Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

o
UPDATE: Secret Santa Seed swap thanks and games #6

Posted by flwrs4ever 7 R.I. (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 14, 09 at 21:58

christmas thanks Pictures, Images and Photos

Here is a new thread to post thanks, chit chat, and play games...
thanks to all of you for makin this swap SOOO much fun !!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: UPDATE: Secret Santa Seed swap thanks and games #6

Holy Mackerel! I received FIVE cards today! Here I thought I had gotten the majority of my Santa gifts.

Big thank yous to:
Highalttransplant for a beautiful card and chives, Pepper "Alma Paprika", Asclepius tuberosa "Gay Butterflies", and Nyagous tomato.
Catrionaa for Carrots Danvers half long and Chantenay and Detroit dark red beets.
Pumpkingal for nasturtiums and red bell peppers.
Fcoffill for green hostas.
Bagardens for Detroit dark red and Detroit Golden beets and Mexican Sour Gherkins.

Thank you all so much! I have been waiting anxiously for this new thread to start so I could post my thanks.

I finally got my cards in the mail on Friday, it took me longer than I expected to pack them all up. I am very pleased with how many people I was able to send to this year.

Ellie

o

3S Christmas BINGO Card Pictures, Images and Photos

BINGO players forgive me, I was a bit busy and totally worn out Sunday, so Santa took a day off..lol

Here are Mondays B I N G O Words !!!

yuletide
vixen
snowflake
rooftop
noel

o

Kevin, hope you're feeling better soon. Read your soldier's night before Christmas and couldn't stop wiping my eyes...thank you. We have several bases right by us and know many that are currently over seas. We're keeping them in our prayers as well...but you'll also be included in those prayers, for a quick get well.

Today I received three very nice cards in the mail today....

from Cheryl - cherone7 I received a very nice card with delicata seeds - thank you so much.

from Jill - naturegirl236 I received blue bedder sage salvia farinacea, downy aster and Pineapple sage. Looking so forward to planting all of these...Thank you very much.

and from Kathy - catrionaa I received Aster Crego mix. I just love Asters and can't wait to see them in bloom...Thank you Thank you!!!!

Thank you all so very much. Happy planting and Happy Holidays.

Toni

o

I got more cards today!!!THANK YOU !!!
1.daffodillady-peppermintious delectus cuttings!!!
mixed hardy hibiscus
mixed cannas
california giants zinnias
candy cane mix zinnias
2. pumkingal-beautiful homemade card with
crazydaisy,purple
coneflower,amaranthus hot
biscuits ,sweet williams
and a little ornament kit
3.aphroditelaughs-boquet dill
basil
sunflower mix
4.karendee-hibiscus southern belle(pink)

o

I got more cards.

Big thankyous to:
Catrionaa: for a beautiful santa card and 4'0 clock, Radish crimson giant, sanpdragons tall deluxe mixed, bachelor's buttons blue bay and chilli pequin. Thank you so much.

Lisa831: for a cute santa card and white marigold seeds. I love white marigolds. Thank you so much

rane_grow: for cute angel card and black beauty eggplant and peony poppy seeds. I can't wait to try these seeds. Thanks a lot.

w9yards: for cute doggy card and Pomegranate, Meyer Lemon and Okra cajun delight seeds. Wow! I was really looking for these seeds.

bagardens (April): for cute doggy card and Romain hearts tintin, Okra clemson spineless, carnation giant chabaud dbl mix and Prizehead lettuce. Thank you so much for the seeds. These are my fave's.

It was such a fun!!
Sherly

o

Hi All,

I received more goodies from:

dan_the_mail_man: A very nice cards of Bump & Stella they look great in their winter garb

Danielle & Stella: A beautful handmade card and Bush Lake beans, French Mesclun mix

bagardens: I love your dog and is that your garden wow. Thank you for the sensation picotee cosmos,salad bowl lettuce, summertime head lettuce, prizehead lettuce

Margarita10

o

Hi to all,
I've been holding my cards so I can post all at one time. Now is that time. I think I'm done getting cards. I got them all real close together.

Many Thanks to:
hibiscusfan-for crazy daisy,rudbeckia-cherry brandy, white beardforgue, white obedient.
dusty314-forpurple morning glory, marigold
thinking-stomach-for oriole orange swiss chard
ishareflowers-for-tiarella silverado, astilbe
debby-1-for-smokey fennel
sandy2-for-milkyway morning glory, red frisbee hibiscus

If everyone is as pleased as I am with my seeds, This has been one sucessful trade. So much fun. Even though I don't get into the games and things, I do read everything that is posted.

I do hope this posting helps some know that there seeds were received. I've been thinking the same, if my seeds made it to where they were to go. If there was any postage due on any of my packs I do hope you would let me know and I will see that you get it back. The only one I was unsure about would be the walking onion, and I was not waiting in that line. Not in this lifetime.

I have a few more to go out when I go to town next.

Thank You everyone from one very happy elf.

Merry Christmas to all.........

ANYONE WANT ANY SNOW?

gmom

o

Hi to all,
I've been holding my cards so I can post all at one time. Now is that time. I think I'm done getting cards. I got them all real close together.

Many Thanks to:
hibiscusfan-for crazy daisy,rudbeckia-cherry brandy, white beardforgue, white obedient.
dusty314-forpurple morning glory, marigold
thinking-stomach-for oriole orange swiss chard
ishareflowers-for-tiarella silverado, astilbe
debby-1-for-smokey fennel
sandy2-for-milkyway morning glory, red frisbee hibiscus

If everyone is as pleased as I am with my seeds, This has been one sucessful trade. So much fun. Even though I don't get into the games and things, I do read everything that is posted.

I do hope this posting helps some know that there seeds were received. I've been thinking the same, if my seeds made it to where they were to go. If there was any postage due on any of my packs I do hope you would let me know and I will see that you get it back. The only one I was unsure about would be the walking onion, and I was not waiting in that line. Not in this lifetime.

I have a few more to go out when I go to town next.

Thank You everyone from one very happy elf.

Merry Christmas to all.........

ANYONE WANT ANY SNOW?

gmom

o

I've received some WONDERFUL cards in the last few days. Many thanks to karandee/Karen, highalttransplant/Bonnie, and booberry85/Becky for their generous sharing of some of my most wanted seeds.

I wish everyone a joyous holiday season.

o

I received seven cards today, well three from family and four from my GW friends. Bet you can guess which ones I opened first, LOL!

Thank yous to:

Ten Steps Ahead for the Crocosmia 'Lucifer'. I have one small plant, but the grasshoppers ate all of it this year, so I couldn't collect any seed to grow more. Very happy to have these seeds!

Canyonwind/Annie for Lychnis 'Lumina Red'. Wintersowed this one this past winter, but killed the sprouts, so I'll be wintersowing this one too. Oh, and also for the stevia. I can't wait to taste this one!

Graanieb for the Hibiscus 'Texas Star' (very pretty from the pictures I've seen!) and 'Confederate Rose'. She also sent some pepper seeds. Do you know if they are an ornamental or culinary type?

Cheryl (not sure of GW name) sent some Tom Thumb Butterhead lettuce. I love wintersowing lettuces! They are one of the first things to sprout, so I'll be wintersowing this as soon as the holidays are over.

Thank you to each one of you for taking the time to send me Christmas wishes, and share your seeds with me. I wish I could hug everyone of you!!!

Bonnie

o

WooooHoooooooo!

Received another card today, from generous Elf Micyrey. Whaddya know- That rhymed. :)

Micyrey's card is thoughtfully handmade, and very beautiful inside and out!!

It has several snowmen on it, and says "Think Snow!" It also has decoupage snowflakes which sparkle.
Thanks to some really cool translucent glitter on them, they actually resemble REAL snow!
How very cool... (pun intended, LOL.)

This card brings back joyous memories of a couple white Christmases I had as a child playing with snow, in the
Great Lakes region. :)

And the message inside is every bit as precious.

Thank you very much for this card, and the perennial Salvia Snow Nymph seeds, Micyrey. I like perennials.
Perfect to receive 'snow' themed seeds, this time of year!

Wish me luck with the sowing. Would be nice to attract some butterflies in Micyrey's honor! :)

o

Today brought 4 more cards to me.
1.pumkingal sent a delightful handmade card with marigolds,nasturtiums and a cute cookie ornament to put together.
2.ilovefarac sent a cute card and 3 types of marigolds.
3.karendee sent yellow french marigolds and homemade card.
4.crisann sent a polar bear card and 3 types of marigolds and moon gleam nasturtiums.
Today was a real marigold day.I know when i'm growing them next summer i will be thinking about all of you.Thanks so much for the cards and seeds.Dawn

o

Fantastic!
Another kind Elf (Wishdesign) has worked some holiday magic on my mailbox. :)

Her card includes a lovely, handwritten garden prosperity wish for 2010. Awesome...many of us need all the good wishes we can get next year- my family included!

Wishdesign gave me heirloom tomato 'Sophie's Choice' seeds, well protected with a layer of bubble wrap (yay!)
I actually gave a prayer of thanks when I saw what variety these are. Wanted 'em for a pretty long time now.

These precious heirloom seeds were mailed in a gorgeous, handmade pressed-flower card which displays flower art in a transparent 'window'... Such admirable craftiness! :)

One pressed flower is bluish-white. The other is a pale lavender. Probably originally a slightly darker shade like purple or blue-violet.

What kind of flowers are they?? The pressed foliage, added to enhance the flowers, looks sort of like carrot or wild carrot (Queen Annes Lace) foliage. But that's just a guess.

Delightful to see this fine old-fashioned hobby is not dead yet! My Grandma taught me this art many years ago.

Happy to see a very practical use for these delicately preserved lovelies. Definitely brings a smile to my face. :D

o

I have recieved 9 wonderful cards so far and each containing seeds! I have been so busy with my new job and trying to catch up with Christmas shopping I haven't had a chance to post till now. Thank you so much to each one of you that sent to me!! I will be sending out 8 cards with seeds in each Wed. and there will be many more to follow. : )
Blessings to all of you generous gardeners!

Cindy

o

I got 3 more cards yesterday (I fell asleep waiting for the new thread to start). I am so excited! Each one contained some really wonderful seeds!

~aphroditelaughs~
-Purple Sprouting Broccoli-I am really excited about this one, I was planning on ordering it for next year. Do you think I could plant some now, maybe in my cold frame? Was thinking if it got warm enough for it to sprout for a little while, I could plant it then. I know it is suppose to be planted in the fall and harvested in the spring. What do you suggest?
Anyhow, many many thanks, for the much wanted seeds!

~Booberry85~
-Blue Hubbard Squash- Have never grown this one before, but it sounds really cool, can not wait to see how big it is and what it tastes and looks like.
-Purple of Sicily Cauliflower- All of a sudden I have developed a big interest in colored cauliflower and broccoli, not sure why, but I am very excited about this one! (What am I not excited about? Haha)
-Broadleaf Mustard
Thank so very, very much for all the wonderful seeds, I just can not wait to try them all! Thanks!

