Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
debbya_gw

new: january garden decorating rr-sign ups...

Debra Andruska
17 years ago

January-Wall art/garden decor/garden books/magazines~ things to help the winter go by quickly, and help plan our gardens for spring! A winter pick me up! Hostess- Deb

February-"Things I Love" Hostess- llbean (Laura)

March-Garden books/magazines, plant markers, Windchimes/bells (?)

April-Garden signs & suncatchers (?)

May - ?

June - ?

July -Christmas in July (?)

August - ?

September - ?

October - ?

November- ?

December- Christmas Swap or "Secret Santa" (?)

Also, please feel free to post any ideas for the remaining months.

Deb

Comments (43)

• llbean
    17 years ago

Count me in.. Thanks for choosing me for Feb.. It will be fun, but I'll need help..

Laura

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Laura,
    I'll help you as much as needed! Email me with any questions.

I'm sooo glad your hostess for Feb. We need some new ideas, and new members!

Deb

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I should add- I'll take signups for the next several days. On January 2, pair up swap partners.
    All packages should be mailed on/around the 15th.

Let's have fun this month!

Deb

• snyder
    17 years ago

I would like to play. Ann

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

I'd like to play too!

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Giving this a bump! There is still plenty of time to sign up for January's swap.

• lil_green_thumb
    17 years ago

Count me in for Jan!
    ~Kimberly

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Bumping this up to the top one last time. There is still some time to sign up for January's swap.

Also, wishing everyone a safe, healthy, HAPPY NEW YEAR!

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Deb I would love to be included again this month please.
    Nancy

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Oh what the heck, I would love to be included again.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

The lineup for this month's swap~
    **January**

Tina (Hummingbirddaisy) sends to Laura (llbean)
    Laura (llbean) sends to Kimberly (lil_green_thumb)
    Kimberly (lil_green_thumb) sends Sue (Sguanzon)
    Sue (Squanzon) sends to Nancy (Cedarnest)
    Nancy (Cedarnest) sends to Deb (Debbya)
    Deb (Debbya) sends to Ann (Snyder)
    Ann (Snyder) sends to Tina (Hummingbirddaisy)

I hope we get more to join in next month! It's getting hard to pair up swap partners with such a little group (that haven't recently been paired up).

As always, let's have LOTS of fun this month!

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Thank you Deb!

• cassiet
    17 years ago

I might be interested but want more information. Do we sign up each month and send only to the person we are assigned. I'm not sure how this is working

Cassie

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Cassie,
    It's too late to join January's swap, swap Pal's have already been assigned. When you see February's thread (and if your still interested) sign up then. Usually each new month's thread goes up around the 15th.
    "Garden Decorating RR" is a monthly swap that runs all year long. Your assigned a different swap Pal each time.
    Also, you must send your package with delivery confirmation. Delivery confirmation is really worth the extra .50 it allows us to track the package, and shows you mailed your end out. I usually use USPS for all packages, but UPS would be ok too (as long as a tracking number is used).

Deb

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

I just about have Nancy's box ready to go, hope to get it out this weekend. Thanks for hosting again Deb.

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Ann,
    I mailed out your package yesterday, USPS #0306 1070 0001 7512 1446.

I hope you enjoy it!

Deb

• snyder
    17 years ago

I received a very nice box today from Deb. She sent the following. A garden shovel, 30 Chionodoxa bulbs. 3 balls and a bag of treats for my puppy, a real pretty sun medallion, and a very nice box of Choclates which I'm sure I'll enjoy. Deb always sends a very nice box. Thank you Deb it is all very nice and I love it all. Ann

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

Nancy

Your box is on the way - hope you enjoy it! Are you having these ice storms I'm hearing about?

It suddenly turned cold today. It's been in the 70's now it's in the low 50's and we're supposed to have a hard freeze tonight. I use every sheet I have to cover plants - it's a real pain!

Nancy the conf # is 0306 2400 0003 1103 4757

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Giving this a little bump~
    Let's get those boxes out. ;)

Deb

• susandonb
    17 years ago

I have been trying to contact someone involved with this swap to find out if I can participate in it. I can't seem to get a response from anyone through email, could someone please let me know if I can sign up for this swap.

I have tried to get information on a couple of different swaps on this site and no one seems to reply?

Thank you,
    Susan in NC

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Susan,
    Please send your info to my direct email~ Da1763@aol.com
    for some reason I never receive any email when it's directly sent through the Garden Web, it always gets lost.

Also, when Laura (our host for February) posts the new thread "February's Garden Decorating RR" post, sign up there directly on that thread. This is a monthly swap (your not required to join each month) just when you feel like participating (swapping) and love the 'theme' of the month.

Everyone's welcome to join in this swap!

Deb

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Sue,Oh I will be on the lookout for it : ) We really lucked out here weather wise over the weekend.Just a half a foot of snow but NO ice.Thank Goodness.Today tho the sun is shining and it is so *Bright Out* LOL That sun reflecting off the snow is so pretty but sooo blinding!
    Hope everyone else is ok.I guess the ice storm was rather bad in places a little farther south and east of here.

