lilangel181

update: ~mnf~ hanukkah gelt #2

lilangel181
14 years ago

Happy Holidays... page 2!

~~~Don't Forget~~~

~Packages should be a medium flat rate box with delivery confirmation

~Send by date is Dec 19th.

~New members will be asked to send their end out first.

~In the tradition of chocolate gelt, please send chocolate goodies as well.

~Check back. There is always something interesting going on!

Laura sends to Dan (Dan The Mailman)

April sends to Linda (Lindaruzicka)

Linda sends to Gladys (GladGourd)

Amelia sends to Laura (LiLangeL181)

Dan sends to Maryann (Maps31)

Gladys sends to April (Dirt Under My Nails)

Maryann sends to Amelia (Amelia Pepper Lady)

Comments (63)

• hazelnutbunny
    14 years ago

Thanks, Dan...This year has just built up in me, I think. I'll be glad when it's over. 2010 has got to be better!

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

Amen to that one. I'm looking forward to 2010 too. One thing I've found that eases the pain/tension is cuddling up with a warm cat. Somehow, the load lightens up as the purring continues. Try it out, and let me know how it works out for you, okay?
    If all else fails, I've got more hugs I can send your way...

Peace.
    -Dan

• lilangel181
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hey Bunny... Rufus volunteers for extended snuggles, and Im sending hugs, love and a cuppa tea your way too!

Happy 4th night of Hanukkah

• amelia_pepper_lady
    14 years ago

Laura's package went out this afternoon.

DC # 0308 3390 0001 8835 1956

• amelia_pepper_lady
    14 years ago

Is it time for another game?

I'm just a child at heart. I love to play.

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

My box will be going out tomorrow and I'll post the conformation number when I get back.

• lilangel181
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Happy 5th night!

So yall want another round of 20 questions?? Im ready when you are!

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

I don't know if Maryann knows to post it here or not, but she received her package yesterday and sent me an e-mail of thanks.

Peace.
    -Dan

• lilangel181
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Maryann!! You should come here and gloat about all the great things youve received! Dan, your package should be going out this afternoon.

Laura sends to Dan (Dan The Mailman)
    Amelia SENT to Laura (LiLangeL181)
    Dan SENT to Maryann (Maps31) RECEIVED

• lilangel181
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Its so quiet in here tonight... Happy 6th night of Hanukkah! Dan, your conf# is under my cat, but I can get it if you need it. Anyone else who has sent please let us know, as the deadline is supposed to be Saturday!

Laura SENT to Dan (Dan The Mailman)

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

((chuckle))
    Laura, I know how that goes, and cats don't move at all, unless of course, there are treats involved, or a bug, or a mouse, or, or, or... lol, go ahead and post the dc# when no one is laying on it, it's always a lot of fun to watch it get closer and closer.

In the meantime, have a good night everyone! This mailman is tired and going to bed!

Peace.
    -Dan

• dirt_under_my_nails
    14 years ago

Morning All!

My box went out to Linda yesterday. Confirmation number is....somewhere....crap! Gotta get it out of my email.

Ok.......it's 9405 5036 9930 0078 8520 98

Today is my last full day of peace before the kiddos are out of school.They will be out till Jan.5! Anyone else ever play the their kids gifts before you give them to them? We have been hooking up their Wii & fit board every night after they go to bed.Then stashing it before 2:30 every afternoon.Is that bad? I wrapped the empty box for them to unwrap. LOL!!!
    Gotta run, gonna hit Game Stop for some used games. MUCH cheaper that way!!!

later...April

• lilangel181
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Laura SENT to Dan (Dan The Mailman)
    April SENT to Linda (Lindaruzicka)

April, Id probably play with the toys too, mom and dad sometimes had us open empty boxes, or envelopes with pictures of our gifts. Now I know why! Good luck between now and the 5th!

So I gave myself a present since no one else has been around here for a while. I picked up an adorable little terrarium at an antiques store last night for $1, and set it up with some moss for now. Just waiting on a few other mini plants. Its 7" tall and 5" wide, and Im hoping I (read: The Cats) dont kill it!

Anyone else get anything yet? If not, what do you hope for?
    ~Laura

• dirt_under_my_nails
    14 years ago

Laura~ Love the terrarium. I splurged & bought my self some Midnight Pomegranate items at Bath & Bodyworks.I know, it doesn't sound like it would smell very good does it? I was shocked & now it's one my favorites right along with Sensual Amber & Coconut Lime Verbena or Winter Candy Apple!

later...April

• amelia_pepper_lady
    14 years ago

RAIN!!!!!!!!!

