Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
NEW: 4th annual whats left on my want list swap

Posted by pattygrow5 z6Pa (pattygrow5@yahoo.com) on
Sun, Dec 7, 08 at 21:05

Here I am it's that time again.I actually am a little late this year We all have want lists of those elusive seeds this is a swap to try to empty those lists. here are the rules in this swap
first we all sign-up I will take sign-ups until December 27th

then you have to update your want list

then you can check everyones lists only seeds that are on peoples want lists are to be sent to make it easier for me mark who the seeds are for make sure you keep checking for the members who sign up all the way to the 27th so no one gets left out

then you can send the seeds to me I will get them back within a week of getting the last persons seeds the deadline for sending will be the 15th of January.This was great last year we all seem to get a lot of our wants.
I am making a limit of 200 packs this year because I don,t send duplicates it's hard with that many sent

As soon as I get your sign-up I will e-mail you .
Hoping to hear from all of you.
Patty

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: NEW: 4th annual whats left on my want list swap

Hi Patty! So glad you are having this fun swap again! I was starting to worry we wouldn't hear from you...but now I'm excited. Please sign me up - this is one of the best swaps on GW!

Thanks! - Lisa

o

• Posted by rbrady 5/Eastern Ia (My Page) on
    Sun, Dec 7, 08 at 21:38

Hi Patty! Count me in on this one again. It was great last year. One of my favorites.

Rhonda

o

Hello Patty! Long time no hear! I'm in. This is a great swap!

Sue G.

o

Hi Patty,

I would like to give this swap a try. I will update my list in the meantime. I have been receiving many of my wants in the Santa Swap, so I will take any off that I receive.

Thanks for the fun, Amy

o

Wow you gals found this quick one more thing if your e-mail is blocked thru gardenweb e-mail me with your e-mail address so I can get back to you personally Amy(morguegirl)
I don't have your e-mail it is blocked thru gardenweb thanks
Patty

o

Hi Patty,

I just checked my E-Mail and it seems okay. Want to try it again?

Thanks, Amy

o

I will try this one! It was great before! Melinda

o

I'm game too, please sign me up.
Thanks,
Fran

o

Please add me to the list!
Alana

o

I'm in - THANKS -

Deb

o

This is new to me but sign me up! It sounds like fun. Sybil

o

hello
I would like to join this one
I will up date my list soon
michelle

o

I'm in! Sign me up!

o

Woo-Hoo!!!!! I am so in!!! I looked forward to this all year! Last years was the first swap I ever did, and I had such a blast! I LOVE this swap! Thanks so much Patty for doing this again!!!!:)

I am off to email a few people the link to this,I see Deb has already found it....Deb,you will love this,it is so much fun!:)

Anyone reading this and considering it...DO IT!!!! You will not regret it!! :)

o

Sounds like fun! Please count me in!
Diana

o

Please sign me up. I'm new to the swaps, but I participated in the Santa Swap and it was awesome!

o

I'm in! I'm fairly new to trading and this will be my first swap, but I'm game! :)

o

Patty can I make a suggestion? :) Last year we all did a bunch of updating of our want lists up to the last minute,this was so much fun and the part I am most looking forward too, I hope we all do it again this time around. But,do you think that it could be mentioned that it would be a good idea to add the new additions to the end of the existing list? For example:

Seeds I am Looking for:
daisies
lilies
scabiosa
ect...

New Additions as of 12-04-08:
irises
grasses
ect..

New additions as of 12-08-08:
pansies
begonias
ect...

I really think it would make it easier to pin point the new additions to want lists we have already gone through,and save us all a bit of time.What do you think?
There are already a great group of people that joined! Wonder how many will join this year? Did I mention I am super excited about this swap?...lol..
:D

o

I would love to be included.
Myriah

o

does the 200 packet limit mean that if 40 people sign up, they can only send 5 pkts each in?

o

Janine,everyone can send in up to 200 packs each!:)

o

OH BOY! I CAN sign up this year! Thanks for running a little late Patty!
I am so looking forward to joining in this exchange!!

Julie

o

Hi all Angie thats a great idea because the list checking is so time consuming(but my favorite part)
welcome to all I will get an e-mail to all of you I haven't and make an updated list of all participants each night.
Julie I am so glad you could make it this year but when I posted I noticed your swap was closed I haven't been on gardenweb much lately and was so depressed to find I missed your swap. Angie I think Julies was the best swap last year next year please e-mail me so I don't miss it.

Angie is right it is 200 packs per person I had someone send 500 last year.It is hard to find that many different things to send.
I will post later tonight.
Patty

o

This sounds great Patty! I'm hosting another swap right now but I just can't resist this one! lol Count me in please!

Thanks!
~Wendy

o

holy mackerel! sign me up, please!
janine

o

Like the sounds of that Janine? I knew this would grab your interest!;)...lol..

Wow Patty! We are 20 players so far! A good amount of people in such a short time! I cant imagine how many we will be by the 27th!:D

Well, I am off to get everyone in bed so I can get some wishing done!;)

o

Ok ther are a few of you girls who have your e-maills blocked thru gardenweb so if these 3 could e-mail me directly at pattygrow5@yahoo.com I will them e-mail you my little welcome and directions letter
jworth
duodecad
sissifriss
julie I had your e-mail address
thanks girls.
Patty

o

This sounds like so much fun.Please sign me up...Velvet

o

Wow, Angie told me about this round robin and it sounds awesome. Please add me to the list.

Since this is only my second RR I have a question (feeling like such a newbie)...do we need to update our Garden Web want list or will we post a want list like we did for the Secret Santa RR?

Thanks so much for organizing this for everyone...it is so exciting,
Pam

o

This sounds like great fun. Please count me in!

Nancy
Dancing in the Garden

o

Hi all, I'm finally getting back into the swing of things after all the family drama as of late. I'd LOVE to do this swap as I've heard so many wonderful things about it from Angie!

I've got to finish up getting some trade together tonight and out tomorrow, but other than that - it's off to update my list for this swap and chill on other trades for a bit!

Woohoo! Fun stuff!

