Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

o
UPDATE: 4th annual whats left on my want list swap

Posted by pattygrow5 z6Pa (pattygrow5@yahoo.com) on
Sun, Dec 14, 08 at 22:44

Hi all we are getting larger each day and the original post is nearing maximum so I am starting this new post.
Rules are
you check all of the participants want lists and send seeds ONLY on their want lists marked who they are sent for so I know which person asked for them when separating.

There is a maximum seed pack of 200 there is no minimum.

We have a new cut off date to sign up for the swap of December 20th midnight.

All seeds must be mailed at the latest January 20th.

Your seed want list needs to be updated if you are waiting to update please note this on your list also put updated on top so we all know that it's been updated.
You will get as many packs as you send back and 2 extra as a bonus from me.I do not send duplicates unless you request them.

smaller amounts of some seeds can be sent if they are a harder to come by seed.

This swap is open to all members but only send seeds requested by other participants.

Here is the list of the people signed up so far

1-pattygrow5-patty
2-lisam627-lisa
3-rbrady-rhonda
4-sguanzon-sue
5-morguegirl-amy
6-ilovefarac-melinda
7-ncgardengirl-fran
8-poisondartfrog-alana
9-austinhanasmom-deb
10-sybilkrizinski-sybil
11-mickeyrey-michelle
12-yotetrapper-
13-agirlsgirl-angie
14-rosesmoreroses-diana
15-jworth-j
16-duodecad-alyse
17sissifriss-myriah
18-jaynine-janine
19-juliemn-julie
20-sassybutterfly2008-wendy
21-velsgarden-velvet
22-ptp813-pam
23-dancinginthegarden-nancy
24-ollierose-diana
25-pattyb-patty
26-patrob-patricia
27-just1morehosta-carol
28-threeshyacres-jodi
29-playintheyard
30-ggwrn-ginger
31-angelady-angela
32-ishareflowers-lisa
33-patrushka-pat
34-smokeymist-carol
35-sunsetin-karen
36-dorisl-doris
37-kamiljablo-kamil
38-maricybele-marcy
39-anadarkorose-
40-ourhappyhome-
41-kalena67-karen
42-dirtdiggin-
43-riley17-
44-chellflower-
45-ibartoo-Linda
46-sandygardens-
47-vikingkirken-lori
48-esiuol-louise
49-stevenwayne
50-flwrs4ever
51-kilngod-tina
52-pufftrinket
53-nikkineel-nikki
54-alwaysagarden-cindy
55-stagerat
Thanks and I look forward to checking your lists
Patty

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: UPDATE: 4th annual whats left on my want list swap

Patty,

I asked earlier on in the first thread about sending in less seed for some wants. I have quite a few of peoples wants but they are commercial packs from parks or ebay with only 10-20 seeds in the whole package.

I don't want to offend anyone and send in just 10 seeds of something, how do I go about deciding what is okay to send less of?

Sorry for being a pain in the a**, I'm new to seed round robins!

Lisa

o

Hi Lisa it should be good if you are sending a half of the pack
Patty

o

Lisa, I don't know about others, but I would be thrilled with just 10 seeds if something I really wanted!
Looks like this is going to be a good one! Melinda

o

Thank you Patty and Melinda!

I would love to share some of the new ones that I have been ordering but can't afford to send the whole package and buy another for myself.

If anyone is opposed to getting just half a package, please feel free to email me privately and let me know. I don't want to disappoint anyone.

Thanks
Lisa

Just for the record...I don't mind 10 seeds of my most wanted!

o

Lisa,

I'm happy with enough for just one or two good plants that I can then collect seeds from for future years! So with something like tomatoes or peppers, for example, that might be only five seeds.

Patty,

On a related note... (and Angela I hope you don't mind me bringing this up!) Angelady and I were working on a possible trade before we signed up for this; I was going to send her several varieties of veggies for a good amount of peas from her. Once we both signed up here, we figured we would just include everything in our envies for this swap.

Is there some way she can send the peas marked as "four trades worth" or something like that? So her one big pack would count as four seed packs both on her (giving) end and my (receiving) end? Or should she just send four separate small packs with my name on them? I would hate for her to get the short end of the deal!! (You all know what a wonderful trader Angela is, I'm sure) =)

Lori

o

LOL....I didnt even see this new thread! I have the other bookmarked! We do have 2 new players that signed up on the other thread also,they will be included in the list I post...which I am going to get working on right now!:)

I posted a link on the other thread about the story contest that Kate kms4me is having on seed exchange conversation side. She is offering up 20 awesome packs of seeds as the prize! Go check it out!:)

Well I am off to get the list together to post...be back soon! :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Winter Story Contest--20 packs of seeds!!!!!

o

Ok! here is the list of players equipped with clickable links,please let me know immediately if any of these do not work,I haven't the time right now to click them all to be sure. I will add any new sign ups and post an updated version up to the 20th! have fun! :)

1 pattygrow5

2 lisam627_ohio_z6

3 rbrady

4 sguanzon

5 morguegirl

6 ilovefarac

7 ncgardengirl

8 poisondartfrog

9 austinnhanasmom

10 sybilkrizinski

11 micyrey

12 yotetrapper

13 agirlsgirl

14 roses_more_roses

15 jworth

16 duodecad

17 sissifriss

18 jaynine

19 julie_mn

20 sassybutterfly_2008

21 velsgarden

22 ptp813

23 dancinginthegarden

24 ollierose

25 patty_b

26 patrob

27 just1morehosta

28 threeshyacres

29 playintheyard

30 ggwrn

31 angelady

32 ishareflowers

33 patrushka

34 smokymist

35 sunset_in

36 dorisl

37 kamiljablo

38 maricybele

39 anadarko_rose

40 ourhappyhome

41 kalena67

42 dirtdiggin

43 riley17

44 chellflower

45 ibartoo

46 sandysgardens

47 vikingkirken

48 esiuol

49 stevenwayne

50 flwrs4ever

51 kilngod

52 pufftrinket

53 nikkineel

54 alwaysagarden

55 stage_rat

56 intelkid

57 markcase1964

o

Hey A,
I just clicked all the links they are ALL working correctly.
It must just be some peoples computers, maybe on dial-up having trouble just opening the ones that have stuff other then just the plain GW trade page. (LIKE MINE< SORRY)

ANYWAY, all are going straight to the pages, no worries!
Thanks, that makes it SOOO much easier...hehe

:) Fran

o

Fran! Thanks so much for checking all of those out for us! You are too sweet! :)

I also forgot to mention,well I did forget, but now I am remembering....dirtdiggin has an excel sheet she is offering to share,so generously,so if you prefer the excel version of the list you can contact her! :)

It seems everything is going smoothly! If anyone still has a question please post it,no question is stupid! It is best if everything is clear to you,it will make things easier on Patty and you will enjoy yourself more if you are sure about what you are doing! I had a million questions last year and everyone was so great about guiding me through my first swap ever, so please just ask and remember to keep checking this thread for list update announcements and new players! :)

o

Hey all,

I have a general question for you all... I am fairly new to round robins and so I am wondering, is it "bad form" to send a message to a participant when you see something unusual they have that you are looking for? It's hard not to notice when I am looking at "want" lists and that unusual variety I've been searching for is jumping off the page from their "have" list! I wouldn't think of making a habit of it, but I wonder what everyone thinks of doing it for a special case? Or would it be impolite, and we should rather hope they see it on our list, if they are willing to share?

Lori

o

LOL Lori!!!
I was wondering the same thing!

o

• Posted by dorisl 5 NW Chicago burbs (My Page) on
    Mon, Dec 15, 08 at 16:21

thanky for the linky angie, makes things a little easier...

:)
D

o

i wouldn't mind being contacted directly. feel free! i'd rather send something somebody really, really wants.
janine

o

Hello Patty. I did this swap last year and it was great, please sign me up. I am going to update my list ASAP. Thanks again. jenny

o

I was also wondering the same thing. Thanks, Lori, for asking this question and the one for both of us as well.

Angie, thanks so much for putting that awesome list up! It does make it much easier!

This is going to be a blast! I'm sorry that my "haves" aren't full of everything I have smaller trades of or things I've just received so that I can share them with people who ask for them. I will go over people's "wants" thoroughly, though! If y'all see something on my current "haves" that you want (even though it's not full of everything I have), just ask, and I'll send them in for you!

