Margaret~

Bunny~received

Sue~received

Deb~received

Dianne~

Carol~received

Dirt~received

Earthly~received

Hope everyone had a great day. It was wet one here.

Bunny & Earthly~ your prizes are flying out in the AM!!

Good Night All!

April

Comments (23)

• earthlydelights
    15 years ago

Hi everyone.

My box has been mailed, so one of the three remaining should be on the lookout. Mailed out a little past the deadline, but it did get mailed as soon as I found an appropriate box. Sad to say, that I still couldn't fit a few things!

Melissa...still no baby? Hope you are not too uncomfortable. So, does your old man have instructions to sign on and give us the news right away, or do we wait until you get home?

Jeanne, I wintersow as you do. After the New Year I get started. I am going to try to sow most of the seeds I have, even some older ones from a few years back and see what happens. I'm doing my best to downgrade my seed stash. Since my son and his family moved back in, there are three gallons of milk per week, so I have a good deal of those containers, in conjunction with the ones I saved throughout the year. I'm only going to do milk jugs and soda (pop) bottles this year. No more cups or strange containers.

Oh my goodness Theresa, I so feel your pain. Couldn't you have blamed it on them making a mistake? Boy I would have tried everything under the sun. I sure hope you negotiated that penalty. I had to change flight times once and they were zapping me all these penalties, so instead of per person (it was just two of us), we negotiated to cover for just one of us.

My wrapping is almost done - certainly not a job I enjoy at all. I have a few more things to buy - but nothing major. I'll get that out of the way this week. I really just need something else for my son's pile and some additional stocking stuffers. I need to get to baking and since our weather is going to be pretty crappy the next few days or so, it will be the perfect time. It'sjust very difficult to get a lot of things done with a 2.5 year old. I love my little mini-me, and she does like to help, but.....Honestly, I don't know how my mother did it. I'm one of seven, so she must have been constantly exhausted with all those kids needing tending.

Mary Ellen, sure hope you are recovering nicely. Have you started therapy yet? Are they coming to you initially?

Carol, nice to see you. Sorry it's not as often.

April, sounds like my kind of bonus. I'll have plans for something and then a house or car thing goes on the fritz and se la vie!

Can someone post or email me a current member list? I was trying to clean up my folders and address file. I know there are also some new members whose information I don't curently have since I've been somewhat absent for the last year. Thanks in advance.

Can you believe Christmas is just ten days from now?

Hope everyone is well and staying warm.

Maryanne

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Well, I just thought I'd post an update, so that everyone would know where things are. LOL
    Currently at 6cm. And holding. *ugh*
    And we've got the *due* date pushed back to the 20th. Which was the original due date, but I had measured bigger & the baby was bigger, so they gave me the 28th of Nov as a due date. It was difficult to tell, since I'd had a miscarriage in late Feb/early March. Since I was measuring so big, we simply thought it wasn't a complete miscarriage.
    The way things are progressing (or going on and on and on....LOL) it looks like it WAS a complete miscarriage, and this is just a regular pregnancy after that.

ANYWAY. I just wanted everyone to know the current events...of the never-ending pregnancy. LOL So now, I'm not officially late.
    I think.
    At this point, I'm just throwing my hands in the air and saying *WHATEVER, LORD!!!*
    LOL

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Bumping this up for Remy!!

later...April

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Hi All,
    I am an idiot! Last night the other thread got to 150. I was waiting on a new thread from April, I must of turned off the computer around the time of the new post. Well, tonight I come home and email April in case she doesn't know that the other thread is to 150, I need to post because I got my box. Of course I get an email back that there is a thread, Duh! LOL!!

So anyway, yes, I got my box from Santa! : )
    I felt like it was Christmas because the box mailed was a wrapped dept. store type box like you would open on Christmas morning. In it was lots of goodies! I got:
    A lovely Christmas card
    3 pkged. plant roots in peat moss. They are out in the garage fridge, and I'm trying to remember, Red Trillium, a Fern, and I'm drawing a blank! it is another forgotten, but very appreciated shade garden plant
    2 Wreaths, a small Gold one, and a med. sized Winter Garden one. The winter garden one will be nice to leave on the door after the regular Christmas decor gets packed away.
    Christmas paper Plates and Napkins
    Christmas Coffee Mug with Hershey's Cocoa mixes
    Swiss Chocolate Almond Coffee
    Spinach Dip mix
    Snowman Pin
    Snowman Air Freshener
    Snowflake Ornament
    Christmas Hand Towel
    Christmas 3 pk. Kneehigh Socks- Very nice for up north here
    Rose Petal Goats Milk Soap- smells great
    And the presents were sprinkled with Lindor Truffles, Yummy!

Thank you Santa for all of the wonderful gifts!: )

I'm too tired to write anymore, lol.
    Have a good night everyone,
    Remy

• margaret_2007
    15 years ago

Hi, Ladies-I am so glad you liked your box Remy. I had fun putting it together for you. It is sort of difficult to know what to send as I don't know any of you ladies too well yet but I am really enjoying this group & hoping if I happen to send something any of you can't use, please feel free to send it on to someone who can. The updated lists sure help!

