Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
raggedyann161420

Petal Pusher's Nov./Dec. Family, Friends # 3

raggedyann161420
15 years ago

Thought I would start a new post as the other one hit the limit.

Vic, I'm not for sure but I'll bet Zack has picked up his little attitude from day care, but I could be wrong. I know it is as hard on them as it is on you when you have to leave them. I'm off till next Friday night, I'm glad. It is cold out and I said I was going to be a hermit, but I do have to go buy supplies for the house and mail out those packages Monday or Tues.

Susie, sorry I missed you earlier, I hope you had a nice visit.

I wonder where Pixie, Sassy, Anita, Wendy, Debba, Janell, and the other girls are at. I'm sure everyone is busy decorating/baking/or shopping. This year has gone so fast; how time flies. I just hope the economy gets better with the new year. I think my job is secure but now days you just never know.

Pest is getting harder and harder to give medicine to, but I'm glad she is getting better.

LIFE IS GOOD,

Annie

Comments (116)

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Happy Birthday Tracy!! I dunno how to do all these graphics, so just pretend my wish is in technicolor! LOL

Suze ~ Your box is in the mail! The DC# is out in the van tho so I'll post that a bit later.. :P

Hugs everyone!
    ~Wendy

• skohler
    15 years ago

Thanks Saassy will be looking for it next week :)

Well everyone has left we had our Xmas today with dad .
    Nothing Fancy Just A fun time together :) & I Din't get stuck with all the big clean up :) HEHEHE

Tonight I have to go over to my Sisters to watch the kids with santa 's Visit :) We Have another Storm Moving in later tonight so I'm out of here so I can get back here before it hits .

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL

susie

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

FRAN, YOU ARE AWESOME!!
    I don't know how you came up with it, but you did a great job!!
    I got my box from Fran yesterday! She sent a cute pair of socks, a pic of Zack, the hat and mittens to donate, AND

Fran, they are just adorable! I love them! You are so creative. Thank you very much!

Margaret, your box went today, I don't have the DC# here, it's in the truck, but will post it soon. Sorry to be so late.

So, I didn't have time to read all the posts, I did see that Tracy has not posted in a while, has anyone heard from her? I emailed her to see what was up, I sure hope she isn't pulling her hair out over the cookbook. It's a little late now, but I will try and call her tomorrow, if I can find her ph#.

It is still pretty crazy around here, and I'm working pretty long days. I was making cookies last weekend and my 7 yr old $5.00 hand mixer finally gave out! I have been wanting a stand mixer for years but just couldn't justify the $$ when it would only be used 10-15 times a year. Jamie did go get me one for Christmas today! He didn't get the $200 Kitchen Aid, I told him not to, he got a Sunbeam for about $90. I of course had to try it out and made a batch of cookies. The thing is a piece of crap! It wouldn't even cream the butter right and it has a spinning bowl that gets so out of control it almost jumps right off the dang thing. After I added the dry ingredients it got even worse, then it started to smell like it was burning and quit working! It did start again after it cooled off, but it is going back tomorrow! I am going to do some research on them, I would like one of the ones that is a stand and hand mixer, but don't know if they will do the job, I want something that can take heavy dough and have learned that I DO NOT like the spinning bowl! LOL

Sorry I haven't been around much, work is kicking my butt right now. Everyone has realized that they have met their deductable for the year and wants surgery NOW before the end of the year. I am scrambeling to find times for him to do them and still have time for patients in the office, it's not been easy, we don't have enough days in the week and I sure don't want to add any more I'm tired enough. I have been told that it will slow down after this month, but a few other girls told me that no, the doc I work for is busy all year. But, at least I won't have to try and find time for him to do a bunch of surgeries in a 4 week time span.

Well, I think I've rambled on enough, I'm going to go relax on the couch for a while.

Fran, I did send my SS box for the Bday group today also : )

Take care everyone, and if I don't get a chance to get back on MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
    We are having everyone over here Christmas Eve, I have to work that day, and we are already booked with appointments : ( But, at least I have some job security : )

Night ladies!
    Vic

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Vic I am glad you liked the ornaments. I wanted to put 2008 on the one with Zack's picture BUT I was afraid I would mess it up and I DON'T like my hand writting so I will let you do that. I had planned on putting it above on the first 'cross' beam on the 'fence' but like I said I don't like my hand writting.

I REALLY HOPE YOU LIKE THEM...I like the Petal Pusher's one, and I figured you would like the one of Zack because you said it was your favorite pic of him this year :)!!!

