Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

o
UPDATE: Secret Santa 2012 5th year Celebration

Posted by flwrs4ever 10 (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 4, 12 at 22:49

Please post here for games, thank yous, etc. The sign ups are now closed, but THANK YOU to everyone for joining, and sharing in the SPIRIT of Christmas !!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: UPDATE: Secret Santa 2012 5th year Celebration

1. How many cards will we mail this year ? 747
2. Who will receive first card ? me(detroitgirl77)--I received my first one today!
3. How many cards total have been sent in the 5 years ? 6,275

o
update on swap

Soooooooooo, who do I add to Santa's Naughty list for mailing BEFORE they were suppose to , hmmmmmmmm ????

Sir Don, thank you for the wonderful song being in my head today...I shall remember to post one for you ;)

OK, OK, BINGO it is..I thought you might like to change it up a bit...I shall get on that !

*****************REMINDER *************************

I MUST HEAR FROM EVERYONE BY MIDNIGHT TODAY, SAYING WHOM YOU ARE MAILING TO, OR THAT YOUR A NEWBIE..NO EXCEPTIONS ! (Follow the rules, or get added to the Naughty list ho ho ho )

o

To be fair, my card came from only 10-15 miles away so it could have been sent early today with me getting it today.

o

detriot, I have recd two also, and I am just funnin'...although it does make it hard to do games. :)

o

Uh-OH I know someone who is on the naughty list because they apparently can't read and mailed their packages before their date.

o

. How many cards will we mail this year ? 678
2. Who will receive first card ? dan_the mail man he probable has inside connections to speed things along
3. How many cards total have been sent in the 5 years ? 3390

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------

o

1. How many cards will we mail this year? 378
2. Who will receive the first card? I think I'm too late on this one lol
3. How many cards total have been sent in the 5 years? 2,800

o
Santa Baby...

smokymist..go ahead and guess on #2

The cards dont count until tomorrow...so first one to post here tomorrow they got a card, will be FIRST !! :)

You have until MIDNIGHT EST on THURSDAY to GUESS on the number game...and BINGO words will posted soon for you to make your list/card.

I am almost done recording all the card info..PLEASE, send me an email if you havent already.

*** I will slowly start passing the list around to the special ELVES once I get all the emails ***

anyone have a cute Christmas joke to share ??

o

It wasn't me!

1. How many cards will we mail this year ? Let's see... 520
2. Who will receive first card ? flwrs4ever
3. How many cards total have been sent in the 5 years ? Tough one... 4200

Jeff

o

1. How many cards will we mail this year? 1700
2. Who will receive the first card? rane-grow
3. How many cards total have been sent in the 5 years? 7,700

o

I think I'm on the naughty list, but I was never any good at following all the rules. After all, aren't rules really suggestions? Lol! And, I was just spreading some Christmas cheer! Honest Santa, I was, I really was!

o

Q. Why does Santa wear pink underwear?

A. He's a man. He did all his laundry in one load.

o

I suppose I was a little naughty... I never got an email for when I was supposed to send, but I got the addresses from another user and just guessed when I was supposed to send them out. I can most certainly read! I just didn't want to cause any more stress for Santa Kym. I sent them out on the 4th in hopes that people would receive them by the 5th or 6th. I apologize for ruining any games. Does this mean I'm kicked out of the swap for next year? I truly meant well.

o

Why does Santa have 3 gardens???
So he can HO HO HO!!! :)

o

1. How many cards will we mail this year? 986
2. Who will receive the first card? Kym
3. How many cards total have been sent in the 5 years? 6734
Wow, I got my first card today!! Yeah!
A big thank you to Dan for the great columbine seeds! Can't wait to see these bloom! Thanks so much! Melinda

o

I received a card full of seeds from Garden_Dad_2K10! Basil, tall marigolds, lettuce, and petunias will be great for container gardening this Spring! Awesome!!! -Dan

o

Yesterday I received from Gardendad_2K10. He sent a few of my wishlist items--oregano, kale, brussel sprouts and red okra. Thank you!

This post was edited by detroitgirl77 on Thu, Dec 6, 12 at 17:51

o

Today I received from clipclop. She sent luffa gourd seeds--been wanting to grow these for awhile and some other gourds for my boys to grow in their garden. Thank you!

o

How many cards will we send this year? 950
Who will get the first card? Kym
How many cards have been sent out in the last 5 years? 3500

If I send out a few cards a few days late will I be on the naughty list? I just found some $$ I can spend on stamps.

o

I received some luffa and basketball gourd seeds from ClipClop! I have never heard of basketball gourds and I am super excited to try them out! Luffas are so cool too! Thank you so much!

o

Received my first card today. It was from GardenDad_2k10 and contained Marketmore cucumber seeds. I am excited about this because I had my first successful cucumber plant this year but it only gave me two cukes. I am slowly learning what works in my soil so hoping these give me more cucumbers. Thanks to Christian.

Margo

o

I received my first card from GardenDad_2k10. I received seeds for double Shirley poppies, buttercrunch lettuce, Intense Purple amaranth, and hostas. Thank you.

Don

o

How many cards will be mailed? 874
How many in 5 yrs? 5940
dd

o

Just opening my mail from yesterday....

I received Christmas Merry Moments from Dan the Mailman. He included Rose Pink Cactus Zinnias and Picotee Cosmos.
I so enjoy cosmos and zinnias! Thanks so much Dan. Have yourself a Very Merry Christmas!!!!

Annie

o

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!
I received my first card today from gardendad_2K10.
Thank you so much for the dwarf Sunflower Sunspot seeds.
Sunflowers and vines are my favorite flower to grow.
Thank you gardendad and gardenweb.
Faye!

o

• Posted by sjc48 5 Michigan (My Page) on
    Fri, Dec 7, 12 at 11:49

I got my first card today! From Salsacanner/Ed, and he sent parsley, basil and sage, all off my wish list! I use parsley as a butterfly host plant and also to fill in the gaps; basils for the scent and sage just cause I love it! Many Thanks, Ed!
AND...I wanted you all to see the seed packets Ed sent. I have never seen these and Ed, when you have time, could you let me know where you found them? Thanks!
Check these out!
Shirley!
PS, it turns out that Ed is a neighbor, kind of, from Novi, Michigan, which is just north of me!

o

Received my first card yesterday from clipclop , 2 kinds of gourds that really wanted . Thanks Linda , and a very Merry Christmas to ya. NancyB.

o

Ooh! Those are from gardensandcrafts.com :) Just click on printables and seed packets will show up

o

Fri, Dec 7, 12 at 13:51

My "awareness" level is at an all time low.
Thanks, Redthreaddiy, I just now found the website, written on the back of the packets. Nuff said.
Shirley!

o

I got my first card from linda with 3 kinds of gourd seeds i wanted.
Thank you so much linda
Lisa

o

Kym wanted to let everyone know her internet has been down since yesterday afternoon and she really was just kidding about Santa's naughty list and she will be back as soon as her internet is back up !