Now I must share what I received from my Secret Santa- Shirley. I am absolutely delighted with every thing. I sure hope I don't miss anything as my box was so full of great things. 1st a lovely card-great computer holiday paper & I have already used some of that, just the greatest wind chimes I have ever seen, which I think are ducks or geese ( wind chimes are one of my favorite things), a beautiful white butterfly with pearls and glitter, a Z-tech transplanter which I really need as I constantly have bent the handles on mine, "In The Garden" Calendar with gorgeous pictures on each month, a fragrance reed diffuser, vine ripened strawberries, I have never had one and can't wait to try, magnetic note pads which use continually placed on my refrigerator for grocery needs, Post-its, bright pink & yellow ,I really have a thing about Post-its & pens, pencils, etc. & several Sharpies, all colors, black, green, red, & even a purple one & candy canes. She also is sending day lily's when the weather gets better. Thank you so much, Shirley. It was really a delight seeing how you had checked my likes & responded so abundently. You are a great Secret Santa. Blessings to each of you. Margaret

• brittneysgran
    15 years ago

Margaret-I read you were not really into household items (decluttered your house) so I tried to find outside and useable items. At one time It took me all day on Saturdays to clean and dust my house. I had to declutter also and really didn't miss all those things. My DD says I still need to get rid of lots of magazines though. I told her I have to read them first.

Melissa-You are getting closer and closer to my Birthday. Poor baby I hope it's not too close to Christmas. Personally I have never liked my Birthday. Way too much going on to remember someone's Birthday and you usually get one gift and they smile at you and say this is for Christmas and your Birthday. LOL

My cookie party went great and the fun and laughter was extra special. I think everyone who came made extra cookies so I had tons left after everyone got some of each. I nicely wrapped them up and took them to the guys at work. They went quickly I can tell you. Sure saved me some pounds I won't have to work off. Everyone bought a wrapped ornament and we played the White Elephant game, love that game.

Shirley

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Morning!!

Box update:
    Mellen~received
    Remy~ received
    Brittneysgran~
    Margaret~received
    Bunny~received
    Sue~received
    Deb~received
    Dianne~
    Carol~received
    Dirt~received
    Earthly~received

Looks like this swap is almost WRAPPED(The kids are excited as tomorrow is last day of school till after New Year's.I've gotta make reindeer cupcakes for Taylor's class party.Amazing what two pretzels,two white choc chips & a red hot can transform a cupcake into!The red hot candy was a PITA to find.Broke down & bought little bottle at Kroger & THEN found huge box of them @ Wal-mart much cheaper.Grrrr....
    I'm off to make truffles & wrap up the illuminated potpurri jars for the teachers.
    Anyone know how long iris & daylilies can live in paper bags? Might dig them up today as it's going to be 68 here!!!
    later...April

• veeja11
    15 years ago

I am snowed in 10 inches and counting we never get snow here, so everyone is in the ditches. hope everyone has a wonderful christmas. to those of you who lost loved ones just remember they are spending christmas with Jesus this year. big hugs to all my bloomin friends. hugs carol

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    15 years ago

That's a wonderful thought, Carol. I hope that those of you missing loved ones find some comfort at this time of year.

It's sure been quiet here. I guess I'm not the only that's been crazy busy. We are out of school now though and I should be able to relax a little although we fly up to Michigan on Saturday for a week.

I wonder what's up with Melissa. I'm thinking she's had the baby by now.......Bunny are you out there?

I hope everyone is staying safe in all the ice and snow but I hope those of you in the Michigan area don't let it melt before we get there!

Theresa

• earthlydelights
    15 years ago

darn, that last box is taking forever to get to its destination; although, based on the tracking system, it finally made it to the (local) post office. so much for "priority" mail.

carol - we had a dusting, but that's about it. we also have had sleet and hail and rain and frigid, frigid temps.

i still can't believe we are this close to the end of yet another year. sure happened quick, didn't it?

melissa, any baby news yet?
    mary ellen, how are you progressing?
    maybe with both of them no news is good news?

april, thanks for the goodie package that i received today. it really is appreciated.

WHERE IS EVERYONE??????????????????????????????

be back later
    stay warm everyone

maryanne

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Hi All,
    I've been working OT and trying to get everything done for Christmas. This is not a good combo, lol. I do have Christmas, Fri., and Sat. off. Thank goodness.
    So there isn't much to tell. Except the weather has been horrible. There's a ton of snow!! I heard that over the weekend the temps will go up into the 50's, got to love December!
    I'm going to post the Jan. post on Friday when I have more time.

I hope everyone is also just busy with the holidays and everyone is well.
    Talk to you all soon,
    Remy

• drgulley
    15 years ago

Hi everyone,

I received a nice big box from my Secret Santa Maryanne today. Thank you so much Maryanne. It was a nice surprise to come home to. The box is decorated so pretty and it is huge. Unfortunately I have not been feeling well at all today so I haven't opened it up yet. I am hoping I will feel better tomorrow and I will post again then. I am not sure if I caught a bug or what but it is no fun. Thank you again Maryanne! :)
    Dianne

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Hi Everyone, No baby Yet...I've just been sick. I still don't feel well, but wanted to say Hi to everyone.