I too hope Tracy is just busy with the Holidays and the cooking she has to do.

I am baking the kid's Bday now so we can surprise him with it tomorrow. He will be 15, I told him today not to expect a cake this year cuz his dad nor I are supposed to be eating them....I hope he is SURPRISED...lol.

I hope all is well with everyone. I will be checking back in again, we know I have no life right?

:) Fran

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Good Morning,

Fran, nice job on the ornament for Vic, how unique, now you must tell us your how you accomplished this. We still have until Wednesday to get packages; I will check back and see who sent and received.

Yes, a good morning it is as I've got cable back, so I can get on the internet. I made it home yesterday, and although it was not as bad here as it was where I working my little town does not salt any of the side roads. When I rounded the corner off the main road I did a donut, and then sorta/ kinda slip-slided away until I reached my house. I put my car in the garage and that is where is is going to stay until I have to go to work tomorrow night unless I can find someone to cover the on-call shift for me. I will then be off till Friday night.

When I got home there was a package from Sassy, with a really cute snowman/with tea light, a beautiful angel ornament, and hat and gloves for a little girl. I had DH drop the hat/gloves off at the pastors house because I wasn't going to venture out today.

Shelby's wife's grandma passed away Thursday and the funeral is today. I'm sad for her, and I hope in the future it doesn't spoil the Christmas season for her. No time is a good time to have our love ones leave us, but when it is around a holiday that is a whole different matter. It makes me sad that I can't make it there because the weather is just too bad to drive it.

Susie, I still have your ornament in the bubble envelope and I will put it in the mail on Monday.

Vic, glad to see you posting.

Wendy, glad you liked the ornament.

Tracy, Anita, and the rest, where are you guys?

I know this is crunch time for everyone and I know you guys are busy getting ready for next week.

I will check back in later.
    LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    15 years ago

{{gwi:1320760}}

LIFE IS GOOD,
    ANNIE

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Hey everyone! It's gotten colder here again finally ... 2 days ago we were in the mid 70's, tonight.. down to 25! My poor plants don't know WHAT to do!!

Vic ~ I've tried many MANY of the 'cheaper' versions and have yet to find one that's not a piece of crap!! lol I guess that's why the 'good' ones are so coveted! Goodluck :) Good to 'hear' from ya again too!

Fran ~ VERY cute idea for the ornament for Vic!! :) p.s. I also sent you a response to your email last week... did you ever receive it?

Annie ~ Do be careful on that ice! I had a good slide once myself.. not too eager to venture out on it again !

Hugs everyone!
    ~Wendy

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I found coverage for tomorrow night so that means I have the entire week to play. YIPPPPPPPPI!!!!

Wendy, yes the ice is bad here.

Fran, did you ever get your chicken egg yolk seperator? I have the delivery confirmation somewhere?

I know I posted earlier, WHAT DID MY TRUE LOVE GIVE TO ME ON THE SIXTH DAY OF CHRISTMAS? I have some miniture felt ornaments up for grabs if anyone can tell me. I know with the xmas rush you might not get them till after the holiday but you can always use them next year. I'm just letting you know these are not hand made.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    15 years ago

Hi everyone. I, too, have been too busy to stop by so for that, I apologize. Between trying to close out the semester at school, have a birthday party for DS, Christmas shopping, as well as all the other things that keep me busy in my life, I just haven't had a chance. But school is out now and we don't fly out until Saturday so I should have a relatively easy week. Just gonna try to bake, get wrapping done, and get ready for our trip. Susie says she will make sure the snow doesn't melt :)

I will guess that on the 6th day of Christmas, my true love gave to me 6 DAYLILIES, 5 BAGS OF MULCH, 4 GARDENING GLOVES, 3 FRENCH LILACS, 2 ROSE BUSHES, AND A BAGGIE FULL OF SEEDS

I hope everyone is staying safe in the ice and snow, and trying to stay warm.

Theresa

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

No Annie, I haven't gotten it yet. Maybe tomorrow.

Yes, Wendy I did receive and I am working on seeds for you girly...hold your horses! (hehe) I am kind of miffed at Park's Seed Co. at the moment, something you are wanting came from them and was supposed to have 100 seeds in the packet, when I opened it I KNEW there were no where near that many so I counted them there were rough 40. In the packet before that same thing but there were roughly 50 in that one.
    I don't NEED that many but it is the principle, when they say 20 they usually mean 20 not 8!

OK, I will stop ranting now. It is very cold here now. It is going to be only around 34 for a HIGH tomorrow the wind is bone chilling.

:)Fran

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Fran ! LOL I didn't realize I'd actually sent my list yet?? Boy I am losing it! lol

Time to go to bed I think! :P
    Hugs,
    Wendy

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Hey Girls,
    Just popped in quick before getting my sweet (not) little boy ready for bed.

I heard from Tracy today, (I left her a msg. and she left me one, so I haven't actualy talked to her) she has been crazy busy too.

Wendy, I did go to Jc pennys today and got a mixer it's a Cooks, reg $300 and was 50% off! I made a batch of cookie dough tonight, I love it! It works the same as the Kitchenaid where the bowl stays still and the mixer moves.
    I forgot to email you back about the plants, I would go dig them up, but it's been below zero here for going on 2 weeks now! We did have a few nice days of 20 degrees and then it cooled back down again. Last night the wind chill got to -30! It was down to -40 last week! So, I'm sorry, but there is no way in He!! I am going out to dig up plants! LOL

Fran, that ticks me off when something like that happens too. And it's not that you NEED that many, but you probably wanted to SHARE that many! LOL
    AND, yes, I am SURE I LOVE the ornaments you made for me! I was thinking the same thing about writing the date on the fence, and also thought the same thing about my handwriting! hehe

And, I should mention that the pics do NOT do the ornaments justice! I was just trying to get a pic on here real quick.

Annie, I'm so glad you get some more time off!! You deserve it girl! I'm sorry to hear about the death in the family, we are going through the same thing with Jamie's neice's Dad, he is very ill, I talked to her today and she said she didn't think he will make it till Christmas. He was diagnosed with cancer about three weeks ago, it had spread so much that they didn't even do any treatment.

Theresa, nice to hear from you. Do you get some time off for winter break? I know some schools have stopped doing that. I'm sure you are ready for a break!

I think I told you guys we were having Christmas Eve here, well, evidently after we all talked about it at Thanksgiving, since I didn't call everyone and tell them that yes it was still at our house they didnt' think it was! I didn't think I had to call and confirm it again within 4 weeks! Oh well, I have to work that day, and even though it is supposed to be 1/2 day, I'm sure we will be there till about 3:00 (which will still seem like a 1/2 day to me : )

Well, I'm going to go start the "I don't want to go to bed" battle. "sigh" If only they had something to make the little ones sleep! LOL It is one of our ongoing battles these days, his tantrums (knock on wood) seem to be getting a little better. The teacher at daycare said there are 2 kids in there that have pretty bad tantrums and I think that is where he is getting it.

OH, that reminds me! When I went to pennys today to get the mixer Zack went with me, of course I couldn't find a cart and don't use a stroller anymore.
    We had our office Christmas party friday night, they served Mexican food, and I drank a LOT of beer, NOT a good combination! LOL My stomach has not been well all weekend.
    Sooo, I am walking out with this GIANT mixer box and couldn't hold Zacks hand, he thought it was a great time to be able to take off on me and hide behind the clothes racks and walk around them! He didn't go far, but I was getting irritated and was trying to say in a "calm but stearn" voice to knock it off, didn't work. Then, my tummy started to rumble and of course the bathroom is at the very other end of the store and I knew I had to get home quick! I grabbed the back of his coat and trying to walk with this box lifting it with my thigh each step, he plops down on his knees! I continue to drag him down the isle! Then he YELLS "Mom! you're chocking me!" Of course everyone looks! I had to stop, and was expecting security to come grab me for child abuse! So, I grabbed his hand and tried it again, he got loose and off he went! I was so mad at this point I was ready to throw the mixer at him! (but I didn't want to break it!) I set the mixer down and got him and was going to swat his butt, he flopped down on the floor and SCREAMED "don't hit me" by now I am sure I am going in for child abuse! I got the mixer, grabbed his hand and drug him out of the store with him hollering "Mom, you're choking me!" At this point, I just kept going and pretended I didn't see that the entire store had stopped to see what kind of abuse I was putting my poor child through! I can laugh about it now, but was sooo ready to loose it in that store today!

And that thing I said about the tantrums getting a little better, just ignore that! LOL I think I spoke too soon!

Gosh I talk a lot when I get on here!
    Night All!
    Vic

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

No Miss Sassy THANG you DIDN'T already email the list back I looked at your want list...lol.

Vic honey, this too shall pass. I would have done the same thing you did. Someone called social services on me once they came out to my house (because they have to on EVERY CALL) and explained to me WHY they were there. I looked at them very sweetly and said 'There's the children if you think you can raise them any better then I can then let me pack you a bag.' They said "We are just checking on them have a nice day." Maybe not eactly like that BUT they DID leave in a hurry...

Golly where'd everbody else go?

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    15 years ago

Oh Dear, Vic. I think you handled that very well. I would have probably resorted to screaming right along with him. I would venture to say that most of the people staring at you in the store were thinking back to their similar instance that all of we moms have had. I know that Maverick had a melt-down at the check-out once about a candy bar. He ended up sneaking it and eating it right there at the check out while I was paying! Anyway, I'm glad you found a mixer! I will be baking today, myself.

Annie, I'm glad you have some time off. I will be loving my two weeks off but I'm sure it will go by way too fast!

Theresa

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

Brrr, it's cold! We had -20 below zero winds last night. Lots of snow & ice on the ground (several feet)! I've been busy baking, making soups. We had a cream of chicken soup on Saturday and a regular veggie/chicken soup on Sunday. Tonight I'm making it easy on myself and making a crockpot tuna casserole! It was so cold yesterday, that no birds even came to eat at the bird feeders. I see a few today now that it's bright and sunny. I better make this short- and refill a few feeders. Our wind gusts were so strong yesterday, that several feeders look empty from the wind.

Enjoy the Holidays, Everyone! I'll be back later on to post more.

Deb

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Deb would you care to pass that casserole recipe on? I like easy peasy stuff. I am making potato soup for supper tonight, haven't had it in forever and thought with all the cold it would be really good.

I can't believe all of you are in the single digits OR negative numbers, I am here complaining about 34 degree as a HIGH and low to mid 20's night temps, guess I better STOP whinning and thank my lucky stars huh?!

What kind of soaps are you working on Deb?

Hello everyone!

• sassyd
    15 years ago

Hi girls, I know, I've been bad not posting and I'm sorry, and Tracy don't ever think I forgot your birthday! I just couldn't get on the computer, I sure hope you had a great day and always know I'm thinking of you, and for that mattter all of you other girs. Its just been crazy here.

Julie and I have been cleaning like mad women and wrapping gifts and I just haven't been on the computer much but I hope everyone is ready for Christmas and doing well.

Annie, I hope you received my last email, but I'll send another one. I'm so glad to see you're off now for awhile. Whoopie! I'm so sorry to hear about Shelby's wifes grandma, I know shes in a better place but I lost my dad right before Christmas years ago. Its still hard to take even now. But I'm wishing the best for her hun. Thanks for letting me know you got the box:) I'm glad it will go to good use.

Vic, so good to hear from you! I'm glad you spoke to Tracy but I sure understand busy. I'm glad you got your mixer, you poor thing, I can see Zach now. I'll have to admit to laughing but I'm sure you (besides being mad as hell) you were so embarrassed. We've all been there.

Well cleaning is all done, all cooking now and just a few presents to finish wrapping. I should be able to find more time to post now. The kids and the baby are staying until after Christmas so I'm thrilled about that.

Hi Theresa!! Glad you have some time off. Try to relax some if thats possible until after the New Year. Wow 2009, can you all believe it?

I better run, hello to any I've missed!

Sassy

Oh, btw, day before yesterday I had 2 stalks with 4 buds each on 'double agent' again! 2 were blooming beautifully but it was going to get down to 28 that night so I had to bring them inside, they're still blooming but I don't think the smaller ones will open, but still.......to have an iris blooming on Dec. 22nd! Thats something:)

• skohler
    15 years ago

GM all We are Getting pounded with snow Starting to get houseatoesis :( It is already up to my Knees going to the Duck Pen & We have More comming today . 5-10 ".

But I Cannot Really complain for I would much rather drive in Snow then I would to Drive On Ice . :)
    I'm waiting for our guy to come plow out the drive this morning so I can get in for my Blood draw & do some last min shopping .

well I have to go out in the cold to feed water my critters before i go to town.

SASSY : Still No Box But Hope Maybe today. Xmas mail is slow :)

Have a great day & WISHING YOU ALL A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS >

Susie

• karenh71867
    15 years ago

Just dropping in to wish everyone the merriest of holidays!
    I hope this finds everyone well!

Tracy, I'm sorry I missed your Birthday. Happy Belated Birthday wishes!!

