Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flwrs4ever

UPDATE: Secret Santa 2011 Thanks, thanks and more thanks (#5)

flwrs4ever
12 years ago

Post your thank you's here, play BINGO, share some JOY

Remember to go to the rate and review forum and leave a review to those that mailed to you !!

THANKS to each of you for making this SEASON special..and just think the gifts will keep giving in our gardens this year !!

Comments (150)

• lexiegurl09
    12 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I got some more cards in the mail the last few days!! This is sooo much fun!!!
    Thank you Ruth (ruthz)for the nice snowman and kids card with Charentais melon (a very good looking cantaloupe!), Baby round/ronde de nice squash (yay, looking forward to trying this), and red marble sweet cippolini onion. Thanks so much!!!
    Thanks to Angela (yotetrapper) for the beautiful glitter card that contained delicious tomato, German johnson tomato, coyote cherry tomato, anna russian tomato, and case knife pole beans. Look forward to trying them all! Thank you!
    Thank you to Cindy (alwaysagarden) for the wonderful card with fish hot peppers and yellow jubilee tomato. I look forward to them in the spring! Thank you so much!!
    I am going to have the best garden ever thanks to everyone here!!! I really do appreciate it!!

• alwaysagarden
    12 years ago

I too have been pretty busy so have a long list to post! Many thanks to the wonderful gardeners who sent me cards and seeds!

pinnsresinosa (Anna) ran out of seeds to send but sent me a lovely thank you card for the seeds I sent her. Anna that was really sweet of you. :)
    nottougly
    sent morning glory mix and cosmos mix... Thank you!
    pumkingal (Lisa) sent
    Beefsteak tomato, yum, purple grape hyacynth (can't wait to plant these, love this plant!) fancy poppies, and gloriosa daisy. Thank you Lisa!
    Rose McTier sent
    Morning glory mix, false yellow hibiscus, Mexican hat, painted daisy (never tried and can't wait), fire chief petunia, never tried this either sounds lovely! Thank you Rose!
    xiangirl (Heidi) sent
    Morning glory-Perly gates, Penstemon husker red (love Penstemon), Hollyhocks, mixed pinks, cosmos-pink,burgandy,white, Mexican hat. Heidi thank you for this wonderful selection!
    Lois Shank sent
    Hollyhock-single pink.. and cute little drawings of her cats Odin and Thor. Thank you Lois!

Loving all the pictures of all the different kitties, you all have such gorgeous healthy loved cats! I would post a picture of my gray cat Smokey but don't know how to! He sends he meow hello to all the others lol :)
    Cindy

• cardinalwv
    12 years ago

Sorry it took me some time to find the page to post my Thank Yous to the following so.......
    I want to say a BIG Thank You to the following:

always a garden for blue larkspur seeds
    dem-pa for asters, scabiosa, sunflower, larkspur, canterbury bells, penstemon, coreopsis and bellflower seeds
    ishare for bellflower and armeria seeds
    jaynine for butterfly weed, scabiosa and salvia seeds
    perkybarb for Mexican hat and Joe Pye seeds
    karendee for rudbeckia seeds
    amoeba-meba for morning glory seeds
    poisondartfrog for coneflower seeds
    Rudolph25 for rudbeckia and zinnia seeds
    NLB52 for calendula seeds
    hibiscusfan for scabiosa and Joe Pye seeds

• aggiebee
    12 years ago

Wow! Thank you soooo much, Katie aka RedThreadDIY! Your card really made my day. It was my birthday yesterday, so this was such sweet timing. Inside the cheery card I received no less than 11 seed packets!!

White Datura, Shasta Daisy 'Snowcap,' Lavender Datura, 'Double Shirley Mix' Poppies, Mallow 'Zebrina,' Sweet William, 'Dove hybrid' Sunflower, 'Teddy Bear' Sunflower, hot pink Petunias, 'Cotton Candy' Pumpkin and 'Carpet of Snow' Alyssum.

I am really touched by your generosity.