Blessings,
Angela

o

you can e mail me direct if i have any thing you wish to have,enjoy!
Carol

o

Oh I did not see this link and boy am I glad you put that great link up to get to the pages, well I am off to check the lists and for the record my list is complete. Thanks to all and merry christmas.

o
RE: UPDATE: 4th annual left on my want list swap

Hi guys,
It must have been my computer,i can click on them all now,yeaaaaaaaaaaa,makes it so much easier,thank you.
Carol

I am having so much fun, and i love all the funny stories.

o

I hope I am not speaking for others, but usually when I have done a wish list swap...people have emailed me, asking for seeds I have on my have list...and then I have marked them and sent them in...

Sooo, if anyone sees something on mine...and you want them PLEASE feel free to send me an email..just PLEASE put that you are from this swap.

When I ask someone for the seeds, I usually offer something from my list...or ask them to look and see if I can send something to them.

Id LOVE to find a home for my seeds...

kym

o

HI all--

I think maybe I had better drop out of this swap. After reading everyone's lists, I don't think I have anything the more experienced traders want. I will hope to be able to join next year! :-)

o

Pufftrinket,

Don't leave. I am a novice trader as well. Hey, we may be able to help each other out here. Someone, somewhere may want something you have. I felt the same way on another swap and low and behold, two others asked for some of my chives seeds!

o

My list should be updated by tomorrow night! I've been emailing a few people with some requests as per some of the conversations above.. hope I'm not stepping on any toes here! :)

I'm having the best time browsing lists and googling plants..lol Altho I admit my foot has fallen asleep.. amongst other things! lol

~Wendy

o

pufftrinket,
i agree, you should stay. i have an ulterior motive, though--i'd like some of your boltonia in this swap!! (i saw another member who has it on their list also) like markcase said, your seeds may be in more demand than you think!
p.s. i have a named rudbeckia submentosa on my list, but would be happy to get your sweet black-eyed susan.

o

Puffrinket,

I sent you an e mail. :0)

Carol

o

Pufftrinket,
I am a novice as well. Please stay I would love to have some of your hibiscus mix and evening primrose. please, please

o

Wow.... thanks everyone. OK. I will be thrilled to stay in, then, now that I know some of you might want my Goldenrod, Boltonia, and other seeds.

So, as soon as I get it all organized, I just send the bubble envelope with the seed packs organized in groups for who they go to, and the generous swap host sorts them all out? I also include postage, right? To cover the seeds that may be send to me. How much postage should I send?

o

From my understanding,what ever it costs you to mail the package,is what you will send in postage,so, i would have the post office weigh it before you seal it,is this right garden buddies?

Besure to check all out listes,we may have something you wish for.
Carol

o

Yes Puffy stay I would like:
Boltonia--Boltonia asteroides
Dame's Rocket
Evening Primrose (Oenethora)
Goldenrod--tall (Solidago canadensis)
Musk Mallow
Don't ever discount you having something someone wants. Just because we may not have it listed doesn't mean we wouldn't be interested in it!
Threating to drop out made us look hard...lol.

o

Puffy, I'd like Boltonia, too! It's been on my list for awhile! And I have something from your wants list. I'm glad you're staying.

Regarding postage, I think, from last year, that Patty will get Delivery Confirmation if you send her the postage for it--it may be $.70? That's above the cost of mailing the package, unless you are doing Delivery Confirmation on the way out, too. And the PO accepts that in stamps, or at least mine does. Patty, if you do not plan to do that, please let us know!

o

Please remove me from the exchange this year. I just got confirmation my charity will get a seed donation from a seed company. In addition,I just found out,I have a major schedule conflict. I apologize everyone, Thanks so much, I will do another swap when I have more time.

Your Garden Friend,
Maricybele...

o

Puffy,

I would be thrilled to get boltonia asteroids in this swap!

Lisa

o

Hi all we have one new person join since Angie posted the list
58-cottageflowers -jenny
but we also had someone drop out
38-maricybelle
so we are still at 57 I am not going to change the numbers .
Angie thank you for the links you are the best co-host any one can ask for it was great talking to you and looking forward to meeting you next month thanks for all the help
Lori the two of you just put them in mark each others name on and write personal trade for Angela or Lori I will make sure I throw it in with your swap seeds.
I wish I could find time to check lists I bake up to 20 types of cookies and when I come home from work thats what I have been doing I only have 7 done so far.Gotta get ready for work.
Patty

o

hello
I posted this before but I will go ahead and post it again
I will be happy to take requests from my haves list.
also I will not make requests unless you post it is ok.
I will mark them for whom ever wants them.
I'm having fun going through lists and will be diving into my special stash for a few.
I have not gotten my seeds catalogs yet, I wish they would hurry up so I could add a few new things to my list.

happy digging everyone
michelle

o

Puffy! :) So glad you're staying in :) I, too would love some of your Boltonia if you have any left..lol I'm working on my lists right now.. hoping to have everything updated by this evening!

Hugs,
Wendy

o

Greetings! :)

I am so glad you guys gave your opinions on requesting seeds from someones list.I know last year a couple people offered. What I will do is look at have lists and if I see something I really want from it,I will put it on my want list. If I don't receive it through the swap,that is ok for me,I will just note their name and see if they want to trade for it later on!;) I want all of mine to be a surprise,I don't want to know what is coming. My haves aren't listed right now and I know I wont have it done by the 20th that is for sure,but I am confident I will be able to send in for just about everyone!:)

pufftrinket,I am so glad you decided to stay with us! I remember last year I felt like you did. I had only been trading for a couple months and really didn't think I was going to be able to send in much,But as people updated their lists I found more and more everyday I was able to send in! I bet you will be surprised at your final count! ;)

I am so happy you guys are finding the links to be helpful(and that they work...lol),it is my goal to help make this swap go smoothly for everyone!:)

Patty You are soooo welcome!:D It was wonderful talking to you also and I cannot wait to meet you in person! I am so happy I am able to help you this year,I know this is alot of work for you. I appreciate that you took the time to fit this in for us,so helping you is the least I can do! :)

Ok,if I am wrong please Patty correct me...but last year we took our envies to the PO unsealed,have them weigh them and put the amount it costs (in postage form) to send in the envy, along with enough for a DC#,I don't know if the DC# is mandatory or a personal option,I think it is a good idea to get one. That is if Patty is doing it this way again. Also,Patty did not ask this of us,but last year we all sent in an extra stamp or two,just in case some of them were more postage after the seeds were packed into them. For example,If I send in 200 packs of tiny light weight seeds and alot of the seeds from my wants are larger ,they will weigh more and can possibly make the postage go up. And than Patty takes that out of pocket and pays the difference. She is already doing alot for us by organizing this and I am sure you all agree she shouldn't have to dip into her funds for this,and if it so happens she ends up with a few extra stamps,I think she deserves them! So if we all just send in one extra stamp,that should save her from having to add any postage on her dime.Again,she does not ask this of us,it was just a great idea someone had last year, that I hope carries over to this year!:)

Ok,since this post of mine is soooo long,I am going to post the updated list in a post after this! I hope everyone is having a wonderful day! :)

o
List of players update!:)

Ok here it is! :) Patty I am so glad you decided not to change the numbers! This list will show we have 58,maricybelle is still on the list,but I made her name "unclickable" so there is no confusion. So technically we have 57 players. :)

1 pattygrow5

2 lisam627_ohio_z6

3 rbrady

4 sguanzon

5 morguegirl

6 ilovefarac

7 ncgardengirl

8 poisondartfrog

9 austinnhanasmom

10 sybilkrizinski

11 micyrey

12 yotetrapper

13 agirlsgirl

14 roses_more_roses

15 jworth

16 duodecad

17 sissifriss

18 jaynine

19 julie_mn

20 sassybutterfly_2008

21 velsgarden

22 ptp813

23 dancinginthegarden

24 ollierose

25 patty_b

26 patrob

27 just1morehosta

28 threeshyacres

29 playintheyard

30 ggwrn

31 angelady

32 ishareflowers

33 patrushka

34 smokymist

35 sunset_in

36 dorisl

37 kamiljablo

38 maricybele-No longer playing

39 anadarko_rose

40 ourhappyhome

41 kalena67

42 dirtdiggin

43 riley17

44 chellflower

45 ibartoo

46 sandysgardens

47 vikingkirken

48 esiuol

49 stevenwayne

50 flwrs4ever

51 kilngod

52 pufftrinket

53 nikkineel

54 alwaysagarden

55 stage_rat

56 intelkid

57 markcase1964

58 cottageflowers

o

Hi everyone,
Shamefully I havn't had time to check in here since I signed up but I have been working on a want list.
Patty, would you change my name on your list to Smokymist ( no E ) and my name is Cheryl :o)
I have a few questions...
I had somebody contact me from the group this morning with requests from my have list. It totally confused me because I havn't been reading along and had no idea what was up. I don't really mind that, BUT, please make it clear in your email what you're doing and don't just say " I want this , this and this from your list ". Some people might be like me and not be coming here daily to keep up with what's new. I had thought people were just going to post a 'want' list and let the senders look on that list, but now if we also have to update a 'have' list, that's a whole other story. That means I need to update my 'have' list which I havn't done, and boy you talk about taking some time ! So that would mean both of my lists are not ready yet. I thought with the dates, there wasn't a big rush , and I have been so busy with the holidays and my business I havn't had the time to change my lists.
So if anyone looks at either of my lists...one is blank, and the other needs updating. Sorry, but I just havn't had time yet to work on things. I was hoping to do the majority of that after Christmas.

o

Hi...I received a couple of requests for items on my trade list and I am most happy to reserve these seeds for those members! Please - anyone can feel free to email me if you see something you would like to have...and I will do my best to accomodate.