Diana

o

Hi Patty, I would like to give this swap a try. At first glance, I do not see too many things that I can send in. So, this may be the smallest contribution ever for me in a swap. I will go over each list closer and see what I can find. Thanks, Patty

o

Hi Patty,
This is absolutely my favorite seed swap, and I really look forward to it every year. Please add me to the list of participants. My "want" list is way out of date, but I will start updating it right away. Thank you!

o

patty b, I was a newbie last year when I joined this swap. I was really afraid I was going to have a hard time coming up with 30,After all was said and done,I was able to send in over 200!!!!! I was in disbelief! You will see by the 27th,people have so much more on their want lists,you will more than likely hit that 200 pack mark! :)

I am so happy to see so many awesome people here already! I have a feeling this year it is going to be much bigger than last,it is probably a good idea Patty put a 200 pack limit on us!..lol...

We are now at 26 players! This thread isn't even 48 hours old yet! Woo Hoo! :)

o

Hi every one,how does this swap work?
Do we all send one person 200 packs?
Sorry,every one seems to know,but me.:0( i would like to be a part of this one,it sounds like it was fun for every one last year,but i need to know how it worked, i know i do not have 200 packs of seeds right now,lol
Carol

o

Hi Carol! :)
We each can send in up to 200 hundred packs. We send them all to Patty,she separates them and distributes them.I don't know what the minimum is,but you don't have to send 200 if you don't have them,but you will be surprised in what you can come up with! :)
This is a great swap,I am glad to see you are here! You will have loads of fun and get some of those wants! :) Just remember to update your want list and take those ones you just received in the SSSS off your list! ;)
Patty will be in touch soon I am sure with the details,for now,go browse and find some wants to put on your list,go crazy,load it up! :D

o

Hello Fellow Gardeners,

Please sign me up too! This is a wonderful swap!

Happy Holidays,
Jodi B.

o

You all sound so enthusiastic I have to join in!
Happy holidays to everyone. Thanks Patty.

Annette playintheyard

o

Hey there ya'll-
This is sure to be a great swap!! I can just tell!! So many enthusiastic people!!
Say Patty I have a question for you- when we send in the seeds- should we put the seed packets into separate baggies, or taped onto separate pieces of paper - for the different members? That way you can just plunk them right into the return envelope?? Or should we put the players name on the packets?
Also, I am very sorry you missed the sign up for the RUNV swap- It is always a pleasure to have return players- as well as new folks joining in the fun every year. I do send out a note to past players and interested folks usually the day I post it in the forum usually the beginning of November. I did not get an error message- I wonder if it ended up in the spam filter... I do have you on the list already to send a note at sign up time next year-
Thanks for hosting this swap- I have wanted to be a part of this one for a while now!!
Yeah!!

Julie

o

Patty ~ Just wanted to let you know I rec'd your email and addy, thanks so much!!

Hugs,
Wendy

o

Hi Patty,

Sign me up! I wouldn't miss this swap for anything.

Ginger

o

I want to join, too! Is there any rules like you send in blank number of packets and get that same amount back or just whoever you can match to their wants, great, and vice versa? I just want to be clear as I wasn't around for last year's swap. I'm also running low on extra stuff so I may not match up to everyone in the group, you know?

Blessings,
Angela

o

hello
I have updated my trade page and will try not to change my wants on you :)
I have also updated my haves list so if you see something you want please e-mail me and I will send it in marked for you.
I look forward to paroosing(SP CK PLS) your lists, I hope to have lots to send in for my fellow seeders.
michelle

o

Hi Gals I have e-mailed everone so far with rules except people who have e-mails blocked thru gardenweb if you didn't get a welcome note then e-mail me at pattygrow5@yahoo.com and I will send it to you.
Angela we only send the seeds on other peoples list only a few people have something for everyone.
The best part of this swap is seeing what you have from each persons want list.
Angie there is no minimum but the more you send for others the more you get back in past years people who sent small amounts usually got more things sent for them and they have to be distributed to others I do however throw a few extras packs in everyones.I add lots of my own seeds(but beleive me I am as my family calls me the crazy seed lady I have plenty more).
In the next day I will put a list of all the players with a number next to their name it sometimes helps.
Julie there are many ways people separate them for who they go to some use envelopes, some little ziplocs some staple the tops of the seed bags and your taping them to paper is a good idea just remember I have to go thru and see what is there because I don't send doubles unless someone actually requests it.
Angie we have 30 already and I didn't even e-mail regulars who haven't signed up yet as Angie says WOO HOO.
Remember if you didn't get an e-mail e-mail me directly.
Patty

o

Boy this group just keeps getting bigger and better every day! I am so glad to see so many from the SSSS swap here,I wasn't able to send to everyone that joined that swap and was feeling badly about it,but I have an opportunity to send to you guys through this swap! Woo Hoo!:D
This year I am going to make things much easier on myself,I made packets up last year just for this swap,this year there will be none of that...lol...I was folding seed packets longer than I was packing seeds...lol..Now especially that we are already up to the amount of people we had in total last year,I am going to use the little ziploc bags.I also wanted to let everyone know I started a list of the players and links to their pages,if anyone would like a copy of it,let me know via email and I will send it to you.:)

Patty,I cannot believe we are at 30 already! This is awesome! I didn't email everyone I wanted to just yet either! I know a few more people that would really enjoy this swap,I am going to go ahead and do a couple more emails today. So far just about everyone I emailed the link to has joined! :)

I have been working on my want list. The want list I have now is current,but I will be adding a boat load more over the next few days and will probably update up to the deadline...lol..I will post as I do this of course and will be adding any new additions to the end of my list with the date they were added! To all the people that are joining this swap for the first time:
I know that it may be weird for some of you to go crazy on your want list,that you don't want to appear to be a greedy gut,I felt this way last year. I assure you,it is in the spirit of this swap to fill'er up,so go crazy! Don't be afraid to make that list long,it will make it so much easier on the other players to find something for you if there is alot to choose from! I already feel like a kid making a Christmas list for Santa,I am having such a blast! :)

