Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hazelnutbunny

Thank you SANTA!

hazelnutbunny
16 years ago

I want to thank EVERYONE that helped to make Christmas possible for my family this year. I have met so many wonderful new ladies through GW...I am so very blessed to have such kind & generous people in my life.

I love each and every one of you & can never thank you enough for everything that you've done for my family this season! :O)

{{gwi:1320239}}

Melissa

Comments (15)

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Awwww! Melissa, the kids look so cute! I am so glad that you and the kids had a nice Christmas! We love you Miss Bunny.

Tracy

• galium
    16 years ago

It warms my heart to see all those smiling faces.
    Hugs,
    Mariann

• brittneysgran
    16 years ago

Melissa-Your children are beautiful...thanks for sharing your picture with us. Love the plants in the window sill, I do the same thing. I've been babying two daylilies placed on my window sill all winter. They love the sun coming through the window and are doing really well.

Shirley

• medontdo
    16 years ago

awww melissa!! your kids are just as cute as ever!!! its hard to believe them kids can climb on the fridge, prune the pretty flowers and all that!! they look so innocent!! LOL i'm sure all the people were just as happy to help out as ever!! :')) i hope your new year comes with many more blessings!!!! lots of love, medo & family
    talla says awwww the baby is soooooo cute :')))

• ibartoo
    16 years ago

Awww, Melissa, I hope this New year's will bring you and your gorgeous family many many blessings! You ARe LOVED.

• veeja11
    16 years ago

What a beautiful family, you are blessed. did the kids get gifts they liked ? looks like you are truly a bunny. we love ya, may you be blessed in the new year. hugs carol

• raggedyann161420
    16 years ago

Melissa, Your kids are soooo cute,(If they could only stay little till....) It seems like they are always stepping on your feet, and the next thing you know they are leaving the nest. THEY GROW UP MUCH TOO FAST!

I was glad to help out, and I wish you and your family a great New Year.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• karenh71867
    16 years ago

Melissa, I'm so glad you and your family had a nice Christmas! Love those smilin' faces!!
    Karen/kalena67

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Melissa,
    Wishing You and your Family a very Happy, Healthy New Year!
    I'm so happy you had a nice Christmas! ;)

Hugs,
    Deb

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I just wanted to say THANKS again. The kids haven't quit playing with their toys since Christmas! LoL
    I have to drag the boys downstairs, even to eat!

I mentioned this to Tracy, but wanted to let everyone else involved know too, as it IS a sort of Christmas miracle that everyone helped to create.
    ~My husband is a very serious person, and has never really liked Christmas at all. It has really gotten worse over the past few years, maybe because we haven't been able to provide much for our kids? I don't really know, he's never talked about it. He's always been a scrooge, and never liked hearing Xmas songs, would always turn the radio off and avoid church like the plague until after Christmas (didn't like hearing the Xmas music during the worship service). Anyway, when I received the first box, which was from Tracy, I myself was in shock....but managed to show him the note Tracy had included, and also the gifts for the kids. This man, whom I have been married to for 10 years, and have never seen cry but once....broke into tears. He asked "why would they do this for us, they don't know us!" So we sat and cried together. After that day, he changed. He never explained, he just started acting different, happier, I guess. He took the kids to see Santa, he started singing Christmas carols, WENT TO CHURCH and sang there!!...even took the kids out to see Christmas lights in the downtown square, which I've been trying to get him to do for LITERALLY 10 years!! The last time we went was in 1997, when my oldest was 1!! He even got excited about playing Santa on Christmas morning! For the first time EVER!

And it's not just with the Christmas stuff, either. He's been more ... I don't know, maybe relaxed is a good word for it? Happier, more carefree....playing with the kids more....everything!

It's been like a huge burden has been lifted from his shoulders, and I KNOW it wasn't just the presents. He is still in AWE that anyone would have done something like this, he keeps telling me "I think they did too much! They went overboard! I can't believe they did that!!" With a big, sappy grin on his face the entire time...it's so funny!

So I wanted to let all of you know that while the toys were wonderful....and so very appreciated!....The best gift ya'll have given my family this year has been to help renew my husband's spirit. You can never know how much this means to me, to have him be happy & joyful again.

It's really a miracle, and I can NEVER thank you all enough.

Melissa

• diene
    16 years ago

Good Morning HNB:
    What a wonderful ending to a great story!! I hope the spirit stays with him for the rest of his Christmas's (not sure on how to do that properly).
    What I missed about Christmas this year was the children. Usually I celebrate with my siblings at their homes but because Mom was here having her hip done, I was unable to travel. There is nothing that replaces the joy of a child on Christmas morning. How blessed you are to have that five fold. Enjoy them, they grow up too fast.
    Hope you have a wonderful 2008. diene

• mellen
    16 years ago

Melissa, this just gives me goosebumps. Thank you for sharing this. I feel privileged to have had a tiny part in it. Your husband and your family are in my prayers. This is so AWESOME!!! LOL Mary Ellen

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Melissa, this has been an amazing experience for me too. I know that when Trina called me and we got together and worked out a list of folks to contact that neither one of us expected the response that we got.

Everyone here has taught me so much about the joy and spirit of Christmas. I am blessed to know so many wonderful people. There were times during the holidays that were not so great in my family and watching the efforts of everyone here and knowing that something so good was about to happen really kept my focus on the right things.

Thank you to everyone who made this such a wonderful Christmas and for making a difference in my life as well as Miss Bunny's family. You all truly are a beautiful people. I am lucky to know all of you.

I think that this will stay in your hubby's heart. I can't help but think of Mr. Scrooge in A Christmas Carol. He has found his Christmas spirit and I think you can't shake it once you've got it.

• galium
    16 years ago

Melissa-It's wonderful that your DH got into the spirit of Christmas.

GW members may not know each other face to face but we do know each other in spirit.

• veeja11
    16 years ago

Wow we didn't want payment but your story is inspiring. thankyou for sharing, just wish I could have been a fly on the wall for your christmas. Thankyou big hugs and lots of love carol