dahlias. Than you so much, Betsy!

• pseudacris_crucifer
    9 years ago

Merry belated Christmas!

I got a trowel, nose flute, books, heirloom bush bean seeds, and monster hands temporary tattoos. My friends and family really know what I like.

I also got some more cards int he mail.

grdngramma send dill and purple tomatillos. I see pickles and salsa in my future.

lexigurl sent a great owl card packed with goodies: violet jasper tomato, bibb lettuce, parris island cos lettuce, chocolate cherry tomato, and taller is kale.

roper2008 sent tomatillos, black from tula tomato, and aunt bea's pole bean.

thank you to everyone for a great set of seeds. towards the beginning of the swap I thought it was slower than years past, but it has really picked up. Thanks Kym for scheduling the mailing to stretch out the season.

• jas_il
    9 years ago

More wonderful cards for me,

lexiegurl, sent me cute sparkly snowman card with 10 packs of seeds wow! These are, Fat cherry tomato, amana orange Tomato (pretty), Scarlet gem tomato, Black zebra tomato, Red current tomato, sunbright Pepper, Yolo wonder Pepper, Cimarron Lettuce (cool), taller is kale, and tendergreen mustard spinach. I have green zebra tomato so black zebra would be very interesting to try. Love them all and many of them are new for me. Can't wait to try them. Thank you so much.

Paula, sent me pretty cardinal bird wreath card with 7 packs of seeds wow! These are red/yellow edge Marigold, Petunia mix (awesome), Lettuce salad bowl, Lettuce paris Island cos, Salvia 'lady in red', Mumsy Marigold mix (love it), Lettuce royal red (cool). Love them all specially very excited about Marigold mumsy and Petunias. I love lettuces too and grow every year. can't wait to try them. Thank you so much.

Primrose 1x3, sent me Noel card with 10 Packs of seeds and many of them commercial packs (wow!). These are salvia farinacea seascape', Dahlia 'sunny reggae', foxglove (digitalis purpurea), Petunai 'sophistica blackberry' (love it), Alcear Rosea 'spring celebrity' (wow), Beet 'bulls blood', Torenia 'Duchess burgundy' (wow), Papaver 'white cloud' (pretty), Papaver orientale 'princes victoria' (love it) and Eschscholzia californica "Mission Bells'. Thank you so much for sending me many of my favorite seeds from my want. Love them all can't wait to start them. Thank you.

• grdngramma
    9 years ago

Some more thank you's - some of these didn't use their gardenweb names on the cards, hope I'm not breaking any rules using your names:

Wilsha B. sent a santa and snowman card with cosmos, columbines and cleome, three of my favorite "C" words.

Socalgardengal sent a sparkly neighborhood card with some tall ironweed, borage, rocky mountain columbine and magpie aquilegia vulgaris - gotta look that one up. Most excellent.

Kacheu U. sent a cool cut-out ho-ho-ho card with red columbines and cerinthemajor purpurascens "blue shrimp" - again, gotta look that up too. I'm learning lots and lots, many thanks.

onedaylilly sent a Christmas village type card with gysophila, borage, violet queen cleome, ironweed and "miss jeckyll blue" nigella. Sounds interesting!!

flowergirl134 sent a very unique foldup card of a Christmas city skyline and herbstonne rudbeckia, leprechaun columbines, and pine/white columbines. My mother always loved columbines, very glad to be getting these.

ilovefaroc sent a Christmas tree card with cleome and sunset giant marigolds. My yard is going to be the envy of the neighborhood.

Nottoughly sent a layered cutout ornaments card with cleome spider flower, and moonsong orange marigolds. I had tried cleome last year and was impressed with how tall and showy they were, very glad to get these.

Rubydog sent a santa card with pink/white mix gomphrena (these make wonderful dried potpourri), mixed columbines and snowdrift marigolds.

Paula N. sent a card with a Christmas tree inside a snow globe with mumsy marigold mix, cosmos mix, mahongey midget coreopsis, and red marigolds with yellow edges. I like to plant a lot of marigolds because of their flashy colors and their natural bug repellant.

And last but not least, pseudacris-crucifer sent a gold nativity card with liatris and ironweed. Have almost everything on my list now.

Many thanks to all, hope I didn't forget anyone, my granddaughters were sorting through and enjoying my collection and think they may have misplaced a card or two, my apologies if I left anyone out.

• dem_pa
    9 years ago

A few more thank yous.

From msire a " Winter Scene" Christmas card. Inside was a commercial pack of "Blue Boy" bachelor button seed. I love bachelor buttons. Thank you.

From grdngramma a Christmas Tree Christmas card. Inside were seeds of Walla Walla heirloom onions and bachelor buttons. I love both of them. Thank you.

From Paulan70 A Christmas tree/fireplace Christmas card. Inside were seeds for moss rose, columbine mix, onion "evergreen long white bunching", cosmos mix, sweet Spanish yellow Utah jumbo onion, Royal red lettuce, Parris Island cos lettuce. I love all of them. Thank you.

From roper2008 a polar bear wearing a Santa Hat Christmas card. Inside were seeds for "Fish" pepper, yellow Mexican sunflower , Mexican sunflower "Goldfinger", cosmos "Celebration in Pink", coral nymph salvia, German red strawberry tomato, Melrose pepper, rudbeckia hirta "Orange Fudge", coreopsis "Red Shift". I love all of them. Thank you.

• sji1981
    9 years ago

A big thank you to:

l1oness - for nice reindeer card with Tomato Perth Pride. Thank you!