Ok and again,anyone wanting a copy of the players and links to their pages,feel free to email me,I'll get it right out to you! Hope everyone is having a great day! :)

o

Hi gals here is list of who I have so far I just e-mailed some of last years participants so I am sure this list will grow
1-pattygrow5-patty
2-lisam627-lisa
3-rbrady-rhonda
4-sguanzon-sue
5-morguegirl-amy
6-ilovefarac-melinda
7-ncgardengirl-fran
8-poisondartfrog-alana
9-austinhanasmom-deb
10-sybilkrizinski-sybil
11-mickeyrey-michelle
12-yotetrapper-?
13-agirlsgirl-angie
14-rosesmoreroses-diana
15-jworth-j
16-duodecad-alyse
17sissifriss-myriah
18-jaynine-janine
19-juliemn-julie
20-sassybutterfly2008-wendy
21-velsgarden-velvet
22-ptp813-pam
23-dancinginthegarden-nancy
24-ollierose-diana
25-pattyb-patty
26-patrob-patricia
27-just1morehosta-carol
28-threeshyacres-jodi
29-ggwrn-ginger
30-angelady-angela
now remember this is a want list swap only the seeds on other peoples lists can be sent so make sure your list is updated so others know what you are looking for also small amounts are acceptable if you would like to share some of your private stash(I always do)
and thanks to my assistant host Angie you are the best.LOL
Patty

o

Okay, you twisted my arm lomg enough, I'm in!!!

Angie,
please send me a list so I can get started in my spare time.

Thanks
Lisa

o

I browsed through the swaps a few days ago (this one included) and I was about to sign up for a different swap. Today I received an email from Angie inviting me to join this one so here I am. I'll definitely have to update my wish list because the one I started for the Secret Santa Swap has almost been filled. This sounds like lots of fun. Thanks Angie!

Pat

o

I'm a newbie to the lists and swaps, so please pardon the newb question...
Are we supposed to go look at others' swap and want lists and let others know when they have something on our want list? Or are we just supposed to go look at want lists and send in what we have on any particular list?

Thanks,
J

o

I just updated my want list. I did not add new items at the end because the list is practically all new!
That does it for now, but I expect I may add a few more after I look at everyone else's list.
I am really looking forward to having time this weekend to really look at everyone's lists.
Alana

o

I, too, liked the suggestion to add the date and extra wants at the bottom for those of us that may be looking for updates. That way we wouldn't have to look through every single item again trying to find if anything new was added to their wants.

Blessings,
Angela

o

I'm glad to see that others have just updated their lists. I will try to do mine in the next day or so. I apologize for not doing it before I joined.

Lisa

o

I've debated on joining this one because my wish list has gotten to the point where it is pretty specific and the seeds I am looking for are: 1) not available as seed, only plants, 2) ones that don't come true to the parent plant, 3) expensive. I already did the Secret Santa one and was able to fulfill some pretty basic wishes. I've looked at most of the want lists and they are pretty specific like mine so I am not seeing many on everyone's wish list that I could send. I'll have to think about it some more.

o

Hi jworth! :) Yes you want to take a look at the want lists,pack up those you have and send them off to Patty by the January deadline. You don't have to tell anyone what you are sending,just make sure it is from someones list.Welcome and feel free to ask any questions you may have! :)

o

Ok some little birdie in my email told me this was the place to be ( eyeballing Angie )...lol

I have not updated my seed list yet, so please don't look at it LOL. I'm serious ! I collected an enormous amount of seeds this past year and some pretty rare ones too ;o), but I havn't added anything to my want list in over a year. I promise to do so within the next few days then I will put an 'updated for swap' note at the top.
I wanted to go ahead though and get in on this.

Thanks so much for all the hard work Patty I know from experience you're about to do LOL.

Cheryl

o

I would love to join this swap. Thank you Patty for emailing me and for doing this swap again this year.

Karen

o

• Posted by dorisl 5 NW Chicago burbs (My Page) on
    Wed, Dec 10, 08 at 21:32

Hi guys!

I want to play too!

I gotta update my list tho, I had a seed catalog here someplace and then I had to clean, ...the nerve!

:)
D

o

Hello everyone!

I was scrolling thru looking for the answer to the question that was asked about labeling the seed packs for specific people, should I actually put the persons name on the packet of seeds or should that be left for Patty when she's trying to figure out who sent in how many and how many will get sent back.

I'm a bit confused as to how the swap works,anyone care to clerify?

Thanks and have agreat night!
Lisa

o

Patty,

I would love to do this, but it is SOOO soon after Christmas, and I'd love to have time to really check people's lists and do this right if I'm going to sign up... how would you (and those who have signed up) feel about extending the signup and submission deadlines a week or two?

I also see some people on here who are participating in the 5th Annual Unusual/Rare/Named Swap, which likely won't wrap up until early January... it would be so nice to be able to update our lists after that, so people don't send us seeds we've already gotten in that swap! I know I personally would feel bad if someone sent me something I already had, because maybe someone else could have gotten it instead who still needed it.

Well, now that I've written a novel... any opinions? =)

Lori

o

I, too, would definitely appreciate a little more time to look through people's lists and try to bless as many as possible. I sure won't be doing it the rest of this month because of the holidays keeping me busy and being with family. Is there any way to extend the deadline a bit? I would love to see Jan. 31st... but even one more week would be great.

Blessings,
Angela

o

Okay i will give this swap a try! Sign me up!!

Kamil

o

If the deadline is extended even a week, I will join to..Ill be anxiously watching..I would need the time to go thru all the lists, and wont have a chance till after the holidays.

*giving the pleading eye...and keeping fingers crossed* LOL

o

I am back.... Thanks for hosting again, this was the one of the best exchanges of the year!

My gardening is going and growing like crazy, from adding 15 raised beds and a community plot last year in my home garden and this year a garden friend of mine asked me to help her with her garden project.

I am joining this round robin for my favorite charity: The gleaners. They have obtained a garden space for the gardening project about 1 / 4 + acre for growing food for the areas low income families.

Looks like this is going to be a big exchange this year. Yippee...

o

I'm a newbie to the lists and swaps, so please pardon the newb question...
Are we supposed to go look at others' swap and want lists and let others know when they have something on our want list? Or are we just supposed to go look at want lists and send in what we have on any particular list?

Thanks,
J

o

Thu, Dec 11, 08 at 9:32

Ive got a couple trades of persian buttercups, but havent found it on anybody's list. Please email me if you'd like some.

D

o

I would also like to join this swap. I have to post my want list though.

o

Okay Angela, I'll bite. Thanks!

