Houzz Logo Print
pattygrow5

Part 10: pattygrow5's WLOMWLS

pattygrow5
14 years ago

OK! Here is the new thread!

Recap:

~Patty's computer is down.

~Me,Angie,will be relaying any messages or questions to Patty. So please contact me via email,if there is something you need me to relay to her.

~The mailing is about to begin, and I will post lists of those that are mailed when I get them from Patty!

~Pictures of Patty's winter/fall garden and our hostess gifts are provided in a link here

Enjoy the anticipation! :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Patty's gardens and our hostess gifts!:)

Comments (150)

• paulan70
    14 years ago

yes now I will be like a cat looking out the window watching the cars go by.

Even though here in my town there is no door to door mail service I have to go to the post office to pick up my mail. At least it is better than bills especially after christmas.

Paula

• columbine21
    14 years ago

Today I received my seeds !!! I am very happy with what everyone sent and I received some wants that I wasn't sure would be filled...but they were! So here come the thank yous...

First, to Patty, for all your hard work-oh and for the prize for guessing closest to the number of seeds sent...I am excited to plant the Purple Sensation allium bulbs and I think the garden flag is pretty ! You did a great job hosting...I don't know how you do it!

A big thank you to Angie for being Patty's right-hand girl!
    And for organizing the fun and games.

Thank you to Angela for her list and for sending me some great seeds.

Dirtdiggin sent me a large amount of requests- many COOL beans and a great variety of other kinds...Thank you!!

Chemocurl sent me many lovely seeds that I can't wait to plant- a big thank you!

Jaynine sent many lovely flower seeds-THANK YOU!

Thanks to alwaysagarden and the others who fulfilled special requests!

I would also like to thank just1morehosta for sending the cotton seeds along with a piece of paper detailing their interesting history.

Thank you, pumkingal, for including a recipe along with the pumpkin seeds you sent.

And thanks to everyone else who participated in this fun swap!!!

Rebekah

• Michelle Reynolds
    14 years ago

hello
    I got my seeds to day, wha a great christmas gift from all my GW friends, and from patty.

Merry Christmas to you all
    michelle

• tammyinwv
    14 years ago

Well my seeds have been located. Debby emailed me to say my package was sent to her house. She has graciously offered to send them on to me. What a sweet lady.

Merry Christmas to All
    Tammy

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    14 years ago

I'm glad they were located Tammy as opposed to being lost and maybe never knowing where they went.

I just keep checking back in here, to see what others have said after they receive their goodies. It looks like everyone has been so very pleased.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Sue

• angelady777 (Angela) - Zone 6
    14 years ago

I'm glad so many are happy and that the lost seeds are being sent! I can't wait to read more after Christmas.

{{gwi:1320866}}

Blessings,
    Angela

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

And a very Merry one it is :)

Amazingly, my package ALREADY arrived today from PA! Don't have time right now to go through the bulging package to see what goodies are in there, but wanted to say WOOOHOOOO IT'S HERE!!!! LOL

Thank you in advance and I'll post more when I get a chance to sit down and snoop ;)

So far it looks SO amazing! I'm sure it's fantastic!

Toni

• ruthz
    14 years ago

We were in the seventies yesterday and today we have a

WHITE CHRISTMAS EVE.

My 9 year old grandson that's the most awesome ever.

• jaynine
    14 years ago

So nice (and exciting) to hear about everybody's packages; this is such a great swap and it's been my pleasure sending as many seeds as I could!
    Happy Holidays, Everyone~Peace to you & yours.
    Janine

• drippy
    14 years ago

Merry Christmas, Patty, and all my fellow swappers! Ruthz, my DD is stranded in DFW tonight - flew in from London this a.m. No worries, she is snug in a local inn and will be with us tomorrow midday, when the weather clears both there and here (Huntsville AL).

I am about to go watch my all-time favorite childhood movie, Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol. My DH bought the DVD for me several years back; I was so touched. Connections with past, present, future - I am feeling very blessed.