• Margie Crawford
    12 years ago

Shouldn't all Mondays include cards and seeds? The happy surprises continue.

Margarita10 sent a very cute card with columbine and gaillardia in pretty handmade seed packs. These seeds are my tried and true favorites - love them.

aphroditelaughs sent a pretty winter scene card with lobelia cardinalis, columbine and nicotiana chocolate smoke from chocolate flower farm - wow, these look beautiful.

Lois sent a lovely card with lobelia cardinalis and pacific bleeding heart (I can't wait to try these).

Many thanks for sharing your seeds. Winter sowing starts later this week and I have BIG plans for my shade garden thanks to all the secret santas!

Margie

• dan_the_mailman
    12 years ago

Margo, thank you for the cute kitten card! I hung it on a cupboard door right above the food bowls so Bump and Stella could enjoy it!

Today I also received cards from Faye and Heather. Faye sent marigolds, dill, morning glories, and cosmos. Heather sent summer squash and two types of lettuce. Thank you ladies!

Dan

• SalsaCanner
    12 years ago

Received 4 more Christmas cards in the last few days.

Thanks Margaret, Charles, molly and Bad Boy for the Cherry and Mountain Princess Tomato and Sweet Banana Pepper Seeds.

Iris (Rane_Grow) sent a great card with Mortgage Lifter tomato and Sweet Banana Pepper seeds.

Jordan (WonderWeasel) sent Costoluto Genovese tomatoes and Bhut Jolokia Pepper seeds. For some real spicy salsa!

Thank you Farmsteward for the Peter Peppers.

I appreciate all of the Christmas cards and great seeds.
    Have a Merry Christmas!!
    Ed (SalsaCanner)

• retsec
    12 years ago

Received another pretty card today that was made in the USA from Farmsteward. Hugh sent Peter Pepper seed. Can't wait to get all my seed planted. Have a great holiday season Hugh.

I've heard back from all that I sent cards to except one. I haven't seen where anyone got anything from her and she hasn't acknowledged that she received anything. Hope everything is OK with her.

So far on BINGO I have 7 words. I think I have seen all the BINGO posts. I have written down 21 words, am I correct?

• redthreaddiy
    12 years ago

Ruthz sent a really cute snowman card with Rose Bianca Italian Heirloom eggplant, Red Winter Kale, and Lemon Cucumber! Have not tried any of those varieties - excited about all three! Thanks so much!

Nottougly sent a really cute card with santa, reindeer and other forest animals dancing around. :) She also sent seeds, which include Mexican Flame Vine, Purple Hyacinth Bean and Moonflower Vine. Awesome! Thanks so much!

Aphroditelaughs sent a gorgeous winter tree card with Georgia Southern Collards and Red Russian Kale seeds! Both varieties are new to me and I am super excited to try them out!

Xiangirl sent a cute snowman card with Alaska Mixed Nasturtium, Vates Collards, Blanket Flower and Moonflower vine seeds! ALL RIGHT! Thanks so much for sending those! I am ESPECIALLY excited about the nasturtium. Thanks for being so generous!

Thanks to everyone - I love this swap!

• oliveoyl3
    12 years ago

Bingo? I went back through the threads here to double check since I've only crossed off 8 words so far. We played it today at our staff Christmas lunch & it reminded me about it here. Did I miss it?

On Friday night my husband told me he was asked by our 6 year old great niece in the car that morning, "Uncle James, do you think I've been naughty or nice this year?" She said she had been told she was naughty and was concerned about getting Christmas presents.

He was able to explain how Jesus forgives our sin and makes us clean again. He asked her if she had done that and when she said yes he told her he was pretty sure she'd get presents then. That simple answer to a child is still a good answer for us today. Since we've all been naughty in one way or another we need the gift of forgiveness. It was a good reminder to be sure to pass on the real gifts of Christmas especially these last few days of preparation. I want to be ready in my home & my heart for Christmas.