Iris < who should be on the Naughty list since I haven't sent in my mailing to list ... uh oh

o

Hello All,

I got my first card today, it was from gardendad. It had orange calendula seeds in it..Thank you Christian, I love to tuck these in and around the garden!

I am Naughty!!! My Daughter is moving into her first home and I am in such a mess between xmas stuff and her packing to go that I dropped my first round of cards off early. I'm sorry Kym, I'm working on my second round of cards and will try to hold onto them.

Lisa

o

I received a cute cat Christmas card and 'Straight Eight' cucumber seeds from dan the mailman. Thanks for being naughty Dan!

o

• Posted by ruthz 8a dfw texas (My Page) on
    Fri, Dec 7, 12 at 16:39

Received my first two cards today.
gardendad_2k10 sent Thunbelina Mix Zinnia
the butterflies do love the zinnia's
clipclop sent Luffa seeds which I've been wanting to try
Linda, I'm curious how you pronounce Eatonton.
I grew up in N. Georgia and we have a rural community called Eaton, pronounced e tawn.

Happy Mailboxing to ALL

o

My cards are ready to mail. I just missed the mail lady today! I'll get them out tomorrow.

o

I keep waiting for Santa to visit me!! :)
I maybe should try sitting out milk and cookies!

o

I just mailed my cards out today. Should've sent them out 2 days ago since they have been ready for awhile.

I'm thinking I will look at more wish lists to send to more people. Wasn't sure how many stamps I had available, but I have plenty more I can use to hopefully fill some more wishes!
:)

o

I received a card and seeds from clipclop today. Luffa, birdhouse, dipper, and basketball gourds! I just looked up those basketball gourds, and they are too kewl! Six to nine inches, round, and thick-skinned, they sound like a lot of fun to me! Thanks!

o

A nice holiday card arrived today from gardendad_2k10 that included magenta petunia seeds. They sound pretty~can't wait to grow them. Thanks for your generousity! You made my day.

o

Thank you to Clipclop for the luffa seeds I received today. I look forward to growing these. My husband is going to be making a new area for me next year to grow these and some varieties of gourds.

Hope everyone has a good weekend. Margo

o

I got my first card today - thanks gardendad_2k10! I got the seeds I wanted - rosemary, calendula and celery :)

o

I got my first card on thursday but I have been so busy cooking for my family's christmas get together. And the card was from dan the mailman and he included some very appreciated balloon flower seeds. thank you dan

Paula

o

I would like to send a very special THANK YOU to GRDNGRAMMA for my baby Apricot tree! He arrived today, and I could not be happier! I have named him Baree!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

o

Thank You's for today! Yeah
Much wanted coreopsis from Katie (kchd) Thanks so much!
4 much wanted packs from Grndgramma! Loved them all. Also got one yesterday from Tonya-was part of a trade, but she enclosed Christmas card and extras from my wish list as my SS! Thanks so much to her also.
You all make my day!

o

• Posted by kchd 7b Mississippi (My Page) on
    Sat, Dec 8, 12 at 13:36

I got my cards mailed out on Thursday. Will probably be a few days until they reach their destinations. Lots of folks up north, and I'm wayyyy down in the south.

Katie

o

OH BOY! SEEDS!
!st cards arrived yesterday!
A big thanks to GRDNGRAMMA for the pepper and gourd seed! I'll be glad to plant them this summer.

Thanks XIANGIRL for the sunflowers and marigolds. I can imagine the birds enjoying them. dd

o

Thank you gardendad_2k10 for Poppies Double shirley Mix, Shasta Daisy 'Snowcap', Yarrow Paprika
Thank you grdngramma for the delphinium.
I'm so happy! I so look forward to the mail!!!
Heidi (and my cards have gone out)

o

Happy Saturday!

More Christmas greetings arrived yesterday from GRDNGRAMMA.
THANK YOU so much GRDNGRAMMA for the the lovely card and Edaname Soybean seeds. These were on my wish list....I have not grown them before....so looking forward to having them in my garden as I simply love chowing down on them.

Merry Christmas!

Annie

o

Yeah:))) Thank you salsacanner for the lovely card, rugosa rose seeds, adn black cherry toms:)
Merry Christmas

o

Yeah:))) Thank you salsacanner for the lovely card, rugosa rose seeds, adn black cherry toms:)
Merry Christmas

o

Sat, Dec 8, 12 at 14:15

My cards went out today! HO HO HO!!

Midnight, I'm so glad you got a tree! When I saw your wish list, my first thought was "Oh no, Trees?". May Baree prosper and grow well for you! Kudos, GRNDGRAMMA!

Shirley!

o

YAY, got a beautiful card today from Xiangirl. Came with gorgeous flowers, pink and black hollyhocks and white and purple asters!! Can't wait to plant out soon, Thank you so much Heidi! Merry Christmas!!

o
UPDATE: Secret Santa 2012 5th year Celebration

Thank you salsacanner! for the wonderful card, rugosa rose seeds and black cherry tom seeds:)On a day where I am feeling under the weather, it put a smile on my face:)

o

Yea, got cards today. From Gardendad, double shirley poppies, chives, magenta petunias and foxgloves. From Salsacanner, sunflowers, and bright light cosmos. I love all of these. Thank you.
Debby

o

OH Boy! Igot my first card today. Thank you Katie (kchd) for the milkweed seeds. ruthz you pronounce it Eat-n-ton. I had not heard of Eaton. We are known for Uncle Remus stories by Joel Chandler Harris and the book The Color Purple by Alice Walker

o

Got my first card today.
xiangirl - sent me Pretty card with secret santa swap text cut in card paper very imprassive. She also sent me 3 types of seeds. Petunia rainmaster white, Dianthus fandango and dianthus pink/red mix. All are my favorites. Can't wait to grow them. Thank you so much.

o

Today I received an incredibly beautiful card from Audrey; her own photograph with an original poem. The burnt orange roses in snow that inspired the poetry are spectacular! This card will be framed and displayed. Thank you so much Audrey. You are a talented lady.
She need not have included seeds with her gift, but she did, and wonderful seeds they are! JMG Kikyo Magic Whispers, Nicotiana glutinosa, Sida elliotii, and Tagetes Spun Lemon-all of which are on my 2013 grow list.
I love all of it!!
Alana

o

Ohhhh the cards and fun begins! I am not supposed to mail for another 9 or 10 days, waiting will be hard.