Count me in pleeze.

o

How's everyone today? Great I hope!:)

proud_gm Becky,have you made a decision yet?...lol...Can I convince you? Last year I had only been trading for a little more than 2 months before I did this swap,I was skeptical that I would be able to contribute much. Patty assured me that even sending in 30 packs was great. So I went ahead and joined. Imagine my surprise when I was able to come up with over 200 to send in!!!!! So I bet you have alot more than I did at that time,being you have had this addiction longer than I have...lol... Also,many of us haven't updated our want lists yet and we do have until the 27th to do that.Last year alot of us did it up to the deadline and it was so fun to check the thread and see someone couldn't resist adding a few more! I didn't stop packing up seeds until the day I mailed! :) I am including a link to last years for you to take a look at,we sure did have a good time! Anyone else want to take a look,it may answer some questions you have,some things have changed from last year,but so far not much! Ok, now I will beg Becky....Oh Please Becky join,I personally would love to be able to send some of your wants to you and I really think it would be nice to have you be part of this....please......lol..:)

As for the deadline,whatever is decided is good for me!:)

jworth,I did answer your question,but it was a few down from where you posted,so I sent you an email explaining! :)

Doris! I would love to have some of the Buttercups,they are gorgeous! I added them to my want list draft,as "Doris' Persian Buttercups"! ;)

Ok,I am speaking for myself here,so many of you are so worried that you don't have your want list updated yet! It is OK! Most of the fun last year was in the last minute updates to our lists,like I said,it was such a blast checking to see if anyone added more each day! I made lists up for each player,as they posted I added it to their list. I packed up some as we went along and when the deadline arrived I finished packing up and checked over the lists a final time,adding any I missed. This year I am hoping to start packing them up as I check lists,we will see about that! :) So everyone that is nervous,relax,this is a fun swap,once we get going more you guys will see that. I was so nervous last year myself,but people that had participated the year before last,assured me over and over that there was nothing to be nervous about and to just have fun with it. I took their advice ,eventually, and they were so right! So everyone enjoy making those want lists,I am hoping mine will be posted by Sunday night,I will add more to it as we go,I know that already! But it really is nice that we have a good amount of time to add to them and that Patty is all for it,I just know if we weren't allowed to update it,I would find a million things after the fact I would have wished I put on there!

I have been looking at catalogs and browsing,pasting the ones I want into a notepad,and once I feel I have it done,I will then put them in order and post them to my page,I will announce when I have done this. Then from there I am still going to browse and dream...lol..so everyone take the time to dream a little,all of us work hard in some way or another, and it is time to take a little time to spoil yourself a bit! The great thing about this,is you have a good chance that some of those dreams will come true! ;)

Ok,we are up to 38 people and 3 that aren't sure yet! I have an updated list of names and want list links,if anyone wants it,lmk. I will not be sending updates unless you ask,so if you guys that ask for the list, want to add to it as people join that is great or you can email me for an update. I just dont want anyone to depend on me to send updates,and have me forget or not be able too,but, I am happy to share it! :)

I am sure we will hear from Patty tonight about what she thinks about extending the deadline.Kym,Becky and Lori, I really hope you three can join,I know I have some goodies for you!;)

Here is a link that might be useful: last years swap

o
RE: NEW: 1 4th annual whats left on my want list swap

Oops didn't see ourhappyhome's post...we are now up to 39! :)

o

I'd like to join this swap! My lists are all up to date. Thanks for hosting again, Patty!

Karen

o

HI everyone,
I had posted that I wanted to join but, didn't see my name on the list. PLEASE PLEASE CAN I PLAY W/ YOU GUYS!!

Sounds like an awesome swap. Will update my want list in the next couple of days, the secret Santa swap took care of it.

such a nice group of people on GW

thanks,
Annette-playintheyard

o

agirlsgirl,
I didn't realize it until you emailed me, and I came back to look at the thread, that somehow my question was posted twice! I have no idea how that happened, except that I was using two different computers throughout the day to check the thread, so that might possibly be it.
Just thought I'd explain - didn't want to seem impatient! :)
This swap is going to be fun! I just updated my list. I have a source for the bamboo that I wanted so badly. Hopefully the seeds will be good and I'll have more bamboo than I can handle by next summer's end. :) I know it is invasive, but I just can't resist being able to grow all that lovely bamboo to use for tomato stakes, trellises, bamboo fencing, etc. :) I think I'll grow it in a large steel drum at first. Since I'm a newbie gardener, I'm a little afraid of invasive plants!

Best,
J

o

Oh please sign me up as well. :)

Thank you.

o

Thu, Dec 11, 08 at 15:47

Howzabout 5 lonely daffodil seeds?

lemme know
D

o

I would love to join too! please sign me up.
I'm off to update my list!!

o

Sounds like fun...I wanna join too!

I'm sending you an email and I've already updated my list...

http://www.gardenweb.com/members/exch/chellflower

o

jworth,I just thought you may have missed my post,I didn't want you to think anyone was ignoring you! :)We just took a leap to 43 players! I wonder if Patty has seen this yet today?...lol..Looks like it is gonna be a big one!:D

o

Yea, ourhappyhome, welcome! I'm glad you joined! I wish I could email all the veggie gardeners and get them in this swap! Feel free to tell others, okay?

Blessings,
Angela

o

I tried to resist, really I did, I just couldn't.
Thanks Patty and Angie, for letting me know about this one.
Sign me up. I will start checking lists right away.
Thanks, Linda

o

Hi gals I have sent everyone who has signed up an e-mail and play in the yard it was an oversight I caught it this morning when I was going over the list I will put your name on tonights revised list.
We are now up to 45 people ha Angie beat you to it.
I guess we can extend the date to send to the 20th of January as long as everone gets them out on time what do you think about changing the cutoff date to sign up to the 20th of December? I think Angie already e-mailed everyone on gardenweb anyways LOL. Thanks Angie for the links it sure will help. I will post again later with a new list in case we get any more sign ups.
Patty

o

Thanks for the email Patty about joining the swap again!

I've participated for several years now and it is a fun swap to play in! I was going to pass but I too just can't resist this swap. Please count me in, again, this year!!

Proudgm - Come on and join. I've looked at your want list and I have some of your wants!!!