Corrine

• lexiegurl09
    12 years ago

Hey Dan,

When you say Heather sent you those seeds are you referring to me? :) If so, I'll explain why I asked later ;)

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Sorry for the BINGO Delay, I had one of those weekends, with too much to do I am totally exhausted ! I hope everyone is having a great Holiday season :)

GREETING CARDS
    EGGNOG
    WINTER
    SLEIGH

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    12 years ago

My daughter took this photo of TIGER the other day, was going to share, but now I just have to ..with all the wonderful photos !!

• lily55rjw
    12 years ago

Thank you to Hugh - FARMSTEWARD for a nice card. It came through the mail torn and nothing enclosed, the outside of the envelope says seeds enclosed. Whatever they were, Thank you!

ONLY 6 MORE DAYS UNTIL CHRISTMAS!!! I am so excited! My kids are even more excited!

Here is my favorite pic of them with Santa. I've been bringing them to see the same santa every year!

And Here is another good one!

• katkni
    12 years ago

I'll be sad when this ends :(
    In the meantime, thank you to 3 more!

margarita 10, thank you for the orange cosmos and Tennessee purple coneflower. I googled the coneflower and learned it had been on the endangered list. Very interesting!

NancyPlants thank you for the homemade card. The snowflakes are beautiful, especially the large pop up snowflake. And of course for the seeds - double french marigold, red frills mustard, and acorn squash. I know for sure I don't have those varieties of mustard or squash.

redthreaddiy, what an amazing collection you sent - black beauty squash, arugula (can't wait to make pizza next spring mmm), powder puff aster, alyssum, straightneck squash, french dwarf marigold, and two kinds of brussels sprouts! And they're so beautifully packaged, too. Thank you.

• celeegra
    12 years ago

Faye, I'm happy for you that you have a job that keeps you busy! And my heart goes out to you for your losses.

***thank you***
    to sassybutterfly for red corn poppies & danish flag poppies! woo hoo! With a very merry & bright card. :)

& to redthreaddiy for double shirley mix poppies, eyeball plant (I was eyeing this one at the Brooklyn Botanical Garden annual plant sale this past spring!), sara black tomato, snow white tomato, green zebra tomato, powder puff mix aster, primadonna white coneflower, sweet william - single mixed colors, scarlet o'hara morning glory, & stella de oro daylily! whew! 1/2 of these came wonderfully packaged in her own "garden hoard" seed packaging. I will definitely be visiting her website next year!

Thank you both!
    Grace

• xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
    12 years ago

Corinne, thank you for sharing your story. It made my day.

Tiger looks very content. My sister had a cat like Tiger. After school I'd steal her cat and play with him in my room until we heard the garage door open and I'd let him out. We just told our mom a couple years ago (I have a high school girl and elementary girl myself).Mome said she had no idea!
    Heidi

• graanieb
    12 years ago

Lily, kids with Santa! Ultimate in Christmas spirit, great!
    I see another card made it in bad shape, at least with my 2 there were seeds almost all intact...Angela ( Yotetrapper) hope you enjoy growing from seeds for many years...and I wish you very Merry Christmas and good luck in New Year, as to all.

Broken card, I thought...and they weren't made in China! lol

Wishing Christmas spirit lasts a long while.

Bea

• flowergirl34
    12 years ago

Happy Tuesday!! Only 5 MORE DAYS TILL CHRISTMAS!!! :)

Yesterday, I received 2 more cards!!!!! WOOHOO!

BIG HUGE THANK YOU'S GOING OUT TO:

RUTHZ (RUTH) for her absolutely lovely snowman and children Christmas card! Soooo pretty!! And some super awesome seeds! Rose of Sharon Red Heart, Hibiscus Golden Bowl and Rose of Sharon Double Purple. Can't wait to see the Gold Bowl! THANK YOU!!!!

JAS_IL (JASMINE) for some super terrific White Dinnerplate Hibiscus and Orange Marigolds. And your snowflake card is just so pretty! I would love to see wrapping paper like that! :) THANK YOU!!!!