Primrose 1x3 - for baby Jesus NOEL card with several packs of wonderful seeds and most of them are commerial packs. These are Alcea rosea ' spring celebrity', Arabis alpine caveasiea, Schizanthus ' tinkerbell', Zinnia heegeana aztec burgundy bicolor, Beet 'bulls blood', Digitalis purpurea, Zinnia profusion pink, Dahlia 'Sunny Reggae', and Ageretum white. I am very much excited to see these many of my wants fulfilled. Thank you so much.

lexiegurl (Dawn) - for cute Christmas tree and snoman card with Floridade tomato, georgia collard, Pink currant tomato, Gypsy tomato, Missisippi purple hull cowpea, Cero blackburn tomato, long green improved cucumber, pink stuffer tomato and thesalonik tomato. Many of the tomatoes are new to me. Love all of them and can't wait to try them. Thank you so much.

• nlb52
    9 years ago

got 2 more wonderful cards over weekend from Msivic and pinkivis , thanks for making the Holiday Season much brighter . Cant wait till its time to plant .

• Ruby_Dog
    9 years ago

Two more cards came today! Jayeanne / pinkiris sent a pretty, sparkly card with Scabiosa 'Isaac House Blend,' Penstemon 'Dark Towers,' and Zinnia 'Bright Jewels Cactus.' I'll have to look the first and last up, but they all sound right up my alley, and from my wishlist. Thank you!

Alana / poisondartfrog sent a winterberry snow scene card containing poppies 'Double Dusty Rose' and 'Giant Double Cream.' These sound just gorgeous-thanks and I'm glad we are past the solstice now and the days are slowly getting longer.

Happy new year to you both and to everyone participating!

Betsy

• socalgardengal
    9 years ago

Hope everyone had a great Christmas!
    Thank you to Sheri(panhandle seed swap) for the overly stuffed Christmas card. Wonderful variety of peppers and Christmas Lima beans. Happy New Year Sheri!

Thank you to Dawn( lexigurl) for the pepper & tomato seeds! I'm going to have a great salsa garden this year! Happy New Year Dawn!

Thank you to Paul(fommy15) for a little bit of everything! He sent peppers, flowers,beans, squash and Dill. I use Dill like it's going out of style! Happy New Year Paul!

Thank you to Judy(jhgarden9) She added Hatch hot 7 and Kumato tomatoes to my salsa garden.Happy New Year Judy!

Thank you to Laura(lorabell) for the HOT peppers! I love 'em hot! Happy New Year Laura!

Thank you all so very much! I have some peppers & tomatoes to get started this week!
    HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

• socalgardengal
    9 years ago

I did my Rate & reviews of all my Secret Santas this year! Thank you all again! Now to update my want list since I received soooo many of them! :) Thank you Thank you Thank you!

• roper2008
    9 years ago

Thank you Sheri (Panhandle_Seed_Swap) for the wonderful
    seeds. Love them all. Will try the cherry roma next summer.
    Can't wait!

• Melinda Hagen
    9 years ago

A beautiful winter card with birds on it came today from Paula. It had columbine mix, petunia mix, and blue salvia! Thank you so very much!
    Melinda

• bluee19
    9 years ago

Thank YOU miss nottougly for sending me a Santa Claus Card/Obedient Plant seed. I appreciate being thought of and glad my mailbox is still getting HAPPY Mail. Take care!

• sahmjay
    9 years ago

omg i received a card from lisa b. today. she made my day! eryngium giganteum silver ghost seeds! i've been looking for these and contemplated ordering them in spring! some nasturtium and geranium pyrenicum. i'm sooo happy right now. thank you!!

• Pmb2005
    9 years ago

Betsy (Ruby-Dog), Thank you for the lovely snowmen card and seeds! It really lifted my spirits today. Happy Holiday's to you!

• Kachana
    9 years ago

Another shout of THANK YOU my Secret Santa. This time it's from Lisa/ishareflower! She sent me the cutest owl Christmas card with lots of glitter (LOVE the glitters and the owls!), and inside, there were SIX packs of really neat seeds! They are

1. Coconut Scented Geranium: Wow, I'm very excited to try these flowers as I love coconut scent (and coconut as food too)

2. Salvia Pink Jewel: These will be companion for my red Salvia

3. Green Tails Amaranthus: Looking forward to seeing and eating these LOL.

4. Petunia Daddy Blue: Finally something blue to add to my garden.

5. Dianthus Spooky: Sounds intriguing!

6. Ageratum Leilani Blue: Had to google this one, and WOW, I'm in love!

Look at the gorgeous card! Owl illustrations are my favs! Thanks, Lisa, for spoiling me with these unique seeds. Happy New Year and happy gardening!
    {{gwi:2133964}}

• jas_il
    9 years ago

grdngramma, sent me shiny Christmas tree card with slicing cucumber, Jalapeno pepper, mixed sweet pepper, Mixed marigold and mixed zinnia seeds. Love every thing and can't wait to start them. Thank you so much.

• gardengirl37232
    9 years ago

I got a really lovely snowman card today from jhgarden9 with some brussel sprout seeds that I have been wanting. Thank you so much, Judy! It was originally stamped postage due but the post office must have changed their mind and crossed it out.

If anyone had to pay extra postage on my cards, please set me know and I will take care of it. Thank you!

• l1oness
    9 years ago

6th post is open:
    http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/roundrobin/msg120724236548.html?25

This post was edited by l1oness on Thu, Jan 1, 15 at 15:24