We've been having so much rain. It's depressing. Yesterday was our only day without rain in about 2 weeks. (It was partly, read mostly, cloudy.) And, back to raining this morning.

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

Today my Christmas present to myself arrived from Thompson & Morgan. I splurged on myself and spent over $100 on seeds, onion & shallot sets, and a composter. Woohoo!!! The composter collapses for storage, and I want to go rake some leaves or peel some taters so I can start using it! LOL!
    Last summer my big "experiment" was using hanging flower pouches, and this coming summer will be this composter. Here's what I learned from the hanging pouches... less holes is better, they dry out extremely fast (probably because of the amount of holes (24) I had in mine), tomatoes and cukes grow well in them, but beans grow the best, and it's difficult to water them with a hose. Live and learn, right? hehe
    I'm going to have to wait until March (at least) before my onions and shallots arrive, but that's okay. Here's a list of the seeds I bought myself...
    Alyssum procumbens seeds: Sweet White
    Annual Grasses Mixed seeds
    Antirrhinum majus seeds: Royal Bride (these look gorgeous!)
    Antirrhinum nanum seeds: Dwarf Bedding Mixed
    Clianthus puniceus seeds (lobster claws)
    Coleus seeds: T&M Prize Strain Improved Mixed
    Cosmos bipinnatus seeds: Rubenza (NEW THIS YEAR!)
    Eschscholzia caespitosa seeds: Monarch Mixed
    FLOWERING CABBAGE 'Northern Lights Mixed' F1 Hybrid
    Gaillardia pulchella seeds: Razzle Dazzle
    Chamomile seeds (Anthemis nobilis)
    Lithops seeds: Pebble Plants Mixed (these look so cool!)
    Melons : Minnesota Midget
    Osteospermum hybrida seeds: Giant Mixed
    Osteospermum pluvalis seeds: Tetra Sunshine Giants
    Osteospermum pluvialis seeds: African Moon
    Red Brunswick onion sets
    Rosemary seeds (I love cooking with rosemary!)
    Rudbeckia hirta seeds: Chim Chiminee
    Rudbeckia x hirta seeds: Cherry Brandy
    Sedum seeds: Rock Garden Mixed
    Shallots: Yellow sets
    Stuttgarter onion sets
    THUNBERGIA alata 'Beauty Spots'
    Thyme seeds : Old English
    Viscaria occulata Patio Mixed

And now I'm thinking about getting myself one more gift... a tattoo. I've been wanting/thinking of a tattoo for a few years now, and my customers have been kind of generous this past couple of weeks, so I'm thinking that I might take my tip money and get a wolf tattoo in January. We'll see.
    Why a wolf? Well, I've always had an affinity for them, even to the point where I consider the wolf my personal totem. And some of you thought it would be a cat, didn't you? ((grin))

Anywho, that's MY day. Hope everyone else is having a good one!

Peace.
    -Dan

• dirt_under_my_nails
    14 years ago

Dan~I say go for the tattoo!!Just be warned they can be addicting!! I have 2 small ones & would like more but hard to part with that kind of money until the kids move out. So in 15 years I can get another one! LOL!!!
    Now I'm off to google the THUNBERGIA alata 'Beauty Spots' that you bought.

later...April

• lilangel181
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Happy 6th day of Hanukkah (photobucket wont let me upload). Im glad to hear everyone is getting themselves such nice things.

April, that midnight pomegranate sounds like it would smell great!

Amelia, according to the DC# I expect your package to arrive tomorrow. Im all excited! *hops up and down* I hope the mail comes early tomorrow! Maybe "someone" can pull some strings for me?

Dan, you cant be a cat because Im one! Although thats never stopped the cat population I suppose... Pretty sure Ive been a house cat in a past life at the very least. The wolf tattoo, however, sounds like it would be your style. Dont forget to send us all pictures!

Has anyone heard from Gladys or Linda? Especially Gladys since she said she was new to swaps. (I have her info in my email if needed.) Id like to make sure her end goes out soon. *pokes their screen names with a stick*

• lilangel181
    Original Author
    14 years ago

ok, today is night 7... I KNEW my menorah looked 'off' tonight! Hey April, whatcha got tattooed? *waggles eyebrows*

• winnie850
    14 years ago

Gladys is here and has been busy lurking. I've been in touch with my swap partners and I'll be mailing April's package on Saturday.
    I have done seed exchanges before but never this type. I have enjoyed reading everyone's postings.
    I've been very busy at work - we had a major layoff in October and when one of my staff was laid off and another out due to a medical problem - I had to do it all. I also was in charge of the holiday party - it was on Tuesday - and just have not had the energy to post. Sorry.