I LOVE the little jokes! Socialgardengal HOHOHO ha ha ha. Dem pa should I even say it - typical guy. Love it.

o

Sat, Dec 8, 12 at 18:56

Got a cute card today from kchd.
She send White Pow Wow coneflower from my want list.
I so hope I can grow these. All of my coneflowers died in 2011.
Happy Mailboxing to everyone.

o

My cards got mailed today! It's so warm here it is unreal! About 75 degrees! I'm not complaining! Sunday and Monday have a high of 80 degrees and then it goes down to 68 for a high. Still not bad for December here!

o

Today was a long one on my mail route, a 9-hour day of delivering packages while it snowed occasionally. When I came home the mail was already on the table, and it consisted of two, count'em two, cards with seeds inside! That made this mailman happy, yessiree indeedy!
Lisa831 sent a card of a cat attempting to entice a mouse out his hole with a gift, too kewl! Inside the card were mini-belle mixed peppers, romaine lettuce, and heirloom tomatoes! Sounds like the beginnings of a tasty salad to me! Thanks Lisa!
I also received some seeds from Ed the salsa man! Those seed packets are awesome! Ed sent black cherry tomatoes (those are awesome tasting! had my first ones this past summer), sweet basil (perfect for my herb garden), pickling cucumbers (I'm wanting to make bread-n-butter pickles this coming summer), black seeded simpson lettuce (I think I'll be mixing my lettuces when I grow them), mammoth sunflowers (I'll share these with my younger sister), bright lights cosmos (these are like little bursts of sunshine!), chantenay carrots (more for the salads!), evergreen onions (again with the salads), and extra triple curled parsley (that sounds cool and tasty).

Hmmm, can you all tell I'm in the mood for some fresh salad fixings from the garden??? Lol, it'll be a few months before I can make it happen, but looking forward to harvesting out of my garden always helps me get through the winter.

Thank you all for sharing your seeds with me! December is a tiring month for me because of the longer hours at work, and coming home to envelopes full of christmas cheer and seed packets full of summers promises make me feel so much better! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Dan & Co.

o

This is my first yr. to send SS and I'm lost, when do we know to send out the cards...can I send them now??

o

Grndgramma thank you! I didn't have luck with ground cherries this year, and needed more seeds, and last year I gave all my hyacinth bean vine seeds away, so those plus the celery are just what I needed.

o

momgardens1 you should have received an e-mail telling you the date to send your cards.

o

momgardens1, check your email from about a week ago. You got an assigned date range to mail seeds, so they don't all go out at once. My dates are the 17th to 19th and I am DYING over here, LOL, but I will be good :)

o

Sat, Dec 8, 12 at 22:45

momgardens1, check the email Kym sent you with everyone's address.

o

Yo-yo-yo! Received my first card-n-seeds yesterday, from Gardendad_2k10 (Christian)! The card's a wonderful Santa card (made in the USA) with ol' St. Nick caught in the act of filling stockings, containing Christmasy/wintery themed seed packets of the following: Kale (lotsa yummy vitamins, etc.), Tall Utah Celery and Fish Pepper! There's some defnite wish fullfilment here! - Big time thanks, Santa Gardendad! Best to you-n-yours this Christmas/holiday season and all throughout the coming new year! :)

o

I received my first card from Gardendad_2k10! A cheery card with mixed foxglove, KMOTGG, old-fashioned vining petunia and little bluestem grass, all in very nice seed packets. Can't wait to plant these - thank you, Christian!

o

Everyone received a set of dates to mail in the email with the address info...it was to ensure that the fun lasted all month. If everyone mails at the beginning the fun only lasts a week...so PLEASE DONT mail early, because others are, or the fun wont last. The first year we all mailed on one date..and people were soo disappointed that the fun ended, that is why I take so much time to divide the mailings. Lets keep the fun going :)

I REALLY, TRULY, was trying to tease with the naughty list comment...I know rules get broken a bit, but really this year the swap has gone smooth :)

Special Elf list will start to go around tomorrow afternoon..I am so sorry my internet has been down since THURSDAY, I was going crazy !! ( something from the company, our whole town was out)

Sounds like alot of great Mailboxing is happening already, I keep oo'ing and ahh'ing over the types of seeds, isnt that a true sign of us addicts ? *grin*

If you send anymore cards in the swap PLEASE send me an updated list of who you are mailing to...as I work behind the scenes to make sure everyone receives, THANKS !!

Happy Sunday, hope everyone is enjoying getting ready for Christmas, and isnt too stressed !

~Santa Kym

o
bingo

BINGO WORDS

Choose 25 words, make yourself a card(list) and keep a copy. Then email me your list, with the subject heading BINGO so I can put them in a seperate file.

You have till Tuesday at noon EST to turn in your list. I will begin the game on Tuesday, so get your fingers ready to YELL BINGO :)

Ok, so make a list of 25 words, and email it to me. Then mark off the words as I post them..once you get ALL 25 words, YELL ( type) BINGO

Angel
bells
bethlehem
blustery
blizzard
candycane
carols
cards
candles
candy canes
Christmas Cactus
chimney
cookies
decorations
elves
father time
frosty
frostbite
fruitcake
greeting
gift
gingerbread
goodwill
holly
holidays
icicle
iceskates
jack frost
jolly
lists
lights
merry
merry christmas
mistletoe
Noel
nut cracker
ornament
pageant
parades
party
pie
plum pudding
poinsettia
pumpkin pie
punch
peace
presents
reindeer
ribbon
season
scrooge
sleds
sleigh
Santa KYM
stocking stuffers
stockings
snowballs
snowflake
snowglobe
snowman
sugar plums
tradition
tree
tinsel
mistletoe
ornaments
wrapping paper
wreath
yule
yuletide
yule log
winter
winter wonderland

o

This is my first year here. What do I do with your list of words, Kym?

o

Santa Kym...I emailed you my 25 BINGO picks!!

Don and socalgardengal...cute jokes...LOL! Men and laundrey....not a good thing....well at least no in this house!!!

Christmas Cheer to all! Tiz almost 3pm Pacific time...I best be pouring myself an Eggnog with some Brandy and fresh Nutmeg. Love that stuff!

Annie

o

I emailed my Bingo list to you Kym

o

Sun, Dec 9, 12 at 21:51

I mailed my bingo list, Kym!
Annie, the eggnog sounds great, but maybe with white rum?
Maybe not.

Back to fighting with my Christmas tree. I have almost prevailed!

Shirley!

o

Sun, Dec 9, 12 at 22:23

I emailed my BINGO list to you, Kym!
And happy to see my cards have been spreading holiday cheer :)
Katie

o

BINGO!
Good morning all santas.

Thanks to Gardendad for the peppers, marigolds, chives and Oregano. Herbs seem to do very well in our clay soil. Ho Ho Ho, dd.

o

Recieve my first card from dan_the_mailman,A pretty kitten card and inside was yellow columbines,savory seduction yarrow,and marigold. Thanks Dan

I'm sending bingo list.

o

Mon, Dec 10, 12 at 11:24

WOW!! Santa's little elfs were really busy over the weekend!
I received lemon bee balm, larkspur "splish splash", and LOTS of joe pye weed from Katie! Many thanks, Katie!
Also received zinnias and a LARGE amount of parsley from grndgramma - Thank you, Thank you!
And then I got a super stuffed card that wasn't signed. In the card were 3 envies of zinnias, 2 of larkspurs, 2 of nasturciums, an envie of linaria, snapdragons, and joe pye weed, all off my wish list; this was SUPER! Many, many thanks, whoever you are!!
Shirley!

o

I received my first card over the weekend, and just got back into town from a Christmas festival to find it on my table...
A lovely Santa card from GardenDad with Amaranth Intense Purple , Chocolate Beauty Sweet Pepper, Sweet Basil and Brussels Sprouts Long Island Improved. Can't wait to try these, when is it summer ?? Thank you GardenDad !

o

Sorry for the delay but I have not been able to get on GW this past week.

Thank you to Salsacanner/MI and detroitgirl for the wonderful veggie seeds! I love getting the cards in the mail. It really makes for a great holiday season.

o

Didn't get a chance to post the two cards I received yesterday so will post them today along with the others I have received.

Kimnkell sent me some loofa gourd seeds
ishareflowers sent green wizard rudbeckia and lynchnis vesuvius
SalsaCanner sent black cherry tomato and pickling cucumber
Lisa831 sent large red cherry and white currant tomato
and a handmade card was received from Diana with Jack be Little pumpkin, spaghetti squash, and cherry tomato

Thanks to all of you and your thoughtfulness. My vegetable garden will be brimming with goodness.

Margo

o

Thank you Shirley for the seeds:)
she sent me geum mrs bradshaw
pink and white columbine
and rocket larkspur!
thanks!!

o

Kim- thank you for the purple tomatoe seeds and lovely card:)
Margo-thank you for the geum seeds and nice card:)

o
Secret Santa 2012 5th year Celebration

Kim- thank you for the purple tomatoe seeds and lovely card:)
Margo-thank you for the geum seeds and nice card:)
Michelle- detroit girl -thank you for the tomato seeds and anise seeds:)

o

Sending my bingo list.

Hmmm eggnog, that sounds like a great idea! I had a rough workday.

o

Ok there were 4 cards in the mail today. So I recieved from

Grndgramma some verbena bonariensis thank you

Ishare/Lisa she included some double aster white balloon flowers, double blue balloon flowers, blue/white speckled balloon flowers. I can't wait to see these bloom.

sjc48/shirley she included some some balloon flowers, red texas hummingbird sage, and coral nymph salvia. thank you I cant wait to add these to my "collection" of plants this summer.

ssalsacanner/ed he included some bright lights cosmos which is a good thing I was not able to collect one single seed from my cosmos this summer and also some lithuanian tomato seeds havent heard of these before.

Cant wait to try all of these wonderful seeds. thank you again.

Paula

o

I got 3 cards in the mail today! I am always beyond excited to open them and literally drop any other mail that's in my hand and open the secret santa's first :)

Thank you SO MUCH!

From grdngramma, a beautiful pinecone card with a mixture of her hot peppers and some foxtail grass! I love trying out all kinds of new peppers :) I also have been wanting to try foxtail grass for some time, as I'm just getting into ornamental grasses and I only have Zebra grass! Thank you!

From kchd, a winter greetings snowflake card with some white pow wow coneflowers and some sweet banana peppers! I wasn't able to collect seeds from my sweet banana peppers this year, so I really needed these! I only have the White Swan coneflower, so these White Pow Wow coneflowers will be a happy new edition to my lacking coneflower collection. Thank you!!! They are gorgeous!

From dan_the_mailman, I got a BOX, a freaking awesome box. When I saw this box, I was SO EXCITED and opened it right away. I'm such a seed maniac. First I opened the card, a cute Christmas kitty card with little stickers on the inside! Dan was so nice and generous, and sent along bushel gourds (I LOVE THESE!), Kettle Gourds (a new variety for me), Peas (I will grow all of these! I never have enough plants to provide enough peas for the farmers markets, but next year it looks like I'll have tons!), an Annual Poppy Mix (of singles, shirley's AND peony poppies!), brilliant red oriental poppies (sound amazing), a watermelon oriental poppy (these look absolutely GORGEOUS and I've never seen them!), and some Charters Double Rose Hollyhocks (I love all kinds of hollyhocks, especially ones with names!). Dan - thank you so much for your generosity. I'm glad to see someone putting so much thought and care into packages. I love putting lots of care and love into mine as well ;). Thank you so much!

All of the cards I'm getting are so cute, I will have to display them all this year. Just need to grab some garland! I save everyone's cards and make all kinds of crafts with them the year after receiving them. I love re-using and the cards are just too cute to throw away. Your cards will be with me forever :)

o

I received 2 cards today.

Kimnkell sent loofah gourd seeds. Thanks!

Dirtdaddy sent me a nice variety of pepper seeds that I don't have, along with a few tomatoes and some basil. Thanks so much!

o

Received my first card today. Thank you Lisa (ishareflowers). She
sent me a cute card with geranium Jesters Jacket. Pretty variegated
geranium. Can't wait to get these going!

o

I received my first card today from Linda (roper2008). It's a cute card with red Majesty lettuce and red noodle yard long bean--two from my wishlist! Thanks SO much Linda. Can't wait to try them out.

I also mailed my cards today.

Betsy

o

Lovely treats in my mailbox this evening:
From Katie (kchd) a gently beautiful pine themed card containing 2 Ruellias straight from my wish list. Thank you Katie! I will love having the tall ones with the short ones in front of them.

Michelle (detroitgirl77) send a cute Santa card with Orange Habanero Peppers and Red Peter Peppers. I've never had the red Peter Peppers before and I am looking forward to them. Thank you so much!

Lisa (ishareflowers) sent a skating Santa card with Cassia fistula and Geum triflorum from my wishlist. I am very excited to try them! Yippee! Thank you!

Just a few more days until I mail my cards.
Alana

o

I mailed out my cards this morning, so they are on the way. I got home tonight to my first card in the swap. It was from Shirely (SJC48) and carefully packaged in a bubble envelope. It had Dill, Yellow Columbine, and snapdragon seeds in it. Thank you very much Shirely!

Mandy

o

Thank you salsacanner for the beautiful card and seeds. I received Carrot 'Chantenay', Cucumber 'National Pickling', Lettuce 'Black Seeded Simpson', Peppers 'Sweet Banana' and 'Thai', Tomato 'Black Cherry'. Thank you so much. Have a Merry Christmas!

o

I received cards from Salsacanner, sjc48, and smitties. Thanks so much! Wishing everyone a safe and joyous holiday season! :)
Tonya

o

WOW, I got home late from a very difficult day to find 5 (FIVE!!) cards on my table. I am like a kid in a candy shop. I will spend hours this evening researching all my new seeds :) I mailed my cards today as well!!!

Thank you so very, very much:

Katie (Kchd) sent White Pow Wow Coneflower and Arugula...so excited! and a lovely card to boot!

Heide (Xiangirl) sent Milkweed- silky gold, Zennia-mixed, Rudbeckia- Triloba, Rudbeckia -Goldstrum, and Cosmos- Pink- the crafty card is so unique and pretty.

Kim (Kimkell) sent Oregano (off my wish list) and Imperator carrots. I can't wait to look those up to see what they are :) a cute snowman card too!

Grdngramme snet a lovely card and zucchini from her own garden, and mammoth red beets, I am anxious to see how big mammoth gets!

Last but not least Linda (roper2008) sent a lovely card inside of a bubble pack because she sent me so many seeds it wouldn't fit inside a christmas card.
Flatleaf Parsley (so excited)
Carot Kuroda (so curious)
touchstone gold beet (on my wish list)
White Datura (can't wait to see this)
Amish Deer tongue lettuce
Parisian Pickling Cucumber
Double French Marigold
Ladybird Nasturtium

I am going to put everyones name on my markers in the garden so I can remember who sent me what....thank you so much, I am just going into my second garden year and this has really made me anxious to get started in the Spring.

o

WOW, I got home late from a very difficult day to find 5 (FIVE!!) cards on my table. I am like a kid in a candy shop. I will spend hours this evening researching all my new seeds :) I mailed my cards today as well!!!

Thank you so very, very much:

Katie (Kchd) sent White Pow Wow Coneflower and Arugula...so excited! and a lovely card to boot!

Heide (Xiangirl) sent Milkweed- silky gold, Zennia-mixed, Rudbeckia- Triloba, Rudbeckia -Goldstrum, and Cosmos- Pink- the crafty card is so unique and pretty.

Kim (Kimkell) sent Oregano (off my wish list) and Imperator carrots. I can't wait to look those up to see what they are :) a cute snowman card too!

Grdngramme snet a lovely card and zucchini from her own garden, and mammoth red beets, I am anxious to see how big mammoth gets!

Last but not least Linda (roper2008) sent a lovely card inside of a bubble pack because she sent me so many seeds it wouldn't fit inside a christmas card.
Flatleaf Parsley (so excited)
Carot Kuroda (so curious)
touchstone gold beet (on my wish list)
White Datura (can't wait to see this)
Amish Deer tongue lettuce
Parisian Pickling Cucumber
Double French Marigold
Ladybird Nasturtium

I am going to put everyones name on my markers in the garden so I can remember who sent me what....thank you so much, I am just going into my second garden year and this has really made me anxious to get started in the Spring.

o
trivia for fun

Just some fun trivia, do you know the answers WITHOUT GOOGLE :)

1. Who was the first President to Decorate the White House Christmas tree ?

2.What song was first written for Thanksgiving and then became one of the most popular Christmas songs ?

3. The first state to recognize the Christmas holiday was ?

4.Which Christmas carol did Jimmy Boyd make famous when he was just 12 years old?

5. Which popular Christmas food was an American discovery

o

Answers to questions:

1. George Washington?
2. White Christmas?
3. Virginia?
4. I saw mommy kissing santa claus?
5. Candy Cane?

o

Mon, Dec 10, 12 at 19:56

Answers:
1. Theodore Roosevelt
2. Over the River and Thro the Woods(?)
3. Pennsylvania
4. Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer
5. Peanut Brittle

o

Got more cards. Pretty excited!

kchd - sent me nice snowflake card with Yellow pear tomato seeds. Thank you so much. I love tomatoes and grow every year.

Smithies - sent me nice holly card with Yellow carolina jasmine seeds. Thanks a lot.

gradngramma - sent me nice snow bear card with mixed marigold and parsely seeds. Thanks a lot. Can't wait to grow them.

detroitgirl77 - sent me pretty christmas wishes card with green pole beans and black seeded simpson lettuce. (really love and my garden can't be without beans and lettuce. I grow them every year). Thanks a lot

o

Today three Christmas cards were delivered from the seed swappers. I appreciate the Red Cherry tomatos and long slim cayenne peppers received from detroitgrl77, from my home state. Thanks so much for fulfilling my wishes and for the nice Christmas card. The family always appreciates the small tomatoes over the big ones. LeKennedy sent me a beautiful card and a package of garden bean velour (never planted these before!) single Italian parsley (Yum! I love parsley), and catnip seeds my cat will especially enjoy. Thanks very much for the time and effort.My third card came from another Michigander, SJC48. Shirley, thanks for the generous package of pink hollyhock,the rose yellow Four O'clocks, and the dill seeds. I will definitely find a great place to plant all of these. HO HO HO! I'm going to be a happy SalsaCanner gardener in 2013!

o

I just checked the mail and two cards were waiting for me.
From Audrey: some much appreciated Baptisia australis, Cosmos 'Antiquity', Lathyrus vernus alboroseus and JMG 'Akatsuki No Mai' seeds in a lovely creative card.
From Katie (kchd): a pretty blue & white snowflake card containing some Eryngium yuccifolium seeds that I really wanted.
Ladies~thank you both so much. Happy Holidays!
Janine

o

Mon, Dec 10, 12 at 20:34

Holy smokes! My email inbox has *blown up* today with all the new posts on this thread! LOL it makes me giggle.

Today I received 2 cards in the mail -

A too cute card from Lisa (lysa39) with a snowman (one of my holiday favorites!) on the front and a ton of seeds! purple coneflower, yellow coneflower, Tennessee purple coneflower, Rudbeckia hirta, Rudbeckia sonora, bowl gourds, dipper gourds, and pawpaw tree!

And Heidi (xiangirl) sent some awesome seeds, too! gaillardia, holiday sunflower, and autumn beauty sunflower. But best of all was Heidi's homemade card she made with her cricut cutter and upcycled wrapping paper. It is awesome! Heidi, you are not doing me any favors in my efforts to resist getting a cricut! I've been eyeballing them since you described it on the fotess swap a few months ago.

Thank you both so very much!

Katie

o

I've been working on a quilt most of the afternoon, so I've been waiting until now to open the 3 cards which came in the mail today. I've hit a snag with the quilt, so I've put it away until tomorrow, and now I'm relaxing in front of the computer, being "helped" by my youngest cat/child Grumpy.
Redthreaddiy, I'm glad you enjoyed your box! Reading your post gave me a serious case of the chuckles!

And now, with the help of an extremely curious kitten...
Katie (kchd) sent 2 packets of white pow wow coneflowers. I'll be planting these on christmas day along with my other coneflower seeds!
Margo (smitties) sent some double click cosmos, one of my favorite annuals!
Lisa (lysa39) sent a plethora of seeds! Marigolds, parsley, candytuft, 2 types of pumpkins, 3 types of cosmos, 2 types of clematis, summer squash, morning glories, corn, onions, dianthus, basil, and coneflowers, wow!!!