Love the Santa Cat! Ho Ho HO!

Have a terrific day! and everyone in the snow storm zones try to stay safe.

vina

• keiki
    12 years ago

I am starting to worry if my cards are reaching their destinations, 7 people I sent to have not mentioned receiving them. I am hoping they were not torn up in handling or arriving postage due. If anyone gets a card from me with any problems please let me know.

• margarita10
    12 years ago

Hi All,

I am way behind in my thank you's so here goes:

redthreaddiy: Hosta, MG Scarlett O'Hara, Bush Bean, Stella D'Oro, Radish, Garlic Chives, Oregano, Basil, Arugula, Bell Pepper, Canna Lily, Rose Bush "Bonica", Wisteria, Yucca since my b'day is so close to Christmas (18th)I have never really received much but this was quite a surpise THANK YOU.

canyonwind: Basil Thai,Basil Lime,Dragon Tongue Bush Bean

farmsteward: moonflower

ruthz: Red Yucca, JP Morning Glory, Lemon Cucumber

molly_and_me: Orange & Yellow Bell Pepper, Total Eclipse (black with white edge)can't wait to try this one.

pumpkingal: Coneflower "Hot Papaya", Hosta, Lettuce, Carmen Pepper (this will go in my family names garden)

onedaylily: Nasturium "Moonlight", daylily mix, 4 O'clock, Hyacinth Bean "Ruby Moon"

nottougly: JP Morning Glory, Butterhead Lettuce and a great card of Santa dancing with the reindeer.

I cannot thank you all enough this was quite a birthday surprise.

margarita10

• poisondartfrog
    12 years ago

It appears that all but a couple of my cards have found their way home. I would have liked to send each person a card, old and new members alike. I tried to mix it up this year and missed some of my garden buds. If I missed you this time around 'Happy Solstice, Happy Holidays, and Happy New Year'!

Alana

• dirtdaddy
    12 years ago

More card thanks!
    flowergirl 134-thanks for the snowpeople card and the marigold seeds!

margarita 10- thanks for the okra seeds!

No snow yet, but been raining steady since monday morning, have a good day everyone, dd.

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Lois, love the "cat story" how cute !!

My daughter and I baked Friday nite, then I went CHristmas shopping all day Saturday, then did a baking marathon on Sunday. We love to bake and give cookies out as gifts..the kids make a list of people who made a difference in their life that year..then say thanks :) ( by fattening them up, ha ha )

I have thanks yous for ...
    pumpkingal
    NLB52
    habitatgardener
    yotetrapper
    lexigurl
    JMT2213 ( thanks for the calendars, so very cute !! )

I know two of you sent seeds..thanks a bunch! I am giving them to Krystal so she can grow them ( I secretly hope she will share ..shh dont tell )

When Krystal came in, she grabbed my cards and made a Christmas tree out of them, I will need to share a photo. Rose made her tree much cutier with bows, when she saw that Rose..she wanted them too ! :D

Yesterday I had a mailbox full...

ruthz , loved the snowman !

molly_and_me ( My favorite tradition is making cookies also, my daughter and I want to start a cookie business)

xiangirl thanks for the seed packets, they are soo cute ! my daughter and I liked how you made the card :)

retsec, thanks so much for your seeds, I will plant them right away in my kitchen. Its one that I can grow inside and enjoy..THANKS !

redthreadiy, it warms my heart to know you and others consider the swap a "tradition" now !

farmsteward, those cakes look yummy :)

cryptid, Krystal is coming over tonite, we are going to enjoy a cup of tea..much thanks ! Please thank Elly for me, I love her Bfly pins. I have a real soft spot for homemade gifts.

To everyone that took the time to join the swap, THANKS ! This swap is something I look forward to each winter, and It wouldnt be a sucess without EVERYONE of you being SOO generous and giving. The Holidays are about bringing some LOVE and JOY to others..NOT about "what I got" and this swap is a REAL example.