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

Merry Christmas

Just a quick note to thank everyone for the amazing seeds that were sent in for me. I'm still not done going through and updating my list, but have been able to remove LOTS of wants already. I'm so excited to grow out a bunch of these wonderful plants....can't wait to see what my garden looks like next Summer.

Thank you again everyone and a huge big thank you to Patty, Angie and Angela! Your hard work has been very much appreciated :)

Have a wonderful Christmas day and rest of the Holiday Season.

Hugs to everyone :)

Toni

• smitties
    14 years ago

Merry Christmas everyone!!!!

I received an early Christmas present yesterday. I opened my mailbox and there was my seed package packed full. Just finished inventorying everything and adjusted my "wants" list. I received so many great things including seeds for my chocolate garden, healing herb garden, culinary herb garden and much more.

Thanks to everyone who will be helping my garden grow this summer and I hope your Christmas was all you hoped it would be.

• alwaysagarden
    14 years ago

MERRY CHRISTIMAS!!

Woo hoo, I see my name with a big SENT beside it, can't wait to recieve my package! ; )

Cindy

• barefootgardner12
    14 years ago

I received my seeds Christmas Eve. What a nice surprise! Thank you to everyone. Although I didn't mind duplicates, I received very few, if any. A big THANK YOU to Patty & Angie for all their hard work! You are the best!

• just1morehosta
    14 years ago

Hi every one,
    Guess what i got!!!!Yep, you guessed it,my seeds came a few days ago,just as i was in the middle of writing you all, out electric went out,and was out for 3 1/2 days.Not a nice thing to have happen,you sure do learn how dependent you are on electric,when you don't have any.

My seeds you ask????Oh yes, the pack was bursting at the seams let me tell you.I have enough Morning Glories to last a life time,ha ha,i did not know there were so many different kinds,man, will my fence line be shinning this year,can't wait to get them all planted.
    As soon as i got my seeds, i took some quiet time,and went through them all,i separated into piles, the ones that were of the same family,put the annuals into a pile,tomatoes in another, so that i am all ready now to WS,matter of fact, i sowed 15 containers the next day,thank God my soil was already wet, as we had no water,but i did it during the day,and only 15.I think i have done 30 so far.
    My hubby said to thank you for sending in some beefsteak tomatoes,his favorite.When he saw all the seeds, he said,"Wow, think ya got enough seed by now"?ha ha, of course i said no.
    I received so many seeds for butterflies, i think if any of you want butterflies in your yard this year, they will all be over here at my house,ha ha
    I received several seeds i really wanted,how does one say thank you to such kindness?You all went above and beyond what i was even thinking.
    I received a very nice camera for my birthday,i just need to learn now how to use it, i am hoping to post some beautiful pictures in the next few years.
    I hope you all had Very Merry Christmas,and may this growing season be the best you have ever had.I know mine will be.
    Salutations to all.
    cAROL

• ggwrn
    14 years ago

I received my envelope on Christmas Eve. As always it was packed full of fantastic seeds. I received several items that had been on my want list for over a year! I think I am going to need a bigger yard. Thank you all for sending all the great seeds! Patti thank you for all of your hard work, I can't imagine how many hours you spent separating the seeds. Angie thank you for helping Patti. I haven't started my winter sowing, but I can't wait to get started.

Ginger

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    14 years ago

Once again, you two have totally outdone yourselves with this wonderful swap! I am totally blown away...and I've been thinking about how I could thank you appropriately for all of your hard work. The fact is...I just can't thank you enough! The effort you put into selecting seeds just for me is over and beyond what I would expect or even hope for...but as I said above, I am totally blown away!

You two are THE BEST at coordinating a big swap like this, and I truly appreciate all of the hard work that I know goes into it. This is one of the nicest Christmas presents I have received because not only does it reflect all of your hard work matching seeds to my want list, but it is also a very nice gift from all my GW friends who sent in seeds just for me! When these seeds are growing in my gardens next year...it will definitely be the gift that keeps on giving!