It would be a good thing to add what you've requested to your "want list" so Patty doesn't think I'm cheating! : )

Thanks! - Lisa

o
I don't mind

I don't mind either Lisa, but I hadn't been coming here to read everyday and when somebody emailed me I didn't even know they were in the swap. To me it was a stranger emailing saying I want this and this and this from your list...
Now I've come here and read everything and gotten caught up LOL

o

I will not have time to update my have list either, and I don't recall that being a prerequisite last year. My list would change so fast at this time of year that I could never keep up and I would prefer not to post one and disappoint someone by not updating fast enough.
Be assured that I am looking carefully at everyone's lists.
I plan to email a couple of folks though because I have something similar to what they have on their lists to see if they want to add the one I have to their list so that I can send it to them. Does anyone see a problem with me doing that?
Alana

o

Ok, I'm in. I've been trying to get my seeds organized for this swap. I still have seeds to separate from harvesting and I haven't even begun to prep my winter sowing jugs! I'm getting nothing done in the house because all my free time is spent on SEEDS!

See if I have this straight. We look through everyone's want list on their page. If they have something say "delphinium Blue Mirror' it is okay to send another blue delphinium unless they have "These only" or something similar posted on their list? I know that different companies have different names for almost the same plant. I have marked my list with the "These Only" and would gladly take a very similar variety of the same type for those I don't have marked. So do we google what they have listed and google what we have to compare their likeness?

Would it be okay to send extras for those people who may not have a lot to send in but are looking for the extras we send?

Whoever had the excel spreadsheet can you send it to me when the sign up date is over? I'm hoping that will make it easier for me. Right now I'm so confused I don't know whether I'm coming or going!

o

Gosh... I feel bad now. I didn't mean to add a new burden to the generous people participating in this swap by suggesting they had to keep their "have" lists updated! I hope I speak for everyone when I say DON'T worry too much about updating your "have" list, whatever you choose to send anyone will surely be wonderful! And if we do send you an email, please don't feel bad if you have to say "sorry, my list isn't updated, I don't have that anymore", we certainly couldn't be offended... responding to individual requests is above-and-beyond in itself! (Am I right, all?) =)

I only meant to ask about something that was already on someone's "have" list that I might REALLY REALLY be wanting that is hard to find... (ok, as an example, a trader on a previous swap had Striped Hull Greasy Cut-Short Beans to offer, and I am REALLY looking for those type of beans, and they are REALLY hard to find, so I would love to email the person in a situation like that!) Sort of the exception rather than the rule...

On the other hand... I have no problem with people contacting me. My "have" list is basically up-to-date, I will just need to confirm that what you want is still available.

Sorry if this is wordy... =)

Lori

o

Hey everyone!:) I know alot of people do not mind you contacting them privately about something on their list. But a word of caution, some people may not appreciate this,so it would probably be best if you stick to those that posted that they welcome the email. No one has complained or said a word about this as far as I know. But seeing how it confused Cheryl,I know there has to be others that have no clue what is going on with this,Cheryl was right when she said if you are going to contact someone that you should let them know who you are and what you are doing.

This swap is about what is on your want list,contacting people privately is a personal choice and not part of this swap. If too much of this happens, than I personally think, it will ruin the spirit of the swap and possibly make Patty's job more complicated. Instead of this being a swap where you are surprised by the wants you receive, it will just turn into one big trade.Remember this swap is about what is on your want list,so if you see it on someones haves and you put it on your wants,more than likely you will receive it. If not you know who beholds that seed you want and you can possibly try to work out a trade for it later on.;) So please stick to those that offered their lists up,let's keep it fair to everyone,so we all enjoy this equally. We don't want anyone having less of a good time because they are bombarded with unwanted emails,do we?;) I am speaking from my point of view on this,Patty may have a totally different feeling on the subject.

Ok off the soapbox!:)I am getting more and more excited as the sign up deadline approaches,I am dying to dive into your lists and start packing up little bundles of joy for all of you! I hope everyone is having alot of fun getting their lists together and browsing other lists!

Ok it took me 45 minutes to get to the point I can actually post this,my stupid security is driving me CRAZY!!!!

Becky,yes, you can send in a Blue Delph if you believe it is closest to what the are looking for and they do not have it marked as "this one only". You can look it up or use your experienced judgement.Alot of this topic was covered in the first thread.:)

Alana,I wouldn't mind your email! :)

o

Hey ya'll!

I have been hearing about this swap from Anige for darn near a year now and the reason I'm excited about it is the "surprise" envy I get in the end. I don't really want to know everything I'm getting ahead of time, so I just started looking at the "have" lists that are actually out there and added anything I was interested in to my "want" list. I like the element of surprise, so I say keep it simple for everyone and really utilize the "want" lists (outside of those that are open to being contacted privately or course).

I'm super excited about this swap! Woohoo!

Diana

o

I don't mind people requesting seeds from my Haves list, either. BUT: no guarantees! I may not be able to find it when the time comes!! I'll try, though. :) I'll mostly just hope that the holders of the seeds I want will notice them on my list, but in the past I have emailed and begged for some things I was desperate for! (I was almost at the point of...BUYING them!!)

We solved Puffy's first problem pretty fast, now she has the problem of deciding who gets the Boltonia seeds! If any other members are overwhelmed at trying to find people who might want their seeds, maybe it's a good idea for them to say "Look at my list, I think I don't have a lot of matches!" What do you-all think?

o

Pufftrinket, I'm glad you decided to stay. You have two things that I would love to receive.

MIX-- 12 varieties hardy wildflowers and Dame's Rocket

Pat

o

Tue, Dec 16, 08 at 20:41

I dont mind a request, but my have list isnt complete and whats there isnt terribly exciting.

I would suggest using the "search members list" function to search the seeds you have and see what names pop up. Saves a little time from going thru all those lists.

And I will add that I have a bit of Chrysanthemum Carniturm, open pollinated from a couple different flowers, so its all mixed up. but anybody who has it listed has specific names by it. so oh well, more for me, right? hee!

Anywho, Ive got everything packed up and put away for the holiday, so Im outta the trading business until after newyears anyway.
\ Gotta make the house look purty for company.

Happy Holidays!

o

Why does this keep happening to me? I go to update my list and what I had saved the day before or earlier that day isn't there any more! I'm getting so frustrated as this takes a bit of time, and now I lost that last list totally of a bunch of wants that I had. I am backing up my list to my computer every so often, but didn't save it last night, so even that part didn't work because it was one time that I didn't save it.

Does anyone know what is going on wrong that is causing this? I sometimes update several times even in a day, but try to be sure I double-check that the last items were saved before redoing the list again...

Oh... and, this time it really made me mad as it was a lot of work that I overlooked saving...
Grrrrr!!!!!