One more thing, I would LOVE to connect with you on FB if you are there to keep in touch thru the year..so feel free to send me a friend request :) I am listed as Kym Fullen Amaral.

Swap goes until the New Year, stop by and share how your Holday went next week !!

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I will reveal the total count the week after Christmas, can you beleive Im still getting emails with counts..YEP, really..so I will do a grand total and post next week. PLEASE let me know if you sent anymore cards in the swap !

PEACE
    SANTA
    LOVE

To get BINGO, you must match ALL words on the list you emailed to me, which was ur "card"

( I Beleive this makes 28 words, so someone could get Bingo anytime now )

• rosemctier
    12 years ago

this was a whirlwind weekend and i am late in posting my thanks. ruthz sent a beautiful snowman card with white and blue clitora and a japanese morning glory mix. am going to have the best hangin baskets in the whole neighborhood! ranegrowsent sugar pie pumpkins and a rockin' lettuce mix :) i am actually going to sow some today, it has been so mild. can't hurt to try. redthreaddiy sent a whole garden lol-- bushel gourds, 2corn, mixed gourds, endve, morning glories, canna lilies, cushaw pumpkins, cotton candy pumpkin, san marzano tomatoes, and painted daisies :) cannot wait to have a real veggie garden! thank you so much,all of you!

• klorentz
    12 years ago

Howdy all.5 days and counting.Thank you to.............

nottougly marigolds and cali poppy.

flowergirl34 sweet peas

Ummmm some of y'all have doctors writing or my eyes are worse than I thought lol.And one or two forgot their user names.Will post more thank yous soon. in the mean time here is a link for my favorite radio station which plays all Christmas music this time of year.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mix 98.1 Defiance Ohio

• lily55rjw
    12 years ago

KYM - I totally agree! "The Holidays are about bringing some LOVE and JOY to others" - AMEN!! There has been so much love and joy all around this year which makes it so special! And... I agree with REDTHREADDIY for the swap being a tradition! Its only my second year, last year I was a newbie, this year I was able to mail out some cards (which I mailed out on the 31st of NOV. and have only found out 3 have received theres so still missing some. I cannot wait until next year as i will be able to share so much more! I have truly enjoyed this swap both years! Hopefully this year, I learn from the mistakes I've made and have a better success at the swaps next year! You all have been great!

I hope you all have a truly wondeful and joyous Christmas! Those of you traveling, I pray for safe travels! Stay warm!!

• apoppyfield
    12 years ago

Just when I thought it couldn't get any better, I got two amazing cards:

NancyPlants send an amazing collection of tomatoes, red mustard and flowers.

RedThreadDIY send an awesome collection of herbs, veges, and flowers.

Thanks so much!! You guys have made my day!

• Melinda Hagen
    12 years ago

Another wonderful day at the mailbox!! I am so amazed at the generosity of everyone! I just so wish I were able to mail to everyone this year!
    Big Thanks to these:
    Lois-calendula and jiggle bells penstemon
    Katie (redthreadDiy)-tomato black krim, dbl. shirley poppy mix, sara black tomato, eggplant long purple, argula! Thanks!
    And last but not least a fabulous package from Iris!! Beautiful candy cane pink bag holding the seeds along with a beautiful card! Seeds were red marconi, aunt molly's ground cherry, rosa bianca eggplant, druzba tomato, chocolate stipes tomatoe, red poppy, purple beauty pepper,
    black pearl pepper, and Nero Di Toscana Kale!!! Yeah!!
    I love each and every card this year!! And can't wait to grow all these wonderful things!!
    Hugs and Love to everyone!! Melinda

• sji1981
    12 years ago

More cards in the mail.

A big thank you to,
    Yotetropper, for pretty glittery Christmas card along with Green pole bean, and three types of tomatoes - Cuostralee, german Johnson and giant red. I heard good things about these toms and can't wait to try them for the first time. Thanks a lot.