As a couple other player in this swap, I'm also in the '5th Annual Unusual/Rare/Named Swap' and won't have my want list updated for a few more weeks.

Earlier this week, I picked up my seed stash and put away for the holidays. My daughter actually thanked me for doing so, so better not haul them out until after Christmas. Hmmm - Day after Christmas the stash comes out and the fun will begin!! I can at least review everyone's want/wish lists until then. Now off to review want lists!!!

Happy Holidays to all and happy seeding!!
Sandy

o

dorisl I too added "Doris' Persian Buttercups" today...lol.
I have been looking over some list, a few ppl have NOTHING listed...

Hello everyone, again I am exicted about a swap...WOOOOHOOOO, can't wait to see what comes back and what all I will be able to FILL!!!

:) Fran

o

Ok, let me see if i understand this,
1.We check everyones list,found at ( ? )
2.We send those seeds that we can fill to Patty.
3,We include postage with what we send to patty,(how much postage )?
4.Patty checks all our wish lists,and mailes us what we wish for, IF, they have been sent in,not all wishes will be meet,is this right?
I guess i am a little slow,forgive me please,:0)
Carol

o

I have an updated list I sent an e-mail to eveyone on the list
1-pattygrow5-patty
2-lisam627-lisa
3-rbrady-rhonda
4-sguanzon-sue
5-morguegirl-amy
ilovefarac-melinda
ncgardengirl-fran
8-poisondartfrog-alana
9-austinhanasmom-deb
10-sybilkrizinski-sybil
11-mickeyrey-michelle
12-yotetrapper
13-agirlsgirl-angie
14-rosesmoreroses-diana
15-jworth-j
16-duodecad-alyse
17sissifriss-myriah
18-jaynine-janine
19-juliemn-julie
21-velsgarden-velvet
22-ptp813-pam
24-ollierose-diana
25-pattyb-patty
26-patrob-patricia
27-just1morehosta-carol
28-threeshyacres-jodi
29-playintheyard
30-ggwrn-ginger
31-angelady-angela
32-ishareflowers-lisa
33-patrushka-pat
34-smokeymist-carol
35-sunsetin-karen
36-dorisl-doris
37-kamiljablo-kamil
38-maricybele-marcy
39-anadarkorose
40-ourhappyhome
41-kalena67-karen
42-dirtdiggin
43-riley17
44-chellflower
45-ibartoo-Linda
46-sandygardens

Carol you check all the lists Angie can send you quick links for everyone but normally you click on the blue name of each person then click on see my trade list and it will take you to their list send the seeds to me but separate them by who they are for. put them in a bubble envelope whatever it costs you to mail is what it should cost to send back if you send say 25 packs of wishes for others I will send you back 27 wishes others send for you anything leftover will go to someone else. (I add 2 extra as a bonus from me)
The people that send say 200 very seldom get all things from their want list but if you read the posts from last years swap I think everyone goes away happy.
Ok girls I'll be back tomorrow
Patty

o

Patty,
I didn't get an email...:(

Fran

o

I am very grateful for the extension to the 20th. The extra few days will really help, especially with it being over a weekend, too. Any extra time is appreciated... I want to do justice to other's wants....

Thank you, Patty.

Blessings,
Angela

o

Wow. I thought I wouldnt have very much to send, but I already found 36 packs I can send. And I just started seed swapping less than a month ago! I plan to update my list tomorrow, I'll post again once it is done. Thanks everyone.

Angela

o

Good morning everyone!

Patty, I didn't get an email with the details of the swap either. Please send it when you get a chance.

I've been checking lists and I'm shocked to see that I have a lot of peoples wishes. I may naot have full trades but I think most wouldn't mind getting 10 or 12 seeds of a most wanted,right?

time to get ready for work...ughh
Have a great day,
Lisa

o

Wow, is this ever growing! This is a good one to do. I thank you for the extension, as I too am in the rare, named swap. I will want to update my list after that is over.
And Lisa, I wouldn't mind 10 or 12 seeds of something if I wanted it! LOL!
So much fun! Melinda

o

This question may have already been answered but I didn't have time to read through all the posts again. Since I am assuming that some people will be digging into their private "stash" to fulfill some wishes, how many seeds is considered enough to send? If you didn't receive very many seeds of something in a trade you wouldn't have many to share.

o

hello
I wanted to let everyone know I'm happy with un-named seeds
if you know the color that is helpfull
I got these in 06 as simply "columbine mixed"
thay are now my fav flower in the garden

Photobucket

I still have some seeds for this one too saved from this spring
I'm gonna try to add some more picks on my trade page for the seeds I have available.

wow this one is gonna be GREAT

michelle

o

Ok, I give in, I'll do it! =)

I guess I will add a note at the bottom of my list when I remove items I might get from the 5th Annual etc... I don't THINK I will be adding too much more, but I'm finding seed swapping really IS like Pokemon... lol!

Like those Persian Buttercups... Doris, if you have any left, I would love some!

Lori

Here is a link that might be useful: Vikingkirken's Trade List

o

I see a whole lot of blank trade pages. Gotta get those updated so we can take a peek :)

o

Fri, Dec 12, 08 at 10:27

Id also like to ask about named varieties.

For Example, I had lots of shasta daisy, but it has no name. Would that be acceptable to someone who has listed a named variety? Im torn between being afraid to offend and wanting to share them.

Lori and Angie, the persian buttercups are in both your envy's.

D

o

Looks like more and more all the time! Yeah, everyone will be very happy with there returns I am sure!
Just a reminder, alot of people are already looking at the wish lists. Some of us are not going to update until we get our seeds back from the rare, named swap. So be sure and recheck back as many lists will change then! Thanks, Melinda

o

Doris,

I hope others will chime in with their opinions... you asked about named varieties... I personally try not to be specific unless I am really looking for a particular variety. For example, I LOVE nasturtiums, but I really only want the few I have listed because I already have a bunch of other varieties. So I'd rather you send ones I haven't listed to other people, so they can enjoy them!

So I would think if someone has a specific variety listed, they are hoping for that variety, or at least something very similar (like if someone has Shasta Daisy "Alaska" listed, and yours looks like it but you don't know the name, I'm thinking they would love it!)