April- THANK YOU for the sweet prize. I really enjoyed opening your package yesterday...it made my day! :O)

I hope everyone has a GREAT Christmas.
    Stay safe & Have fun!

• sguanzon
    15 years ago

I'm very concerned. I sent my Santa box last week and there's been no posting of it received or contents. I'd better go check my DC#..............:(

Sue G.

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Morning All!!
    Is everyone finished shopping? I'm all finished & everything is wrapped & waiting.They get to open one tonight after dinner,so they keep looking under the tree,trying to decide which one to choose. What's really great is they don't know about the ones in my closet!I'll bring those out AFTER they open the one tonight.LOL! I'm evil I know!Their uncle sent them cash,so the 2 oldest bought Heeleys.Pray that we don't spend Christmas in ER with cracked anything... We are making them wear their helments,but that doesn't protect the limbs!!!

Guess I'll bake something sweet later on. My grandparents are coming from Alabama the day AFTER Christmas,so that's when we will have our big dinner.Pretty much the same menu as Thanksgiving.

Maryanne & Bunny ~ glad your prizes made it safe & sound AND before Christmas!

Dianne~feel better soon! Post your goodie box when you can.No rush!!

All boxes have been sent & received!!

later...April

• margaret_2007
    15 years ago

Hi, Dear Ladies-This has been a delightful RR & please know I wish you & yours a most wonderful Christmas & much joy & peace in the coming New Year. It has been delightful getting to know each of you the short time I have joined this great group & hope to know each of you better in the exchanges next year. Blessings, Margaret

• margaret_2007
    15 years ago

April-A great big "Thank You" for hosting this RR. You did an excellent job & I know it was delightful for all of us! Blessings, Margaret

• brittneysgran
    15 years ago

I received the most wonderful Christmas box just in time for Christmas.

The name was not given but the gifts were great.
    A ceramic bird (love this little guy)
    Gold Jingle Bell Wreath (so pretty)
    Water Jewels, you add water and use these in house plants, center pieces or floral arrangements (can't wait to try them
    White vine supports, for wall or trellis (never seen these before can't wait to try)
    Garden design magazine-thanks
    House plant (will pot up tomorrow -yeah 4 days off work)
    And...................Chocolate fudge pudding pie mix....Yum this sounds devine..will let you know how good it is tomorrow when I fix it.

Thanks so much Secret Santa, all the wrapped gifts were fun to open.

Merry Christmas everyone.....I'm beat

Shirley

• earthlydelights
    15 years ago

Wishing everyone a very blessed Christmas!!!!color>

Maryanne

• drgulley
    15 years ago

I hope everyone is having a nice Christmas. I am feeling much better and wanted to share what I received from my Secret Santa Maryanne...

Hot Cocoa Mix - nice to have this time of the year
    Snowman recipe cards - good to write holiday recipes on
    Santa note pad - cute
    Xmas tree luminarie bags
    Pocket calendar - fits great in my purse
    Coasters with a tree on them
    Christmas dish towels/wash cloth
    Candy canes
    Candle holder/tea light holders
    Xmas tree bake set
    Bath set - these are fun to use
    Decorative Christmas paper
    Wall calendar
    Bath garden candle
    Suet feeder w/ bird seed
    Warming up the holiday cd
    Holiday planner
    Christmas craft book
    Wooden Xmas tree decoration

I hope I didn't leave out anything. Thanks again Maryanne. I really appriciate all of the goodies! It was so fun unwrapping all of the neatly wrapped gifts. :)

Dianne

• brittneysgran
    15 years ago

Dianne-Glad to hear you are feeling better.

I really got busy today and boxed up all my Christmas decorations. I plan to clean house from top to bottom before I return to work on Monday. Some of the family has decided to go to Dollywood Saturday and I'm going with them. I guess this will be the last time we get to use our season passes.

Prayers for Gloria and her family...I do hope she got to go home for Christmas.

Where is everyone....must have ate too much mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, corn, ham, slaw and whatever else. LOL I told DH I was making spaghetti for supper. I'm tired of ham, green beans and all the fixings.

Shirley

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Hi All,
    I had a wonderful Christmas. I hope you all did too.
    I'm glad to see everyone got their presents from Santa just in the nick of time!

Shirley,
    I have been eating too much for days now! We had Christmas food/desserts all week at work.
    Season passes to Dollywood sounds so odd to me, lol. I bet you all have a wonderful time together there.

Ok, I'm off to start the new Jan. thread,
    Remy

• brittneysgran
    15 years ago

Remy-Yes the Dollywood Theme Park is awesome. If you plan to go several times in the year the best buy is season tickets. If you buy a gold season pass you park free and get 25% off everything you buy including food. And you get the same deal with Dollywood's Splash Country which is a water park. A couple of years ago on one of Dolly's anniversaries she gave away lifetime free passes to all the guests in one of the shows. I sure wish I had been there that day.

Need to check out your Jan. thread.

Shirley