Odin thor, for pretty snowscape card with cosmos red seeds. Thanks a lot

Graanie bea, for pretty glittery angel card with Salvia large red, Salvia coral nymph, Zinnia red california giant and morning glory 'grandpa otts' Thanks a lot and specially excited about Salvia seeds.

Wonder weasel, for pretty glittery panguine shaped card with tomato costoluto genovese and Bhut jolokia Pepper seeds. I am so excited about bhut jolokia pepper since it would be my first try. Thanks a lot can't wait to grow them.

• dem_pa
    12 years ago

I received a beautiful skating penguin card from WonderWeasel with bhut jolokia peppers, numex jalundo peppers, romaine lettuce "Parris Island Cos", and champion radish seeds inside thanks.

Don

• smitties
    12 years ago

Kym, just sent you a friend request on Facebook. Margo Duley Smith

• WonderWeasel
    12 years ago

...and they're still coming in! Thank you to Rick (Rick_in_VA) for the Three Wise Men card and all the peppers! I received Jaloro pepper, White Habanero, Keystone Giant Bell, Orange Sweet Bell, Chocolate Habanero, and Peach Habanero seeds. I am going to have the most colorful garden AND the hottest salsa on the block this year! Oh, and yes Rick, I am indeed a chilihead :)

--Jordan

• smitties
    12 years ago

And I score another card today. Thanks to ziangirl for the morning glory, birdhouse gourd, zebra grass, and rose queen cleome. Oh, it's going to be a long winter waiting to plant all my seeds.

Margo

• clc70
    12 years ago

I received a nice card and two types of seed from Katie (redthreaddiy)today. Thanks so much Katie.

• graanieb
    12 years ago

Katie-Redthreaddiy ..you must've been very busy one day last week, smile....thank you for the card and mixed Canna, parsley, Asiatic lily, pepper mini red bell and Alyssum.
    Very Merry Christmas to you and all.

Hugs,Bea
    needing a break, don't believe how much stuff can be piled in 1 small room, have to clean it so more can fit in it than just access to bed , lol

• jas_il
    12 years ago

I got more cards in the past couple of days. Wow!

RedthreadDiy - sent me a very nice personal note with Christmas tree card and 12 packs of seeds many of them from gardenhoard company. wow I am amazed. These are
    Shasta daisy snowcap (wow)
    Black eyed susan rudbekia
    Painted daisy mixed (very excited)
    Hosta blue
    Swiss chard fordhook (love it and grow every year)
    Forgets me nots blue
    Tomato rutgers (yummy)
    Bell pepper orange king (love peppers, my garden can't be without peppers)
    Marigold french dwarf dbl
    Teddy bear Sunflower (pretty! can't wait to try)
    Sunflower 'dove hybrid'
    Eggplant 'black beauty' (love eggplants)
    Thank you so much for taking time and sending these many packets of seeds. I am absolutely delighted.

flowergirl 134 - sent me pretty santa reading christmas story card with
    Sunflower Teddy bear (comm) (love it)
    Everlasting sweet peas (another fav)
    Thank you so much and can't wait to grow them.

Pumpkingal - sent me panguine with pretty glittery santa cap card along with
    Ice plant (new for me and very excited)
    Sunflower orange sun
    Hostas
    Green bell pepper
    Thank you so much and can't wait to try them.

xiangirl - sent me nice snowman card with
    Dianthus pink seeds (love it)
    Salvia bonefire (wow)
    Zebra grass (love) and
    Blanket flower seeds.
    Thank you so much love them all and can't wait to grow them.