It's not that I would be offended, certainly I would be happy that you thought of me! But I would hate to deprive someone else of trying a variety that I already have!

Lori

o

About named varieties, I dont know. In some cases it dont make much difference, but in other cases it would. For example I used to have the shasta daisy "crazy daisy" on my want list (since found it). If I recieved an unnamed shasta, or a shasta like Alaska, I wouldn't have been offended, but it would have not been what I was looking for, as Alaska is nothing like crazy daisy. However, if I listed the marigold "harlequin" and someone had a red/yellow bicolor marigold of a different name, I would be just as happy with that as with "harlequin".

So to answer your question doris, I don't know LOL.

o

Hi Patty,
Sign me up. I look forward to your swap every year.
Thanks,
Louise

o

Again,thank you so much Patty for hostessing this again this year! You are bringing so much joy to so many people! Your efforts are very much appreciated! :)

Ok so the new dates are:
Mailing deadline: 1-20 Right?

Ok,moving up the list date really messes me up a bit....lol...,but I will live! :) Ok so I assume everyone is happy? Good! You should be,you will all be getting fat envies of great seeds! Woo Hoo!

Melinda is so right about the lists,many of us will be adding up to the sign up deadline. So make sure you keep checking back! And it has been mentioned,by me...lol..,that it would make it so much easier on all of us, when you update, that you put the new additions at the end of your existing list with a date you added them. It really would save us all alot of time! :)

Ok,about the seed count. It was agreed upon last year and mentioned by Patty this year,that since many of us will be dipping into our trade seeds,that smaller amounts are fine. I think just about everyone here knows,10 seeds can be more than enough. If I have something that I know is hard to germinate,I wont send them if I don't have enough to ensure at least one plant for each of us.

I think Lori said it perfectly about the named varieties. Alot of people may have the named one on their list because, the name means something to them,so that is another consideration when thinking about this. Most of mine are about color and the plant itself,but a few are about the name. I will try to specify on my list which I want the named only for. I think it would be a good idea for everyone to make some sort of statement on their lists letting people know their feelings on this. :)

I have been offering a copy of the list of players and links to their pages via email,anyone wanting this list can contact me and I will send it to you. I know I have mentioned this a few times already,but I want to make sure,everyone that signs up sees it and knows they have this option! :)

This is such a great turn out! Patty did you expect this many? Do you think you may just run away and say forget it?...lol....
I wont make a number announcement,I have been so excited about how many have joined I have been posting the numbers,not thinking that maybe Patty would enjoy doing that! She didnt say anything to me about it,but a little light bulb went on and I realized maybe I should chill out a bit! It will drive me nuts,but I can refrain from doing it!...lol... :)

I found a bunch last night to add to my wants,I browsed until my eyes would not focus on the monitor anymore and I am off to do some more! Hope you all are having a blast and having a great day! :)

o

Fri, Dec 12, 08 at 12:41

Ok, well, Ill do this. If you have a named variety of shasta daisy on your list, I wont send you my no-name ones unless you email me that its ok. Doesnt bother me, Ill just plant them!

D

o

please do sign me up

o

Ok, since Patty soo kindly gave me a bit more time..I am in...I cant wait to do someone elses swap...LOL JK

And, I have to say...I need another pack of seeds, like I need another hole in my head.....LMHO!!!

My seed list WAS up to date before the SSWAP, I WILL have to take a peek.

my biggest want .........is stuff for my new chocolate garden, it is going to be my main focus this year...but I am always happy with just about anything....

o

Woo Hoo Kym! So glad you signed up! :)

Doris,I bet by the time all the lists have been updated,you will have found several homes for your Shastas! Some people are looking for something to plant in wayward places,Shastas are great for spots with bad soil and that are hard to get to. They pretty much take care of themselves and look great,also. I would take some off of your hands ,but I am up to my ears in Shasta Daisies!:)

o

hello
I would be happy to get some shasta daisies, hint hint

and a list of players and links too would be great

thanks
michelle

o

Opps....Just figured out why there were so many blank lists...been checking nicks via the list...they aren't all listed as they are on the trade pages...some have underscores and some are spelled a bit different. So if anyone else finds blank trade pages that's why :) back to check trade pages :)

o

Fri, Dec 12, 08 at 19:12

You got it Michelle! It was already in your file!

D

o
RE: NEW: bes

Fri, Dec 12, 08 at 19:18

Also want to note that (Im sure Im not the only one) Ive got a large amount of Black Eyed Susans NOID. I would not send that in unless requested, somebody who'se just starting out might want it. You gotta ask me!

I got lots! (Im sure everybody does).

o

Hi everyone! I spent half my day today browsing flower seed websites and making a (umm.. very long!) WANT list that I'll be adjusting to fit onto my page by next Wed. Just wanted to let people know mine is not updated yet but def will be by Wed, probably sooner! I'll post a comment when it is :) This sort of swap keeps us very busy doesn't it? Browsing thru everyone's lists.. I really enjoy googling images of the flowers I am not familiar with and deciding oh! I'm sure I'd love that one too! lol

Hope everyone's doing well!

Hugs,
Wendy

o

Patty, Count me IN IN IN! This has been my favorite seed event of the year, and have been looking forward to another round.

Can't wait to scour through your lists. Mine'll be updated shortly.

thanks
Tina

Here is a link that might be useful: My Trade List

o
RE: NEW: 4th annual... Trade List Links

Yes, please, whomever is making that players and links list ---do send. (Wow, that'll make it faster)

And those who have already gotten one, please don't forget us late add-ons :)