Take Care everyone,
    Karen

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    15 years ago

Susie, it is very likely that we will bring the warm weather with us from Florida. We just seem to have that luck when we go north hoping for snow.....so relief is on the way December 27th! :)

Theresa

• skohler
    15 years ago

Theresa
    You may be right for it is to Turn to rain saturday :(
    sure Hope you have a great trip . It is nasty out there today Glad to be back in the house :)
    While in town I went to the post office paul was just loading his car so I ask if there was a box for me YUP :(

Wendy I Have the box & it is lovely Thank You
    For the Kindness . Here is what I found In my Xmas Box .

Hat & gloves Witch I will be putting In the DONATION BOX Just down the road At the trailer park There are many kids there in the park whos folks have been laid off & So there is a special xmas for them Tomorrow afternoon I have Been baking cookies candies cakes today I need to bake a couple pies .For the party & for our xmas Dinner . our whole road neighbors & friends are putting this on for the park .
    so should be a great time :) .
    snowman plate
    3 xmas hand towels
    holiday socks
    merry xmas welcome sign
    Let It snow sign
    Grapevine star
    door knob bell
    cinnamon scented candle
    happy holiday snowman in a bucket with shovel
    rudolp raindeer filled with candy
    Golden Holiday wreath to hang on a tree
    Gold plated Bookmark that says
    A Friend loves at all times

& A Tree Ornament A Silver Dove that says
    The Winter is Past
    Flower Appear on earth.
    The time for singing is Here Song of Soloman

6 candy canes
    & MY OWN Little Christmas tree
    & also A special Jar of
    Mountain Manna Exotic Jelly "ROSE BLOSSOM"

I do like jelly Thank You For all the nice Gifts .

well I need to get busy so have a great day to all .

susie

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

I'm glad you enjoyed it Susie! I just came across 2 more things I meant to put in there...lol Isn't that always the case?

Hugs everyone!
    ~Wendy

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I'm posting who has posted that they have received. I'm sure the mail is slow and the others are coming. I know the prizes of sent out still have not reached their destinations; I'm worried. Tracy, I can replace the calender, but Fran, if the egg yolk separator does not show up I will have to send you something else. I sometime wonder how many packages are in the lost pile at the post offices across the US.I bet the number would make us all shudder.

Ok, If I've left someone out please let me know. I've tried to go through and see who all has received.

THOSE THAT HAVE RECEIVED:
    Tracy
    Susie
    Fran
    Mariann
    Wendy
    Vic
    Annie
    Margaret's in route; maybe today

Anita, and Sassy I know you guys are busy, so if you have time please post if you have received your package>

Shelby called me not once but 3times last night. I told him I'm not jealous that he is going to DeAnna's parents, after all it is only about an hour away verses 7 hours here. Like I've remarked in the past they are so good to Shelby; I would be upset if they were not.

I'm fixing Christmas dinner today, We are having Roast Chicken, potatoes, gravy, rolls, pumpkin pie/cool whip. Corn and creamed peas, and green bean casserole.

Tomorrow I will be lazy,
    I will check back later,
    LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Your reindeer ornament went out yesterday, or was it Monday?(I'm losing it,yes, I need a keeper sometimes) I know it will be after Christmas when you get it.

Annie

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    15 years ago

IS SPRING!!!!!!

• skohler
    15 years ago

GM Friends
    Tracy It was so nice to Hear you are ok & I Just wanted to let you know that I sent a reply & Hope it didn't go in the spam pit again :)
    Gee Good Thing I went to town yesterday for we are snowed in again got another 3-4 last night & more today yet then turning to rain by weekend .

I had margaret take a couple pictures of me in the snow
    only one turned out so will post it . for ya's
    yep it is up to my knees & I'm not even touching the deck boards . standing on snow :(
    have to go shovel it off yet before my deck caves in :) hehe. & yep I have wrinkles :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL OF YOU

susie

ANNIE Maybe we can chat later if your on .
    oh also can anyone email me as to what or how to get burg cuttings to grow ???

Here is a link that might be useful:

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    15 years ago

MAY YOUR HEART,YOUR HOME, YOUR HOLIDAY BE INSPIRED BY THE AWE AND WONDER OF THE CHRISTMAS STORY! HAVE A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS, FROM ME TO ALL OF YOU!<?FONT>

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• margaret_2007
    15 years ago

Thinking of each of you & praying you might know the peace & presence of the loving Jesus at this Christmas time & wishing you much joy & peace for you & yours in the coming New Year. It has been a delightful time getting to know each of you & looking forward to getting to know each of you better in the next years exchanges! Blessings, Margaret

• galium
    15 years ago

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL and HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO EVERYONE
    MAY YOUR DAY BE FILLED WITH HAPPINESS, JOY, AND LOVE OF FAMILY THOSE HERE AND AFAR AND FRIENDS HERE AND THERE!!!