Blessings,
Angela

o

Hi all here is a new list we have 58 now

1-pattygrow5-patty
2-lisam627-lisa
3-rbrady-rhonda
4-sguanzon-sue
5-morguegirl-amy
6-ilovefarac-melinda
7-ncgardengirl-fran
8-poisondartfrog-alana
9-austinhanasmom-deb
10-sybilkrizinski-sybil
11-mickeyrey-michelle
12-yotetrapper-
13-agirlsgirl-angie
14-rosesmoreroses-diana
15-jworth-j
16-duodecad-alyse
17sissifriss-myriah
18-jaynine-janine
19-juliemn-julie
20-sassybutterfly2008-wendy
21-velsgarden-velvet
22-ptp813-pam
23-dancinginthegarden-nancy
24-ollierose-diana
25-pattyb-patty
26-patrob-patricia
27-just1morehosta-carol
28-threeshyacres-jodi
29-playintheyard
30-ggwrn-ginger
31-angelady-angela
32-ishareflowers-lisa
33-patrushka-pat
34-smokymist-cheryl
35-sunsetin-karen
36-dorisl-doris
37-kamiljablo-kamil
38-maricybele-marcy -DROPPED OUT
39-anadarkorose-
40-ourhappyhome-
41-kalena67-karen
42-dirtdiggin-
43-riley17-
44-chellflower-
45-ibartoo-Linda
46-sandygardens-
47-vikingkirken-lori
48-esiuol-louise
49-stevenwayne
50-flwrs4ever
51-kilngod-tina
52-pufftrinket
53-nikkineel-nikki
54-alwaysagarden-cindy
55-stagerat
56-intelkid
57- markcase1964
58-cottageflowers
59-proudgm03
Angie you don't have to do the clickable list each time someone joins just the new person I know it takes a long time to put all those codes in
also Angie is right some people may get upset if they get lots of e-mails for requests either add it to your list or post on the update here asking I know I had to take some things off of my have list and some people might have only 1 trade of something and 10 people may want it this swap is to empty your want list so maybe adding it to your list is the best option .
Thanks and I look forward to checking your lists
Patty

o

PROUDGM,

I was jiust checking your wants list and saw that you had celosia,pink candles. I would love to see some in my return packet from Patty, Mom loves pink flowers!

Lisa

o

angelady,
that has happened to me, too. for some reason, if you submit changes and then go right back in to edit, your changes aren't there. when i make a lengthy change to my page, i click submit and leave gardenweb completely. when you go back in, your changes stay there. i don't know why.

o

Wow! This swap is going great! Can't believe there are already over 50 folks signed up!

I didn't think I had many seeds left that folks would want, but thanks to this swap I finally reorganized my personal stash (actually found seeds I forgot I had!) and so far I have seeds set aside for about half of the people listed. I've noticed there's still a few with no 'wants' posted yet.....everyone please be sure y'all post/update your list of wants soon so that we can check them and fill those wishes!!!

Patty, if seeds were already set aside for someone who had to drop out, can we still send them with that person's name if we don't find someone else who wants them?!? (I hate for someone to miss out because of unforseen circumstances).

Thanks for hosting this Patty!!!!

Chell

o

Angela! :) If you keep having problems contact Sue chemocurl,she has helped many others with the same problem. This happened to me once with my member page,I could not add a blurb! I could add a slide show of pictures,but no blurb...lol...I did this REALLY long one and when I hit submit...NOTHING!!!! So that is why it is empty to this day...I can be rather stubborn!...lol...How is our Hannah doing? Wonderful I hope!:)

Patty,it really is no problem updating with the clickables,I have it all on a notepad,codes and all,so when someone new joins all I have to do is add them.:) So did you bake a million cookies yet?...lol...

Janine! Thanks so much for the tip,I know it was for Angela,but I am going to try that when I get the nerve up to try my blurb again!:)

Chell,this swap is great motivation to get that seed box organized isn't it? :) I started mine before Patty posted the thread...lol...I was rather anxious! No worries on the want lists we will all have them done by the 20th.The blank ones are more than likely being worked on. Mine is still in the works also,so be sure to check everyone again after the 20th,than you have a whole month to get them out,so you will have plenty of time,no worries! :)

Last night I went on a want list expedition at the T&M site! I had fun pretending I was filling up my cart...lol...it reminded me of when I was a kid and the toy catalog would come before Christmas! :D

I hope everyone is having a great day today!:D

o

Thank you, Janine and Angie. It does appear that you were right, Janine. In the future, I will back-up my info, leave GW completely, and then come back and verify my changes are taken BEFORE editting again.

BTW, for those that don't know, just because your page looks editted when you refer to your exchange page, it does not mean that if you go to edit screen that you don't need to double-check that your changes were taken there as well. That is where I messed up!

Angie - Thanks so much for asking about Hannah. Yes, wonderful is right! :-D

Blessings,
Angela

o

Yes I would like to be part of this trade. Will be posting my list soon.
gmom2-6boys

o

I'd love to join too! It was one of my favorite swaps last year. I'll update my list soon, and I don't mind if anyone wants to contact me with requests! Thanks,

--Jean

o

Welcome to our new players! :) That makes 59 of us!!

gmom2-6boys, you may want to make your email available only to members, so that Patty can contact you with the details. You can make this adjustment using the "member pages" link found at the bottom of the page in the green band.Click on "Edit Your Personal Information, Page, and Preferences",you will find where you edit your email preference at the bottom of the page,check the box that says "make my email visible to members only",than your all set!:)

Ok here is the updated list:
1 pattygrow5

2 lisam627_ohio_z6

3 rbrady

4 sguanzon

5 morguegirl

6 ilovefarac

7 ncgardengirl

8 poisondartfrog

9 austinnhanasmom

10 sybilkrizinski

11 micyrey

12 yotetrapper

13 agirlsgirl

14 roses_more_roses

15 jworth

16 duodecad

17 sissifriss

18 jaynine

19 julie_mn

20 sassybutterfly_2008

21 velsgarden

22 ptp813

23 dancinginthegarden

24 ollierose

25 patty_b

26 patrob

27 just1morehosta

28 threeshyacres

29 playintheyard

30 ggwrn

31 angelady

32 ishareflowers

33 patrushka

34 smokymist

35 sunset_in

36 dorisl

37 kamiljablo

39 anadarko_rose

40 ourhappyhome

41 kalena67

42 dirtdiggin

43 riley17

44 chellflower

45 ibartoo

46 sandysgardens

47 vikingkirken

48 esiuol

49 stevenwayne

50 flwrs4ever

51 kilngod

52 pufftrinket

53 nikkineel

54 alwaysagarden

55 stage_rat

56 intelkid

57 markcase1964

58 cottageflowers

59 gmom2-6boys

60 wishdesign

o

Hello all,
I have received a couple emails for seed requests and I'm okay with it. My wants aren't totally up to date and I have many more that I don't have listed, but I will be fine to let you know 'yes' or 'no'. :-)

I also emailed two people who listed a particular want that was close to what I had and I wanted to see if they wanted mine and they did...and I was told to check to see if they had something I wanted and they did. LOL Yeah!! So they are happy and I'm happy too! LOL

Chell...I'm not Patty but I'm thinking if someone drops out then they won't be sending in an envelope with return postage so the seeds wouldn't have a way to return to that person. You could probably send them an email to tell them you have them for them if they want to trade or do an SASE or if you are feeling generous maybe they will give you their address and you can bless them.

I've made a goal to get 5 seed packets ready each day after working my way through the want lists. I'm really excited about the surprises I will receive in the future. It will be like Christmas after Christmas:-)

o

I didn't see my name on the last list. It was on one before but not the last one. Did you forget me Angie?

o

Hi all,between working and baking have had no time I am at work 9 hours come home at six thirty eat then start baking have lots more baking to do yet Angie I only have 8 kinds done have 12 more to do why do I do this to myself every year Christmas is an obsession to me just like seed trading.LOL

We have 60 now
wishdesign and mom2-6boys

proudgm03 was on list day before Angie probally just overlooked with all these people its easy to do

mom2-6boys please e-mail me directly there isn't even a link to send it thru gardenweb weird
Anyone who didn't get an e-mail when you first joined e-mail me directly and I will send you one.
Thanks all have to do dishes and get ready for work
Patty

o

Well I just finished looking through all the swap lists and listing what I can send for the first time lol. I am DONE looking at lists until after christmas. well, maybe lol.
I am going to start digging out seeds and sticking them in named envelopes.

I debated emailing a couple of people about things they have but decided against it, so here I would like to make note of my most wanted things, all of which I have seen on peoples trade lists.

Dianthus, any colors but plain old pink, esp. siberian blues and black and white minstrels.

tomato - most wanted, Black Krim

Carrots, any other than orange, and a good orange raw eater.