Here's mine:
http://members.gardenweb.com/members/exch/kilngod

o

Ok everyone we are up to 51 people signed up and we have over 100 posts already the limit is 150 so tomorrow some time I am going to start an new update thread and see if on that thread Angie can put all of the links so we can all go there to check lists then I can put the new dates on the update.
Doris I agree if it is a specific seed a generic one can't be sent thats what the swap is about emptying your want list(never happen for me) but I have some like any nasturtium or like any collinsia then it doesn't matter.
I have another request if you are in the rare and unusual swap and will be updating could you make a note on top of your list so people can wait to check your list I know my time is limited so I hate to have to check twice and go back and think where did that seed go.
For special seeds smaller amounts can be good for it is something someone really wants within reason don't send a pack with like 2 tiny poppy seeds that looks like an empty envy but if it is a morning glory 2 seeds is ok.
I have a updated list everyone should have an e-mail
1-pattygrow5-patty
2-lisam627-lisa
3-rbrady-rhonda
4-sguanzon-sue
5-morguegirl-amy
6-ilovefarac-melinda
7-ncgardengirl-fran
8-poisondartfrog-alana
9-austinhanasmom-deb
10-sybilkrizinski-sybil
11-mickeyrey-michelle
12-yotetrapper-
13-agirlsgirl-angie
14-rosesmoreroses-diana
15-jworth-j
16-duodecad-alyse
17sissifriss-myriah
18-jaynine-janine
19-juliemn-julie
21-velsgarden-velvet
22-ptp813-pam
24-ollierose-diana
25-pattyb-patty
26-patrob-patricia
27-just1morehosta-carol
28-threeshyacres-jodi
29-playintheyard
30-ggwrn-ginger
31-angelady-angela
32-ishareflowers-lisa
33-patrushka-pat
34-smokeymist-carol
35-sunsetin-karen
36-dorisl-doris
37-kamiljablo-kamil
38-maricybele-marcy
39-anadarkorose-
40-ourhappyhome-
41-kalena67-karen
42-dirtdiggin-
43-riley17-
44-chellflower-
45-ibartoo-Linda
46-sandygardens-
47-vikingkirken-lori
48-esiuol-louise
49-stevenwayne
50-flwrs4ever
51-kilngod-tina
What do you think Angie.
Patty

o

I'm IN! I hope there is still room. I will be intermittent online for the next week, but steady after that, as soon as my hard drive is fixed.

o

I've been watching this one and with the extended deadline, I'd like to participate! My wishlist has been updated since the secret santa seed swap. I'm excited about looking through everyone's lists! Nikki

o

Okay folks... my list is as updated as can be. If I do add anything (who knows, there may be a seed catalog there when I go mailboxing tomorrow) i will add it at the top as an update. Everything on my list will stay there now.

I spent the better part of today doing this instead of baking and decorating as I should of been doing . Ah well, I have too many decorations anyways lol. As if i dont have too many seeds lol.

Here's a link for ya'll.

Here is a link that might be useful: My exhange page

o

pattygrow5, it's real easy to plug it into an excel sheet and it will automatically put the links together. If you'd like me to do that it won't take but about 10 minutes to verify the names so they're accurate and be done with the links to everyone's trade page. Either that or I can send the forumla to Angie. I'd be happy to...it's how I update my own trade page and it takes so much less time.

Just let me know.

o

Patty and Angie...Oh My! Glad I saw this before the cut off date! I'm in. I won't be able to update my want list till after Christmas because of participation in R.R. Fresh Fall Seed Swap. Hope that is okay. First time in that swap and now this one and am really excited about both! : )
Count me in girls and please send updated list so I can start to check want lists.

Thanks so much,
Cindy

o

Something I'm going to do regarding the Named vs Unnamed seed types, that I do a little bit already is like this:

Gomphrena globosa "Strawberry Fields", OR other Red

Snapdragon "Night & Day", OR other Black

Snapdragon, "Autumn Sunset", OR any autumn-like colors

Since I don't always know what color someones Named variety is, if they only say "or similar" it doesn't help me. I may have one similar, but won't know it. Like the example someone gave above about a named Marigold where they would still love another Red-Yellow type....I didn't know that named was a red-yellow.

Some traders might have "Night & Day" snapdragons on their want list from seeing it in a catalog....but don't know there are other Black snaps out there, and that's way they want it, just for the Black of it.

This could be extremely helpful for getting ones that are OK as "similar", list a cue about what kind of similar. I figure it will typically be about color, but some may just want a short bellflower instead of a tall one, or selected that Named kind because it's a "double petaled yellow" instead of a "single petaled yellow".

Hope this might help both givers and receivers....

--Tina

o

Wendy,Glad to hear you are loading your list up! That's the spirit! :) One thing I like about this swap is that you find so many new and interesting things you never heard of just by looking at what someone else wants! :)

Tina! Yay! I was wondering if you were going to take part this year,I am so happy you signed up! Also,thanks for posting your trade page link! I will email you the list shortly!:)

Patty I will be happy to post the list,as soon as the new thread is created,I will post who I have so far!:)

yotetrapper,I am glad I am not the only one that should be getting the decorations up,but playing on the computer instead...lol..

dirtdiggin,thanks so much for the excel sheet offer,right now I do not have excel on this computer and the computer that has it is down. Actually, it hasn't taken much time at all to copy and paste players as they sign up on to my word pad. Just a few seconds each. Keep in mind when you do the sheet that each person has a number listed by Patty,some people will mark the seed packets with the number of the person instead of their GW id. It is great of you to offer,I am sure there are quite a few that would rather have your spreed sheet,is it ok if they contact you for a copy? If so,when I post the list on the new thread I will make sure people know they have that option! Let us know!:)

Cindy,the cut off for list updating is the 20th of December. I personally do not have a problem noting to myself to check your list after Christmas,but I would worry that others may not be aware of this and over look your list.So if it is ok with Patty that you update past the deadline,maybe you could make sure you announce it or I could note it next to your name on the list I have.I will keep checking to see what is decided.:)

I swear,everyday this swap is getting better and better,so many awesome people already here and more signing up everyday! I cannot wait to see what our final player count is,and how many packs will be sent in...lol...you realize that at the 54 players we have right now,if each of us sent in the maximum 200 packs each that would be 10,800 packs of seeds!!!!!! :D

o

Hey A,
If you don't mind you you put a *updating please check again before mailing out note on mine too?

I have been adding and right now I have a list in notepad waiting to go on. I am trying to get ALL of mine down now so I will have it updated before Jan. I hope I don't find something else I like after I finsih...lol

Gosh everyone I KNOW my list is long, but there are so many new and old varities out there that I haven't seen and when I go catalog/website browsing I begin to drool and just have to HOPE I can find it before I order them.
But please at least take time to skim over mine. I lost over half my plants since 2005 and basically am starting again so these swaps are very important to some of us.