So thanks a million PATTYGROW and AGIRLSGIRL, and to everyone who sent seeds in for me.

Smiles and Happy Holidays! - Lisa

• alwaysagarden
    14 years ago

I got my seeds!! I just love this swap, I always end up with so much of what I need for my garden the next year!
    Thank you so much to Patty for all her hard work and to Angie and Angela as well. This is one swap I plan on joining every year. Thank you also to all the wonderful gardeners that participated!!

Cindy ; )

14 years ago

Guess WHAT??? The Southwest Airlines' commercial that Hannah and I were in is airing right now during the Giants' game that is on! We're in the one where the guy walks on the wing of the plane. Then, he's talking about making the little girl smile that has cancer and how it makes it all worth it. Right after that, you see Hannah and I at the top right of the screen when he says, "This is who I am."

Wow! It's finally live on the air!!!!! We're on TV!!!! I just HAD to share this with you all. If you get to see it, try to pause it on that last scene otherwise it goes by way too fast for you to hardly notice us. Please, email me if you get to see it. I'm so excited!!!!

Blessings,
    Angela

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

:( We couldn't find it Angela...blast it...it wasn't broadcast here.

• Sweet Sakura
    14 years ago

Well, my seeds were mailed last Tuesday. I told myself if they didn't arrive by today I would have to post that they were missing. But there's no need: my seeds arrvived today! Yippee!

Thanks Patty, Angie, and everyone who sent me seeds. I'd say my want list is a lot shorter now, but I think I add to it every day.

~CA

• paulan70
    14 years ago

YES I finally got my seeds they have been sitting in the post office since thursday but I didn't have a chance to get them until today. And let me just say WOW. You ladies and gentlemen(if there are any out there in this swap) has really out done yourselves. Thank you so much for the wide variety of seeds. I will be changing my want list now that is for sure there are so many that I wanted and many that I did not know I wanted until I got them. hehe

It is so hard to just name one person as special. Since in my book everyone who sent seeds to someone is special. Thank you patty and angela and angie for doing this swap I really appreciate it.

Paula

• highalttransplant
    14 years ago

Paula, that is so true about everyone in this swap being special!

Just to give you an idea about how many cool things I received, last year I wintersowed about 125 containers, and after receiving my seeds from this swap, my grow list for '10 is already up to 175, and I'm sure it will get even longer before it's over with. I have no idea where I will plant it all though ...

Thanks again to everyone!!!

Bonnie

14 years ago

Thanks for looking for it, Toni. I found out that it's airing on the Fox channel during most, if not all, the pro football games going on, so there's plenty more games to be able to see the commercial. Oh, I really hope that it airs up north, but since Southwest Airlines is mostly in the southern states, it may not. :-(

Blessings,
    Angela

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

Oh NO we are big with SW airlines here!! With our major airport being seatac, we have huge numbers of SW Airlines going out and coming in. I would imagine it depends on each city and amount of airlines coming in.

We'll keep watching for you Angelady...I'm sure well get a glimpse soon ;)

Take care...

Toni

• tammyinwv
    14 years ago

myspace layouts
    Still waiting on my seeds to arrive after the mix up. I just hope its not my original package,lol
    Tammy

• slo_garden
    14 years ago

I got my package today and WOW!! I can't believe the number and variety of seeds that I got. Hubby said, "Those are all for YOU?" Thank you so much to all of you and especially Patty for hosting this!! I'm especially excited by the garlic that I got from Toni (dirtdiggin). The only thing is that the labels got wet and I can't read what variety of garlic they are. One says Something Purple? and the other I can't read at all. Can Toni or anyone enlighten me? I'm going to go outside and start planning on where to put all of this :)

• Sweet Sakura
    14 years ago

Hey, slo_garden,

I had some smudged garlic labels also. I've deciphered mine to read "Italian Purple" and "Ontario Purple Trillium". Hope this helps.

~CA

• stage_rat
    14 years ago

Angelady, I'd love to see the commercial, but all the games my mom watches are on ESPN. I told her to yell if it comes on, though.

It's so nice to read of everyone's excitement. I have been keeping myself distracted by looking at the Hazzard's catalog and adding things to my wants list!

• tammyinwv
    14 years ago

Horaaayyyy!! I am doing the Happy Dance!

My seeds arrived today!!. A beautiful big bag of seeds! Thanks everyone for their generous efforts to make this a fantastic swap.
    Tammy

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

Slo - There is Purple Italian which I'm sure is what the first one is...unless they are bulbils. If they are cloves, it could be Silver Rose, Shilla, Extra Hardy German and Symphony. It could be any one of the later. Are they cloves or bulbils? Are the cloves large or small? Elongated or short and fat? And what is the color? If you could describe them I can probably tell you what type they are.

Toni

• poisondartfrog
    14 years ago

My post earlier post disappeared. I am getting very excited awaiting my seeds as well. Patty is a wonderful hostess!
    stage_rat, I just placed a seed order to Hazzard's too. I wanted to make sure I took advantage of the coupon before it expires tomorrow night.
    Have a great New Year everyone!
    Alana

• slo_garden
    14 years ago

Toni,

This reminds me of the game that you all were playing (trying to identify the plant from clues)when we were all waiting for our seeds. I agree that the first one is Italian Purple. That would make sense with what I can read off the label. As far as the second one: they are cloves and appear to be medium-sized in all aspects. The color is hard to determine as the skins are coming off and they are starting to sprout. I don't know how to post pictures on here (Yes, I know I really should learn), so maybe I could email you photos? If we can't figure out what they are, no biggie. I'll grow them and eat them regardless :)

Megan

• slo_garden
    14 years ago

Also, I got some Silver Rose from another player and they are thinner and more elongated than these mystery ones, so we can eliminate that one. I'm excited about trying all of these new varieties!

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

Slo - they are either shilla or symphony. If the cloves are about the same size as the Purple Italian, then they are Symphony and if they are larger, they are Shilla.

LOL now I can wipe my forehead lol. Hope that helps :) So you have a hardneck and a softneck variety.

• slo_garden
    14 years ago

They are about the same size, so Symphony it is. Thanks so much!!

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

Figured it was Symphony cause it was already sprouting. :)

Good luck with them....yummmy home grown garlic lol.

Take care.

Toni

• austinnhanasmom
    14 years ago

All I can say is WOW and THANK YOU!!

ok - of course I can say more...

I received so many wonderful seeds, I can't wait for winter sowing to begin!! When I have winter sowing going, I can start the veggies and herbs!! I received lettuces and herbs I've never heard of!!

Ya'll - for next year's swap, I'll take photos of these 2010 plants that I know will be A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!

Thanks Patty, Angela and Angie and participants!!

Happy Gardening -

Deb (austinnhanasmom)

• bhnash
    14 years ago

Yay! My seeds arrived today too. DD and I had a great time sorting through them. She's picked a few for herself, and wanted to plant them NOW! LOL. Maybe I'll have her sow some milk jugs tomorrow.
    I know my wishlist is full of rarer plants, so thank you so much to everyone who sent in seeds for me. What a wonderful swap!

• poisondartfrog
    14 years ago

I got a most excellent package of seeds today! I was almost finished with the list of tomato seeds I need to purchase, but now I may not order any at all. Thanks for all of the great Sunflowers, Zinnias and all of the other plants I requested as well.
    Great job as usual Patty. I look forward next time.
    Happy New Year!
    Alana

• Iris ( ranegrow ) z7 Maryland
    14 years ago

Happy New Year everyone !! Hope you all have a happy, healthy and prosperous 2010 and hope your garden grows beautifully with all the wonderful seeds we have shared with each other !