• pumkingal
    12 years ago

Wow another 5 wonderful cards,,Oh thank you so much;;;

Big hugs nlb52-Nancy;;2 kinds of cosmos luv um

Big Hugs sassybutterfly-wendy--cosmos purity & ladybird luv um

Big Hugs jas_il shasta daisy luv um

Big hugs riley17 red broom corn luv um

Big hugs Redthreaddiy-- You are a seed hoard thank you,,your home made seed packets are just wonderful,,going to buy from you girl,, thanks for cleome magenta & white--pumkin baby boo--blanket flower arizonia sun--painted daisy--mallow zebrina & mystic merlin,,,

I cannot believe how much you have all shared with me this year,,take a bow every one for all that you all have done this year,, for every one else..
    All the joy and smiles you have all given each other is just so wonderful...THANK YOU ALL
    My grandson was here today and he loves the box of seeds you have all sent and he giggled looking at all the wonderful cards,, said nans we got planting to do,,, that was worth it all thanks Lisa

• karendee
    12 years ago

I got a card from
    Jeff, Lois, Thor and Odin.

Thanks for the Lemon Balm. I did not have lemon balm yet! YEAH

I love getting cards with seeds. I think it is the best present I get each year.

The 21 pound cat we have is helping me open cards. He sits on my lap. (He has no idea how heavy he is)

We also have a 8 pound cat and he is bossy and in charge.

Karen

• neohippie
    12 years ago

Wow. I thought I was done getting cards, but today I got one from redthreaddiy with some nice packages of arugula, Swiss chard, cilantro, and cowpea seeds. I will certainly be checking out your website once you have it up.

• molly_and_me
    12 years ago

Yeah! I got card from Thor and Odin, and Lois and Jeff. The cats "portraits" are so cute.

I am thrilled with the red and white Profusion Zinnia seeds. They were on my most wanted list.

Margaret

• Iris ( ranegrow ) z7 Maryland
    12 years ago

Time for more thank yous !!! You are all so amazing and generous ! I love reading when you receive the seeds that I have sent you .I would send seeds to everyone if stamps grew in the garden ! Melinda, I am so glad you got the seeds ;-) I could hardly wait to read when you got them !

nottougly sent crazy daisy and red columbine ;-)2 wish list items ! yay ! thank you !

barefootgardener sent "polar bear" zinnia and my favorite tomato,Brandywine ;-)

davedgeguitar sent basil and "cut and come again" zinnia , 2 of my favorites !

Rudolph25/Darlyn sent me a zinnia mix ! Zinnias are one my favorite annuals , I grow them every year for my butterflies.I love the 2 black cats enjoying the fireplace on the card ;-)

Vina/flowergirl34 sent me profusion coral pink zinnia, pink columbine and crazy daisy ! love them !

and Katie/RedthreadDIY sent me a great assortment of seeds in her beautiful packages ! she sent: arizona sun blanketflower,"small cherry" tomato ( will definitely grow this next spring) purple bee balm, italian large leaf basil, orange king pepper and thyme ;-) I cannot wait till Spring so I can grow all these lovely seeds !

Merry Christmas to you all !

Iris

• sassybutterfly_2008
    12 years ago

Received a sweet card from Lois with the cat's portraits on it..so cute! Lois sent me Verbascum Milkshake :)) My daughter loves the name of this one. :)

Pumkingal sent me a bunch of goodies!! Blueberries (YESS!!), Homestead Tomato, Australian Red Tomato, Strawberries, and Big Boy Tomato. Thanks so much!

• rbrady
    12 years ago

WOW! is all I can say-I received 6 cards in 2 days:-) Thanks to everyone for the beautiful cards and seeds I got. Everyone is so generous! Thanks to:
    onedaylily for the Heuchera (I LOVE heucheras!), Anemone virginiana, and the Digitalis "Pam's Cjoice"
    ptp813 for Merleau Blue Salvia, and Sunburst Ruby penstemon can't wait to try these
    Sassybutterfly sent me 2 kinds of Foxglove-Fuschia and Foxy-my hummingbird friends will be happy!
    notougly sent me Perilla and Lobelia Sapphire-these will be lovely in my containers
    pumpkingal sent me ornamental peppers-can't wait to see what these look like I am growing a variety of them in containers on my front steps this year
    ruthz-she also sent me ornamental peppers:-) Black Pearl, Sangria, and she also sent me Asclepias currassavica for the butterflies.