Thanks guys! :)

Angela

o

Hey Pam, you seem to have it all planned out!:) That is a good idea to set a goal like that,I may just have to borrow that idea! :)

Oh Becky! I am sooooo sorry! I don't know how I missed you! I have made the correction on the draft and will post the correct list after this post,I am sorry if I messed any one up! Becky thanks so much for pointing that out to me,I would feel terrible if you were forgotten! :)

Patty,bless you! I would run away as fast as I can at the thought of that much baking...lol..

vikingkirken! I totally forgot to address your post, although, I meant to over and over again! You don't have anything to feel badly about,you just enjoy yourself and don't worry! :)

I have done alot of work on my want list so far,but I am running out of seed sites to browse...lol...ollierose shared an awesome one with me that I haven't got all the way through yet,they have some really cool stuff. I included the link. Anyone have any others they would like to suggest?:)

Ok,I must say I am very impressed with the group we have so far,I cant imagine it could get any better,but we do have 2 more days for new sign ups!:D

Here is a link that might be useful: Secret Seeds

o
Correct list

Updated and Correct List of Players!

The last few player numbers have changed since I added Becky were she should be,so please refer to this list and not the one before. When the deadline closes,I will post another one even if it stays the same. I am thinking of posting it in it's on thread so that it will be easy to get to. What do you all think of that idea?

1 pattygrow5

2 lisam627_ohio_z6

3 rbrady

4 sguanzon

5 morguegirl

6 ilovefarac

7 ncgardengirl

8 poisondartfrog

9 austinnhanasmom

10 sybilkrizinski

11 micyrey

12 yotetrapper

13 agirlsgirl

14 roses_more_roses

15 jworth

16 duodecad

17 sissifriss

18 jaynine

19 julie_mn

20 sassybutterfly_2008

21 velsgarden

22 ptp813

23 dancinginthegarden

24 ollierose

25 patty_b

26 patrob

27 just1morehosta

28 threeshyacres

29 playintheyard

30 ggwrn

31 angelady

32 ishareflowers

33 patrushka

34 smokymist

35 sunset_in

36 dorisl

37 kamiljablo

39 anadarko_rose

40 ourhappyhome

41 kalena67

42 dirtdiggin

43 riley17

44 chellflower

45 ibartoo

46 sandysgardens

47 vikingkirken

48 esiuol

49 stevenwayne

50 flwrs4ever

51 kilngod

52 pufftrinket

53 nikkineel

54 alwaysagarden

55 stage_rat

56 intelkid

57 markcase1964

58 cottageflowers

59 proudgm_03

60 gmom2-6boys

61 wishdesign

o

Angela / yotetrapper,
I've already got you covered on that Black Krim Tomato....

o

Wow another seed site to puruse. How about this one.

http://www.b-and-t-world-seeds.com/aleCat.asp?title=Herbaceous Border Plants&list=43

o
RE: UPDATE: Another site

Oh how about this one. I may never get through updating my want list!

http://www.joycreek.com/a.htm

o

Thanks Becky! That one should keep me busy tonight! :)

o
RE: UPDATE1: 4th annual whats left on my want list swap

And another good one!:)

o

OH BECKY, you're so bad, your such an enabler!!! I jumped right on that Joy Creek site and just out of the A's I have already seen about 10 things I would love to have....OH NO!
My WANT'S are already as long as my ARM!! How could you...lol.
Good grief, I am always apparently gonna want something!
Thanks for sharing!!!

o

I think that's a great idea Fran! To do it's own beginning thread so it's right up at the top :)

Oh man.. NEW seedsites! lol I was nearly ready to finally update my want list but.. now I gotta go thru these real quick first! LOL I need about 60 acres at this point.. lol

Hugs,
Wendy

o

Wendy dear agirlsgirl is ANGIE....lol. Not Fran, that would be ME....hehe. I understand....It is ok, it is the stress of trying to figure out HOW to get all those seeds listed....LOL.

o

Thu, Dec 18, 08 at 18:55

hee! If this swap is about "EMPTYING" your wish list, why are we all FILLING THEM UP with new seeds? rofl! It struck me as funny as I was flipping thru bluestone perrennials!

D

o

hI pATTY,
I sent you an e mail a few days ago,you must be so busy,you did not notice it, :0)

Could you please list your address so we can start sending our seeds to you,or, is it still to early to send?

Thank you,
Carol

o

just visiting to say Hi and that I am excited!

o

Hi everyone, I am new to gardening and new to this site.
This sounds fun and something that I would be interested in participating in.

Just to confirm: I verify that my have and want this is updated ( which I will need to do.. I just learned how to access them recently :)

each person participating will review everyone elses "wants" list and email them and get their address and send out what we have that they want. Do I have that right?

Can I join?

Thanks for all the help.

o

Well, I enjoy enabling. No one wants to be an addict alone!

o

LOL...Becky is one of the top enablers at GW after all,it would be out of nature for her to do any less! Thanks for supporting the addiction Becky!;)

Carol :),Patty did send her address with the email with the details for the swap,it seems a few people didn't get the email,I will email you a copy!:)

Puffy girl,so nice to see you! A warm hello right back 'atcha!:)

Hi Connie! Welcome!:) You update your want list,the have list is not necessary, unless you want to :). You look at everyone elses want lists,find those you have to send,pack them up,mark them with the user id or number of the person they are for,you can mark your own user id as well, and put them all in one bubble envy. You send all the seeds to Patty,she separates them and distributes them to us. You should get an email from her soon with the details,let us know if you don't receive it. If you have any more questions feel free to ask,all questions are welcomed! Glad you joined us!:)

Connie makes 61 players! I will post the updated list after this one!:)

o
Player List Update

o

Just checking in.

Thanks Kilngod I also got a couple items on your list set aside!

This swap is so exciting!

o

Sorry, I do have 1 other stupid question. So what happens if a bunch of people all send seeds for the same person?

for example.. everyone out there sends in seeds for me
(happy seed day to me.. :) but no one includes items for let's pick cottageflowers. What would be the experience for cottageflowers and what would happen to all the "extra" seeds that people thought they were giving to me?

Sorry for all the questions. This seems like an excellent idea snd I am excited to particiapte. I found a bunch of people that I can help fill a seed need for.. but I like to ask questions and understand :) accept my apologies for my silly questions.

Happy Holidays All.

PS I didn't receive an email with the instructions on where to send my seeds to :)

o

Hi, Connie, maybe I can answer your question:

It's Magic! :)

Ok, actually, it's Patty working really hard. We can send in something marked for you, like...white zinnias...but it might go to someone else who also listed it. This might happen if you sent in 100 packets, but there were 130 packets sent in for you, or if more than 1 person sent that same thing for you. I think Patty might also check to see that everyone gets good stuff from their list, and she evens things out. I think swap hosts use their own large stashes to do that, too. Patty, have I thanked you lately for doing the swap?? Thank you!

o

I too wondered about that with the common items. In the secret santa swap I asked for "hollyhocks" and recieved about 70 packs of them!! Now, I know there aint seventy packs of unnamed hollyhocks on all the wish lists here, so I too wondered what would happen with all the extra seeds if doubles aren't sent. Are bonus seeds going to be send above and beyond what someone sent in, to get rid of "extras?"

Oh btw anyone need any hollyhocks that aren't specific in what names/colors they would like?

o

smiling:)

o

Connie in no way are your questions stupid or silly! ;)
The chances of someone not getting seeds sent in for them are slim to none.In the case that it does happen,I am not sure how Patty would handle that.Patty correct me if I am wrong,but if there are multiple packs of the same seed sent in for one person,Patty distributes those to have the same/similar seed on their list,or if it falls into a general want on their list.So you may get a pack marked for someone else and someone else could get a pack with your name on it.It all works out really,Patty really knows her stuff! Like stage rat said...It's magic! :)

Oh Angela, it is sooo tempting,but I promised myself no more Hollyhock until these thousands I started bloom and I know what I have! I bet you, their are others that would love to have them!:)

I hope everyone is having a happy Friday! :)

o

Hi, I just wanted to let people know they can send me an email if i have something they want. : ) happy holidays!!
Holly

o

Thanks for the answers.. BOY patty is sure going to have a job on her hands. I bet she wishes there was some magic available. THANKS for doing all of this. If u need any help at all, please let me know. send me a list of seeds that need to find a match or something and I will be more than willing to do some research. I would actually enjoy it. I am learning alot while I am reviewing eveyone's list... but my house is a mess since I haven't seemed to find a way to get away from the computer :)

o

Where is Patty today anyhow? Must be making dozens of cookies lol. I took a smoke break in between fudge, and am about to start some cut outs, yes, just starting at 10pm lol.

o

So does everyone have until the 27th to update their lists? I would like to get started setting seeds aside but don't want to miss something on someone's list or send something that has been taken off.

o

I thought it was tomorrow as the cut off for updates? A lot of lists still not updated. :(

o

Alright, I've fought the compulsion as long as I can. I see at least a few wants that I can fulfill, so I'm in! This will be like an extra birthday present to myself!