Thank you Ladies, thank you very much!!!

o

Another package today! From sjc48 2 kinds of borage! And calendula! All are from my wish list, because I just can't get the right timing for collecting seeds from my own garden. Love the card, too, thank you.

o
Bingo sign ups

deitroitgirl77
Audrey
vajeff
gardendad_2k10
zackey
redthreaddiy
poisondartfrog
nancyplants
dirtdaddy
clipclop
smitties
sjc48
dem_pa
kchd
chefconnie
canyonwind
foggy
L1oness
jlee160
barefootgardener12
dan_the_mailman
socalgardengal
jaynine

This is who I received cards from..anyone else want to join the BINGO game ?? Did I miss anyone ?

o

I received 2 cards today. They made me forget how tired I am and I actually smiled.
I received a beautiful card from xiangirl with a pack of Lemon Queen and evening Sun Sunflower zxseeds.
I also got one from smitties today also. She sent
paradoxa coneflower seeds.
Thank you so much ladies. You made my day.
Faye!

o

Thank you Katie! She sent me Splish Splash Larkspur! My grinch attitude is leaving and you are helping it out the door!
Heidi

o

I received two cards today....really how can you have a bad day when you open your mailbox to something like this ? It's been hard for me to hold onto my seeds, I am so anxious to send them, but I will follow the rules, and wait.
My cards today came from :

ishareflowers ( love that little santa skating)...she sent me Amaranth Intense Purple and Amaranth Autumn Palette for my Amaranth addiction. Thank you so much !

Ed ' Salsa Canner' spoiled me with Blue Lake Bush Beans, Sweet Basil, Sweet Banana Pepper, National Pickling Cucumber, and Black Cherry Tomato. Very very much appreciated. making me yearn for my garden.

o

Received my first card today from Audrey. She sent a beautiful card with roses on and a poem that she wrote "Roses in the Snow". Beautiful! Inside the card was 4 kinds of flowers, Japanese Anemone 'Whirlwind", Salvia "Navajo Rose", "Antirrhinum "Frosted Flames" and Japanese morning glory "Gray Fog". Thank you so very much Audrey. Love them all.

Also sending my bingo words to Kym.

Ellie

o

Got card from xiangirl - you must be into scrapbooking, very cool card, and the seed envelopes are hand made too, lots of effort went into this, and the grandkids keep asking me when we can plant the sunflowers, two different kinds of marigolds, gaillardia and mexican hat, thanks very, very much. My son lives in Sturgis, we probably have some common acquaintances/family even?

My second card is from salsacanner who ALSO went to the effort to make his own cute little seed envelopes, almost a shame to open them -- got common sage (excellent, I cook a lot of birds), long island mammoth dill (I'm quite a pickler too), Chantenay carrots, Simpson's black seeded lettuce and national picking cucumbers.

Sure brightens up these long winter days to get these wonderful surprises in the mail, I intend to join in EVERY year as long as it is available, many many thanks to all who put this on and participate, a GREAT idea!!!!!!!!!

o

I received two cards today.

Roper2008 sent a card that had a cute golden retriever on it - one of my favorite breeds. Inside were seeds of kiss-me-over-the-garden-gate (I've been curious about this plant for a while), marigolds, "Black Knight" pincushion flower, and "Red Rubin" basil (both from my wishlist!). Thank you, Linda!

The other was a whimsical santa card sent by ishareflowers. Included were heuchera seeds of "Mocha" and "Blackout". I love heuchera, and these will provide great contrast in our partially shaded spots. Thank you, Lisa!

It looks like I might have a dark foliage/bloom section in the garden this year!

Thank you!
Jeff

o

Received my first card today, from detroitgirl77 (Michelle). Before I even opened the card, the delightfully pungent aroma of licorice emanated from it; Anise seeds! In addition to that, she also sent me a worthy adversary to my 3 year-old Bhut Jolokia plant: The 'Butch T' strain of the Trinidad Scorpion pepper. I am going to have so much fun watching friends and people at the farmer's market next year eating these! Thanks Michelle!

--Jordan (WonderWeasel)

o

I received 2 cards in the mail yesterday. They brightened my day after having a long hard weekend at work! sjc48(Shirley) sent foxglove "foxy", cosmos "cosmic gold" and red texas hummingbird sage. ishare(Lisa) sent foxglove (white and sutton's apricot) and asclepias "ice ballet" and butterfly weed "cinderella". Thank you both very much! I can't wait to see these growing in my yard next summer!

Ginger (ggwrn)

o

I forgot one, Lisa also sent "hairy balls milkweed". Thank you again Lisa!

Ginger (ggwrn)

o

Tue, Dec 11, 12 at 11:19

Received a nice card and seeds from Roper2008/Linda today -she sent Red Rubin basil, French Dwarf marigolds, and Yay, Yay, Tithonia! All from my wish list! Many thanks, Linda!
Shirley!

o

Lotsa thanks:

Let it snow, and birds, card from Ed Salsa Canner!
2 tomatoes I didnt have, chives, sage and Oregano, I got just the bed for them!
Pickeling cucs, Giant sunflowers and Cayenne peppers! Yummy! THANK-YOU!

Detroit girl sent a Rudolph and Santa card! Cute, and Golden Jubilee tomatoe, (I dont have) and long cayenne pepper. Awesome, THANKS!

Oh Boy! LYSA sent a snowman card and, Marigolds and mint, bush beans and pole beans, gourds, hollyhocks and daisys. I enjoy watching all the flowers and herbs grow outside my window in the summer. THANKS- much. dd

Last a JOY card from Kimrose. She sends Oregano seed. I'll be waiting to see how this grows. Our Oregano bloomed purple, and I thought Oregano bloomed white. Anyhow, I dug most of that up this fall and am waiting to start some new.
THANKS, ALL, dd.

o

Posting Thank YOu's from yesterday! Boy it made my day!

Audrey sent me a beautiful card she made with a poem on it! Loved it! Also 4 packs of seeds that I am thrilled with from my wish list!

Ed-Salsacanner-sent me a beautiful dove card with 8 packs of seeds from my wish list all done up in Christmas seed envelopes! Very nice and thrilled with the seeds!

Shirley-SJC48-sent me a beautiful handmade card with calendula, cosmos, and foxglove! Thanks so much!

Kim Rose-Kimnkell- sent me the cutest Snowman card with parsley and dill in it! They will all definitely be used!

And last but not least-
Diana- sent me an adorable handmade snowman card with sweet meat squash, pattypan squash, blue hubbard, australian butter squash, lemon cucumber, jarrahdale squash, and dk. green zucchini! I am thrilled!

Thanks so much to each of you, I had a really bad day yesterday and hurt my foot (but not broken like I thought) and this certainly cheered me up!

o

I emailed my bingo card yesterday morning!!

o

Ooopppss! I just reread it and saw my name! I'm so used to being the last name on the lists. Sorry!!

o

HO...HO...HO, Yesterday, I received three more HAPPY and JOYFUL cards with WONDERFUL little packets inside.

**Katie aka kchd sent White Pow Wow Coneflower.

**Ed aka salsacanner sent Cilantro, Cosmos Bright Lights Mix and Sweet Basil.

**Michelle aka Detroitgirl77 sent Green Pole Beans and Long Slim Cayenne Pepper.

Katie, Ed and Michelle, thank you so much! Merry, Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Annie

o

Thank you's

Received my first two cards:

domesticdiana: a cute handmade card and 5 different types of lettuce, snow pea, cilantro,Minnesota Midget Melon.

lysa39: cumin,thyme,oregano,summer savory,anisa hyssop,fennel,galic chives,basil,parsley,dill and corn.