Deb,I sent you am email about your swap from me this month.Hope you received it?

Have a Great Week Everyone!
    Nancy

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Planning on sending my box out at the end of the week.

Hope all is well and warm!

Tina

• diene
    17 years ago

Hello All;
    I was going to stay out of round robins for a while and I guess I did but I am offering to be the hostess for March if you still need a hostess. Let me know Deb. diene

• susandonb
    17 years ago

Hi Deb and everyone,

I would volunteer to host May since it is my B'day month.

Ideas for some other months;
    June-Day at the Beach (things related to the beach)
    August-"Dog" Days of Summer(good books, flavored ice tea bags, etc.)
    September-Gourd Friends(decorated gourds, gourd bird house)
    November-Blessings from the Garden(pickles, preserves, dried flowers, etc.)

• snyder
    17 years ago

I sent hummingbirdaiseys (Tina) box yesterday. Conf # is 0302 2940 0002 0654 6232. Ann

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Sue..Sue..Sue... I just love everything you sent me. Stargazer Lily Bulbs,I never have been able to find them around here unless I hit a Big Nursery in the city and the way I drive that aint happenin' any time soon.I already know where they will be planted.Big Smooches Sue!! Oh my what a huge and I mean huge snowman draft blocker.He is so darned cute sitting by my upstairs door. I love the votive holders,I like using them to put my plastic mini av pots in.They look so cute in them in the winter,plant food spikes which I never seem to have enough of and the plant stakes will look so pretty in my potted plants.The Snowman lotion holder and candle are both adorable.A knit winter scarf which I absolutely Love and looks great with my leather coat.The body butter smells yummy.The thought of lantana and tropical hibiscus for in the spring has me really dancing.Thanks Sue for everything.! Nancy

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

I received my box from Ann today! I am jumping up and down with joy!!!!!

I finallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy got a Ball Blue Book!!!!!! YES!!!!!!
    Honey, if that is all you would have sent me, I would have STILL been as happy as a lark! Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!

Also in this awesome box was:
    Better homes and gardens Garden ideas magazine!
    Taste of Home Cooking for 2 with a great pasta recipe in it!!!
    an oven mit (I can NEVER have enough of these!)

This woman sent everything I tell ya......

A Body Massage Ensemble! With Rosemary gel and different messagers in a nice carry bag. I love this!!!!

Apple Pectin Body Butter - it smells just wonderful I LOVE body butter.

A birdhouse windchime! I love this as well...I love everything!

A beautiful golden with golden ribbon picture album. Will look great on my coffee table!

a votive holder and 4 vanilla scented tea lights. I am a candle freak, this this is very cool!

recipe note careds with sleeves - Can never have enough of these!

6 packs of seeds that I will be WSing!

Some Ghirardelli chocolate and caramel candies - yummy!

a magnet for the fridge

A sprinkler - 3 arm rotart. How awesome is that!

and Vanilla cappuccino - my absolute favorite!

WOW, you really packed this box full. I can't believe you got it all to fit, and so nicely as well.

Ann- This is the GREATEST box! I love and can use everything you chose for me. Thank you for all the time and thought you put into everything.
    The Ball Blue Book is just awesome!!!! Everything is awesome.

Again thank you so much!
    Hugs!!!!

• llbean
    17 years ago

Hi ladies..
    Deb, sent your hostess gift Hope you like.. Number 0306 1070 0000 8566 1605. Let me know when it arrives..
    Just a little something for the MG.

Kim~ Soooo sorry for the delay, I needed a box, and I hate buying them so you will laugh when you see what I wrapped it in.. Te he.. Your confirmation number is 0306 1070 0000 8566 1629, and I am such a drift, I always I mean ALWAYS forget to put my cards in the box... SOOOOOO, I sent you a cute card with a gft cert. from my garden to your with some Stella D'oro and some Bee Balm in Garden Scarlet View and Raspberry Wine.. I wrote it on my calander and printed the paper for my book so I will send in the spring.. Sorry about being a flake..
    Laura

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I've been working really hard to get this swap going again with some fresh, new ideas. I have a couple of hostess volunteers lined up for March (Diene), May (Susan), November (Susan).

Any one willing to host a month? If you are willing, please let me know! Also, I would love to hear more ideas for the following months.
    April, June, July, Aug, Sept, Oct, Dec.
    Must be 'Garden Decorating related'...seeds, bulbs, plants, birdhouses/birds, garden decorations (suncatchers, windchimes, garden statues (fairies, frogs, etc).
    The swap can have other themes mixed in too. Try to incorporate at least one/two garden items (even if it's a package of bulbs, seeds, plant, garden bag, tools, etc).

I'm really looking forward to making this swap SO MUCH FUN! ALSO, filled with new ideas! Without taking away the "Garden Decorating RR" theme!