~Highalttransplant~
I loved this card, handmade and very creative design and idea! Was really nice!
-Okra Red Burgundy- This is another thing that I have all of a sudden developed great interest in, all kinds of okra. I have realized that there are so many different kinds and I want to try them all.
-Strawberry Spinach- This is something that I just keep looking at in the catalogs and really would like to try I just never have. Now I can!
-Squash, Green Patty Pan-
-Tomato, Black Cherry-
-Pepper, Alma Paprika- I ordered a paprika pepper last year but it was out of stock. I really wanted this one too, I was so excited to see it!
I do not think I could thank you enough for so many wonderful seeds! Thank you, thank you, thank you so so much!

And many, many more thank you's to everyone. I have gotten so many things that I am so excited about! Maybe that is because I love everything. I do not think it could be possible for me to get something that I do not like. I just love everything. No matter what it is I promise you I will grow it and love it! Sorry, I just got kind of excited.

Anyhow, thank you again everyone! This Christmas time has been kind of a rough one, but you have all made it seem better. Every time I walk by my seed area where I have all my cards hanging, I see all the wonderful cards I have received and all the seeds and it makes me so happy every time. Thank you again everyone! And thank you for letting be be part of such a wonderful swap and Kym for hosting, I have been having so much fun!

Ok, it is kind of late and I think I better go back to sleep for a little bit before I must go to work. I think I am a little delirious:) Sorry for all the rambling, it must be too early in the morning for me (I am not a morning person).

I am almost done with the rest of my card, hopefully I will get them done tomorrow, and in the mail. It is nice to see my cards beginning to arrive at their destinations. It is just as exciting to see that someone got my card as it is to get one myself.

Wow, I think I just wrote a book better stop now.

o

I got three more cards yesterday!

Bashful gardener sent me a beautiful handmade card and a nifty garden-related "Twas the night before Christmas" spoof in it. Hee! It contained a bunch of seeds too: broccoli raab, two heirloom tomatoes, and dragon tounge beans.

Chere sent me another lovely card with a nice variety of lettuce and salad green seeds.

Aphroditelaughs sent me scarlet runner beans, dragon tounge beans, dill, and purple sprouting broccoli.

I'm so glad I participated in this swap. So much stuff here I've always been wanting to try. Plus the cards look so nice on the shelf in the living room next to the Xmas tree. :-)

o

Just when I thought things may be winding down. I received quite a few cards yesterday!

Big thanks to:
Toni (dirtdiggin) for Corno Di Toro Rosso, Corno Di Toro Giallo & Rudbeckia Cappucchino

Highaltransplant & Family - What a beautiful hand made card, Bonnie! Thank you for the Tequila Sunrise Peppers, Ruby Gold Rudbeckia & Asclepias tuberosa (this one I need to look up!)

Aphroditelaughes for the Kidney beans, Chocolate Smoke Nictiana & Scullcap

Ilovefarac for the Nicotiana Sylestis, Nicotiana TinkerBell & Nicotiana Sensation Mix

This swap has been so much fun! It's a good thing I have three months now to look through seeds and figure out what I can plant (I WANT to plant them ALL!!)

o

I received 3 cards yesterday!! What fun it is to open these cards full of the spirit of the holiday season.

Thank you Chere for the lime basil, lemon basil, pak choi and red romaine. I am salivating just thinking about the red romaine.

Thank you pumkingal for the nice homemade card, ornament craft, nasurium, eyeball, and mixed bell peppers. LOL what in the world is eyeball??? It will be fun to see this one.

Thank you Lisa831 for the red, yellow and orange bell peppers as well as the early jalapeno. I am going to be eating well this year.

o

*************UPDATE *************

HAVE U MAILED CARDS AGAIN..DID U SEND ME A LIST OF ADD ONS ??? PLEASSSSEEEEE EMAIL ME, AND LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVENT !!

ALL CARDS FROM THIS SWAP NEED TO BE MAILED NO LATER THEN DEC 20TH TO ENSURE THEY ARRIVE DURING THE HOLIDAY SEASON ! Plus,I need a total to finish our number game :D

I have a few people that didnt send me a list..I will be emailing you asking for one ..so I can keep the records straight, and totals. I also want to make sure all have recieved.

THANKS to you ALL , I hope this has brought the "Holiday Spirit" to ALL of you !!

I have a friend surprised me and is coming in from out of town tonight and tomorrow. Krystal will still post the Bingo words..but if you email , I may not get back to you until Thursday !

MUCH thanks to anyone that has mailed cards to my house, I too am waiting to open till Christmas..they will be a joy to open !! Hugs to you all :D

o

It's been a few days and I've received several great cards.

Cheryl sent a very nice card with Victoria Rubarb, my husband loves rubarb.

Bogardens sent a homemade card that my dogs just loved. They both tried to get in my lap to check it out, and one of them is over 50 pounds. She included, Broccoli, kale, mexican sour gerkin, and straight eight cucumbers.

Aphroditelaughs sent a very nice card with kidney beans, long beans, amaranth biscuits, pole beans, large leaf basil, purple sprouting broccoli, zinnia mix, and sunflower mix.

Daffodillady sent a great card with formosa lily, noid cucumber, amaryliss (which I can't wait to plant), zinnia candy cane and giant cactus zinnia.

Everyone has been so great with this swap. One of the best I've ever participated in.

Thank you
Debby

o

I came back from running errands and mailbox had wonderful surprises! Yippee! Thank you so much to:
-bagardens for the cutest reindog card and lovely spring pics and seeds for marshmallow (woohoo!) and Kentucky wonder beans (mmmm!)

- lisa831 for the Santa card with snapdragon seeds (my daughter and I both love snapdragons)

- pumkingal for a cute homemade card and surprise craft with hot biscuits & elephant hand amaranthus(2 more I didn't have), pomegranate, sensitive plant, and ponytails (nice surprises!)

- aphroditelaughs for making me laugh! I asked how many kinds of amaranth could there be and aphrodite answered with seeds for hot biscuits, double color, giant red, green tails, marvel bronze, and pygmy torch amaranth! Then added in some red kidney beans (yay!) I've lost count of how many different types of amaranth I have now but I'm sorting all my seeds so I'll know soon. It will be so much fun to see them all.

- yotetrapper, I must apologize because I found your card in my seed box with other cards and I don't know when I got it or what was in it, maybe amaranth. Either way, sorry and thank you so much!

Getting anxious for my cards to get to people. I don't have a lot of seed since I'm a newbie but I wanted to share what I had if someone wanted it. GWers are wonderful and this seed swap has really been great. Thank you all for sharing seed, sharing time, sharing what you received, and being generous in all of it. Every part has been wonderful.

-

o

Hope everyone is safe and well...and dry!
We have so far beat the record for most rain in any month, 22" and climbing, at the New Orleans airport, about 25 m from me. Pumps are working so far, but there are floodings, hope and pray rains stop soon.
So glad my cards and seeds are making it to you.
Bonnie, those peppers are mostly edible, smaller ones -up to 1 1/2 in aren't, part of them are "Trifetti", larger ones are Tabasco, Chili, Cayenne, Bull's horn -Corno Di Torro Rosso ( sp? ) ...got a new plant,couldn't resist at the farmer's market ( where I took pepper, pumkin and basil seeds)-pretty pepper " Masquerade", sent out a few pkts recently. Just checked your page and glad to see you have different peppers than me.
Missing Pepper " Holiday Cheer ", used to have a few around this time...love em, but it's LOOK AND DON'T TOUCH. :)

Wishing you wellness and joy,

Bea

o

I got some more cards!!
I'm sorry I am late in posting thank you's I just got done with finals for college and I was just studying 24/7. Yesterday was my last day of tests!!
Here are the cards I got in the last week:

a pretty Christmas tree card from Frances with queensland blue pumpkin seeds! Thank you!

sandy2 sent a card with pinecones on it and dutchmans pipe vine! Thank you!

appaloosa909 sent a pretty Christmas tree card with celery, and luffa gourd seeds! thank you!

plant one on me sent a cute dancing snowman card with chinese cabbage! Thank you!

Iris sent a cute santa card with atlantic giant pumpkin, spaghetti squash, and large american flag leeks! Thank you!

booberry85 sent a cute kitten card with long island brussels sprouts, calabrese broccoli, and early white bush patty pan squash! Thank you!

I have more thank you's coming! Keep mail boxing because my cards are going out today!
Holly

o

I think that ya'll are the best!! I was not expecting this many cards~~and the seeds have been fantastic as well. I wish that there were words to describe the laughter, tears, joy, excitement, fustration, sorrow, comfort, and love, that you have shared with me, and allowed me to be part of, over the last three years. Thank you guys and gals so very much, and may our growing season be the best ever!! (((HUGS)))

dan_the_mailman: fun homemade card with Bump n Stella

sandy2: Hibiscus Red Frisbee, Tithonia Goldfinger

Rane_grow: Phlox- twinkle mixed, Vinca- Santa Fe mixed

ilovefarac: mixed Vinca, Sedum Purple Emperor, Verbena Hastata

Pumkingal: beautiful homemade card with log cabin, gomphrena, Mexican Sunflower torch, Gloriosa Daisy,
Rudebeckia- Cappachinio, Sedum- Autumn Joy, and a cute ornament magnet for me to put together. My grandfather used to hand cut and build log cabins for folks around the Seneca Lake area in southern Ohio when I was just a girl- what memories your card brought back.

Fcoffill: Cypress Vine- Red, What a cool ideal- to turn the card inside out and use it as its own envelope!!

Mao Tse mom: Poppy-annual grape/lilac mix, Calendula- Candyman Orange, Tithonia Mexican Sunflower orange, and a too cute "A Christmas Story" card

Ruthz: Poppies- Laurens Grape, Datura- Purple Ballarina, Red Cypress Vine, Rudbeckia- Cherry Brandy, and a western themed card from MD Andersons (MD Anderson has a special place in my heart, as they have helped healed or prolonged the lives of many of my family members over the years) Cancer Kids art project to go with mao tse moms cowboy card- LOL

Cherone7: Carrot- New Kurodo; I have not tried growing carrots in containers yet, but excited now to try them

I love seeing the different shapes and sizes of the seeds, as well as looking up the care and growing conditions of the plants- almost as much as seeing them bloom ~LOL!!~

o

Ok, I'm back with more thank you's!

I got a very nice really big card from bagardens with a picture of her puppy on the front in antlers and a bow, and pictures of her gardens on the back and an elf on the inside! Very cool! She gave me utah celery, snowball early cauliflower, long island brussels sprouts, and calabrese broccoli! Thank you!

wipe yo feets sent a pretty fireplace card with dishrag luffa gourd, and little gem lettuce! Thanks!
:)
Holly

o

More cards yesterday, somehow the posting didn't show up!!

Thanks to :
dirtggin,booberry85,daffodillady, & pumkingal!

later...April/dirt_under_my_nails

o

Thanks to...