My cup runneth over ladies.

Thank you very much.

margarita10

o

Another card today! From xiangirl- 3 types of coreopsis and a gaillardia!! Going to love them all!
Thanks so much for them and the lovely handmade card!

o

Santa came to my mailbox yesterday and left two cards. From kchd, Heliopsis Summer Sundrops and from Xiangirl seven packets of seed in a cute homemade card. Thanks Katie and Heidi!

Today, from the Smitties I received three pks. of seed. Thanks Margo!

o

Today I received a beautiful handmade card from xiangirl containing seeds for gaillardia, autumn beauty sunflowers, french double marigolds, and purple coneflowers! Too kewl!!

THANK YOU!!!

o

I received a cute card with puppies on them from roper2008. She sent Azoychka tomato seeds! I've been wanting to grow these ever since I tried them at a farmers market a few years ago--the taste is nothing like I've had before or since. Also received snow white cherry tomato, alma paprika and chocolate scorpion peppers--I love super hot peppers.

Thanks so much!!

o

I received my first card from Lisa (ishareflowers). She was very generous sending white and butterfly blue scabiosa, snapdragon, R. Cherry Brandy, and three varieties of heuchera. Thank you! I mailed mine today.

o

Another card today! From Debbie (TheKens11) she sent the most adorable Santa card showing Santa on the beach. My grandsons are in Hawaii this year their daddy is in the Army. I hope they see a Santa on the beach.

Seeds are awesome, Cupani Sweet Pea, April in Paris Sweet Pea, Beets, Jewel tone beets, and carrots (long Imperator)

This is so much fun! Thanks Debbie

o

I received 2 cards today!

The first one was from smitties - she sent a holly card with some Hot Portugal Peppers (I have been looking for these! I am so happy I finally have them!) and Tennessee Spinner Gourds (I have never seen these! They are adorable!) Thank you so much smitties!

The second one was from zackey! She sent Cushaw Squash (love this!), blackberry lilies (somehow I killed mine, so I am very happy to have more seeds! They are so gorgeous. I love all kinds of lilies!), and Holy Basil (YAY! I got some holy basil last year and it turned out to NOT be holy basil, so I'm very excited to try holy basil out for real this year!) Thank you so much!

I can't wait to send out my cards. I went a little overboard, and it's taking me days of work to complete them, but I think it will be worth it when people receive them. I try to switch it up and send to different people every year, but I know there are duplicates sometimes ;) You should see my craziness for this swap. I have excel spreadsheets of who sent to me for the past 2 years, and I make sure I always send them something, and then I mark down everyone who sends me stuff this year so I make sure I send to them next year, and then I try to add in new people, and it's just madness! And I have pages and pages of handwritten notes in my notebook for this year. I've been writing up labels all day today. The seed stuffing hasn't even begun! And, I only got through 1 page of my 8 pages of labels that I need to make. I take this swap WAY too seriously, but it's the only round robin I do each year, so I want to make sure it counts!

o

Wow, the cards are flying.

I received a cute card from Lisa39 jammed packed with fun. She sent four colors of pincushion, hollyhocks mix, cotton, blue flax, and white pampas grass. This all can make a whole garden. Thanks Lisa

Margo

o

Received 2 more cards yesterday and 2 today. There has not been one thing that I've received that I don't need or want. Thank you. Kchd sent Pow Wow coneflowers. I'm going to do one whole flower bed in coneflowers. SJC48 sent Angles Choir Poppy, rocket larkspur and geum Mrs. Bradshaw, ( I love the color of this). Smitties sent 3 different echinacea's, Sombrero Salsa Red, Yellow Paradoxa, and Coconut Lime. Xiangirl sent Allium Mt. Everest, Allium sphaerocehalon, cosmos, and Autumn Beauty Sunflower. All of these were in a beautiful handmade card. Last but not least Lysa39 sent anise hyssop, squash, green and yellow, california poppie, cabbage, lupine mountain blue, summer savory, dianthus, dill, fancy poppies, turkish orange eggplant, lettuce leaf basil, garlic chives, marigold mix, parsley, turnips, zinnias, cosmos, larkspur, pink poppies, winter squash, bok choi. I'm truly amazed each year at the generosity and kindness of everyone that participates in this swap. Thank you.
Debby

o

Thank you Katie Marie kchd! Can't wait to see Splish Splash Larkspur come to life! I love the name. Thank you for the seeds.
Heidi

o

Yesterday I received five envelopes.

I received a beautiful holly card and two kinds of dianthus from smitties. Thank you Margo.

I received beautiful Mary and Jesus card from Ed/SalsaCanner. In it was a salad garden (lettuce, radishes, and carrots) Also a pack of cantalope, mammoth sunflowers, and cosmos. Thank you.

I received a snowflake card and two packs of poppies from kchd Katie. Thanks so much.

ishareflowers sent me a Santa on skis card. In it were the following seeds: Gold columbines, six kinds of dianthus,and cosmos. Love them all.

I received a reindeer ornament card from sjc48 and the following seeds: gold cosmos, lemon yellow columbine, penstemon prairie dusk, and white cloud poppies. Thanks for everything.

Today I received a Santa, sleigh, and reindeer card from grdngramma. In it were zinnia, ironweed, purple top turnips,and birdhouse gourds. Thank you so much.

Also I received a holly card from theKensII. In it were Kentucky wonder beans, carrot long imperator, poppies, and radish. Thanks so much.

I will mail mine in two days. They are ready.

Don

o

I received 2 more cards today. A pretty handmade card from Xiangirl (Heidi) with new england aster, woods aster, gaillardia & cosmos. The other card was from grgngramma she sent giants of california zinnia and chater's hollyhock seeds. Thank you both, the butterflies will love these flowers!
Ginger (ggwrn)

o

I received my first card today, a nice handmade card from Shirley sjc48. She sent dill, borage, fuller's teasel, and nigella. I love dill and can never have enough! I have never grown borage before but it looks very interesting. I am so happy to receive Nigella, because I have always wanted to try it! I have never heard of fuller's teasel, but I looked them up and the flowers look beautiful. Fullers teasel is used for all kinds of medicinal things and the flower is too cool! Thank you very much for the great variety of seeds - I can't wait to watch them grow!

Look at this teasel flower all dried up: too cool!

o

It is so fun to read what everyone is receiving

o

Loads of thanks goes out to ishareflowers and Kimmell. I thank you both for Basil, Irish eyes and Orange wallflower. My garden will be more beautiful because of you two ladies.