• sassyd
    15 years ago

Hi girls! Quick pop in, but wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas!

Is anyone else out there as tired as me?

Nite Nite:)
    Sassy

BTW...HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHIRLEY!!!!!
    I think it was the 24th, if so I'm sorry. But hope you had a good one sweetie!

• galium
    15 years ago

I mentioned a while back that I would post pics of the ornaments that Annie sent me. The pics are a little fuzzy. They made a wonderful addition to my tree.
    Mariann
    Snow Woman

Handmade Wreath

Old World Christmas Ornament

Snowman

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Annie NEVER FEAR IT'S FINALLY HERE....I got my chicken egg separator today! It is just so darn cute! Thanks so much for sending it.

How was everyone's holiday? Great I hope.

Wow, I can't believe how quickly the years seem to go by now. I was always told as you get older they go quicker and quicker and surely they do seem too. Yet another year is almost past, hopefully the coming year will be better.

• skohler
    15 years ago

Gm To All It Is so Quiet In this Group Whats going on ????

WHERE IS THE ROUGHTIES SASSYD,ANITA,TRACY, YOU ALL KNOW WHO YOU ARE COME OUT & HELP GET THIS NEW YEAR GOING:)

WHO IS BRINGING IN OUR NEW YEAR WITH A SWAP ???

ANNIE : My Raindeer ornament arrived Friday But My Driveway was a skating rink & I did not go down to get the mail till yesterday (Sat) when our 60* melted it all away :)
    He will be perfect for my tree next year :) thank you so much.

So Theresa : YOU Was right when you said you was bring the FLA Weather with you this weekend friday was like 40's & Snow up to my Knees . THEN Sat was 60*thunder lightning & Pouring down falls of rain & Now all you see is Bare Ground . OH & FOGGY
    I Know your Boys were proble very disappointed With No Snow . but Hope not To Bored on their vacation To Mich :)

Well I'm going to get out of here today & walk off some of this xmas Dinner :)
    Wishing you all well & Hope to hear from you soon .

susie

My mind is a garden.
    My thoughts are the seeds.
    My harvest will be either flower or weeds.

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

MERRY (LATE) CHRISTMAS!!!

Hope everyone had a great one!!!

Pixie, where are you? HOW are you? I've been thinking of you often.

How is everyone else?

I'm glad you girls had a laugh at my shopping experience : )
    We had a Penny's employee come in to work after that and I told him the story, he laughed, and assured me I wasn't alone! LOL

We are snowed in!! We have not had this much snow here in Billings in over THIRTY YEARS!! And while it is only about a foot deep, the wind keeps blowing. Our driveway is 1/3 of a mile UP hill to get out, and there is about 4 feet of snow covering it right now that blew into it last night. I may not be going to work in the morning! I'm going to try and get some pics today.

We have some new additions to the family! Baby girl had her puppies the day after Christmas. Unfortunately we were taking Chris to the airport and she was outside at the time, 3 of them did not make it. Jamie told me we would know when she was ready to deliver, but she acted just fine when we let her out and we were gone for about 2 hours. It makes me sick to my stomach thinking about what she went through with out us here, and the poor babies.
    We have 4 left and they are all in the house nice and cozy.

Fran, sending a letter to the renters is an great idea! I'm going to write one today and when I can get to the mailbox I will send it. I did call and leave another msg. saying the same thing ( I was wondering if they intended to stay and sign a new lease) Oh, and the neighbors said they are still living there.
    I think I'm posting this on the wrong thread LOL
    For those that don't know, I've rented out my house in MI and have not heard from the renters since they sent Nov. rent. The lease is up Jan 1st, and I am thinking they thought maybe we were not going to renew it for them since they were late every month.

• skohler
    15 years ago

WOW Guess the HOLIDAYS Blues Has You all Drowning
    Winter Times Blues Whats With You All .