Bea~ triple yellow Datura and Confederate Rose Hibiscus

crisann~ Hosta Elegans, yellow primrose, chives and lambs ear

I can't wait to see these blooming!!

Heidi

o

I receive more cards from

Homemade card Cheryl & Company
Homemade sparkle card Pumpkingal seeds and an ornament.
and from Church in the snow daffodillady

Thank you so much. I would write more but I have a cold right now. Check in later.

Chere

o

Bagardens: I forgot to say your dog is adorable and your garden is amazing! How much space do you have? So jealous.

Ellie

o

daffodillady
Every year I end up with a pile of cards leftover with no envelopes, why this happens I am not sure. :O I decided to put them to work for me this year instead of throwing them out!

yesterday I recieved mixed marigolds from daffodillady
and
pink mallow and marigolds from pumpkingirl! very pretty card and DIY ornament!

Thank you both!

Frances

o

Oh my gosh - I thought I was done and I got five more cards Saturday and today! Thanks so much to everyone - this has been so much fun!

Rane_grow sent me Bonfire Salvia
Frances sent me some pink yarrow
Yotetrapper sent Clara Curtis daisy, Cosmos 'Candy Stripe' and pink hollyhock
Pumkingal sent Mexican Sunflower 'Torch' and white and light pink hollyhock mix, along with an adorable birdhouse ornament kit
gmom2-6boys sent pink and pink/yellow hollyhock seeds

I was hoping for lots of hollyhocks to grow along my garage, so I'm thrilled to get some of those, and the salvia and yarrow will help bring in the butterflies and hummingbirds I want to attract to the yard. Thanks so much everyone!

Sandra

o

aphroditelaughs, I know it seems like a lot of space (and at one time it was to me also), but I am slowly running out of growing room. Ok, I admit quickly running out of growing room! I have lost track of exactly how much garden space we have now because we expand every year. We have 2 acres, not all is gardens though (would like it all to be). We have a pond, creek, and lots of trees that keep us from planting all of it.

Copper (my dog on the front of the card) is such a good sport about wearing stuff like that he just sits there and takes it all. My other dog is a different story, when I try to put say a santa hat on her she rolls over on her back as if she is submitting to me. I do have a picture of her with a santa hat on though and she has the saddest look on her face. It is funny though. I will post the picture when I find it.

debby 1, that is funny about your dogs. I can imagine mine would do the same thing. They are usually right there whenever I open a card anyhow because I guess they think it may be for them or something.

o

OMGosh!!
I got a few more cards today,
Firs of all i would like to thank Frances for her card and Sweet Alyssum seeds,a real pretty card, with the earth,and a red ribbon circling,with a dove carrying the ribbon,saying Peace on Earth.Thank you Frances so much.
And from Debby,a cute snow man card, i love snow men Debby,and i love the Dusty Miller Seeds as well,I can't wait to start WSing.Thank you.
And from Andrea******
What can i say,thank you seems so little.
I have in my little hands,right now,as we speak,
BeefsteakRed,tomato
Polish Linguisa,tomato
Roma Paste tomato
Arkansas Traveler,tomato
Kelloggs Breakfast,tomato
Saranowski Polish,tomato
Stump of the world,tomato
Pink,tomato
MAORTAGE lifter,tomato
Kosovo,tomato
Beefmaster,tomato
Gallardia,goblin
Coral Nymph
Stevia
Heavenly Blue M.G.
Feathered,pink and blue,M.G.
And,
Blue Pea Vine,Merry Christmas To Me!
I feel so darn happy,you are all so giving,and kind.
My hubby is happy i will be growing some beefy tomatoes this year,Thank you,Thank You,THANK YOU,all.
What a great day.
cAROL

o
RE: UPDATE: Secret Santa S swap thanks and games #6

I almost forgot to say thank you Andrea for the antique card and the long letter, with all the discriptions of the tomatoes on it,that is sooooooooooo helpful!
No, I won't have a hard time trying to decide which ones to grow, i have plenty of room, i will grow them all,the ones i grew last year, i grew in 5 gallon buckets, and they did very well,this year,,,,,I really know what i am doing, so they will be even better.
Merry Christmas Andrea,and a Merry Christmas to you all,
cAROL

o

Thanks so much to everyone! This has been so much fun! I've received some pretty and thoughtful cards from:
mary_littlerockar
jworth
ilovefarac
And seeds of all kinds to plant come spring!!
Hubby said where are you going to plant those seeds?
I said I'm diggin up the whole front yard come spring!!
Thanks again to everyone.

o

cAROL,
I'm glad the package arrived :)
I wanted to thank you for your generosity during the birthday swap. I hope you and your husband enjoy the tomatos. Please let me know how they did.

Happy holidays!
Andrea

o

We got 4 more cards!!!!

A BIG THANK YOU to:

DIRTDIGGIN: for the Lemon Balm and Romain Verde D' Inverno seeds!!!!

CHERE: for the Lettuce Gourmet Blend, Black Eyed Susans, Red Romaine, Rouge D' Hiver, and Red Salad Bowl seeds!!!

GMOM2-6BOYS: for the Red Onion and Nasturtium seeds!!!

PUMKINGAL: for the 72 different seeds she sent us!! It is amazing that we received this many for being Newbies!!! Thank you so much for getting us started in a BIG way! Joshua is soooo excited he can't hold still ;0)

To each and every one of you, we thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

Blessings,

m0par360
Paula & Joshua

o

Lisa 831,thanks for the card and the flower, squash and cucumber seed! Never planted Armenian cukes before!
DirtDaddy.

o

• Posted by dorisl 5 NW Chicago burbs (My Page) on
    Tue, Dec 15, 09 at 18:41

Pumpkingal, thank you for the daisy, hosta and rudbeckia seeds! Oh boy, cappuccino!!!!

I love the ornament kit also!

And also Thank you to ilovefarac for the Toad Lily (!) and Basils!

:)
D

o

Hi everyone just checking in with more thanks to the following people

Ruth Z-morning glorys,rudbeckia cherry brandy,pink dianthus,Thank you
canyonwind-daylilly allways afternoon Thank You

This is so much fun Merry Christmas everyone Marcella
(Gramsgarden11)

o

WOW -- I found four more cards in my mailbox yesterday!
Thank you to --

agnella ~ for the moonflower vine, little nell clematis, texas red star hibiscus and the creative christmas tree card!

Frances ~ for the texas red star hibiscus (neat way to send the card!)

Sandy2 ~ for the love lies bleeding -- cute card!!

pumpkingal ~ for the joe pye weed, love lies bleeding, pink mallow, fanfare gaillardia, the birdhouse ornament, and the very creative card!

Thank you all so much for your generosity!!

Crisann

o

Received a wonderful hand made Christmas card from Bonnie (and artwork was specially made from Elijah ) highalttransplant & family...with some WONDERFUL...much wanted purple ruffles basil seeds plus a very nice note that I'll keep to myself ;) Thank you SO much. Not sure if it's on my list, but I didn't get a chance to collect seed from last years crop, so this is awesome!!! Thank you so much! And thank you for the special artwork Elijah...it's beautiful!

Also received a very nice card from Melinda - ilovefarac. Enclosed was Mexican Hats, Tiger Eye Marigolds and Alma Potschke Asters. Thank you so much!!!

Oh this has been a wonderful season for sharing...

Just sent out another small batch of cards...but a bunch haven't arrived yet, so happy mailboxing ;)

Toni

o

Recieve a cute homemade card and surprise craft from Pumkingal and cotton seeds,Gloriosia daisy seeds,Blackeyed susan shrub ann seeds,Rudbuckia Cherokee sunset seeds, Thanks You

o

Hey, it's Krystal! Here's tonights bingo words

celebrate
figgy pudding
star
sled
wish

Goodluck!

o

I received 2 cards today.

ishareflowers sent a cute card with Long handled dipper gourd and Asperula orientalis Blue Woodroff

rane_grow sent a nice card with Abe Lincoln Tomato seeds.

Thank you both I really appreciate your generosity

Patti

o

BIG Thank you to Annie (Canyonwind) for the California poppy Thai silk pink champagne and jelly beans!

I am excited to get these into the ground!

Kelly (Kellycomposter)

o

Good morning everyone!

Rain stopped finally, at least for a while, best make it to mail box soon, got more cards, will wake up faster too, lol

Have to THANK BeverlySC for many seeds she sent - Datura triple yellow, white Coral Vine, Datura white etc.
Also THANK Judy-Gardener for many seed packets she made and sent me, sure helped.
Must THANK DebbieP for Confederate Rose-she's sending more seed pods.

These are just some and are Volunteering!! What makes 'em even more special.

I've tried to send new seeds and to a few newbies...traded with many who have my same old but fresh seeds, smile.

THANK you all, take care and happy trades and holidays.

Bea

o

hello
sorry I have been slow to do my thank yous, almost everyone in th house have been sick in one way or another, and christmas is sneeking up very fast.
I have receved cards from

karendee - larkspurs
lisa831 - snapdragons and wt maigolds for timmy
mao tse mom - poppies echinacia and wild flowers
gmom2-6boys columbine and milkweed
cherone7 sweetcorn
chere - basil(sweet and lime)coriopsis cosmos and 2 kinds of fennel
debby_1 hibiscus and cosmos
ishareflowers - coiopsis
ilovefarac- sorry the seeds got mixed in the pile
kamiljablo sunflowers cosmos and coneflowers
velsgarden - larkspurs birdhouse gourds and sunflowers
aphroditelaughs - basil,poppys, corn, columbine,sunflowers, dill, and mystery seeds
booberry - birdhouse gourds, pumpkins, and milkweed
bashful_gardener(for me and timmy) gourds, dahlias, tithonia, sunflowers, salvia
daisyb - yellow hibiscus, dahlia
dorsil - bottle gourd, clematis, ark. ironweed
fcoffill - poppies
pumpkingal - coneflowers, cosmos, crazy daisy, merigolds, rudbekia, sunflowers, small pumpkins, morning glories

and for Timmy( I have not writen down the seeds for timmy becouse he mixes the seeds up and i can't keep them with the cards long enough to write them down)
ruthz
rbrady
sandy2
fcoffill
aphroditelaughs
velsgarden
patti1957
rane_grow
cherone&
catrionaa
carol57078
crisann
debby_1
lisa831
margarita10
mao tse mom
farmergirl2009
gramsgarden11
hdiperma

wow what a list, I am always surprised by the genorosity of gardeners.
Big THANK YOU and HUGGGGGS to everyone
michelle and timmy

o

• Posted by karendee 5Wst. of Chicago,IL (My Page) on
    Wed, Dec 16, 09 at 9:06

I got one more card yesterday from criscann with 3 packs of 4 o'clocks and a pack of coleus mix. (YEAH I really wanted coleus and got some)

I really love this swap!!! It is great.

I am sending out more cards today. I will be sening till the deadline :)

Karen

o

Received two cards in the mail.
Lisa831 sent a package of bunching onions and leaf lettuce.
Those are two staples for my garden. Thank you Lisa.
LoisinPA se3nt dark p0ink columbine and thank you also.
Columbines are my favorite flower...so easy to grow.
Thanks to everyone was is participating. It's great to see what everyone is receiving.