~Iris

• suecirish
    14 years ago

I received my package of seeds today. Quite a surprise as I wasn't expecting to get them yet. I am delighted with the selection, and I really have to say a sincere thanks to Patty and Angie for the time and consideration they gave to putting my package together. It is very much appreciated. And I want to thank everyone who participated in the swap for the seeds they sent specifically for me and in general. I don't want to really single anybody out, BUT... I have to give one very special thanks to the person who sent the Irish Fleabane - you know who you are! That was an awesome surprise and a wonderful gift. Thank you.

Happy New Year to all - with wishes for a safe, healthy, prosperous and lucky! 2010...
    ~Sue

• morguegirl
    14 years ago

Hi All,

I was lying in bed last night with a stomach virus when my husband, coming in from 7-11 with some ginger ale, delivered the package sent from Patty.Going through all the wonderful seeds sent in for me, I was overwhelmed with everyone's great generosity. The people on GW are the best! When things are not going well, all I have to do is log onto my computer to cheer myself up. Thanks so much to Patty and to Angie, as well as all the participants in this swap. My memorial garden for my dad will be beautiful, thanks to all of you. If anyone wants anything I was going to send in for the swap, please just shoot me an E-Mail and I will send them out to you.

Happy and Healthy New Year to you all.

Amy

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

Just have to sayÂand will be posting a well deserved review for Patty and AngieÂI am beyond words with this swap.

Yes I posted how happy I was with the package received, but more importantly, IÂve also received communication back from many that I sent packages in for, who received the items I sent in for them. While last yearÂs swap was wonderful as well, IÂm even more impressed with the outcome this year. IÂm so glad we were able to post special requests on items sent inÂand they arrived to the participant they were intended for. The integrity behind the Hostess and Co-Hostess is beyond anything anyone could hope for in a RR swap.

I know what kind of an undertaking this swap was, so my hatÂs off to Patty for her incredible methods of dealing with such an amazing amount of participants and seed packages. The attention to detail was impeccable.

If this swap continues, which I hope it goes on for years to come, you can count on my participation and promotion of it.

Thank you so much for everythingÂI canÂt offer enough thanks to Hostess / Co-Hostess and Participants, for all the wonderful choices sent in to me.

I hope everyone had a WONDERFUL AND SAFE New year!

Toni

• agirlsgirl
    14 years ago

Hi all! I hope everyone had fantastic holidays! :) I dont have much time right now,but will be back to read the posts! ;)

All envies have been sent except 1! So if there isnt anything next to your name,you have been sent!:)

Luvgardening,Patty needs your address. So if you could please send it to me via an email that would be wonderful! Patty misplaced it and cant find it!I am going to try and email you as well! :P

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!
    I'll be back! :)

• luvgardening2
    14 years ago

Angie, I emailed you through GW and I received your email too.

Nancy

• kilngod
    14 years ago

OMG I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Thankyouthankyou!

:)
    I'm sooooooo excited to get these!

• molanic
    14 years ago

Holy cow! I got my seeds today. :) :) :) Yes, this calls for at least three smiley faces. Big thanks to everyone. I'm going to need a bigger seed box...and a bigger yard! Now I have to start getting organized, start sowing, and of course do a couple more swaps. :)

Thanks again everyone!

-Molanic

• sguanzon
    14 years ago

I received my package of seeds on Saturday. Thank you so much Patty for all your hard work and the wonderful selections you made for me. Also thanks to all who sent in seeds marked for me.

I can't wait to plant.

Thanks again.

Sue G.

• sassybutterfly_2008
    14 years ago

Patty, I received my lovely big pack o' seed before Christmas, but we've all been really sick with the flu. We're just now starting to join the land of the living again lol. I just today, started sorting thru my pack and I just wanted to say thankyou very very much for all the time spent on sorting and sifting and (cursing I'm sure..lol) I'm very pleased with my assortment and am looking forward to starting some WS'ing very soon and planning my 2010 gardens!

Hugs to all, seriously I'm not germy anymore..lol
    ~Wendy / sassyb...