TODAY I'm Going To Be Planting Bulbs LOTS & LOTS Of
    HYACINTHs PEARL PINK & OTHER Mixed Colors
    TULIPS "Beauty in Pink ,PURISSIMA,PINK PEARL,VAN EIJK,
    DYNASTY , RED IMPRESSION, & PINK IMPRESSION .
    DAFFODILS: RED DEVON
    Went to our wal-mart yesterday & they had the bulbs marked $2.00 a pk Another Lady & I was chatting about them & said they should mark them down for some were getting mushy Well a worker heard this & WALA:)
    they went Down to $1.00 & I Bought 11 Bags Going Back for more :)) today .
    I plant them in containers & put them out on the deck
    My Ground is to frozen right now to dig in :) But have lots of container & Potting soil :).

Also will be planting many types of seeds anyone need seeds I have lots to share if anyone wants i can put a box together & we can share by sending the Box down the line RR Style Just let me know Would like to keep it at 10 for this players if you want in on the share .
    well got to go get busy .

Hope you all will come out & tell us what you want to plant this winter :)

susie
    My mind is a garden.
    My thoughts are the seeds.
    My harvest will be either flower or weeds.

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Hey Susie,
    I will be planting various onion seeds and my leek seeds today. They need to be planted now in order the get big over the summer.
    I have a gosh darn boat load of others that need to get started at this point I am not sure what all I need to start.
    Blackberry Lily for sure.
    Hyacinth seeds

I think an RR box would be great if you don't mind having me :)! HYACINTHs PEARL PINK WOW, I bet those will be pretty.

Today is finally sunny and maybe a little warmer here today so I am sure I will be out and about in the yard some even if it is to just walk around to see if anything is trying to do ANYTHING...lol.

Come on ya'll!!! WHERE is everyone???

• margaret_2007
    15 years ago

Hi, Ladies-It is Christmas all over again for me today. I received my box from Vic & she really made my day. I sure hope I don't miss anything she sent & each gift was wrapped in neat Christmas paper except the lovely "In the Garden" calendar, a lovely black & tan set of hat, gloves & scarf set, a Mikasa holly berry glass candy dish which will be put to good use as I just received a box of chocolates from a niece in Walla Walla, WA, the cutest rustic bird house with a snowman painted on it, my ornament is a lighted snowman that changes colors, (snowmen are one of my favorite things with my family always getting me these for holidays) & I seem to never have enough of them, then my lovely card contained the following seeds: Candy Lily, Blackberry Lily which I am going to look up on GW as I am not familiar with either but just got into lily's & iris last year, Shasta Daisy, Rogusa Rose, Pink, tall lupines, Hibiscus, Fantasia, pink hollyhocks & Cosmos which are one of my favorites. From these seeds & all gifts I can tell Vic that you checked my page. That was so nice of you. Everything you sent I am so pleased with & know that with everything you have had going on it was not an easy task for you. Please know I loved everything & appreciate each one of your thoughtful gifts. Blessings to each of you & thanks so much, Annie for hosting. I know we all have really enjoyed it & you did an excellent job of keeping us interested! Blessings, Margaret

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Margaret, I'm glad you finally got it! Sorry I was so late, I do hope you enjoyed it : )

Susie, a RR seed box sounds like a lot of fun, but I think I better hold off on that one, the last few boxes I sent were soooo late, and I don't want to hold everyone up. Maybe later when things calm down we can do something like that again : )

Sassy, I think it was you that mentioned a Jan seed swap? Maybe if Susie would like to, that RR seed box could be the Jan swap (and poss. Feb too) Or, since everyone seems so busy, we could just do a free for all swap, meaning no one in paticular has to host, whoever would like to play can post a seed want list and we can just go from there?
    Just throwing out ideas : )

We are now FREE!!! The neighbor came down with his tractor and plowed us out!! It took him about 2 hours eeek! But, we are free to come and go as we please! (well, Jamie did insist on trying to drive his 2 wheel drive pick up and got stuck! LOL )

Gonna go clean up cookie making mess (that is a whole story in itself!)

Vic

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

H-E-L-L-O (((echo echo echo)))
    It sure is lonely in here : (
    I get a chance to come play a bit and everyone is gone : (

Susie, how is the weather there? Do you have any storm damage? I hear it's been BAD!

How is everyone else?

Back to work tomorrow, I just got rested up...

• skohler
    15 years ago

Hi Vic
    Guess we are just going to have to play alone for a while again :( .
    Our weather has been crazy ,My Friend pat Just 2 miles away Has been without power since Sunday & she said they may not get it back till 11pm tonight.
    But If you seen me standing in snow up to my knees Just
    the day before xmas & we had no snow By Saturday .

Ok I got many of my Bulbs Planted yesterday & still a few more to do but these are going to go in Containers.
    well I Hope that ev1 will pop in to visit soon .

susie

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Good Morning Everyone!