• dirt_under_my_nails
    14 years ago

Laura~Nothing naughty!!(Saving that for when I get ready for piercings!LOL!)Just some small butterflies on my ankle & a bigger butterfly on my back.

later....April

• lilangel181
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Happy to hear from you Gladys! I was afraid you had gotten scared and run away, glad youre enjoying it instead! I hope it was a good party and everyone appreciated the hard work. What do you do at work?

April, who said it was naughty anyway? Cant a girl just get a good eyebrow waggle in once and a while?! *grins*

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

Piercings April? Cool! I've seen some interesting ones before, you'll have to show us pictures of those too! hehehe ((wolfish grin))

When I was in college I had my ear pierced, but didn't even make it three months with it. My hair kept getting tangled up in it at night, and jerking me awake. So, out went the ear ring! And, before any of you ask, my hair at the time was about a foot long. Ah, our wild youth, eh?

Have a good day everyone, it's time for me to fly...

***On Dancer, on Vixen, on Prancer...***

Ho! Ho! Ho!
    -Dan

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

Gladys, your confirmation number is: 0309 0330 0002 3663 0381;;;

Sorry I haven't been on much. My daughter is moving out as we speak to her first place and it's been insane around here! I don't have anything baked, no presents ready and my house isn't decorated..no stress here!..LOL

I did receive Aprils's wonderful box today. I'm posting it separate!

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

April sent a wonderful box! In her box was:
    a funny farm calendar, this is a calendar that has funny pictures of farm animals.
    mint medley tea (I love mint tea!)
    Hershey's scented lip balm (reese's, york peppermint pattie, hersheys)yummy!
    chiradelli coffee chocolate cameral and chocolate peppermint..smells awesome
    planter's mixed nuts (hid them from my husband.."L")
    flowered hanging bags (really pretty)
    a stuffed chocolate scented Rudolph, he is so cute!!
    merci Eureopean chocolate (this stuff is sooooooo goooodddddd!!!!!)
    a cute card with seeds poppy oh la la, chocolate flowers

thanks so much April! I just loved my box! ((HUG))

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

I got my box from Laura today, and it was way cool! She included toys and treats for the cats, handmade ornaments for my Victorian Christmas tree, photo ornaments (gonna use 1 this year for a picture of the kids and saving the other one for a picture of them next year), enamel ornaments, a "grow it yourself" christmas tree kit (already have'em planted), flavored coffee (the ONLY kind I drink!), an amaryllis bulb, cilantro seeds, and a cow-faced flower pot! Everything was wrapped up and each package had tags on it to let me know who it was for. And yes, Stella and Bump helped me open everything...lol! This box was truly the capstone on a great day!
    THANK YOU LAURA!!!

Now, I have a question for you all... Have any of you used those mini patio greenhouses before? The kind with the 4 or 5 shelves, and are covered with clear plastic? I'm thinking about purchasing one but would like some input from someone who's used them before.

Peace.
    -Dan

• amelia_pepper_lady
    14 years ago

Where is everyone?

• maps31
    14 years ago

Amelia!
    I got home Monday, or was it sunday ... I am so confused as to what day it is!
    so I will be getting your box out earlier then I thought I would be able to.
    DAN .... remember, one thing about tattos, when you are old and wrinkled the candy stripers will unfold your flaps to see what they are. Piercings? the secong one on each closed up (on my ears) decades ago and a couple years ago I stopped to get new shoes while going to a wedding and picked up earrings that looked cute and sassy. problem was, my ears had started to close and the clerk offered to help me, he said "let me help, I have daughters"
    a good laugh and red ear lobes for the party!
    I wish I could have play more but there was an emergency, and well ... when it rains it pours!
    Dan! what fun! thank you so very much!
    you guys are all so great.
    mozaltof!

• winnie850
    14 years ago

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. The weatherman took that song seriously! I had planned to mail April's box yesterday but the 20 inches of snow we received stopped everything.
    We are shoveling out today. Did anyone else get this storm? It was amazing but put a real damper on all the Christmas shoppers who hoped to get that last weekend in.

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

you have 20 inches of snow??? I'll take the 7 inches of snow we got happily then!.."L".

Been moving my daughter into her own place and trying to get caught up...how about a nice round of hot cocoa, marshmellows and a sit by the fire??..."making coco with mini marshmellows and stoking up the fire"....ah wait..here's some chocolate chip cookies to go with it!!..."passing out napkins"

• hdiperna
    14 years ago

Linda you always have the best ideas!! I made some Biscotti that I can share. It's Chocolate dipped in melted Chocolate!!