Kathy

o

I do hope that the updating of the list has been extended, I haven't had a chance to finish mine.

I'm working all day and have to shop all night, I'm so far behind this year that it isn't even funny.

I'll try and update tomorrow on my day off.

Lisa

o

Hi all just checking in I fell asleep yesterday evening and no one could wake me up today is the last day to sign up I will post after midnight tonight with the final list
Connie the magic little seed elves fill the envies with all the right seeds then I send them back to all of you and drop them into your wintersow jugs LOL.
You are welcome stagerat
Thank you again Angie
Patty

o

So, if today is the last day to sign up when is the last day to update? It will be much easier to check the lists once.

yotetrapper I have to ask. Does that stand for coyote trapper or something else?

o

I looked back through, and there wasn't a set date for updating lists -- only to get to it, and note at the top of your list when it was updated....or when it will be.

Myself, have already gone through everyone's list once in the last week (resulting in 166 packs of seeds logged to prep), and will go through again in early January (around the 10th) to see what else comes up. I may have to prioritize a bit to stay under the 200 limit. :)

As a consolation for some of the newbies' concerns -- I'm averaging about 3 packs for each person. A few I have nothing for yet (and those folks likely have lots for each other, having a different garden style than mine) -- a few I have 7 for already (I can usually tell by the top of the list who I'm going to have a lot for). It's pretty amazing really. And If I get 1/3 the number of what I send in Wanted Seeds, I'd be quite happy; 1/2, I'd be thrilled; more than 3/4, I'm bustin' at the seems (which is how it went last year).

o

Hi, I would like to join too. I should have my want list posted this evening. I will be out all day today and thought I should speak up before the deadline.

Nancy

o

Good afternoon! I hope everyone is well today!:)

We have until midnight today to update our lists and sign up! I am sure not everyone will be completely updated by midnight,I am not checking anyones want list for a few more days to leave some time. Mine will probably be posted by midnight,but more than likely not in the order I want to post them in,I had a few unexpected things pop up on me and haven't had the chance to work on it!:P

Yay Kathy! So glad you decided to join!:)

Patty,it is my pleasure! It sounds to me like you needed that rest,Hoping you feel refreshed today!:) So you are going to send an elf to sow the seeds for us too? Woo Hoo! ...lol..

Tina,you are such a pro at these things! I am hoping it goes as smoothly for the rest of us!;)

Ok the new update will be posted after this,I asked before what you guys think of me posting the final list of clickables in a thread of it's own. I know one person posted she liked the idea,what about the rest of you?:)

o

<>

Yes, proudgm_03, you got it right.

I'm in the process now of one last list update, then I'll leave it be. LOL.

o

My list will be updated by the stroke and midnight! And most likely not a moment before!

I keep getting sidetracked!! All kinds of Christmas goings ons... But I will have it done... by midnight! lol

Hugs!
Wendy

o

After looking thru swallowtail's seed catalog online, I've made one last update. I am officially done updating, I promise!!!

Ang

o

Angie,
It ain't pro, it's just "obsessively distracted". If it were pro, I'd've known when the update date was! lol!

I simply like lists. I've liked them since I was a kid. This swap is the seed highlight of my year. (Wow, I really am a complete dork.)

o

Yes,Angie, i, for one, would like a final clickable list.
Although i am pretty much done,but i still have a few surprises left.
Carol

o

I'm working sick and all to get my list finished... trying, trying...

I, too, would love to get a final clickable list in a new thread... sorry I didn't reply sooner on that...

Blessings,
Angela

o

Ok Great! I will post the list after midnight,just in case we have a few last minute players!:) I am sorry I didnt post the list including jalessia,Kathy,just yet. After my last post I ran into a problem with my computer!:O

Tina I love lists too!:) It must be hereditary,I got it from my Mom,the list queen! So if you are a dork,than you are not alone!;)

I am hoping I will have my updates done by midnight,not being able to connect to the internet most of the day really got me behind,but it will be posted by morning! :)

Here is the list as it stands right now,as mentioned,the final list will be posted in it's own thread!:)

1 pattygrow5

2 lisam627_ohio_z6

3 rbrady

4 sguanzon

5 morguegirl

6 ilovefarac

7 ncgardengirl

8 poisondartfrog

9 austinnhanasmom

10 sybilkrizinski

11 micyrey

12 yotetrapper

13 agirlsgirl

14 roses_more_roses

15 jworth

16 duodecad

17 sissifriss

18 jaynine

19 julie_mn

20 sassybutterfly_2008

21 velsgarden

22 ptp813

23 dancinginthegarden

24 ollierose

25 patty_b

26 patrob

27 just1morehosta

28 threeshyacres

29 playintheyard

30 ggwrn

31 angelady

32 ishareflowers

33 patrushka

34 smokymist

35 sunset_in

36 dorisl

37 kamiljablo

39 anadarko_rose

40 ourhappyhome

41 kalena67

42 dirtdiggin

43 riley17

44 chellflower

45 ibartoo

46 sandysgardens

47 vikingkirken

48 esiuol

49 stevenwayne

50 flwrs4ever

51 kilngod

52 pufftrinket

53 nikkineel

54 alwaysagarden

55 stage_rat

56 intelkid

57 markcase1964

58 cottageflowers

59 proudgm_03

60 gmom2-6boys

61 wishdesign

62 conniesc

63 jaleeisa

o

Thanks, Angie!

Hey, I also have a tip for those that need a little time-saver like I did!

I included the link below to an online alphabetizer. You just copy and paste everything you want to add to your want list into notepad, line by line. When you're done, move the entire list, copy, then paste it into the online alphabetizer and press the button. The thing has it all beautiful for you in no time flat!

If you want further updates, just take your whole list and add to the bottom of it then run it through the alphabetizer. I seriously am so excited! I am not fast at manually alphabetizing, so this cut down my work quite a bit! LOL

Blessings,
Angela

Here is a link that might be useful: Online Alphabetizer

o

luvgardening2 will make 63 active players. Is that a record for this swap?
Patty will need some Calgon and a bottle of Tylenol. Thanks in advance Patty!
Alana

o

Angela! You are a saint!!!!! HUGE hugs! You saved my rear and I am sure there will be others in your debt also! Thank you so much!:)

Alana,thanks so much for bringing up that I had completely forgotten to add Nancy! Yes,I think some Calgon and Tylenol may be what Patty will need!

Nancy,I am so sorry,I swear I am really trying to keep this straight for us!:)

Ok here is the corrected list,once again I messed it up,so please note these changes:

Nancy,luvgardening2 is #63 and Kathy(jalessia)is #64:

1 pattygrow5

2 lisam627_ohio_z6

3 rbrady

4 sguanzon

5 morguegirl

6 ilovefarac

7 ncgardengirl

8 poisondartfrog

9 austinnhanasmom

10 sybilkrizinski

11 micyrey

12 yotetrapper

13 agirlsgirl

14 roses_more_roses

15 jworth

16 duodecad

17 sissifriss

18 jaynine

19 julie_mn

20 sassybutterfly_2008

21 velsgarden

22 ptp813

23 dancinginthegarden

24 ollierose

25 patty_b

26 patrob

27 just1morehosta

28 threeshyacres

29 playintheyard

30 ggwrn

31 angelady

32 ishareflowers

33 patrushka

34 smokymist

35 sunset_in

36 dorisl

37 kamiljablo

39 anadarko_rose

40 ourhappyhome

41 kalena67

42 dirtdiggin

43 riley17

44 chellflower

45 ibartoo

46 sandysgardens

47 vikingkirken

48 esiuol

49 stevenwayne

50 flwrs4ever

51 kilngod

52 pufftrinket

53 nikkineel

54 alwaysagarden

55 stage_rat

56 intelkid

57 markcase1964

58 cottageflowers

59 proudgm_03

60 gmom2-6boys

61 wishdesign

62 conniesc

63 luvgardening2

64 jaleeisa

o

I see lots have signed up. As in lists, I think mine is updated. Tonight is the deadline I see, but do we get the mailing information to send the seeds? If this has been said before, sorry for missing that info.

Hope everyone has fun!

-David

o

Hey David! I sent you a copy of Patty's email she sent out! :)

o

Hi all well the swap is closed I did get a request from
hmacdona so she will be posting
she will be number65 so we have 64 players I had about 30 last year I will start a new post tomorrow so Angie can put the last list on.
Anyone who did not get the e-mail with my address e-mail me directly so I can send you one some people I had to send it thru gardenweb so not sure if you got it I will post more tomorrow. I just got some more cookies done I have a day off tomorrow after working 47 hours this was my 6th straght day I need a day off to bake some more.
1 pattygrow5

2 lisam627_ohio_z6

3 rbrady

4 sguanzon

5 morguegirl

6 ilovefarac

7 ncgardengirl

8 poisondartfrog

9 austinnhanasmom

10 sybilkrizinski

11 micyrey

12 yotetrapper

13 agirlsgirl

14 roses_more_roses

15 jworth

16 duodecad

17 sissifriss

18 jaynine

19 julie_mn

20 sassybutterfly_2008

21 velsgarden

22 ptp813

23 dancinginthegarden

24 ollierose

25 patty_b

26 patrob

27 just1morehosta

28 threeshyacres

29 playintheyard

30 ggwrn

31 angelady

32 ishareflowers

33 patrushka

34 smokymist

35 sunset_in

36 dorisl

37 kamiljablo

39 anadarko_rose

40 ourhappyhome

41 kalena67

42 dirtdiggin

43 riley17

44 chellflower

45 ibartoo

46 sandysgardens

47 vikingkirken

48 esiuol

49 stevenwayne

50 flwrs4ever

51 kilngod

52 pufftrinket

53 nikkineel

54 alwaysagarden

55 stage_rat

56 intelkid

57 markcase1964

58 cottageflowers

59 proudgm_03

60 gmom2-6boys

61 wishdesign

62 conniesc

63 luvgardening2

64 jaleeisa

65 hmacdona
Patty

o

Ok! I am all updated,a little past the deadline,but I figure you are all sleeping anyway...lol..

Patty,I am sorry,I posted the separate link for the list before it sank in that you posted for me to post it on the new thread!:P

I simply cannot wait to get to your lists! :D

o

I have updated my want list now. I may update it a little, but not much.

Thank you for setting this up. I looked at the first few people on the list, and frankly amd a little concerned. I did not have a single thing on their list they they wanted. I will look through everyone's but the first few scared me a bit.

I know I will find something, someone needs.

o

Check number 31.... Mark, you have some of my wants listed. I also see your favorite forum is figs, which is also a want of mine... :-)... I'm sure there are others...

I, too, updated my list... I think I have the longest want list of everyone!

Blessings,
Angela

o

HAPPY WINTERSOWING!!!! :) I may try to plant a few containers for traditions sake, but I just got my containers ready yest. Anyway, Hope everyone is having a good Sunday, it is not raining and the sun is out for the first time in literally two weeks. I think my seasonal affective disorder is easing up already. I just wanted to say I think that your idea is great Angie about the seperate link it would make things much easier. Also, I do not have alot, but if you did want something that I had please ask me and I will keep it out for you. Mark, I really am happy with most anything. I love to try all different things and have just recently gotten into seeds after several years of propagating. I also love figs, although not on my list. I would not mind having some for sure. I can't wait to see everyones updated lists.

o

Good afternoon everyone!

Instead of updating my trade page last night, I packed up seeds for the swap. So, as usual I'm a day late!

I just finished updating a few minutes ago so my list for the swap page has changed a bit.

I have gone thru ALL the lists to date, please let me know if anything changes on your list and I'll happily check it again!

I'm shocked to see that I have so many of others wants, this is going to be a ball!

Thanks,
Lisa

o

I got myself a large, I mean LARGE cup of tea and tackled the list late last night. Unlike Mark, I started off good but in the middle, I had a very long dry spell. I was beginning to think that I should not have joined. Then near the end, I was able to find quite a few again so I think I am okay. There were some that I had ALOT on their want lists and I made a note to go back when I am more alert.

I will start packaging all of the wants.

Angie, I had signed up and then left for the day. When I returned, I saw that I was skipped over, it did not alarm me. I figured someone would see me waving. :o)

Nancy

o

Woohooo, I am ready to get this thing started too. I DO have a few things I can send in for others. HOW EXCITING....
I will be going over the list again so I HOPE EVERYONE has their list updated now with wants and I can fill some more then what I KNOW of already!!!

Umm, when we get our seeds back from Patty do we actually list what we received? I was just wondering? I like seeing what ppl get especially in a swap like this knowing they REALLY got seeds they wanted and are happy with them....listing is neato!!!!

o

I have my trade list updated for those of you who might find something you didn't know you were looking for! I don't mind you emailing me for requests but please keep in mind that some of these seeds are already marked for people on this swap.

Here it is Solstice and I have yet to prep my jugs. I am so far behind from getting my seeds in order, but at least all of those are organized now. I think I've been participating in too many swaps lately! And then, there's the other thing that takes up too much of my time --- my job! But now I have two weeks off yippee!! I am going to be one winter sowing fool!

o

You have a few of my wants as well,Mark. Herbs are on my wants list and any are welcome :)

By the way, everyone please feel free to contact me directly for any wants on my trade list :) I know I don't always list everything I want on my page, and sometimes don't even know I want it til someone mentions it or I see it on someone's have's list :)

Kathy

o

Might be a little late, but I updated my trade page today. I have been going through lists. :-) Have surprises for some of you.

o

Proudgm ~ Hi :) You have several of my 'wants', but I'll be happy with whatever you pick & choose! I am especially interested in your Phlox 'Peppermint Candy' tho! :)

Hugs,
Wendy

o

WHOOOOOOOOOOO**HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I was able to full fill 54 wishes,I am so happy!!
Gonna get them in the mail next week,after Christmas,i will keep checking,there were a few that were not up dated,and i only have so much seed,( a newbie here )
Oh Happy Day~
Carol

o

Hello everyone!! Sorry so late, but I updated yesterday and checked it today and only some of it got changed!!! What is up with that!
I did add a few more at the beginning of my list, but not the update I did yesterday! Too much work and not enough time!
Merry Christmas to all! First day after Christmas I will be checking all the lists!! Can't wait! Melinda

o

I have things for 20 people on the list. while going through the lists, I kept thinking "Oh, I should have added that one!"

Carol- does that mean you found things for 54 people on the list??? WOW

o

I see I have things for 37 people on the list. At least, I think I do. Wont be positive until I get everything sorted and seperated....after christmas! And I just started trading about a month ago.

o

I have copied and pasted everyone's lists to my computer in one long file so I can edit and go through my seeds matching them up, etc... SO, I kindly request that if you're going to update further that you place that new list below your original one with the date so those who are going to go back over these lists again, will be able to look again without searching your whole list. That was a great suggestion that Angie made that I have already seen many members have followed. How thoughtful of you all!

Angie, I'd be happy to send you the text file of the lists I compiled into one long file as of 4:00 am on the 23rd of December, if you think it would be helpful to others as well.... just let me know...

Also, I believe that there were 3 that didn't have their list ready yet, which is fine, but please post here as soon as you do, so we can go through and collect seeds for you if we have some. I sure wouldn't want to leave somebody out that I could have sent to!

Blessings,
Angela

o

Good Morning,

I just checked my list and saw that the updates that I had added did not save to my trade page, can anyone tell me why?

Lisa

o

Well, in my first go around on the want lists, I have 56 packs for 36 people. I will go through again to make sure I can fill all I can. I was very pleased on how many I can send.

Hey, all you VERY experienced traders, leave something simple for us new traders to help you out! LOL!

o

My goal is to send at least one package of seeds to everyone. There are a few that I'm having some trouble finding something for, so I'm gonna ask a favor :) I would appreciate it if the following people would have a look at my trade list and see if something interests you, then email me.

pattygrow5
sguanzon
ilovefarac
poisondartfrog
jworth
duodecad
jaynine
velsgarden
ptp813
patty_b
patrob
threeshyacres
ggwrn
smokymist
kamiljablo
anadarko_rose
ourhappyhome
stevenwayne
pufftrinket
stage_rat
gmom2-6boys
luvgardening2

A couple of the above listed didn't have a wants list ready when I was looking. Most had lists, but I was only able to find one or two things that I might send. I like having choices :P Not to mention, I've noticed that several people want the same kinds of things, so this will help give me a few more choices in what to send to whom :)

And the offer to check my list and email me is open to everyone, not just those listed! DH will thank you all for helping to reclaim our computer room!

Kathy

o

I just finished updating my list. Unfortunately I didn't save the old, I just added and minused. Sorry.

Sandy

o

Hi all,
Carol, (just1morehosta) I too am a newbie and was feeling a bit out of my league with gardeners want lists! I felt the same way you did, but somehow I was able to come up with more seeds than I thought I had. Now need to work on getting started for Winter Sowing!