Vic, your new babies are so cute. I wish I could take one, but.... with me on the road, hubby has his hands full with the kitties. (I don't know why I say kitties, they are no longer babies). I'm sure Zack is just loving them to pieces.

Susie, I'm glad you got your ornament.

Tracy, did you ever get your calendar, I have another one here if you didn't.

Fran, I'm glad you got the egg separator. I was beginning to worry.

Margaret, wow! you got a nice package, but that does not surpise me.

Sassy, Anita, did you get your boxes? I will be glad to send each of you something if they have been lost in the mail. I know if a package is going to get lost it will at Chrismas time.

Mariann, I'm glad you were satisfied with the ornaments.

Wendy, where are you?

Theresa, I imagine you are in Michigan by now. Did you pack long underwear?

Janell, I hope you had a nice holiday too.

I hope I did not miss anyone; I hate standing in the corner.

A seed round robin sounds good, but I will have to decline, was too busy on the road to collect any. I did however get the seeds wintersown that Vic sent me, and I thank you again.

I'm glad Christmas is over, and I hope everyone has a safe New Years.

Time for some sleep,
    LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• galium
    15 years ago

We are going away for a few days so I thought I'd pop in and say:

Mariann

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Here I am, Annie! lol Just busy busy like everyone it seems. I will be happy to pack all this Christmas stuff up.. but my son is requesting it to last thru New Year's..lol

To anyone that hasn't seen yet, Hazelnutbunny / Melissa had her baby early this morning! Congrats to her :)

Hugs everyone!
    Wendy

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

We're not doin' a darn thing for New Year's.. gonna be LAZY and gonna enjoy doin' it! lol

My bro got some fireworks so he'll bring them over, will make the typical Greens and Blackeye peas.

I've been doing my FIRST 'garden plans' since I'll be ws'ing so much this year and I wanna make sure the plants will all 'go' together in the various beds. I am having a blast perusing seed sites and making my wish lists even longer! lol

Hugs all!
    ~Wendy

• sassyd
    15 years ago

Hi girls, sorry its been so long. Alot going on here. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and will have a healthy new year!

Sue, you're in charge of the "New Year" swap, if you want to, I apologize to you all but I can't right now and I'm not sure when I can so I expect some of you in this group to step up. It will be re-paid I promise.

Annie, thanks so much for all you've done. you're the best and everyone knows it! *hugs* Please count me as 'received'.

Anyone up for tonight? I had Kenzie and just put her down for the night, we watched 'Shrek' , I think the last one, lol, I don't know. Anyway, she finally fell asleep so I'm waiting on 2009. Not long now:)

Happy New Year!
    Sassy

• sassyd
    15 years ago

Ok, saying goodnight and probably gooodbye for a while, wishing you all a wonderful new year.

Sassyd

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Happy New Year Everyone!!!!!

Sassy! Sorry I missed you last night! I was going to get on after I got Zack to sleep (we watched Shrek too) but I think I fell asleep before him! LOL
    We miss you, I hope things get better soon and you can spend some time on here! (I DO understand though : )

I made it till about 10pm last night! How about everyone else, any other party animals like me out there! hehe

Vic

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Happy New Year's everyone!

Don't worry Sassy, I'm sure we can work it out w/ the swaps. I'd be happy to help out wherever I can now that the holidays and the move is DONE! *whew! We'll miss you tho!

Hiya Vic! :) Miss ya girl!

We are all still in our pj's, stayed up til 2am. My bro and his gf came over around 9pm w/ fireworks, but everyone got busy on the Guitar Hero, so we/they did that til right about midnight, then we spent about an hour doing fireworks and waking everyone in the neighborhood up.. lol Then just cleanup and relaxing time. STILL relaxing.... lol

Hope everyone had a nice quiet or nice crazy New Year's, whichever you prefer!

Hugs,
    Wendy

• skohler
    15 years ago

WHAT A WAY To Start a NEW YEAR But sick in BED :(
    Sorry But you all know what can happen when you have a mixture of Cold then Hot then cold weather all in a week .

Anyway Sassy Good to Hear from you & Hope you will check back in again soon .
    AS For the JAN SWAP It sure sounds & Looks as if Everyone in this Group Is either To Busy .
    I will POst a swap Later this after noon & If We do not get 5 or more player then we will cancle .

I need the logo for the group if someone could mail it to me or if you have it in your photbucket I can go use it from there :) just let me know .

susie