Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ruthz_gw

December 2014 OBF The Grinch Gift Exchange/Part 3

ruthz
9 years ago

Updated List

These are the gifts that are frozen and cannot be stolen again.

Sheri (FROZEN)

Faye (FROZEN)

Annie (FROZEN)

Shirley (FROZEN)

Ruth (FROZEN)

Dawn (FROZEN)

Mary (FROZEN)

Erica (FROZEN)

Margo (FROZEN)

All others are still available.

ruthz/Ruth - 2nd Faye (S) 2nd Erica (F) 1st Jeanne

ilovefarac/Melinda - 1st Ruth (S) 1st Erica (S) 3rd Sheri (FROZEN)

EricaBraun/Erica - 3rd Faye (FROZEN)

dmkelly/Dawn - 2nd Annie (S) 1st Faye (S) 2nd Mary (S) 1st Nicole

Panhandle_Seed_Swap/Sheri - 3rd Mary (FROZEN)

brittneysgran/Shirley - 2nd Christine

canyonwind/Annie - 2nd Dawn (S) 2nd Sheri (S) 2nd Melinda

bluee19/Nicole - 1st Sheri (S) 3rd Annie (FROZEN)

skyblue52/Susan - 2nd Shirley (S) 1st Margo (S) 1st Nikki

cottonwood468/Mary - 2nd Ruth (S) 1st Dawn (S) 1st Christine (S) Margo (FROZEN)

cinnie0/Nikki - 3rd Erica (FROZEN)

nottougly/Faye - 1st Mary (S) 1st Melinda (S) 3rd Shirley (FROZEN)

sandlapper_rose/Jeanne - 1st Shirley (S) 3rd Ruth (FROZEN)

smitties/Margo - 1st Annie (S) Dawn (FROZEN)

christine00/Christine - 2nd Margo (S) 1st Susan

This post was edited by ruthz on Sun, Dec 14, 14 at 13:14

Comments (150)

• brittneysgran
    9 years ago

Jeanne thank you so much for the beautiful Birthday card and
    bookmark which says FRIENDS ARE THE FLOWERS IN THE GARDEN
    OF LIFE, so very true.
    Shirley

• Christine00
    9 years ago

Skyblue52/susan Thank-you so much for a wonderful gift! i will definitely enjoy all you sent!
    illustrated guide to gardening book
    cute snowman card
    m&m ornament
    andes creme de mente thins
    lindt chocolates
    chocolate marshmallow santa
    lot & lots of seeds!! including open pollinated tomatoes that im very excited about!

• bluee19
    9 years ago

I received some HAPPY MAIL and doing the HAPPY DANCE!! Thank u Hisbicusfan (Suzanne) and Cottonwood (Mary). I wished we all could get presents every day of the year!!

• ruthz
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Bonus bingo words

Faith
    Lights

• bluee19
    9 years ago

I just need three more words, come on Ruth, say those magic three words so I can win BINGO :)

Good Night Ladies!!

• ruthz
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Good Morning all.
    Cold, rainy day here. But we do need the rain.
    Can't believe it's the 23rd already.

Bingo words today.

Exchange
    Heart "two sizes too small"
    Holly
    Sled

• bluee19
    9 years ago

Good Morning Ladies!! Happy Pre Eve Christmas!! I only need two more words Ruth :)

I received my Birthday card/seeds and Grinch packages. Miss Annie gave me some AWESOME presents!! I really needed these to cheer me up! Tomorrow will mark the one year my Grandma (she raised me) died on as Christmas Eve at 6:45 pm.

Thank YOU to everyone who has made my days a little brighter!

• dm_kelly
    9 years ago

Good morning one and all! Only three more bingo words for me. I've had a horrible time keeping up this time but its been fun!

For me, the week of Tavel and Family is finally here.

My son wanted to have lunch with me this year as his present. He moved to Portland for his job over the summer, but before he moved, he made it a point to have lunch with me at least one once a month as well as coming home for dinner as often as he could. A long story short, I drove to Boise and back yesterday and spent the afternoon with my son, his sweet wife, and my energetic grand-puppy. I sure love those two kids!

Today, we're off to Altanta for Christmas with my in-laws. It'll be different having a Christmas with no snow :)

Happy Tuesday to one and all!
    Dawn

• bluee19
    9 years ago

Sorry Annie. I didn't open the whole package. I was admiring the outter contents. There are a total of 12 plates, two of each. Thanks again!

This post was edited by bluee19 on Tue, Dec 23, 14 at 12:29

• canyonwind
    9 years ago

Nicole, there should be 12 "Seed Packet" plates. Use them for appetizers, salad, dessert, a sandwich or whatever turns you on. Every seed addict should have these......

Enjoy! Merry, Merry Christmas.

Annie

This post was edited by canyonwind on Tue, Dec 23, 14 at 12:26

• smitties
    9 years ago

I only need two more words.

I feel blessed today after receiving a phone call from my 21 year old son while I was in Kroger. He had driven up to Toledo for an errand and while entering onto the freeway, (roads were wet), he hit the break to slow while getting on and they locked up. He slid into a sign and then into the lane of exiting cars from the freeway. Thankfully the sign prevented him from going any further and thankfully there were no cars coming toward him. We just have to thank God that our son was not hurt and no one else was involved. His car was towed and it is possible that because of the miles on it and the fact that although the airbag did not go off, it may have to be reworked and because of that cost, the may total the car. That might be a problem because we just gave him that car as a more reliable car then the one he had. We don't have another car for him other than the one he just gave up. We have our own pick up and car but both are newer and still being paid for. We still all have good attitudes knowing it will all work out somehow.

I plan to have a great Christmas this year because I have a lot to be thankful for.

Margo

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

Oh Margo, I am so glad he is all right. Mary E.

• bluee19
    9 years ago

Sending you cyber hugs to u & Ur family. Please know you are all thought of. Yes, its going to be a Merry Christmas!!!

• sandlapper_rose
    9 years ago

I received my package from Ruth today. Ruth, thank you so much. I'll enjoy planting the seeds and the fairy and gazing ball are beautiful ... and as for the cookies, my husband and I already had a sample. They are delicious. Thanks so much and Merry Christmas!

I'm so glad you liked what I sent and that it got there without taking a long time.

Margo so glad to hear your son is okay. What a scare.

Ruth has inspired me - I think I'll make some cookies tonight. I haven't made any so far.

Jeanne

• ruthz
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Good Christmas Eve Morning.

Happy Birthday Shirley.

Margo, so thankful your son is okay.

Hope everyone else is okay and where you want to be.

Jeanne, happy you liked everything.

Today is our mailing deadline for Grinch gifts if you haven't already mailed.
    This is what I show for gifts received.
    Please let me know if I missed someone.

ruthz - received
    ilovefarac/Melinda - received
    EricaBraun/Erica - received
    dmkelly/Dawn - received
    Panhandle_Seed_Swap/Sheri - received
    brittneysgran/Shirley - received
    canyonwind/Annie - received
    bluee19/Nicole - received
    skyblue52/Susan - (Nikki mailed on 22nd)
    cottonwood468/Mary - received
    cinnie0/Nikki - received
    nottougly/Faye - (Shirley mailed the 20th)
    sandlapper_rose/Jeanne - received
    smitties/Margo - (Dawn mailed the 20th)
    christine00/Christine - received

Today's bingo words

Bitter
    Garland
    Gingerbread
    Silver Bells

This post was edited by ruthz on Wed, Dec 24, 14 at 15:49

• Melinda Hagen
    9 years ago

Getting closer on Bingo!
    Wishing everyone a wonderful Christmas Eve!
    And wishing Shirley a wonderful Happy Birthday!
    Melinda

• skyblue52
    9 years ago

Hoping for thankful gifts and memories for all in this group. Even if you are alone right now. You are all very special people . Thank you for touching my life. Happy Holiday. Hoping to be creative with food . Merry Christmas all. Susan

• Christine00
    9 years ago

love the picture, Susan! hope you all have a great christmas day!

• cinnie0 (z 9b / So Cal)
    9 years ago

Sorry I have been mia for the last few days. Yes I received your package Erica. Thank you so much The goodies were yummy. Oh the smells that came out of that box when I opened it.. So yummy. Cant wait to get a chance to use the micro grater.

Susan - I mailed off you package on Monday expected delivery said you should get it on the 26th. 9114 9999 4431 3344 9308 56

Susan, Shirley, Ann,Jeanne, Ruth, Promise, Sheri, Erica, Nicole -
    Ladies I cant express how special you have made me feel this birthday. Thank you all for the cards and gifts. Hope I didnt miss anyone.
    Merry Christmas everyone. Stay safe drive carefully and cherish your time spent with your loved ones.
    Cinnie0

• mellen
    9 years ago

Happy Birthday, Shirley!
    ME

• cinnie0 (z 9b / So Cal)
    9 years ago

Happy Birthday Shirley!

Margo - thank you for the birthday card.

cinnie0

• EricaBraun
    9 years ago

Happy Birthday, Shirley!

• sandlapper_rose
    9 years ago

Happy Birthday to Shirley ... and
    Merry Christmas to all!
    I hope everyone has a wonderful day tomorrow.
    Jeanne

• brittneysgran
    9 years ago

Margo-Thankful that your Son's accident turned out OK, God is good.

Annie thank you so much for the Birthday card and seeds
    Dianthus 'Superbus Red'. I now have a great collection of
    Dianthus seeds and can't wait to get them planted.

Margo thank you so much for the Birthday card with flowers
    on it to brighten this Winter weather.

Susan thank you so much for the Birthday card with a Grape
    Conserve recipe and herb seeds Coriander.
    We have lots of grapes to harvest each year so I'm trying this.

Sue thank you so much for the Birthday card and the Penguin,
    Santa, Reindeer and Elf dancing solar buddies. I can't believe you found
    4 of them. They are oh so cute dancing away.

Ruth I mailed Faye's box Saturday so she should have it. I will check and make sure with the tracking number.

Shirley

• ruthz
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Shirley, thanks for the update.
    Hope your having a great Christmas Eve birthday.

I'm cooking, cleaning and decorating a little more and listening to Christmas music..
    My decorations are in my daughters rented storage and she only brought a few of them except for the Christmas tree stuff.
    So it just doesn't like right this year.

Looks like all the Grinch gifts have been received or will be received in the next few days.
    Please remember to post when you receive.

Now we just need a bingo.

So here's a bonus word.

Chimney

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

A quiet evening here with the kittens, the parents (the kittens' parents) and my son. He's playing guitar right now. 90s grunge version of "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen". We frosted and decorated some CVS almond pinwheel cookies. A little later, we will be watching IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE. Maybe shovel a little snow, first time this season.

Best Birthday wishes to the December born, and to all a sweet, blessed Christmas and Good Night! Mary E.

This post was edited by cottonwood468 on Wed, Dec 24, 14 at 23:45

• nottougly
    9 years ago

Hello everyone,
    I received my gift today from Shirley.
    It is nice stuff.
    Shirley I just love the snowman and even my husband likes it.
    Thank you for the helebores. I have been wanting some for awhile now.
    Thank you so much for all the goodies. I love it.
    Merry Christmas everyone.
    Faye!

• EricaBraun
    9 years ago

Merry Christmas everyone!

• Melinda Hagen
    9 years ago

Happy Birthday to Shirley (a day late!) and Happy Birthday to Nikki today~
    Merry Christmas to all!
    Melinda

• bluee19
    9 years ago

Good Morning Ladies! After receiving my Rare Seed Catalog from Baker Heirloom. I am in awe with the many types of flowers/veggies. Which companies do you order from and get catalogs if any?

Hoping everyone is happy/healthy!! MERRY CHRISTMAS YOU ALL! Thank YOU for making my days brighter and cheerier!!

• EricaBraun
    9 years ago

Nicole -- Baker Creek is one of my favorite seed stores. Bountiful Gardens is also good, but they don't have as extensive a selection as Baker Creek. For very rare plants, I like Sacred Succulents. His website sucks, but the selection is amazing. I've purchased plants and seeds from him -- very good quality.

• bluee19
    9 years ago

My hubby and I just realized this was missing from our front lawn. How sad that someone had to do this!

• dm_kelly
    9 years ago

Nicole, that's horrible! I hope that doesn't completely ruin your day.

Merry Christmas every one! I hope Santa was good to you!

Dawn

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

Nicole, I am sorry that happened. The plants were taken also? What were they? Looks like possibly a sedum and miniature rose and something else. Somewhere, someone is probably knocking on doors and saying, "Client ordered this and reneged, would you like to buy it?" Or taken for an Christmas gift? Impossible to understand enjoying something that was stolen.

Mary E.

• brittneysgran
    9 years ago

Nicole-Is that not the lowest thing someone can do? DH and I came home from market one Saturday and someone had dug up daylilies out of our yard. Funny thing is they left the metal tags I had to identify the daylilies. So many people come and buy daylilies it had to be someone who had been before, they either brought a shovel or used the one I kept propped up beside the house. I would love to catch someone doing that sort of thing. So sorry that happened to you.

Merry Christmas ladies....it was a great Birthday and Christmas for me. Thank you for all the cards, Happy Birthday wishes and gifts.

My Uncle passed away Christmas Eve morning so his family is very sad this Christmas Season. Seems we lose someone every year from our family.

Faye-So glad your box arrived and you were pleased. I saw on your want list you wanted the hellebores so I had DH dig you some. It loves cold weather so it should do fine this time of year.

Shirley

• brittneysgran
    9 years ago

OBF'ers we need to think about our hosts for each month of 2015. If there is a month you want to host please let me know.

December - Ruth (In progress)
    January - Sheri
    February -
    March -
    April -
    May -
    June -
    July -
    August -
    Sept. -
    Oct. -
    Nov. -
    Dec. -

Sheri-Are you still taking Jan.? I know you took Maryanne's month and helped us out so let me know.

Our Birthday Ladies for January 2015 are:
    11TH - LAURA (lilangel81)
    12TH - MARGO (smitties)

Shirley

• EricaBraun
    9 years ago

Shirley -- I'd be willing to do any month from March through August. You can just plug me in to whatever no one wants.

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    9 years ago

Nicole, nooooooo say it isn't so. That little wagon was so cute. I'm so sorry. Did you post it to your Facebook page? I hear of criminals being caught that way. It's very unique, so maybe someone will see it.

Shirley, I'm so sorry for the loss of your uncle. Did he live close to you, too? Your lily story is sad, too. People are getting worse, I'm afraid. It seems that way anyway.

Actually Shirley, I switched January for November 2015 (for our annual Season of Sharing) a while back (emailed you).

Please put me down for November 2015 and if no one is inspired to take January, I will come up with something.

Margo! It's your birthday month next!!! I'm mailing your card soon. I'm sure holiday mail is still backed-up.

I've attached a link to a cool thing to do with your left-over Christmas cards. Fun little seed gift containers!

Sheri

Here is a link that might be useful: FOR LEFT-OVER CHRISTMAS CARDS

• ruthz
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Good Morning

Hope everyone had a nice Christmas.

Nicole, Baker Creek is one of my favorite places for seeds also.
    I also really like Diane's seeds, Renee's seeds and a few others. I like non GMO seeds that are sold by companies not owned by Monsanto.
    So sad about your wagon planter. A house a couple of streets over used to have one of those beautiful boy girl water fountains. I admired it every time I drove past,
    then one day it just gone. I just don't understand why people do those things.
    Sorry to hear about your uncle Shirley. That was pretty bold of someone to dig your daylilies.

If there is no Bingo from this morning's words, I'll post more tonight.
    Today's bingo words.

Jack Frost
    Kris Kringle
    Sack

• nottougly
    9 years ago

Bingo. I got 10 words

• nottougly
    9 years ago

Here are the bingo words I got.

Baking
    Stocking Stuffer
    Chimney
    Frosty
    Gifts
    Icicles
    Jack Frost
    Jingle Bells
    Kris Kringle
    Poinsettia
    Santa Claus

Faye!