And OT, you both have wonderful penmanship. That's the kind of hand writing I would love to have.

o
bingo

BINGO WORDS

ANGEL
CANDLES
MISTLETOE

*just a note, I plan on doing words at different times, and maybe multiple times a day, so check in :)

o

I received three lovely cards today. sjc48/Shirley sent rocket larkspur, daylilies and foxy foxglove; roper2008/Linda shared KMOTGG, Calendula Touch of Red, and marvel of 4 seasons lettuce; and Debby-1 sent wood poppy and oat grass. I can't wait to grow these - thank you all for your generosity! The garden outside looks a bit dreary but the garden I'm planning in my head looks awesome with all these new plants :).

o

whoopee! I got two cards in the mail today! Thanks smitties/Margo. I love the coneflower and gaillardia and card they were in was beautiful. roper2008/Linda Cute Card and I am so excited to get 2 herbs that I have not tried basil finissimo and white borage. thanks for that and the bonfire salvia and benards zinnia. can't wait for spring.

o
trivia answers

1. Who was the first President to Decorate the White House Christmas tree ? Franklin Peirce

2.What song was first written for Thanksgiving and then became one of the most popular Christmas songs ?
Jingle bells
3. The first state to recognize the Christmas holiday was ? Alabama

4.Which Christmas carol did Jimmy Boyd make famous when he was just 12 years old? I saw mommy kissing santa claus

5. Which popular Christmas food was an American discovery
eggnog

***Special Elf list is being passed around, as I get responses, I fix the list, then pass it on. So, if you signed up..check your email the few days, I will be in touch ****

o

Alrighty then,...my turn again! :)

Yesterday I received two more wonderful cards, with seeds and other delightful surprises!

From Ed (SalsaCanner): A totally kewl Audubon card, featuring a fanciful, carrot-nosed snowman peering at a bird feeder with a Cardinal and Black-capped Chickadees. We get Chickadees here all the time ("Chickadee-dee, chickadee-dee"), and also this time of year, Junkos, finches and the odd Scrub Jay. Once in a while, even a White Breasted Nuthatch or two. In the summer, we also get Northern Flickers, Robins (of course), various herons, Snowy Egrets, Osprey and, ocassionaly, a Red Tail Hawk. Seeds: Cutting Celery (aka Leaf Celery - rare in the U.S., except for Asian & farmer's markets. Very flavorful!) and Thai chili Pepper (Love them hots! And these puppies rank high on the Scoville scale 50,000 - 100,000! - Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Then, from Shirley (SJC48): A truly wonderful homemade card with gold-stamped "Season's Greetings" and the following seeds - Dill (always good stuff), Yellow Columbine (definitely one of my floral passions) and Borage (aka Star Flower - an excellect culinary and medicinal herb)! Thanks a whole big bunch, Shirley! - And, oh yeah,...there's more! Shirley also included a half-dozen delightfully, artfully created homemade flower-butterfly-themed note cards & envelopes as a gift to my wife, Elly, along with a glittery, Christmasy penguin magnet for our son, Roy! - This SSSS totally rocks, as usual!

o

Hi All,

Received one more card from:

domesticdiana: cumin and squash

I'm going to try and grow the cumin since I use it so much in my favorite chili recipe.

Thank you Diana

margarita10

o

Okay I have my elves mixed up.

I received the cumin and squash from smitties.

Thank you Margo

margarita10

o

I got 3 wonderful cards yesterday.
1st one was a wonderful homemade card from heidi (xiangirl) with 3packs of Gaillardia off my wish list. My next card is from shirley sjs48 and she gave me 4 o'clocks, salvia, and colunbine. All off my wish list.
Last card was from grdngrannie who sent me luffa seeds and salvia all off my wish list.
Thank you all for the wonderful cards and seeds
i really love this.
Lisa lysa39

o

Yesterday I recieved lovely cards and mixture of many veggie and flower seeds from these awesome ladies!!
SJC48- Shirley
roper208-Linda
Lisa831-Lisa
ishareflowers-Lisa
lixiegurl-Dawn
You gals made this a very special year for me I was very surprised. Thank you all so much :) :)

Cindy
alwaysagarden

o

Wed, Dec 12, 12 at 11:44

I received a beautiful, handmade card from Heidi/xiangirl today! Heidi, how creative is that card! Good Job! And where did you get the stencil for "Secret Santa Shop?"
She also sent Autumn Joy sedum, yarrow, joe pye weed, rudbeckia hirta and sunflower seeds! Many, many thanks!
Shirley!

o

Yeah, 3 more cards today!
Smittie/Margo-sent me 3 gaillardias and red coreopsis! I love all these! Also a beautiful card with American Holly on front.

Margie/onedaylily-sent me poppy, columbine, and digitalis!
I love them all! Beautiful card with amaryllis on the front!

Debby/debby-1 sent me coreopsis, digitalis, and chocolate
cherry tomato! Love all! Card has an adorable kittlen in Santa Hat!

Thanks so much to you ladies for brightening my day!

o

I recieved 2 more cards today

debby-1 sent a very nice christmas scene card with beefsteak tomatos and some red salvia. yeah can't wait to grow them.

roper2008-linda she sent the cutiest polar bear card. I love polar bears. She sent me some granny cantrell's and some brads black heart tomatos and some salvia.

I can not wait to try some of these seeds I have recieved. It is going to be a long winter waiting for the tomatos to germinate.

And my cards went out today. thanks

Paula

o

I am so excited! I received 3 cards today! HECK YEAH! I spent another full day preparing my cards and seeds for others and am still going! :)

Thank you to debby_1 for the cute santa cat card and the seeds! I got Oat Grass (never have tried that before! looking forward to sowing them!), red canna (I am starting a bulb farm this spring, so I am very excited to have new varieties!), and California Wonder Pepper (so happy you send these because I didn't get seeds from the ones I grew last year.) Thanks so much! I'm planting everything you sent this spring - love it all!

Xiangirl sent an amazing handmade card loaded with seeds! She sent gaillardia Punchella (I only have one variety of blanket flower so I am super excited to try this new one!), Reed Grass (a grass I haven't tried or have heard of, and am very excited about!), Goldenrod (have never grown them but I've been wanting to try this!), Autumn Joy Sedum (I don't have this sedum yet! It looks gorgeous!), Milkweed (I LOVE this!) and Butterfly Weed (I have never grown this before but it looks gorgeous!). Thank you SO MUCH Heidi! You sent varieties that I didn't have but wanted to try and I am super excited to plant them all this spring!

Last but certainly not least, I received a cute snowman/winter scene card from Ruby_dog! She included Ruby Star Echinacea (I only have purple and white, so I am EXTREMELY excited about this one!), Scabiosa 'Summer Berries Mix' (I LOVE LOVE LOVE these flowers. Can't wait to see what colors I get from the mix!), Jalapeno M Peppers (I love jalapenos - I pickle them, dry them, use them in endless recipes!), Watermelon 'Blacktail Mountain (have never grown these or have heard of them - extremely excited!), Butternut Squash 'Waltham' (I have so many uses for these as well!), and Okra 'Bowling Red' (I didn't even realize there was more than 2 varieties of okra. This is so cool!) Thank you so so so much ruby_dog! I love everything and you are so generous!

Here is a link that might be useful: Secret Santa Swap 2012 continuation thread

This post was edited by redthreaddiy on Wed, Dec 12, 12 at 16:44

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here