Cindy : )

o

Oh oh, I have a problem. I've counted the wants I can fulfill, and have a total of 316. (55 People) Would it be alright to send them anyway, marked for each person, and still only receive 200 back? That may mess up postage for some though. Any ideas?? I'd really love to send what I can! :)

Karen

o

I have seeds for 239 seed packets for 52 people. Now I just need to figure out how to cut the number down to 200. I can't even imagine getting 200 of my wants back.

o

WOW! You all really have a lot of seeds! I am up to about 30 but still have more to go. As for the maximum 200, that may be for Patty to help with sorting. I'm putting mine in baggies if I have more than one for a person but I won't be near the maximum, I'm sure.I'd be more than willing to add extra postage if Patty says its ok for yall to go over max. We have so many signed up for this swap, I can see how some of you with big seed stashes could go over.
So exciting! Nikki

o

I have a problem too and I am not sure how to handle it. I only have 22 people I can send to but on some of the list, I can fulfill MOST of their wishes. I will hit my limits w/ just 3 participants. Do I beg Patty to let me go over if I bag and label clearly to who it goes to? Or do I just cut the list short and hope that someone else has that seed for that participant? I need advice rather soon since I am working on it right now since it is raining cats and dogs here in California.

Nancy

o

On my second round through peoples' lists, I'll end up going over too.

So my plan was to remove some of the things I marked down that are really general (like "Snapdragon, any color") for those who have big Have lists, because likely other people, especially those with less in their seed stash, can send in those kinds of things. I'll keep the things that are either more specific, or harder to find, and keep general ones for those who have smaller have lists (in addition to any hard ones I have), and for some fill-in up to the 200 packs.

I figure I can always check in with someone afterwards if I had a lot of general things from their list, and offer a bunch of packs for postage.

We can't kill Patty with 10,000 packs or there will be no swap next year!

Yes, putting one person's seed packs together in a baggie (as well as having their name and our name on the packs) has to help Patty with the sorting.

We'll see what Patty has to say. Either way, I'll be very strategic about what I send in. (Patty, if you think it'll make it hard for your to fill the Oldbies Wants numbers with the approach I listed above, please let me know.)

Here's a funny -- last year I got back a pack of seeds that I had sent out early in my trading days (not that long ago really). I hadn't put my name on it, and no date of collection. I busted up laughing, it was so sweet to see!

o

I had trouble updating my list too and it took nearly a week just to put all my separate lists together to update my 'want' list..It should be fully updated now tho. And now I'm working on the 'haves' list. Not a prerequisite for this swap I know.. but DEFINITELY needs doing!!! But I'm off the computer for a few days to try to get ready for Christmas, bake some goodies, do the Santa thing, and then plop on the couch for some much delayed relaxation! :)

Hugs,
Wendy

o

Puffinket,
I have found so far,37 people i can fill wishes for,54 seed packs.
I am so surprised i can fill that many,not what some of you are doing,but, i am new to this,you just wait til next year,now that i know how it workes,lol

Cindy,
Yep,time to get started on the WSing,i did a few solstice sowing yesterday,i finished by nine thirty,i was beat! ha ha
Carol

o

I almost have mine ready to mail but I probably won't send it out until next weekend.
I will stick to 200 even though I could send many times that. This swap is structured a bit differently than some others, and that is great! Varying the format keeps it interesting and I think you also get a more diverse sample of seeds that way too.
Have a great week!
Alana

o

Angela, I'd love a copy of the list you compiled. Are you the same person who was doing an Excel spreadsheet? I think that was someone named "Angie" instead. I will have to look back through and figure out who that is, and request that too.

Regarding updates to Gardenweb Want and Have lists: I always save it to my computer first--I work on it in Word or Notepad. I don't know why some changes, but not all, would be accepted by GW, but it will save you so much time if you have the document saved. If I work on it when I'm not at home, I just email the document to myself.

I do like kilngod does--I try not to send in too many "easy" seeds, for fear that everyone is sending those in and we'll all have to get them back, too! (That has happened). However, I do have quite a few packs of stuff I'd like to get rid of. I usually tell the swap hostess that I don't expect to get the same number of packs back. I think maybe the newbies should send in a lot of extra postage! And make sure your bubble envy is pretty big!

By the way, does anyone know of a plant with the name Brian in it? I googled and I found only a shrub that grows in z7. :(

o

Hi All,

I am about halfway done going through the list and have found that I am able to send several on the wish list, even though I am a relative newbie.

Please feel free to email me if there is anything you want from my list. I realize it is not very extensive, but I do have several others as well.(doubles from trades, commercial seeds, etc.)

Hope everyone enjoys the holidays!

Amy

o

Wow! Some of you are ready to mail already? I am not even close yet!:)

To those of you that are having issues with your updates not taking,jaynine,Janine,posted that if you completely close GW after updating and sign back in it takes. I am going to be sure all of mine took also,just in case!;)

Angela,it is so nice of you to offer,Thank you! For now, I sort of have my own plan,I haven't started yet,but if I think mine may be a no go,I may just take you up on it!:) I have everyones name,and link to their trade page in a file,as I find seeds I have on their wants I am going to copy and paste those I have into the file under their name,print it out and sit down with my seeds and pack them up...that is the plan,hopefully it goes as smoothly as I have imagined!;)

Please, if you update, post so we know! Many people may not be checking lists twice considering the update deadline has past,but there are those of us that will be checking them up to the mailing deadline. So if you make changes,let us know!:)

Karen & Nancy,I would email Patty and ask her opinion,just in case she misses your post!I am curious of what she has to say,because I already know I am well past the 200 limit myself...lol...:)

I have mentioned this before,in case any of you missed it. Last year someone suggested that we all send Patty an extra stamp or two with our postage to help with any overages she may have at the PO on the big mailing day. This was not something Patty suggested,just something I thought was a nice thing we could possibly carry over to this year!:)

Tina,I was thinking of doing the same thing,like you,am going to get my final total and take out the general ones,unless of course, I have some awesome plant I want share that fits into a general category!;)

stage rat,it was dirtdiggin that said she has an excel spreadsheet made up of the players for the swap.I totally agree,having the original on a notepad of some kind is always best!:)

Well,I will be off the computer,until after Christmas! Lots to do here and the kids were off school today because of some really cold weather,wind chills at -10 to -20,so not much got done,tomorrow I will catch up on the house...again... and than we are going to bake and start preparing for Christmas dinner before going to MIL's for Christmas Eve dinner!:)
I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!:)

o
Just remembered...

One more thing,those of you that will be online or checking the list I posted over the next few days,could you please keep it bumped so it doesn't get lost? I would so appreciate it! :)

o

Well, I, too, am going offline for the holidays. I want to be sure the list I compiled is available for everyone who wants it. I have provided a link to it below. Keep in mind, 3 of the lists aren't on there yet and they are notated. One is going to be revised after another swap, and that was notated at the top of her list. Two others didn't have any wants posted yet at all, and that was notated as well.

Here's the entire list of "want" lists in the GardenWeb Round Robin that Patty is hosting. Just download it, and open it with notepad. I would recommend editting the lists to leave just what you have in your seed stash for each person, since this is a really long list with all the players in one long file. From there, it should be very workable in helping you get the seeds you have to those that want them! I hope this helps you guys/gals!

Blessings,
Angela

Here is a link that might be useful: RR Compiled List of Wants for

o

I didn't realize we had a new thread started before I posted last. Below is the link to the new thread to continue discussions.

Blessings,
Angela

Here is a link that might be useful: UPDATE: #2-4th annual whats left on my want list swap

o

i've never seen a deadline date for updating want lists. where is it?

o
updated list

I was able to update my wanted AND my available seed and plant list.

Several people wanted my fig cuttings. I somehow lost everything I saved in the folder. If you were one of those that wanted the Civil War era fig cuttings, please let me know. I lost your GW id. Sorry.

o

Hi all I guess I will take the 200 limit off just don,t go too crazy on me I might actually have time to start checking lists after today. I will post back after Christmas have a very merry one all of you.
Patty

o

How sweet, Patty! I was getting concerned about that limit as well. I plant to make sure that I package for each person I'm sending for, that way all you'll need to do, Patty, is drop that baggie into their envelope. I'll make sure they're well marked for you too.

MERRY CHRISTMAS, everyone!!!!

Kathy

o

BUMP

o

Super. I will go back over all of the lists again. I notice a couple still have no list. Is everyone on the list still playing or have we lost some?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here