• Melinda Hagen
    9 years ago

Congratulations Faye! I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!
    So sorry Nicole that you had that taken!
    I got 2 beautiful get well and thinking of you cards from Nicole and Shirley today! Thank you so very much! They sure cheered me up. Was going to stay at my son's until Sunday and came home this morning. Just so tired and cry all the time. I think I've lost my mind, except my cardiologist told me it wasn't in my head! LOl! He said you will feel that way until I get fixed, but don't know what that will consist of yet. One more test on Monday morning and then on the 7th I will see the electrophysiologists and see what they have to say. I am so ready to feel better and not think I am going crazy!
    I had a great Christmas at church and with my family!
    Now on to wonderful New Year for everyone!!
    Big Hugs to all! Melinda

• ruthz
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Faye, the Grinch Bingo is 15 words.
    I show that you have 13 of the 15 words.
    You need two more words.

Words drawn so far

Icicles
    Mistletoe
    Stole
    Candy Canes
    Nutcrackers
    Wrapping Paper
    Poinsettia
    Whoville
    Hope
    Joyful
    Manger
    Frosty
    Gifts
    Mount Crumpit
    Eggnog
    Jingle Bells
    Noel
    Baking
    Greetings
    Tree
    Fireplace
    Rooftop
    Shrunken Heart
    Love
    Season
    Warm-hearted-Whos
    Cindy Lou
    Grinch
    North Pole
    Kisses
    Roast Beast
    Sending
    Grouchy
    Hymns
    Stocking Stuffer
    Ebenezer Scrooge
    Santa Claus
    Snowman
    Coal
    Jolly
    Jack in the box
    Faith
    Lights
    Exchange
    Heart "two sizes too small"
    Holly
    Sled
    Bitter
    Garland
    Gingerbread
    Silver Bells
    Chimney
    Jack Frost
    Kris Kringle
    Sack

This post was edited by ruthz on Fri, Dec 26, 14 at 15:29

• nottougly
    9 years ago

Oops. I got ahead of myself. lol
    Faye!

• brittneysgran
    9 years ago

Faye-BINGO in the Fotess group is 10 words, I got mine confused the other day too.

Only 2 more words for BINGO.

Sheri-If you will take Jan. that would be great and thank you. 2015-I can't believe how fast 2014 went.

Melinda-So glad you received your get well card. I'm thinking of you daily and hope God will touch you and help the Dr's. to help you.

December - Ruth (In progress)
    January - Sheri
    February -
    March - Erica
    April -
    May - Shirley
    June -
    July -
    August -
    Sept. -
    Oct. -
    Nov. -
    Dec. -

Erica-I plugged you into the month of March....thanks.

What a job getting all this Christmas STUFF stored away. I can't do a whole lot with my foot so I worked on it yesterday and some today and still not finished.

Yes my Uncle lived here in Franklin, my Dear Aunt will probably have to go to a Nursing Facility now because she can not take care of herself. I now have my Mom, two Aunts and a Cousin in the Nursing home. I guess there will be three Aunts now very soon. My Cousin will be going home after she has physical therapy and can walk again. I'm fearing I may be there for physical therapy after I have this second foot surgery.....sure hope not.

Shirley

• EricaBraun
    9 years ago

Shirley -- March, got it! So sorry about your uncle. And very sorry to hear you have so many family members in a nursing home. :( That has to be rough. I do hope your second foot surgery goes well and does what it's intended to do, without anything so drastic as forcing you into a nursing facility for physical therapy.

• ruthz
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Somebody's got to be close to Bingo.
    There aren't that many words left.

Bonus bingo words.

Cave-dwelling creature
    Max
    Sleigh bells

• skyblue52
    9 years ago

Hello Everyone Hope your holildays were safe. little things happen to test us. Lets send a big hug to Melinda to make her strong. my package came from Nikki yesterday. How she got everything in was a test. It was filled with sweets. . Candy canes, hersey kisses. Ghiradelli Squares, cristy treats, resses tree, and Andes mints. . Then dahlis seeds, Zinnia grand champion , hollyhocks and Bee flower mix. The sweetest blue bears and a tin to keep them safe. Truly a grreat package. talk to you all soon. Susan

• smitties
    9 years ago

I am so confused. Is there a Bingo winner? If not, I think I am. I thought someone had one it so threw out my list last night. If someone has indeed won. Congrats. LOL

Margo

• smitties
    9 years ago

Ooops, never mind,I think I still need one more. Margo