Ellie

o

I recieved a card today from dorisl, Thank you very much,
Also if I sent anybody "French Marigolds" They might be "Orange Cosmos" instead...Sorry just learning and I'm not sure what they are... I know that they are tall and orange. I planted both cosmos and marigolds so I wasn't sure which were which...Sorry...
Dusty314

o

It's been a great week! aphroditelaughs sent my my very first and very much wanted Verbena bonariensis (Verbena-on-a-stick)!! I am SO excited about this plant! I know it's aggressive, so maybe one day I'll be sorry, but this day I'm happy!

pumkingal also really outdid herself this week. I got seeds AND a too-cute ginger-bread man ornament for the kids to put together. So every Christmas pumkingal will help us remember how fun this swap has been when we pull out the ornament--yea!! She sent me three plants from my list: Queen Ann's Lace, Joe Pye Weed, and Gaillardia Fanfare, and then a cool surprise--Peek A Boo. Surprises are so much fun! Thank you for sending me a potful of wonderful seeds and for the fun ornament. You put some very appreciated extra effort into your card!

Deanna

o

Hope everyone is doing well. One more of my cards made it. Yay! Come on cards, get to the mailboxes!

No cards for me but I spent a good 2 hours sorting seeds and making a list of it all. The total amaranth I have is 11 different kinds! I looked them all up and this will be one cool looking garden. I'm thinking of planting them in my bed out front for all my neighbors to see. Not sure they appreciate the suburban jungle I already have.

Working on getting my last few cards out, hopefully today. Wish I could do more but next year... AMARANTH FOR EVERYONE!

o

Good Morning,

Two more Secret Santa's sent me mail...received yesterday!

Dirtdiggin...sent me Goldman's Italian American Paste Tomato, Sicilian Giant Paste Tomato, Scatolone 2 Tomato

rane_grow...sent me Rudebeckia Goldsturm and Sweet Slice Cucumber

Thank you ladies.....your cards and seeds are wonderful!

Merry, Merry Christmas!!!!

Annie

o

I received 2 more cards today ( total 14 so far-just went to count 'em.

Kathy-Catriona, very nice card, wishing same to you and all, thank you for recipe for Carrot and Apple Muffins and seeds of Cactus Giant Zinnia mix, Purple fountain grass and 4 o'clock- is it one color? Love what card says:

May God fill your life with love,
joy and peace this Holiday Season
and throughout the New Year.

Melinada- Ilovefarac, one of my very first to trade with on GW, thank you for the nice card and seeds-Pentsemon True Blue and Casper Eggplant < excited about, thanks.

Peace and joy,

Bea

o

Oh my goodness...we had an arctic blast for a week...then it quickly ended with some of that white four letter word...only to be dowsed by a nice batch of our wet sunshine...and now for our 7 day forecast.....
Wednesday - Breezy with RAIN...
Thursday - Cloudy with RAIN...
Friday - Chance of RAIN Cloudy...
Saturday - Winds and RAIN...
Sunday - RAIN...
Monday - Mostly Cloudy with RAIN...
Tuesday - Bet you'll never guess... RAIN...

Do you see a pattern here? UGHH!!

Hope someeone has some sunshine out there. Mine has to be artificial at this point. Hope we don't wash away lol

Have a great day everyone :)

o

Hello! Another wonderful thank you to Pumkingal this time!
She sent a lovely homemade card with spilantes, fireweed, nasturtiums, and long island cheese pumpkin!! ( this pumpkin is my fav!) Also a recipe for it which I definitely intend to try next week! Always love new recipes! And last, but not least, a gingerbread man ornament to make! My grandson will help me this afternoon afterschool and we'll get on the tree! Thanks so very much! Melinda

o

Hello folks,

Before I get to the card I got today I want to thank you all for the well wishes during my battle with pneumonia.I was able to get my meds and am feeling better now. Still got a way to go but I am on my way to recovering.

Now then.I got a nice card from RBrady today.The seeds are oregano,Thyme and some Hansel eggplant. Thank you for these seeds the will be enjoyed by all.

Kevin

o

Q: What do you call a reindeer with no eyes?
A: I have no Idear.

I think aphroditelaughs is one of my favorite GW handles.

I happily received a very tasty card from aphro yesterday. I noticed on the back that she supports a worthy cause, Child Welfare League of America. (www.cwla.org) She also supports me having some chocolate smoke nicotiana seeds. Thank you aphro!!

Oh...but that's not all!

I especially love homemade cards, and I received one of those as well from pumkingal. Inside were pomagranite seeds, nicotiana seeds (white ones that will go well with the chocolate smoke ones) AND a cute little gingerbread man to hang on the christmas tree. I glued that rascal together, and stuck him on the tree right between Elvis, and my sparkledy pickle ornaments.

Thank you pumkingal.

I'm glad I've gotten so many seeds from Secret Santa because I have a feeling, since I've been so bad this year, it's gonna just be a lump of coal under the tree on the 25th.

Merry Christmas to you all!

o

I can't believe it, but I received a few more cards! You all are so generous and thoughtful. Thank you so much!

Frances/Aproditelaughs sent a nice Christmas card with loofa seeds. Oh, Frances, I really wanted some of these! Thank you so much!

Pumpkingal/Lisa sent a beautifully crafted snowman card (I love snowmen!) with columbine (mixed), sweet dumpling guards (hmmm...these sound interesting!), sedum autumn joy (I can't believe my sedum didn't freeze!) and loves lies bleeding. She indicates the loves lies bleeding is self sewing, so we'll see how it gets along with my self seeding 4 o'clocks! Wow! what a wonderful combination of seeds for this spring's garden. She also included a gingerbread ornament to make! Thanks, Lisa!

yotetrapper/Angela sent a lovely wreath card just loaded with magic carpet snapdragons, sweet pea (royal family mix and early gigantic mix) along with stocks: legacy mixed, evening scented and hunsa excelsior standard lilac rose. Thanks so much, Angela!

Chere sent a Christmas tree card with a lovely message that my Christmas presents include happiness, love and bright memories. Inside was an abundance of seeds: Alyssum - Royal Carpet, Sweet Pea - Streamer Mix, Explorer Dwarf Mix and Old Spice antiques (sounds interesting!!). Also were two varieties of snapdragons: Tax mix and Northern Lights. Thank you, Chere! I can't wait to see them growing!

Kevin - I'm glad you're feeling better and hope you are fully recovered for Christmas.

Bea - I'm glad you liked the card! The 4 o'clocks are all one color - a bright hot pink!

Thank you all and have a very Merry Christmas! To our wonderful hostess, many, many thanks for a fantastic swap. This has been loads of fun and excitement!

~Kathy

o

• Posted by ruthz 8a D/FW TX (My Page) on
    Wed, Dec 16, 09 at 16:28

Got another cute SS card today.
ten_steps_ahead sent Nicotiana Only The Lonely.

I'm really looking forward to trying this.
I bought seeds a couple years ago but they didn't come up.
My back yard slopes and it usually rains right after I plant seeds in the spring.
I think I'll start these in a pot and transplant them.
Anybody bought those starter cow pots yet??
I saw them recently at a local nursery and plan on trying them.

o

Guess what!
I am off the naughty list!

I received two beautiful cards and lots of seeds:

RBrady sent a lovely teddy bear card w/ allium/prairie onion and perennial salvia (looking forward to planting these!)

also

crisann sent let it snow card with sweet autumn clematis (have been wanting these) mixed 4 o'clocks (all I had is yellow/and I am happy about these) larkspur (how wonderful) and gazania OHO BOY

Thanks again secret santa's I am so glad I am off the naughty list!
Sandy2

o

My first Santa card today! Thanks Pumkingal- and thanks for the large pumpkin and cinderella pumpkin seed!Merry Christmas!

o

I am so pleased you all like the seeds and the ornaments too,,,and newbie and son have a ball,,you are all making my heart just melt with happiness, thank you for all the nice words, Lisa

o

Kevin, glad you're feeling much better, probably thanks to Alex Fleming, doctors and prayers, welcome back.

Kathy,your 4 o'clocks look a pretty shade lighter than mine which is always nice to have different one.

Aphrodite, thank you for being involved in helping needy children, www.cwla.org, you too Wipe yo feets for bringing it to our attention.

Only 9 more days til Christmas.

very best wishes to all,

Bea

o

Our mailman has been busy delivering your pretty Christmas cards with your seeds enclosed to me, and they have not failed to elicit a smile from my face - not even once! It is so heartwarming to know that there are so many sharing and generous people on Gardenweb. Just reading everyone's postings of thanks to each other confirms this!

So with heartfelt thanks...I want you to know that I really appreciate all of the time and effort you spent preparing your cards for me...a stranger on the street to you, but a familiar name and garden friend here on GW. Also, thank you Kym for bringing us all together here to share the holiday spirit with each other!

Many thanks to:

RUTHZ - for sending the Rudbeckia Cherry Brandy, (I am very thrilled with this) the delicious Lime Basil, and the beautiful Zinnia Benary's Giants.

PATTY1957 - My favorite Radish - French Breakfast and some pretty Parsley - Italian Dark Green Flat.

PTP813 - Classy Penstemon - Cambridge Mix, and I'm really excited about the Aquilegia Canadensis - Native Red Columbine.

NATUREGIRL1236 - Flamingo Feather Celosia and Blue Bedder Sage - Thanks a million - I can't wait to start these!

KELLYCOMPOSTER - Zinnia Green Envy - These are so different and will be beautiful in my flowerbed!

JWORTH - Garlic Chives - Yum! and Pretty Pink Foxgloves.

CANYONWIND - Salvia Farinacea Blue Bedder - I love this plant... and Parsley Moss Curled - every cook has to have this!

BAGARDENS - French Breakfast Radish - I will have enough now for the spring and fall harvests, Curly Parsley, and Mixed Columbines. Some of my most unique columbines have come from packages marked "Mixed" Columbines! So I will be anxious to see what these bring.

DUSTY314 - French Marigold and Bi-Color Marigold - these will be perfect for bordering my tomato gardens.

ISHAREFLOWERS - Lemon Basil and Lime Basil - I love this stuff!, Pink Mist Scabiosa - which I will plant next to my Blue Scabiosa, and Tiarella Silverado - which has me intrigued.

DORIS L. - 2 Packs of Ipomoea Purpurea - which will love to be planted by my new fence.

CATRIONAA - More delicious Radishes I love them! Crimson Giant and Sparkler White Tip.

GM 2-6 BOYS - The envelope was completely torn open on both sides. It's amazing the seeds were still there, but I guess they were meant for my garden! They are Nasturtium Jewel Mix and Blue Columbine! Thanks!

LISA831 - Some of my favorite - Blue Mountain Parsley - and
Chervil.

Thanks a million everyone. May your holidays be as bright as you have made mine!