Thanks again to everyone and I hope everyone has a great Christmas!

Rhonda

• NancyPlants
    12 years ago

I'm with you Iris...if stamps only grew in the garden

I'm happy that some of my cards have been received. I wish I'd put packing tape on the envies after hearing about some of the cards arriving torn.
    rosemctier and redthreaddiy had the right idea!

In the past few days a lovely assortment of holiday greetings have arrived. I've been too ill this year to decorate so the cards are my bit of Christmas cheer. I appreciate the time, energy and care put into each and every one!

Thank you Vina/flowergirl34 for the poppy 'lilac pompom' and columbine mix. Your packages are always so colorful and cheerful. I like the use of a money card...afterall, seeds are better than cash :)

Lisa/pumkingal, those are the cutest lil stickers! Thank you so much for the blue sea holly. I'm so excited about the bok choi! I love eating it and cant wait to grow it. You made my day with the story about your little grandson 'nans we got planting to do'. How sweet :)

Faye/nottougly, my kitty (he's 17) loved your card so much...he rolled on it. Now his black fur is all gold sparkly :)
    Thank you so much for the Goodneck burgundy Loosestrife.
    I grew swiss chard for the first time this year and found I really like it. And the seeds are unusual and funny looking :)

Rose/rosemctier, I wished for a purple basil...Thanks to you, I'll be growing 2 varieties! 'Purple Ruffles' and 'Dark Opal Purple'...I cant wait :) I'm so happy to also receive Five Spot and Penny Black.

Heidi/xiangirl, thank you for the suggestion for squash bugs. I'll have to give that a try. The squash and pumpkins appreciate any help they can get :)
    The Gaillardia will be fun...you never know what you're going to get...so much variety. I'm so excited about the fennel! I've not grown this before. Those are some tiny seeds. Cant wait to try it. I really appreciate the info on the packet. Thank you so much!

Katie/redthreaddiy, I loved the pics you shared of your cards ready to mail. I was lucky enough to receive one of them today :) Your generous gifts covered the flower garden, herb garden and veggie garden.
    Eggplant 'long purple' and 'black beauty'
    basil 'Italian large leaf'
    Pineapple sage...I bought a small plant of this from the farmers market a couple years ago. By the fall it was nearly 3 feet tall and covered with lovely red flowers. I'm so excited to grow this myself :)
    Salsify 'mammoth sandwish island'-I had to look this up. Its supposed to taste like oysters. This will be fun to try. Has anyone grown this??
    I love trying new-to-me tomato varieties. Thanks to you I can try:
    'Costoluto Genovese' 'Great White' and 'Rosso Brunno F3'
    For the flower gardens you sent Mallo 'mystic merlin' and Poppy 'double shirley mix'.
    Thank you for your generous selections :)

I think its time to edit my trade 'wish list' and remove all the wonderful seeds I now have :)

I know the swap isnt even over yet but I'm already thinking about what kind of cards to create for next year...fun fun fun :)

• habitat_gardener
    12 years ago

Happy Solstice!

Thanks to aphroditelaughs for the lovely card with trees in the snow and the wonderful basil and cucumber seeds.

I was very late sending out my cards -- I finally got to the post office on Monday. I wanted to make sure I had correct postage, and the clerk weighed one or two, said the rest of them looked ok, and tossed them in the bin!

• browneyedsusan_gw
    12 years ago

They still keep coming!
    Thanks to Lois, Shirly (sji1981) and Katie (redthreaddiy)for amazing seeds!
    Susan

• hibiscusfan -Northwest Ohio
    12 years ago

Alwaysagarden and xiangirl thank you for the nice cards and seeds. Hope you have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

• perkybarb
    12 years ago

Yesterday I received a pretty card and seeds from Riley17, thanks so much Holly! BTW my youngest daughter was born in Johnson City many years ago, we lived in Vestal at the time. Love that area of the country!
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours!
    Barbara C. PerkyBarb