Deb

• llbean
    17 years ago

Hi Deb.. I know that I am doing Feb. and I don't want to be greedy, but I will take April. I like the theme April Fools..
    So if you'd like I would love to do another.. I have some tricks up my sleves.. and lots of other ideas too..
    Laura

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

I'll host Aug or Sept Deb. Either one will be fine with me.

Tina

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

deb, do you accept "outsiders" or is this a closed type swap?

maryanne

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

March- Garden books/magazines, plant markers, Windchimes/bells, seeds/supplies. Hostess-Diene
    April- Theme to be announced.. Hostess-Laura
    May- Hostess-Susan
    June- Plant swap(?)
    July- "Christmas in July" ~Red/White/Blue~ flowered plant swap(?)
    August- Hostess-Tina
    September- "Fall" plant swap(?)
    October- Bulb/tuber swap(?)
    November- Hostess-Susan
    December- Christmas Swap or "Secret Santa"(?)

I'll update the list often, and if the month has a question mark by it, it's just an idea. Once the hostess of the month let's me know the theme of the month (with details) I'll update the list.

Earthly,
    Please feel free to sign up for any/all months your interested in. There is no monthly commitment. Sign up for just what your interested in.

This is your swap! Keep the ideas coming!

Deb

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Laura - Was wondering if you got your box yet?
    I sent this RR and the OBF RR together in one big box.
    Conf # shows it was delivered yesterday afternoon, so just checking :-)

Thanks, Tina

• llbean
    17 years ago

Yeah Tina Yeah me..
    I got my box and WOW WOW WOW..
    A great book for me and my pootie, Tommy Dolitle (we will love this at bedtime).. A beautiful wall plaque that will be mounted on my tree this year... As well, as a photo album.. I never have enough of these seeing last year I took 1,146 photos of MAX!!!
    Tina thanks so much.. You really know what I needed.
    I will try to post some pics..
    Thanks again.. I love it..

Deb~ Did you get your hostess envelope?
    Kim~ Did you get your package? It shows that it was delivered..

Thanks
    Laura

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Laura,
    No package yet. I'll let you know as soon as it arrives. Mail seems to be a little slower lately.

• llbean
    17 years ago

Kim~
    YOur package shows as being del. on the 23rd.. Have you got it? I am getting worried that maybe it got lost?

Laura

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Kim just emailed me, she's been really sick with a kidney infection and the flu. Her package for Sue is going out on Tuesday.

I'll email her and see if her package arrived (from Laura). I'll post when I find out anything.

Laura,
    Your package arrived, thank you so much!
    I love the canning book! I've never attempted canning...and have been thinking about it after the overabundance of tomatoes last year (my first year having a garden). I froze all the extra tomatoes in ziplock freezer bags, and really debated learning canning. It seems to take up so much time, but the book made it sound easy!
    Also, thanks for the seeds!
    Gazania "Sunshine Mix", 4 O'clock "Kaleideoscope", Morning glory "Milky Way", California Poppy "Creamsicle", Morning Glory "Heavenly White", MOONFLOWER "White", Blackie potato vine seeds! I tried to overwinter my potato vine and lost it, so really appreciate the potato vine seeds! Plus of course, all the other seed varieties, especially the white ones. Most will go in my moongarden! This moongarden has to be finished this year! I've been working on it for two years!
    Thanks so much Laura, for sending me this really neat gardening carepackage! I really appreciate it!

Deb

• lil_green_thumb
    17 years ago

Sue - Your DC # is 0306 1070 0001 9493 7752
    Laura - your box arrived on time. I just opened it wednesday. Finally feeling much better today. I got a great smelling grape candle, two votives, a great smelling orange candle, an some pink charm narcissus! (love thiese! i didnt have pink! , a pool and fountain book (TY am going to start on pool this spring!) a calender that i can fill in & pen, wonderful idea for seed packs - plastic sheets( 4 of them along with 6 packs of seeds -a weekly pocket calender, and an adorable 2+ ft tall wooden decorative cabinet with the cutest birdhouses painted on it! and a great bracelet that I love! Thank you beans for such a great box!

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

Hi Kim I don't want to miss your box, I can't seem to make that number work, when did it go out?

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

I received the most thoughtful box from Kim. Kim, thanks so much for these wonderful gifts! I received: a beautiful butterfly wind chime with matching pot sitter, a fairy pot stake, a magnetic shopping list, a 2007 farmers almanac- don't have one!, raspberry tea, a new Country Bouquet calender (just in time), a Garden Ideas magazine - can't wait to read - and a really nice big butterfly stepping stone. Everything was so well packaged and really nice. Thanks again Kim!

• lil_green_thumb
    17 years ago

Glad it got there! Forgot to check the posts until today! I used the after hours drop off to send the boxes ( the new thing alot of post offices have now) so i dropped it off like 1am that saturday morning. Was hoping the stepping stone made it in one piece!
    Glad it arrived and Thank you for being so patient with me this past month!