Heidi

• amelia_pepper_lady
    14 years ago

OK, I know I'll hated for this.

I'm wearing shorts, T-shirt, and sandals today.

And, DH made Snickerdoodles and chocolate chip cookies last night!

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

That's okay Amelia, don't sweat it. It got to 32 degrees yesterday, so I delivered the mail in shorts and a t-shirt. My customers and co-workers thought I was crazy, but the heater in my car is an excellent one, so I was fine all day long. Even if there was over a foot of snow on the ground outside.
    ***grin***
    Just four, count'em four, more days of delivering the mail, then I have a THREE DAY weekend!!! Somebody pour me a glass of wine!

Peace.
    -Dan

• amelia_pepper_lady
    14 years ago

Yeah, but I was running the A/C, not the heat.

• lilangel181
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hellooo all, glad to see things didnt fall apart while I was away! I ended up hitching a last minute ride with Duncan, and his family, to my friend (/slash/ his twin brother) Chris' graduation in Pennsylvania. It was very nice. He got his Masters in Communication.

Laura SENT to Dan (Dan The Mailman) RECEIVED
    April SENT to Linda (Lindaruzicka) RECEIVED
    Linda SENT to Gladys (GladGourd)

Did I miss anything off the updated list? I know I have at least one package waiting for me in the manager's office, so Ill pick it up tomorrow. Im so glad you love everything Dan. Also, did Bump and Stella steal the chocolate Chex, or did you get some? And the cilantro is supposed to be the cow's 'hair'. See what I mean about getting overly crafty?? I'm like the nice Martha Stewart!

***Also, while I was gone my AOL screen name was used to FWD spam mail, so if you get a mysterious link with no message attached PLEASE do NOT open it! If you already did maybe run a virus check just in case, as I dont know what it is.***

~Laura

• winnie850
    14 years ago

We dug our way out of the snow. Schools here are closed to let the road crews keep up with the plowing. Maryland is just not good at dealing with the snow but, in this case, its justifiable.
    April's package is sent. Confirmation # 0411 9503 2660 2305 0906. It was fun collecting items for "my new friend."
    Today is Winter Solstice. Is anyone winter-sowing today?
    gladys

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

Laura, I hid the chex mix so I could have it this coming weekend. I'm going to need some serious relaxation time this weekend, if I get it. My roommate had an accident here at the house this morning, throwing his back out. So, after working 9+ hours today, and probably each day the rest of the week, I get to come home and babysit him. The V.A. clinic prescribed some pretty good drugs for him, so I've told him to stay out of the kitchen, no shovelling snow, and no housework. I don't mind though, he's been pretty good about taking care of me whenever I'm sick.
    Of course, the cats are doing what they can to "help". Bump is doing his part by laying down in our way whenever we're walking somewhere, and Stella continues her quest to re-arrange the house. Is this some kind of female thing? Now that she has the Christmas tree redone, she's taken to moving the various rugs in the house. Yesterday morning she pulled the braided rug I have in the entryway over to the presents under the tree and arranged it until she had it exactly where she wanted it, tugging and pulling at the various corners until is was "just so". Then, she pulled one of my shoes onto the rug to its spot, laid her head on the shoe, and proceeded to go to sleep. All of this took about 15-20 minutes, during which we had a great time laughing and being amazed.
    Whatever happens next, I will continue to be glad that I am not the only one living in this house. I wouldn't mind a nice, lazy afternoon of peace and quiet, with a nice glass of wine though. How many days until Spring???

Can you tell my mind is a bit fuzzy? lol

Peace.
    -Dan

• amelia_pepper_lady
    14 years ago

90 days

• lilangel181
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Amelia, Im jumping through the computer to hug you!!! What an amazing box! Everything was so thoughtful, especially the Hanukkah recipe book you prepared for me. I never had a chance to grab holiday recipes from my grandmother (her apartment complex burned down a few years ago and she lost everything that would burn) so these mean a lot! I also received recipes for all types of chocolate goodies, lots of herbal tea, craft supplies, goats milk soaps, a 2010 'garden herbs' calender, votive candles and holders, seeds for every type of sunflower imaginable, chocolate gelt, knit winter caps, did I forget anything?? Im sitting in a pile of blue wrapping paper just like when I was little... aaaah memories! *Serious Hugs!*

Linda SENT to Gladys (GladGourd)
    Amelia SENT to Laura (LiLangeL181) RECEIVED
    Gladys SENT to April (Dirt Under My Nails)

• winnie850
    14 years ago

I emailed Linda to thank her for all the cool gifts in the box I received yesterday. Linda reminded me that I should let everyone know that I received it and tell you about the contents. The gifts were so nice and warmed a cold and wintry post-snow storm evening. There was lots of chocolate (Peanut butter Tandy Cakes from Tasty Cake, whitman's chcocolate and even some fudge!.) Linda knitted a pair of slippers that fit me nicely and are quite warm. There were ornaments (the gold angel was especially beautiful). Note pad, note cards, bird house and some great tomato and flower seeds.