Cheers and Happy Holidays! Lisa

o

No cards in the mail today but I wanted to let everyone know that if you owed postage on my cards let me know because our postman is new and he checked some as to width and they barely fit but he THOUGHT THEY WOULD BE OK.

o

Today I received cards from Linda, Toni, and Pumkingal, who also sent a do-it-yourself ornament. Thank you Ladies, one and all! Y'all made my day!

Peace.
-Dan

o

I got two more cards.

rane_grow sent me a nice Santa card with Peony poppy seeds. I love peony poppies. Thank you so much.

aphroditelaughs send me a cute dove (peace) card with German chamomile and beafsteak tomato seeds. I can't wait to try them. Thanks a lot.

Jasmine

o

Three cards in three days. Special thank yous to:

Dirtdiggin - thanks for all the black tomatoes. I did not even know there were black brandywines. And living in the second most cloudy region of the country (205 cloudy days per year, compared to 228 for Seattle, on average) I feel your pain.

Pumpkingal sent a neat craft and Long Island Cheese (pumpkin)

Chere sent snapdragons and herbs. Thanks!

o

dirtdiggin, your lucky it didn't list;

Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs.

Sorry, but I just couldn't resist that one. When I was in the library the kids loves that book. Now it is a movie.

Not making fun of your rain, because that is what our forcast looks like but with snow. Would anybody like some? Must have about 18" -24" and no sign of stopping. Been getting 2-3" a day.

How about you Dan?

Merry Christmas to all!
gmom

o

LOL Well at least I could fill the freezer then

o
Yummy...black tomatoes.....

pseudacris - Oh the smokey flavor is amazing!! I became a black tomato collector this past season...Oh can't wait to grow them all out. YUMMY! Enjoy ;)

o

Received the neatest snowman card from rbrady with hosta, dianthus and nodding onion seeds. Thank you so very much Rhonda. God bless everyone for the wonderful world we live in.

Ellie

o

Yeah..received another card this week.

Sandy2 sent lucifer crorosmia I've heard the hummingbirds like the flowers on these. :-)

thanks a bunch

o

It is so much fun to see my cards arriving and making people happy. That seems like a better thank you than I can put into words here. I really appreciate this community, and it is so much fun to spend the holidays with you all!

I got a card yesterday and one the day before. Thanks to Rane_grow for American Flag leeks and Ruby Red Swiss Chard. This will be my first year growing chard, and I am excited about it. I learned some good recipes this last year. Thanks to dirtdiggin for Black Calypso and Red Calypso beans. I didn't know there was a red version, but if I had, it would have been on my list.

Thank you so much.
Ellie

P.S. Micyrey: What do the mystery seeds look like? Maybe I can remember what they are. Trust me to leave a label off. Lose my head next.

o
ishareflowers! RE: UPDATE: Secret Santa Seed swap thanks and gam

I got a seed bonanza from ishareflowers! It's like a Seedapalooza here! She sent me some really great stuff that I can't wait to grow!

I got my first scabiosas with Pink Mist and lavendar scabiosas. I need more pink in my garden, and the lavendar looks so delicate and beautiful. I'll pair it with normal lambs ear and I think it will look so gentle and calming. Perfect--YEA! She sent me some great Burgandy Gaillardia. My red/yellow bed is going to look FANTASTIC this year. YEA! And MORE RUDBECKIA!! She sent me Rustic colors Rudbeckia. YEA! She also sent me Coreopsis Baby Sun. I had never heard of this one and it looks completely FANTASTIC. YEA! I have some Rose Campion seeds now, too! I have heard that Rose Campion will come back with some nice surprises from seed. This year I had all pink flowers except for one white flower. I know somebody who has all kind of shaded red/pink/whites. I am excited to see what somebody else's seeds will give me. Rose campion is awesome! YEA! I also got a new kind of lamb's ear, Stachys 'Hummulo' that is a great new surprise to me. This one will be LOTS of fun to grow, and I'll bet is looks fantastic in my purple garden area. YEA! She also send me Orange Calendula. This will be my first year to grow Calendula, and I know very little about it, but this one looks totally gorgeous in the pictures I saw. YEA! And, last but not least, I got a COOLCOOLCOOLCOOLCOOL Dianthus 'Spooky'. It looks SO NEAT! I think I see a kid-favorite flower in that one. YEA!

You know what was the most fun about her card? She sent me some really fun and appreciated surprises. I am new to gardening, and I have a lot to learn. Having somebody like ishareflowers send me some great choices from her experience is better than getting things from my want list!

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU, ishareflowers-Lisa!

Deanna

o

Oh my goodness, another Christmas delight, a lovely card and seeds, was found in my mailbox yesterday.

ilovefarac....sent me Rudebeckia Toto and six Sweet Peas....Cupani, Matacuna, Dolly Varden, Royal Blue, Blue Ripple and Apple Blossom

Melinda, thank you so much!!!!

Merry Christmas!!!!!

Annie

o

You are so welcome! Enjoy! There's more surprises floating around out there! Melinda

o

Hello all,
I received a card from gmom2-6boys, blue columbine.
Thank you very much. I can not wait to grow them.
and I received seeds from
tenstepsahead. Thank you very muchfor them.
Faye!

o

It is somewhere around the upper 40's here today - brrrr - cold and wet. I got 2 more wonderful Christmas cards in the mail:

Lindaruzicka - Peace On Earth snow card - blackberry lily, Iris Ensata Mixed, and Hibiscus Hardy Cream with Red Eye

Ilovefarac - Snowman card - Sunflower Strawberry Blonde

I am very excited about these seeds! Some of these are new plants for me and I can't wait to plant these seeds! Thank you so very much for thinking of me this Christmas season. :-)

Best to you and many thanks,
quiltingfox

o

Oh wow, reading this is as good as getting mail (today I only got more Confederate Rose pods from Debbie, great), far from griping, haven't heard back but may be from half when I sent seeds for stamps but a couple of those I'm still hearing from, matters the most knowing so many care, especially some care a lot, am sooo glad I joined this swap.

Kym must be very busy, hope that's the reason we don't see her in here lately.

Aphrodite, you can fix Swiss Chard same way as spinach, may need a couple more minutes of cooking, being tougher it also grows better, for us anyway.
It and collards with potatoes and olive oil is what I was raised on.
Some love it, some can't stand it, takes acquired taste, being used to fo soooo lonng it's always yummy to me, my children too got used to it, like it, I added greens to mashed potatoes, olive oil, some crushed garlic and bit of salt, with crusty bread, who needs anything else, may be occasional smoked turkey or other sausage.

Would be great learning new ways with chard and other leafy vegetables. Anyone has any favorites?

Weekend almost here and supposed to be sunny, yesss!!!

all the best to all,
GB- Bea

o

Wow, another card in the mailbox today. A very nice card, a sweet treat and a great mixture of sweet peas, morning glories and 4 oclocks. Come on Spring!!!
Thanks so much daffodillady!!!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!!
Barbara aka perkybarb

o

I mailed the last of my packages today to family that I won't see for Christmas, it always make me feel so good to be done. I had so much fun with making lots of the gifts like soap, birdhouses, journals, aprons, and ceramics. Soon it will be time to start Valentine's presents!

I have received a few more cards from

ilovefarac thanks for the luffa seeds...I make a lot of soap and us it in my recipe!

ruthz thanks for the garlic chives and birdhouse gourds. My husband is a wonderful artist and we made birdhouses for everyone this year. I am sure we are going to get many requests for next year so the seed will come in handy.

rane_grow thanks for the basil and parsley. I use both of these herbs often and need to replant my bed.

bagardens thanks for the great card and onion and bean seeds

debby 1 california wonder peppers will grow great in my garden

Ellie thanks for the Santa card and the creeping chamomile, pole beans, and basil.

I have really enjoyed looking up the different varieties and planting seeds. The more gardening I do the happier and more fulfilled I feel. All my friends and relatives love it too since I am always handing out bounty from my garden.
I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season.

w9yards

o

Hello, Happy Holiday Season!!!! I got another card in the mail from ilovefarac with red cockscomb. I have received so many flowers and vegetables from my want list, thank you Melinda. You guys are GREAT. Carol

o

Oh I received a wonderful Christmas Card today with a big batch of goodies...graanieb sent me all kinds of treasures from her garden. Thank you so much for all those hand collected treasures. Can't wait to plant them all :)

Toni

o

Sorry for not posting sooner, but things have been crazy busy (working double shifts and dealing with sick family members). Anyway, the highlight of this past week for me has been checking the mail for all the great cards and seeds I've received:

booberry85 - marigolds, zinnias, and black Tuscany kale. Yay! I grew Tuscan kale years ago and loved it and I'm really excited to grow it again!

spookycharles - OMG! Zinnias, violas, French marigolds, pepino, and naranjilla! Those last two were long shots that I never expected to receive! Thank you so much, and I love the dog card! Your "puppy" is soooo adorable and huggable!

yotetrapper - Nasturtiums! I can't find any of the seeds I thought I had (maybe I planted them all last year?), but I can't have a proper garden without them. They're one of my favs, so thank you for sending these!

catrionaa - thank you for the 4 o'clocks and marigolds! Can you believe I've never grown 4 O'Clocks?!? I keep planning to, but for some reason it never happens. I'm definitely doing them next year!

crisann - dwarf marigolds, zinnias, and two different kinds of sweet pea! Sweet peas are another flower that I've never grown, but after seeing them in a friend's garden, I think they'll be a new garden staple! And I have the perfect spot by my neighbor's ugly old chainlink fence. :)

katsgarden - Mexican mix marigolds! I've never seen this variety before, so I'm looking forward to growing these. I can't have enough marigolds in my garden. They're such non-stop workhorses! :)

Thank you all again so much! I'm always amazed by the generosity of GardenWebbers. You all are awesome! Happy holidays,
--Jean

o

I received some more wonderful cards and seeds in the last couple of days and I wanted to thank
pumkingal for the nice homemade card/ornament kit and green pony tails, sweet bell peppers and blackberry lily seeds.
aphroditelaughs for the nice card and verbena bonariensis seeds.
ilovefarac also for the nice card and verbena bonariensis seeds!
Thanks again everyone and happy holidays! Melissa

o

Hi everyone,

Yippee, two more cards today. Thank you to:

ilovefarac ~ for the four different types of clematis -- ramona, dutchess of edinburgh, kullus estonia and serratifolia. I had to look them all up already -- such beautiful flowers!

yotetrapper ~ for the two types of dianthus -- albus, and siberian blue -- looked these up too -- I only have pink and red, so white and blue will be great!

Thanks to you both for the wonderful seeds! This swap has been so great! I love seeing all the different seeds that everyone is getting. I am already starting a list of new flowers I would like to try -- I think I'm gonna have to enlarge the gardens! :)

crisann

o

B-I-N-G-O

BINGO words.......forgive me, company came, and has stayed longer then expected, and I am just a bit worn out. I am gonna post a BONUS word tonight !!

chimney
lights
merry
ornaments
snow

yule log

o

Received a cute Santa card yesterday from Lisa831. She sent large red cherry tomato seed and Ruby lettuce seed. I've never grown lettuce and can't wait to try it. Hope you have a great Christmas Lisa and thanks for being my Secret Santa.
Nancy
retsec

o

I received two more cards today!

A cute card with two little angels on the front from Margarita 10. She sent me Top Crop Bean seeds.

And Yoetrapper sent a cute card with an outdoor Christmas Tree scene and with it, Purple Shades Nicotiana.

Thank you so much!

o

Received in the mail today a card from karendee (a homemade card "Seeds 'N Greetings!' She sent crimson colored dianthus. Thank you so much Karen. It's getting to look more like Christmas everyday.

Ellie

o

Today I got Banana muskmelon and Buttercrunch lettuce..MMMMMM!

I looked up banana melon and it sounds really neat; it's really fun to get something I wasn't expecting. I'm building a new raised bed for all these new veggies and fruits I will have next year!

Lois in PA

o

Kym,
Glad to see you've been busy, missed seeing you, take care.
Was going thru last year's SSS ,looking for an address, found Angel's email ( Agirlsgirl, hope she's allright, another gem) where you were the subject, will email you shortly--forgot about some things, glad to have found that e-mail, besides, in the back of it was a recipe that can be used with any leafy vegetable.

RICCOTTA and SPINACH BALLS

All ingredients in approximate amounts to desired taste:

1 lb spinach, cleaned ( baby spinach ), steamed/boiled/blanched for 3-4 minutes or until wilted, drained, squeezed, chopped ( or 2 boxes frozen spinach)

1 c riccotta or cottage cheese
1/4 c each flour and grated Parmesan
2 eggwhites and 1 egg ( or 3 eggs
pinch each nutmeg, salt and pepper
( I'll try other flavors )

In a bowl, beat eggs/whites lightly , add remaining ingredients, mix til combined. With lightly floured hands shape mixture into about 1 inch balls.
Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil and poach the balls for about 3 minutes; they should rise to the surface when ready. Remove with slotted spoon, drain and place in a serving platter/dish; serve with tomato sauce ( tomato soup/pasta sauce/chili sauce -will try) and extra grated Parmesan.

Hope you enjoy!

Sweets are traditional for special occassions but again, make sure you READ YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE if you must have some, moderation is the key.
I have learned to stay away from white sugar and almost all butter ( using Smart Balance)

Grapes, oranges, pears and bananas are satisfying.

Fresh fruits and nuts are wasted in a fruitcake. smile

Happy Holidays!

Bea

o

Today I received a snowman card from rbrady with Cherokee Green Tomato, Black Cumin and Rue! Thank you!

Patti

o

Hello everyone!!!

I got 3 more cards this week, that's a total of 6 for me.

PUMPKINGAL sent me an adorable handmade card WITH an ornament kit AND my #1 wanted seed, snow on the mountain! She also sent chinese juniper and daisy tree seeds. Thank you Lisa!!! I look forward to growing all of them.
PS:2 of the the seeds that I sent for you are agastache honey bee blue and heuchera caramel, sorry you couldn't read the packages.

LINDARUZICKA sent me some blue bedder salvia, they will make a nice addition to my sunny bed! Thank you Linda!!!!

KARENDEE, Karen sent me a commercial package of zinnia lilliput seeds. Thank you Karen, I have never grown zinnias before but they look beautiful and I'll try them this year!

DEANNANH, reading the excitment in your posts makes me want to send you more! I'm glad that you liked what I had to share.

Has anyone heard form plantoneonme??I haven't seen any postings from her, I hope that she's okay.

I still have a handful of cards that haven't been received so keep on mailboxing!

Lisa

o

Awww, I'm getting the blues. My cards are not getting to people or something. I know they had the right postage because I took them to the post office and paid at the counter after he weighed them. I'm putting my last few in the mail today. I hope they make it. I'll keep waiting but I'm not good at being patient for too long.
Got one more bingo word so I'm up to 15. I'm going to have some hot chocolate and try not to pout.

o

• Posted by ruthz 8a D/FW TX (My Page) on
    Fri, Dec 18, 09 at 10:36

Mailboxing is funnnnn.
Got another card yesterday.
ilovefarac....sent a very cute snowman card with 'Virginia Gold' Nicotiana and a green Nicotiana.
I've never grown Nicotiana before (planted but didn't come up)but am really looking forward to growing it next year.
Thanks for being my SS and Merry Christmas to you and your family.

o

I am sitting with you in the same boat agnella,my cards are not making it to there elfes either.
I do believe mine are lost, as it has been well over 3 weeks i mailed them,and i am pouting.:0(
cAROL

o

cAROL and Agnella...I also have a bunch out there that haven't arrived hmmmmm...several are nearly 3 weeks in the sending. I've been mailing little batches, but some of the more recent ones have arrived and the first ones haven't :o/

I hope they aren't lost.

o

Agnella and Carol, I know how you are feeling. There are at least 4 cards that I sent that have not made it to their destinations. The people have posted about receiving other cards, so I am pretty sure they have not received them.

Ginger

o

I am embarrased to report that I have at least three cards I have not properly thanked the senders for yet. I inadvertantly left them in a friends car who lives 60 miles away and I won't have them in hand again until next week. I promise I will follow up when I have them in hand.
TGIF,
Alana

o

I'm in the same boat too, regarding cards that were sent but haven't reached their people yet. A little more than half of the cards I've sent haven't reached people yet. I think most of the people I sent to have been regularly posting when they receive cards. I sent out my first wave on Dec 2and the last wave on Dec 9. I'm thinking that the early snows last week in the mid west has caused delays.

Delays! Delays!
Eh Pictures, Images and Photos

o

Toni, you are welcome for the card, and I will tell Elijah that his artwork is appreciated. Last night, my husband and I came home to find that he and his cousin, who is visiting from out of town, had made a huge snowflake garland, and draped it across the entire living room. It was like a scene out of Elf, LOL!

Thank you, Melinda (ilovefarac) for the card and two kinds of wallflower. Can't wait to wintersow them.

I think only about 1/2 of the folks I sent to have reported receiving them, but it's such a busy time of year, I figure most have reached their destinations by now, and they just haven't had a chance to check in.

Bonnie

o

Another 2 cards today! Yeah!
Rane-Grow sent me summer squash-which I love!
And chitownlady sent me pink petunia and snapdragons!
You can both bet these will be used! Thanks so much! Melinda

o

Got a card today from Lisam627 she sent Tiny Tim Cherry Tomato and ABC Potato Leaf Cherry Tomato. I am very excited about these. I have been wanting to grow some kind of small (pot size) cherry tomatoes for a while, for whatever reason I haven't grown any yet. Thank you very much. I can not wait to grow them.

I have many more cards that will be on their way today. I actually sent them out a few days ago, but I got them all back yesterday. I was so upset. My other ones that I had mailed I had taken into the post office to make sure they got the right amount of postage. They told me that 3 stamps was enough so I was very upset to see this bunch returned. I had to put 4 stamps on them all. If I would have known it was going to cost that much I would have done it differently. Anyhow they will be on there way.

o

2 cards today!

From chitownlady, I got a very appropriate card saying "Let It Snow" (we are supposed to get 8-12 inches of snow this weekend), with morning glory "Split Personality" and false solomons seal seeds.

From yotetrapper, I got a nice card, with maltese cross and chinese forget me not seeds. I am looking forward to growing both of these, especially since I discovered the maltese cross blooms the first year after wintersowing.

Many thanks to you both!

Lois in PA

o

I received a wonderful card today from lisam627 with clematis seeds.
Thank you so much for the H. F. Young and the Miss
Bateman.

Faye!

o

Received a wonderful Christmas letter and passion flower seeds from Katsgarden864 today. This is going to be a new plant for me and I am so excited about it.

Best to you, many thanks, and Merry Christmas!,
quiltingfox

o

This Secret Santa Swap has been so much fun! I got more cards this week!

daffodillady - sent me Shasta Alaska Daisy, Mixed Hardy Hibiscus, and Formosa Lily. Thanks Beth - just what I wanted!
yotetrapper - I can't wait to wintersow the Cardinal Flowers. You're right Angela - maybe we are distant cousins!
aphroditelaughs - Thank you for the Delphinium seeds and the Razzmatazz Echinacea Ellie.
ishareflowers - Something for my shade garden: Tiarella Silverado and something for my red and yellow garden: Red Astilbe. Thank you Lisa - you know what I like!

o

I received a card today from ilovefarac, She sent creole and black krim tomato seeds. Thank you very much. I am really excited about all the new varieties of tomatoes I will be planting. I'm picturing myself having so many tomatoes that my friends will run when they see me coming because they are afraid I'm bringing them more tomatoes. I can't wait!! :)

Ginger

o

I got more cards. Wow it's really fun.

Ilovefarac - Tall ageratum with nice Christmas card. I love ageratum. Thanks a lot

yotetrapper: Cute chrismas card with christmas tree and wreath with Sweet peas 'Elegant Ladies', Royal family, Petunia star purple, and Laura bush. I love sweet peas and petunia. Can't wait to try them. Thanks a lot

margarita10: Cute flying snowman card with Impatience mixed colors, Petunia mixed colors, flowering kale and sweet william commercial packs. Wow these are all my favourites and I can't wait to grow them. Thank you so much.

I think my cards also did not make it to their destination since I didn't hear anything. I took them to post office and added 20c stamps more with each as the person on the counter said. Hope they are not lost.

o

This is turning into a great Christmas for me, and all you wonderful GWers are the majority of my blessings. I recieved two more cards today!!

yotetrapper- sent me dwarf red plains coreopsis and red cypress vine. My 6 pound pomeranian-mix is named 'Yote because she looked just like a scraggly little coyote pup when I first got her at a mistreated 10 weeks of age. She is not sure how she feels about me getting cards from a "yotetrapper"- LOL!! Love those red coreopsis pictures. Thank you so much.

chitownlady- sent sunflower Jade: at only 5 ft tall, it ought to be fine in a pot- yippee and thanks!! Loved the ornaments on the card (-:

o

I received today:
ishareflowers: cute snowman card with stachy's hummello (been a long day, might now have transferred it incorrectly), cosmos daybreak, hardy hibiscus..I love cosmos and last year was my first for hibiscus, they were awesome.

rane_grow: pretty card with pinetrees and luna blush hibiscus..can't wait to plant these

lisam627: lovely religious card with lavendar lady and rosemary..wonderful seeds

rbrandy:santa claus card with ratibida pinnata (I have to look these up) oregano (never have enough of that) hosta august moon (I'm going to try to gorw hosta from seed this year) daylily mix (I have developed a fondness for daylilies)

thank you so much fellow gardeners! I really appreciate it!!

o

I got a card today from ilovefarac. She sent asclepias syriaca and Lion's ear. Thank you so much! I just looked up the Asclepias, and one of its medicinal qualities is to treat cough. This is very welcome right now, as I have had a stupid cough for a month, and actually pulled a muscle coughing in my sleep! Next year, I will have an arsenal of medicinals to ehlp me get over whatever germs come my way.

Ellie

o

lol Ginger...reminds me of a signature on a post from a thread ....

"Summer in Lake Wobegon is the only time the Lutherans lock their car doors when they are in church. It's to keep someone from leaving a bag of zucchini on the front seat."

I'm so looking forward to a pantry filled with rainbow colored canned heirloom tomatoes...sounds so awesome! Can you imagine all those jars of different colored tomatoes? I wonder if they'll keep their colors...we shall see :)

Merry Christmas everyone!

o

dirtdiggin, before my mother passed away she really did grow so many tomatoes that she ran out of people to give them to. She would can a couple of cases of mason jars worth of tomatoes and still had bags and bags to give away.

Ginger

o
grrrrrr message rejected...so I'm changing the subject lol

Ginger, I think that's just awesome! Love the thought of nobody going without....could you imagine growing enough to feed an entire town? I think I have enough tomato seed to do just that lol. But I'm so looking forward to getting them all in the ground. Well a few of each type that is lol. Still have lots to share and trade ;)

o

B-I-N-G-O

Bingo words for Friday are......

Christmas tree
egg nog
friendship
dasher
dancer

*****PLEASE realize mail is always a bit slow this time of year, and although i ask, not all will post a thanks !! Your hard work, is much appreciated !!

Merry Christmas to you all !! Id love to see some pics of all ur cards...hint hint..lol

o

I received 2 more cards today from:

Lisam627 thank you for the lovely card w/scabiosa & clematis seeds

also

gmom2-6boys thank you for the great card with white/purple datura

Can't wait to plant all the seeds I have gotten!

Thank secret santa's
Sandy2

o

Three more words until I get bingo!

The tomato gurus are going to be jealous! Today I received Snowberry Tomatoes & Amazon Chocolate Tomatoes from LisaM627. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

o

Had one gift in the mailbox today, very nice, made me feel special, thank you Kym for the wishes and book of quotes ( " Christmas Wishes From Your SECRET SANTA" ), blessed and joyous Christmas to you and all.

Aphrodite, hope your cough disappears soon. Good remedy from my grampa - mix honey, lemon juice and a shot of whiskey- was added color to, bottled and labeled as cough syrup....but really now, found more precise ingredients on line:

HOMEMADE COUGH MEDICINE

Mix together:

1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground cloves -opt
2 T honey
2 T apple cider vinegar ( or lemon juice?)
4 T water

Take by the teaspoons-tablespoons as often as needed.
Do not give to infants under 12 months of age due to honey.

Helps with pains, fevers, lowers blood pressure and more.

Garlic pills and Vitamin C help.

Be well and fun will happen,

Bea

o

Wow another Christmas Card with seeds today. ilovefarac sent a very nice card along with two different aster seeds. Thanks so much Melinda.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Barbara aka perkybarb

o

Hey Bea...here's one for you...

Pluck a nice amount of fresh lemon balm leaves...you can get them nearly year round. And in the GH, you can get LOADS year round. I love Lemon Balm...it's so fresh scented and offers relief for these symptoms....

Steep leaves in a cup of hot water 3-4 minutes.

Relieves headache, nausea and many symptoms of cold and flu. Amazing how it works for just not feeling up to par.

Infused mints work well too.

o

More cards today.

Thanks to all

daffodillady sent Lantana, Marigolds, Gloriosa Daisy, Zinnia.

ilovefarac sent Swiss Chard Bright Lights and Fordhook Giant.

lisam627 sent Gaillardia Baby Cole and Giant Pansy.

Thank You all so much. This is great fun. I love gardening but the sending of these cards is the best.

Merry Christmas
gmom

o

Man-O-Man! I can't believe how incredibly busy-n-distracted we've been lately! Apologies to all!

More thank you's,...

From Bonnie (highalttransplant) - A wonderful homemade "snowflake" card, featuring bright, cheerful flower pictures inside, along with a happy snowman artfully drawn by her son, Elijah (Nice job, kiddo!)! Love the sentiment, too: (outside)"Are you dreaming of a white Christmas..." (inside) "...OR something a little more colorful?" - As for the seeds,...YESSS, more Cherry Brandy Rudbeckia and Alma Paprika, along with Broadleaf Sage and "Harvest Moon" Echinacea!! Fantastic! Thanks loads!

From Ellie (aphroditelaughs) - First, what a lovely, leafy card! God Bless you for supporting the "Child Welfare League of America"! - Thank you so much for the wonderful seeds;..."Spilanthes" (aka "Eyeball Plant", "Toothache Plant"), an herb noted both for its medicinal *and* culinary uses. How kewl is *that*?! Never grown or used this fascinating specimen before, so really look forward to giving it a go! ... "German Chamomile" - Bought a plant start of this 2 years ago. Stupid me, I forgot to save any of the seeds! Thanks uber muchly for making up for my error! LOL! ... "Dill Bouquet" - For pickling, seasoning and attracting Swallowtail butterflies! ... "Calendula" (aka "Pot Marigold", "Scotch Marigold", "English Marigold") - Another pretty, herbal winner! Good for planting in veggie gardens to deter insect pests, Calendula flowers are also used culinarily and medicinally. I actually grew this, several years ago, and even saved a buncha seeds,...only to misplace them somewhere (*some* track record, huh?! LOL!). Thanks, Ellie, for giving me a second chance with *this* puppy as well!

From Lisa (pumkingal) - Wotta FANTASTIC, sparkly, festive handmade card combining Christmas and gardening!! Wow!! Thank you, firstly, for *creating* that wonderful card, and, of course, for the "Sweet Yellow & Red Pepper" and "Large Red Cherry Tomato" seeds! But hold on, folks,...that's not all! Lisa also included a *totally kewl* foam "Gingerbread Photo Ornament Craft Kit"!! Trust me, within the next couple days it *will* be assembled and on our tree!

It's incredible,...you *WONDERFUL*, generous people, here on GW, and this Secret Santa Seed Swap in particular, have truly, *literally* kept our otherwise waning Christmas spirit bouyed-up more than ANYTHING or anyone else this holiday season. Not that things are absolutely horrible or anything,...it's just, you know, mostly "this-n-that" kinda stuff, sort of blind-siding us a bit here-n-there. Like today, we got a card from my brother, Gene (and his wife), wishing us a Merry Christmas, etc., while at the same time *finally* informing me that our eldest (and *only other*...) brother, Terry, died this "Autumn" following 4 months of severely declining health. - Christmas card tally: Family (so far) = 2 ... GW Secret Santa Seed Swap 2009 = 10 - GW TOTALLY rocks!!! BIG OL'
THANKS, again, from Elly, Roy and I, God Bless you all!!!! :)

-Cryptid

o

I went mailboxing today and received two more cards --

margarita10 ~ sent purple balloon flower, giant cactus zinnia and tennessee purple coneflower. Thank you sooo much!

dorisl ~ sent some mixed hosta seeds -- I love surprises! :) Thanks!

This swap is so terrific -- I never expected to get so many seeds and wonderful cards!

Only need five more words for bingo! :)

crisann

o

Helloooooooooooooooo Everyone. A bit of a late night report here folks since I was napping tonight for the longest time.

Thank you to:

kaendee for Wenks Yellow Hot pepper and Red Ruffled Pimento and the cute Home made Christmas card.

canyonwind for Chives,Dajora Large White Trumpet and White Sage.

LisaM627 for Basil Mignette and Chives

riley 17 for Cinderella's Carriage pumpkin.

You all sent really nice cards and I know I will enjoy the seeds you sent.Thank you so much.

Kevin

o

Hey all got a cute card from Dusty314
also sent me gloria cosmos thank you so much and merry christmas
to all of you this swap is bringing our garden family together for the holidays thank you all,, we grow--we seed- we trade-- we have fun..Lisa

o

• Posted by dorisl 5 NW Chicago burbs (My Page) on
    Sat, Dec 19, 09 at 10:14

Thank you to Lisa for the really cute manger card, one of my faves (!!!!) and the columbine and Persian Centurea seeds (PINK!!!)

D

o

Hey Toni, we love lemon balm too, my daughter makes great iced tea ( not these days, 42 deg on the patio), didn't know much about it's medicinal values, sure will try it next time, sounds simple, thanks a bunch.
Lemon balm leaves rubbed on the skin repel mosquitoes, did you know? Smells good so worth a try no matter.

~***~ Heart made gifts are the best ~***~

Seeds and all we send, especially good wishes from the heart fit the above quote from the Secret Santa Book Kym sent.

Another one:

~***~ May this season bring overflowing pleasures that endure-may you experience the greatest blessings from the simplest gifts. ~***~

Enjoy the weekend...Sun is out in La, wow!

Bea

o

Okay, I sent my last few cards out BUT my little post office was closed (don't know why) so I had to use the electronic postage machine. It seemed like it wasn't giving me the right postage amount so I put another stamp on them and I'm hoping they make it without postage due. If you get a card from me with postage due, let me know and I'll cover it.
Maybe the post office is holding all our cards until Christmas Eve and everyone will get a windfall of cards and seeds the day before Christmas. Wouldn't that be nice?
People in my house are trying to get sick so I'm off to try the cough remedy. I think my hubby got up every hour. If the cough remedy doesn't work, duct tape will have to do.

o

Hello! Another round of thank you's!!
Angela/Yotetrapper for the California Bluebells tropical surf and mixed petunias!
DorisL/ for the fireweed!! And a cute homemade card!
And last but not least-
GrannieBea for the great seeds-red dbl. zinnias, crepe myrtle mix, coral colored 4:00's, ornamental pepper, and dbl. pink confederate rose!
All you ladies made my day!! I love all the seeds and you can bet they will be planted! Some starting next week!!
Thanks a million, Melinda

o

GrannieBea (or anyone else) ~ you got a recipe for a kid friendly Christmas drink??? I am looking for something special and easy!!

Hope everyone is having a safe weekend. We got about 2 inches of snow. I hope that we get a little more so there is enough to play in.

Heidi

o

*cough*.....*hack*....*cough*

Oh excuse me....I covered my mouth...I don't want to contaminate the forum.

I stopped by to see if I could find Chitownlady to offer thanks.

I got a pretty card with seeds in it from her yesterday. The seeds were anise hyssop, and ornamental grass.

I must say that chitownlady has the most beautiful script...er...handwriting. I'm really envious about that.

*cough*....so sorry.

Thank you sooooo much chitownlady for the card, and seeds all the way from Chicago, or ChiCARgo as some people like to say it.

Merry Christmas Y'all!!

o

This is such a wonderful swap! Wonderful cards with warm holiday greetings and seeds for the new year!

I can't believe it, but I received even more cards! You are all sooooo generous!

From Margirta10 came a lovely snowman card with a snowman angel and "BELIEVE" on the front. Wonderful sentiment for this time of year! Inside were packets of Giant California mixed zinnias, white phlox, Pastel Carpet mixed alyssum and Tall Deluxe mixed snapdragons. Thanks so much - I love them all!

A Happy Holiday stocking card came from Melinda/ilovefarac with one of my all time favorites --Hyacinth beans. woohoo!
Thanks, Melinda!

Karendee sent a hilarious card. Santa is standing with a shopping cart full of flowers and long shopping list. On the front it reads, "Seeds 'n Greetings!" Inside were another one of my favorites - mixed larkspur! Thanks, Karen!

Funny larkspur story -- maybe some of you have had this happen to you... The first time the larkspur reseeded, it went outside the flower beds and into the yard a few feet from the original beds. Some of them were in such numbers that I went out and surrounded it with bricks so my DH wouldn't mow it down. I told him I was going to expand the flower beds - and that's what I did. Couldn't have had a better reason to expand the flower beds!

Thanks so much for all the seeds and warm wishes!

~Kathy

o

Agnella,ha ha, love the duct tape idea but as little extreme,ha ha
Try just a teaspoon of Organic(if you have it)honey, with mothers Apple Cider Vinegar(found at the health food store, you can google Mothers Apple Cider Vinegar and read all about it,good stuff.
Other wise, use the tape,ha ha
cAROL

o

Wow, and the cards keep coming! I can't express how much joy this swap has brought me, not just from receiving but from reading all the happy messages everyone has been posting when they receive cards. It really brings to mind the real spirit of Christmas. And hugs to everyone who is going through a difficult time or is feeling under the weather this year.

Much thanks to:

chitownlady - for a gorgeous handmade (?) card and a huge package of marigolds and morning glories! Yay!

dorisl - fireweed (my honeybees thank you!) and clematis "Savannah" seeds (I just looked this up, and OMG they're pretty!)

Thank you both so much!

--Jean

o

Hello to all. I apologize for the delay in letting my sweet, very special elves know their cards have arrived at my mailbox. My husband had surgery on Dec. 1 and is now in ICU at the hospital. Things didn't go well but he has turned the corner and now making improvement day by day. I've been spending most of my hours at the hospital and when home, too tired to do anything but fall onto the bed and sleep.

A bright spot during this time has been discovering the cards in my mailbox. I've never participated in a seed swap and this experience has been such a day brightener for me.

A very special thanks goes out to:

Sandy2 - the lovely Christmas Card and wishes are so appreciated and the Pipevine seeds will grow to feed more baby butterflies this coming season. Thank you so much.

RBrady - such a wonderful surprise with Christmas greetings and "3" packets of seeds. Oh my, what fun it will be to watch these 'new to me' seeds grow; Rudbeckia Triloba, Heuchera 'Palace Purple' and Ratibida columnifera 'Mexican Hat'. I adore the look of all of these plants and can hardly wait until spring. Thank you for your kindness to me.

rane_grow - Merry Christmas and happy gardening to you, too! I thank you for this fresh 'Black Seeded Simpson Lettuce' seed. What a fantastic winter gift to receive. woohoo, I'm going to try to get some growing in my small greenhouse.

ishareflowers - boy, do you ever and packaged with the neatest little card! You've been very kind and generous to me and I thank you so much. Coreopsis 'Cream Brule'; Red Astibe; Huechera 'Caramel or Marmalade' and 'Blackout'; all beautiful new faces for next years garden.

I had earlier received two cards, for which I sent thank you emails.

yotetrapper - a lovely Christmas card with warm holiday greetings, along with Pipevine (look out mama butterflies, I'll have lots of food for your babies this spring) and Sea Oats seeds. The Sea Oats are totally new to me. I want to try and grow them in a big container on the deck so I can enjoy the soft, rustling sound they are reported to make. My thanks once again for your generousity to me.

poisondartfrog - warm wishes for a great Christmas and New Year, along with flower seed I can't wait to try and grow in my garden, White laceflower! Thank you once again for this gift of lovely blooms.

I could not have received seed more wished for than the seed you've all shared with me. You have made my Christmas this year so very special.

Warmest wishes and Merry Christmas to the entire gang of caring and sharing gardener's on this forum. This is truely what the spirit of Christmas is all about.

Hugs, Mary ... mary_littlerockar

o

I received a card from rane_grow today. She send chocolate cherry tomato seeds. Thank you! My tomato garden plans are getting better and better!

Ginger

o

This is such a wonderful swap! Wonderful cards with warm holiday greetings and seeds for the new year!

I can't believe it, but I received even more cards! You are all sooooo generous!

From Margirta10 came a lovely snowman card with a snowman angel and "BELIEVE" on the front. Wonderful sentiment for this time of year! Inside were packets of Giant California mixed zinnias, white phlox, Pastel Carpet mixed alyssum and Tall Deluxe mixed snapdragons. Thanks so much - I love them all!

A Happy Holiday stocking card came from Melinda/ilovefarac with one of my all time favorites --Hyacinth beans. woohoo!
Thanks, Melinda!

Karendee sent a hilarious card. Santa is standing with a shopping cart full of flowers and long shopping list. On the front it reads, "Seeds 'n Greetings!" Inside were another one of my favorites - mixed larkspur! Thanks, Karen!

Funny larkspur story -- maybe some of you have had this happen to you... The first time the larkspur reseeded, it went outside the flower beds and into the yard a few feet from the original beds. Some of them were in such numbers that I went out and surrounded it with bricks so my DH wouldn't mow it down. I told him I was going to expand the flower beds - and that's what I did. Couldn't have had a better reason to expand the flower beds!

Thanks so much for all the seeds and warm wishes!

~Kathy

o

Hi everybody ! We received 10.5 in of snow since last night, my yard is a winter wonderland , I needed to go do some christmas shopping this weekend but I have to admit that its nice to be snowed in ( my driveway and the local roads still have too much snow on them for my peace of mind and I'm staying in for now ) I've been enjoying watching the birds eat the seeds we set out close to the house where the snow wont cover it up ... the cardinals are so beautiful , their red plumage against the white snow ... we even had a pair of bluebirds in the backyard ! They are so pretty !

Its good to hear everyone has been receiving the seeds I have sent out ! All the warm thanks and great comments about the seeds have been the best part of this swap ! I am sure everyones gardens next spring are going to be awesome !

I received 3 cards yesterday... from Linda , Margarita10 and Daffodillady , Linda sent gerbera daisy seeds ... I love them, have never grown them from seeds, can't wait to grow them !!

Forgive me but I accidentally put away the seeds Margarita10 and Daffodillady sent ... if memory serves me right they sent coleus, shasta daisy and zucchini ;-) thank you so very much !! they are all favorites of mine !

Thank you all so very much !

~Iris

o

I received my forth card today.

Ilovefarac sent me geum seeds with a lovely card with a Peace dove. Thank you Melinda. The mailman delivered it just as I was leaving the house, so I had about three of hours of anticipation before I had a chance to open it. That made me feel like a kid again, and that doesn't happen very often.

mao

o

What a nice weather, seems even brighter after having rain for so long!
Mary, hope your husband has a good recovery, all the best wishes to you all.
Wipe yo feets, Aphrodite...and everyone else with coughing spells/colds... yes natural remedies work but antibiotics most often work better and faster, hope you get rid of it soon.
Toni, glad you liked my send, tried to send something new to almost everyone, leaving many Night Blooming Jasmines and Salvia seeds for later on to offer for stamps.
Melinda, good seeing you enjoyed card and seeds, it's very nice seeing my cards are getting to you all, slowly..have sent out about the same amount as I've received.

I've gotten 1 card with seeds today and it is great, gave me ideas for next year's cards.
Thank you April -BaGardens, your Golden Retriever -what's his name? is adorable, pictures of your garden in the back are wow! Checked your page and understood more, you and family have a lot of work during growing season, have your blog in my favorites and will check more later, so many interesting things. Good idea wrapping seeds with poinsettia wrapping paper..couldn't resist and opened it before Christmas, risking bumps to grow on my hiney, lol

Curly parsley and Red Kale<<-- gets planted soon, my favorite, thank you again.

Healthy and Happy Holidays to you all.

Bea

o

Received a beautiful Christmas lights card today from Chitownladyd which included Iris Siberica and Grass seeds. Thank you for sending some Christmas cheer my way.

Best to you, many thanks, and Merry Christmas!,
quiltingfox

o
re: update: secret santa thanks and games #6 & drink recipes (

Heidi, here are a couple of drinks for kids of all ages, myself included, smiles.

ORANGE JEWEL

1 can ( 6 oz) frozen orange juice concentrated, thawed ( or freshly squeezed orange juice -for us a must these days, as there are plenty of Mandarins, Navels and Satsumas)

1 c milk
1 c cold water
1 pint frozen vanilla yogurt or ice cream
1/2 c sugar
1 tsp vanilla
10 ice cubes

Combine all ingredients except ice cubes in blender container; blend until smooth. Add ice cubes; blend until thickened. Serve immediately.
Yield: 6 (1- cup) servings.

FRUIT SHAKE

1 c milk
1 c fresh or frozen unsweetened strawberries ( or other berries)
1/2 c fresh pineapple chunks or canned in juice and drained
1/2 c plain low-fat yogurt
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
4 ice cubes ( omit if using frozen strawberries)

In a blender container, combine all ingredients except the ice cubes; blend until smooth. Add ice cubes; blend until thickened. Yield: two ( 1 1/4-cup) servings.

Have fun!

Bea

o

Boy I am really loving this!

Received another card today from:

Lisa831 sent a beautiful wintery church scene card with pink hollyhock seeds, thank you so much.

I can't wait to try all my new seeds that all my secret santas have given me.

Need to keep all the suggestions of drinks and concoctions for aliments copied somewhere easy to get at. All great suggestions. Happy Holidays to all

Sandy2

o

Aloha all :)

Grrr. When it rains it pours... My computer went on the fritz the past several days and I could not post!

I have actually also been physically unwell for the last few days too, so any cards that I have received recently are still sitting around unopened. Will open them, and post thank-yous, later tonight, or tomorrow. :)

Can't do it now, too busy. I have workmen in my house right now installing some badly needed appliances. I had been living with no functional dishwasher and a fridge which had internal bins that would either freeze shut or if turned down to a lower setting to not freeze, the milk would spoil. All this might be OK for some folks, but definitely not OK in my view.

When the installation is done I am going to have to focus entirely on my Elfing, because I still have cards & seeds to mail out by the deadline! :)

TTYL, folks. Have fun!
Grovespirit

o

Hello, everyone! I got a card today from Lisa831 with Cosmos Sensation mix - thanks so much! I love cosmos - they're such a cheerful flower I have to smile just thinking about them growing in my flower beds this summer!

o

I recieve 2 cards yesterday Thank You Both for the cards and seeds

Got a card from Lisam627 she sent Gallardia "Monarch" and Aster Fred Aleate

also

Got a card from Ilovefarce with Ornmental Varingata pepper and Ornmental Twilight pepperes, Will have a whole garden of nothing but Ornmental Peppers,it be lovely

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here