I have been checking everyone's every night so WHEN you update please post it so I and everyone else will know to go back and check.
I just recently ordered some seeds and some were specific wants of a few peoples that joined the SSSS. I figured they prolly wouldn't get some of them so I ordered just in case and so far I have been right and NOW they have joined here so I can still help them out without having to worry about setting up a trade!

I also would like to note if I have something listed that is a black, dark, or a certain flowered plant I would like just that color even though I have a named one there it is because I KNOW that name and usually don't know another varity of it exsist.

Ok, shutin' up now....
:) Fran

o

Ok,
do we add our name,like **To~~~
Poppies~~~~ From~~~~~~

Or just ````````````````````To~~~~*Poppies

one more question** Do we Only send what is on their wish list?**or,,can we send what we have,and Think, they would like?

I've not received a list yet either.
Thank you guys,
Carol

o

Fran ~ When you wrote that about it being up to 10,800 packs of seed.. I got that visual from the movies where someone is lolling around on the bed covered with money.. well with me it would be seed packets.. ROFL.. good thing I'm not hosting this! lol

Yep.. that's the way my head works.. scary huh? :D

~Wendy :P

o

If someone has the links in an Excel spreadsheet already, I would love to have it and I can modify it to include what I am sending each participant.

Carol, the beauty of this swap is that you can only send what a person has indicated on their list. It takes all of the guesswork out of choosing something that someone will enjoy.

Similar to how Tina does it, if I want only a specific variety of something I list only that one. If others of that color or type are acceptable I indicate the characteristic I am focused on. If any form of something will do, I list only the genus or genus and species.

I am settling in to look at the lists tonight with a cup of hot cocoa and make some preliminary notes. This will be fun!
Alana

o

Hey there Sassy,

I've emailed you a couple of times regarding my end of our trade. My emails must be going to your spam.

it's almost winter sowing time. Come on sassy girl get that envie in the mail..lol

Drop me a line when you get a minute

Thanks
Lisa

Sorry for hijacking Patty!

o

Hi, everyone!

As usual, I can't resist a massive swap and I must join in! My lists are somewhat updated, but I may remove a couple of wants--I need to go through my Theme Garden swap goodies again. I will list the removed seeds in any updates that I do, to make it easy for everyone.

1morehosta, we usually do put our own GW name on seed trades, so people can ask us for more info later if they need it. Some people will write the recipient's name on the packet, like: "Poppies, annual, pink. For Marygg from Garymm." But, Patty may have to send those to someone else. It's no big deal to have the other name on it (they'll still grow!) but I usually mark the recipient's name impermanently, by making up an envelope or using a paper clip. All the other info is permanent, though.

o

I would love to have the excel version when it is ready & completed. :)

Thanks!
Wendy

o

Thank you guys,
I got it,lol
I am so surprised at how many i can fill, not in the hundreds,but enough to make me feel like can have some fun with the rest of you.
Carol

o

Hi all!:) We are now up to 55 players! Woo Hoo stagerat!:)

When Patty starts a new thread,I will be posting the list I have with clickable links to trade pages on the new thread. That should help many of you out that don't have or aren't familiar with excel. It was dirtdiggin that offered the excel sheet for those of you that are interested.:)

Fran,it is safe to assume everyone will be updating up to the 20th. Mine is no where near ready yet,I had no computer time last night ,we went Christmas shopping and didn't get home until after 11.So you are not alone! :)

I have not looked at any want lists yet. I am waiting until after the 20th when everyone is updated,last year I had to pull seeds out because they were taken off lists when the person updated. So this year I am saving myself a bit of time by just holding off! :)

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday! :)

o

Angie, Sure that's fine. I have it done, but will update with the numbers from Patty's list. Anyone wanting a copy, just let me know.

o

Ok I unblocked my email I think and updated my trade page. Thanks so much for keeping me in. Last day of school was Friday and it has been crazy. I think I am ok now I will wait for your email patty and thanks so much for hosting this. Let me know if there is still trouble with my page.I will review all of the posts to make sure I am clear with the directions. I am super excited to be a part of this.
Thanks again

o

Ok, I just had the vision of the girl on the Willy Wonkas Choc Factory movie..when she is screaming at her dad,

"I WANT IT ALL, AND I WANT IT NOW"..UM, that is how I feel sometimes when i see the seed catalogs...*gosh, these meetings make me feel soo much better !!

I will have to work a bit on my list too...I can say...ANY OF THE NEWER SEEDS, I would LOVE to try anything...

Way to go on getting such a wonderful group of people to join, this will be soooooo much fun, I am soo looking forward to winter sowing !!!

Wishing you all a wonderful Monday !

Kym

o

Sign me up! I would like to participate in this. Fulfilling want lists is a dream come true for all! :)

-David

o

I would like to participate. I will update my wish list soon.

Mark

o

Good Morning everyone!:) Just so everyone knows why I keep posting,I am helping Patty out,she has alot going on and has fit this swap into her busy schedule for us,so I offered my help in keeping up with questions and stuff,so she isn't so overwhelmed and can enjoy herself a bit also!:)

I received an email that someone was having problems with the links I sent,is anyone else having a problem with them? I tried a few out and had no problems,but I am wondering if anyone else has not been able to access the pages from them.Please let me know.:)

Also I am not sure if you guys are aware,but Kate,kms4me is having a funny winter story contest on the conversation side of seed exchange. She has offered up 20 awesome packs of seeds as the prize! Those of you familiar with Kate know she has great seeds,the funniest story walks away with them! So go on over and tell us something funny that has happened to you in the winter months and maybe you will be the lucky duck that gets to grow some of these awesome seeds she is offering! I am including the link! :)

Kym...lol...I know what you mean about wanting them all and wanting them now...lol...I cant remember who it was that said seeds are like Pokemon...Got catch 'em all!....but she is soooooo right!:)

As of now we are 57 strong!!!!!!!! :D

Here is a link that might be useful: Winter Story Contest--20 packs of seeds!!!!!

o

Ok! I am out of the loop this morning! I had no idea there was a new thread started...lol...I have this one bookmarked so I come straight to this thread,I should have learned from the SSSS to check the forum!...lol...anyway here is a link to the new thread!:)

Here is a link that might be useful: Update: 4th Annual whats Left On My Want List Swap

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here