NOW I UNDERSTAND WHY EVERYONE LIKES THIS SO MUCH!

• lilangel181
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Gladys, its great to see (create) another trade junkie! It really is addicting, and the people in MNF (and all over GW) are great! Someone different hosts every month, so its always changing. If you don't already know, there is a rate and review forum where you can search for people by GW name, and post about your experiences with a trader for others.

Amelia, have you been in touch with Maryann? Im not worried as Ive always had lovely trades with her before, and I know she has family things going on. I just want to make sure you're good.

Linda SENT to Gladys (GladGourd) RECEIVED
    Gladys SENT to April (Dirt Under My Nails)

• dirt_under_my_nails
    14 years ago

Evening All!Sorry I've been MIA, had a bad cold/flu thingy. Trying to overcome it!!
    Sounds like everyone has sent & received some really great boxes!Just checked the delivery confirmation # that Gladys sent me.My box will be here 2morrow!!!Now I'm trying to plan out how to open it without being mauled by the kids. LOL!!!They know I share!!Plus any box arriving in Dec just HAS to be for them.

All my shopping is done & everything is wrapped! How is everyone else doing?We just got finished making a cheese ball.Tastes much better than the 2 for 5$ deals from Wallyworld!
    ~Christmas Cheese Ball~
    2 8-oz packages cream cheese, slightly softened
    1 8-oz can crushed pineapple, well drained
    2 Tablespoons finely chopped green onion
    1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
    1 teaspoon seasoning salt
    2 cups chopped pecans, divided

Combine cream cheese, pineapple, green onion, bell pepper, seasoning salt, and 1 cup of pecans in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly. Cover and chill. When the cheese mixture is firm, form the entire mixture into a ball. Roll the ball in the remaining 1 cup of chopped pecans. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap until ready to serve. Serve with your favorite crackers.

Due to me & HUBBY being sick the dishes & laundry are getting backed up. Now that I feel up to cleaning, the breaker to the well keeps popping.So NO water!(Thank God for Purell!) The rental company was supposed to send an electrician out today to fix it. It's after 9 don't think they are coming tonight!!They better be here EARLY in the A.M.!I will need water for my coffee fix & shower.

later...April

• winnie850
    14 years ago

The cheese ball sounds yummy. That is awful that you don't have water. It is really tough with little kids in the house especially. Our house is all electric and on a well and when we lose power, not only do we have no light or heat but no water too! I feel your pain.
    Glad you are feeling better and I hope you enjoy the items I put in the box for you.
    Gladys

• dirt_under_my_nails
    14 years ago

Gladys~THANK YOU!!!!
    Inside there was:
    ~Jim Brickman Holiday CD(playing softly in the background as I type!)
    ~Bigelow Tea Sampler(will come in handy with this cold!)
    ~Cool Lemon/Lime Saver(didn't know there was such a thing!)
    ~Holiday Chocolate Bar(never go wrong with chocolate)
    ~Photo Album(always handy with kids,pets & our FLOWERS!)
    ~ Super Soft Blanket that has a teddy bear surrounded by purple flowers(this is so soft & kids are fighting over who gets to use it first!)
    ~ Assorted seeds from my want list(so loving the Gray Fog JMG!!!)

I'm off to enjoy my goodies!!!

later...April

• dirt_under_my_nails
    14 years ago

Sorry forgot to post this!!!

Also included were Shooting Stars~Queen Fabiola Bulbs

later...April

• lilangel181
    Original Author
    14 years ago

April, what a great box. Nice work Gladys and koodos on successfully completing your first group swap!

Linda SENT to Gladys (GladGourd) RECEIVED
    Gladys SENT to April (Dirt Under My Nails) RECEIVED
    Maryann sends to Amelia (Amelia Pepper Lady) ~Theyve worked something out so no hurry!

Thats everyone, and just in time for Christmas too! Does anyone have any good holiday plans to share? Whatever yall do be safe traveling!
    ~Laura

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

so, here's the next question on our collective minds, who's hosting the january swap and what's the theme?

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

now that I think about it, I'll volunteer to host the January swap. I'll post it now.
    Dan

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

good idea Dan...I just signed up!

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago