Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

o
Part 10: pattygrow5's WLOMWLS

Posted by pattygrow5 z6Pa (pattygrow5@yahoo.com) on
Wed, Dec 9, 09 at 23:07

OK! Here is the new thread!

Recap:
~Patty's computer is down.
~Me,Angie,will be relaying any messages or questions to Patty. So please contact me via email,if there is something you need me to relay to her.
~The mailing is about to begin, and I will post lists of those that are mailed when I get them from Patty!
~Pictures of Patty's winter/fall garden and our hostess gifts are provided in a link here

Enjoy the anticipation! :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Patty's gardens and our hostess gifts!:)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Another Angie boo-boo

"ME will be relaying any messages or questions to Patty"?????

Honestly I did make it past kindergarten...lol..Of course I meant,"I will be relaying any messages or questions to Patty."
I never seize to amaze myself!(sigh) :)

o
Me again!

OMG! I dont even think I thanked those that sent hostess gifts! Of course Patty and I loved them!:)
I am munching on the candy cane Lisa sent as we speak!;)
Both Patty and myself were not expecting gifts,but they were such a wonderful surprise to both of us and very much appreciated! Thanks girls!:)

o
RE: Part 10: pattygrow5's WLOMWLS

Now I am getting really excite I can't wait to see what my envie comes home stuffed with.Just a late birthday present for me. Yeah

Paula

o

• Posted by dorisl 5 NW Chicago burbs (My Page) on
    Thu, Dec 10, 09 at 15:49

me is excited about receiving she package

I think pronouns is more like 4th grade than kindergarden.....

;)

Angie howareya ?

o

Happy belated Bday Paula! :)

LOL Doris! I am doing well,how about yourself? I did get your email,thanks so much,that email made my day! I will replying soon! :)

I just wanted to let everyone know,that if you did not receive seeds from me,it is because I knew there was ALOT sent in for you and didn't want to add to the chaos,there is no other reason than that. I just don't want anyone thinking that I don't love them anymore!;)

I hope you all are excited.....you should be!:)

o

I am soooo excited to recieve my envie. I'm thinking it will, hands down, be the best Christmas gift I recieve this year :)

o

I'm thinking it will, hands down, be the best Christmas gift I recieve this year :)

I was going to instantly agree with that too, but BF bought me a new printer here a while back as an early Christmas gift. Mine conked out at the worst possible time (isn't that usually the case) and he/we got me all fixed up really quick.

Patty got any idea what is wrong with her computer? The computer itself, or maybe her ISP? Hope she gets fixed up quickly. I know how I feel when mine is 'down'.

I've finally started belatedly on my fall housecleaning and have been working on the kitchen today. I figure if/when the weather breaks I'm going to want to be playing outside if at all possible. Each winter I 'intend' to do some serious cleaning and painting and before I know it spring has sprung and I have procrastinated too long.

Mid Feb spring thaw is only a little over 2 months away here...Whoo-Hoo!

o

Yes like Christmas! :D

Patty said her computer is dead,I don't think it is the ISP,from what I got from her is that she is getting nothing from it. Her hubby is computer savvy,so if there was something that could be done,he would have already done it.
It stinks it happened right now,not only because of the swap,but it is the holidays and not everybody can just run out and buy a new computer for themselves. So there is a possibility that we may not see Patty online for awhile....sigh...:(
Who knows maybe her hubby or one of his buddies will be able to figure out what it is and maybe be able to bring it back! I have my fingers crossed for her! :)

o

Hi everyone!

Angie - thanks for helping Patty out with posting while her computer is down and for taking the time to post all those lovely pictures! I just love that unknown ajuga and curly willow - hint hint Patty! I think I see a plant trade in our future! LOL The towel and plant tags you received as hostess gifts are too cute! I'm happy to hear that you both are enjoying your new gifts!

Gotta run now, just got home and need to do some other things.

Diana

o

I just wanted to let everyone know,that if you did not receive seeds from me,it is because I knew there was ALOT sent in for you and didn't want to add to the chaos,there is no other reason than that. I just don't want anyone thinking that I don't love them anymore!;)
Oh the same here to also to you Angie. After you get all your goodies, if you see anything of mine you would like, just let me know and I'll get it out to you. K?

Oh...and a big thank you too for all your help in the swap.

Sue

o
Drum roll,please!

Ok here it goes,these are the ones that were mailed today!

1 pattygrow5
2 angelady-
3 morguegirl-
4 ilovefarac-SENT
5 ollierose-
6 sguanzon-
7 austinnhanasmom-
8 jaynine-
9 rbrady-SENT
10 stage_rat-
11 highalttransplant-
12 slo_garden-
13 kilngod-
14 conniesc-
15 ishareflowers-
16 barefootgardner12-
17 agirlsgirl-
18 lisam627_ohio_z6-
19 patty_b-
20 just1morehosta-
21 dirtdiggin-
22 joy_unspeakable-
23 poisondartfrog-
24 patrob-SENT
26 mao_tse_mom-
27 sassybutterfly-
28 ggwrn-
29 julie_mn-
31 pumkingal-
32 beverlysc-
33 sandlapper_rose-
34 ruthz-
35 bhnash-
36 gardenmom2-
37 jas_il-SENT
38 strmywthr3-
39 debby_1-SENT
41 suecirish-
42 sunset_in-
43 paulan70-
45 sakura_komichi-
46 sandysgardens-
47 vikingkirken-
48 drippy-
49 tammyinwv-
50 molanic-
51 chemocurl-
52 gmom2-6boys-SENT
53 smitties-
54 proudgm_03-SENT
56 rane_grow-
57 esiuol-
58 alwaysagarden-
59 jacoblily-
60 micyrey-
61 threeshyacres-SENT
62 neohippie-SENT
63 dorisl-
64 deanna_in_nh-SENT
65 quiltingfox-
66 columbine21-
67 grovespirit-
68 hibiscusfan-SENT
69 luvgardening2-

No worries Sue,you sent in plenty for me!:)
It is an honor to help Patty out,thank you all for having me! :)

I know more will be mailed soon,very soon,so keep an eye on the thread for updates!:)

Good night all,sleep tight,and the ones that are mailed,you can take your eyes off the mailbox,they don't deliver this late,unfortunately!;)

Angie

o

Hi ya Angie! Thank you so much for all your help and for keeping us up to date.

Cindy ; )

o

Me want to thank you, too, Angie! LOL

I do hope Patty gets a working computer soon. I'd be so lost without one for ANY length of time. Also, I'm sure she would love to read all the excited posts when we get our seeds in. Let her know we totally appreciate her!

Blessings,
Angela

o

I will pass on the well wishes!:)
I am hoping I have enough ink left to print out comments for her,I think she would really like to see how each person enjoyed their seeds!:)
I am starting to believe Patty's computer has a mind of it's own and a twisted sense of humor! I don't know if some of you remember last year around this time it happened too!

Well,I am off to bed,I am weary and cranky...lol...nite nite

o

Yay! Yay! Yay! I can hardly wait for my package in the mail!! I will be running to the mailbox every morning and not even noticing this bitter cold =)

o

Me goodness, Angie, have you been getting enough sleep? :) Dare I even point out that it's "cease to amaze," or would you prefer to not know about that one? Oops, cat's out of the bag now! :P

Thanks for posting those photos, but I can't believe you "forgot" to take pictures of all those seeds! It's because the moment you saw them, you tossed the camera aside to roll in them, right? And then the camera wouldn't work after that. That's what would have happened to me!

o

Fri, Dec 11, 09 at 15:33

Annette, OMG, if I had to sort 12000 seeds Id be seizing also, I think she chose the right word for that one!

lol!

o

hee hee hee.

Stagerat said "roll in them". hee hee hee. (that's a reference to my joke from last year. hee hee hee.)

Yup, she and I must've been twins separated at birth. 11,111. Now year-long-gone joke connections.

This is too much!
(From your earlier comment -- I'm eastern time, nearly central, and haven't had pretzels in the house for a while --- but I like them, a LOT.)

(***Columbine....remember after you get your seeds, for winning the guess you can raid my list if you'd like -- up to 40 packs.)

---TwilightZoneTina

o

vikingkirken...I read it that way too at first. But then noticed the SENT next to certain names. Ours haven't shipped yet...wow I looked at that list and thought HOLY COW how did those two get all that done so quickly lol.... I'll be right there at the mailbox when they do ship ;) ohhh the anticipation and waiting for those received posts....it's so fun!!! Stay warm....it's blasted cold out there!!!!!!!

o
Awesome!! RE: Part 10: pattygrow5's WLOMWLS

MINE SHIPPED MINE SHIPPED!!! Ooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I can't wait to get my package!!!

Thanks for all your hard work, Patty and Angie!

Deanna

P.S. Can we post anything about the seeds that we received, or is that supposed to not be known?

o

Well, we did post last year about how excited we were and some of the things we were blown away by. I suppose it would be fine to do it again this year. :-)

Blessings,
Angela

o

LOL stage rat,Unbelievable! Maybe I was seizing...lol...actually I have alot going on right now preparing for the holidays and Diana's visit! Late nights and endless days,I am surprised I even remember who I am! :)
Yes the seeds did side track me,the thoughts of rolling in them did occur too! :)

Bragging about seeds is alright with me! :)

No word from Patty yet today,I am off to do some shopping and will be out most of the evening,so there may not be any word until tomorrow!
Until then......have fun! :)

o

This has been the worst for health wise for me,, but waiting on my great package of seeds is a true blessing,,will be watching the mail man,, thank you girls so very much,,,,Merry Christmas to you all...Lisa

o

Yeaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!I received my package today and spent the afternoon taking them out a few at a time and shouting woopie with every handful. My best Christmas gift ever. Great job Patty and Angie and many thanks to all in the swap for all the great seeds! Can't wait for spring to plant and will start some winter sowing before long. Suzanne

o

What a wonderful suprise!!!!

I got my package of seeds. There are so many I don't know where to begin. THANK YOU each and every one of you. I'm speechless. I will start my wintersowing right soon. Maybe tomorrow. We have so much snow they will be well protected for the winter.

Where and how do you organize this? How to start? Any help or ideas.

Now the seeds have arrived I do have a few questions, should they be asked here or another place.

Some seed packs don't have a senders name on them so I don't know who to thank.

My extra seeds were sent back to me. Was this for a special reason or did you not need them. They were to be used for who or what ever. But that is ok.

Many, many thanks.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
gmom2-6boys

o

Tina, you have a really nice trade list and that is a kind offer! I guess I will have to see where I am after my seeds arrive from Patty...so many wonderful seeds and not enough room to plant them, ya know what I mean?
Take care.

Rebekah

o

Ooh! OOH! I hope I get mine soon!

o

Wow!! I got my seeds yesterday. I am so excited and very much pleased with what I got. I can't wait to start wintersowing. It was such a good christmas gift. Thank you everybody for sending such a good selections. My special thanks to everyone who sent the requested seeds. Patty thank you so much for all the hardwork. Thank you for the special card and extra seed packets. I am so full and satisfied and I think I don't need to join another swap.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Jasmine

o

Wow! Some of you got them pretty quick! :)

I am so happy you ladies are so happy with your seeds! :)

I didn't make it to Patty's today,we had an ice storm early on in the day and it messed up everything! Patty is still working on the final envies as we speak,if she doesn't finish them before the weeks end I will be going over to help her. The weekdays are impossible between life here and Patty's job,so I can only help her on the weekends. I was really hoping to be there today,it is down to the truly hard envies to pack up and I would have loved to been there to help her! Darn weather!

Patty said she will be mailing a bunch of envies on Tuesday. That will be her first chance to make it to the PO before work.:)

I hope everyone had a nice weekend! I will be sure to post those that are mailed on Tuesday evening,so be sure to check back,you may be on the list! :)

o
Sorry!

gmom,I will relay your questions to Patty and let you know what she says!:)

o

Words are beyond me right now!! I am amazed at the wonderful selection of seeds sent to me in my package! There isn't a one that I am not going to plant!!
Many Thanks to all who sent seeds in for me! Very much appreciated! And many, many thanks go to Patti and Angie for the work put in for us to get the special seeds we hoped for!!
I am almost crying I am so happy with them! This is my best Christmas present I will receive by far!!
Thanks from the bottom of my heart! Hugs, Melinda

o

Awwwww!!!!!!!! It's SO touching to hear the comments from those that have received their packages! It was a lot of work for all us, but well worth it when we get to read the joy (and tears in some cases) from our great GW friends/family!

Blessings,
Angela

o

Hi,
Got my package Saturday, but had to wait till today to get online. It was way beyond my expectations. My husband is worried that I'm going to try to start all of the seeds. I would love to be able to do that. Everyone is truly generous with their seeds and their time. I can't wait until next year when my stash is bigger and I can return the generosity.
Thank you very much.
Debby

o

What a tremendous bag of seeds I found in my mailbox today! It's better than Christmas! I can't believe how many of my wishes have been filled along with some very nice surprises. Thank you to all who shared your seeds with me, and special thanks to Pattie and Angie for all the sorting and packing.
Patricia

o

Ok now I am just getting anxious about the next wave of envies going out. I like seeds, I need my seeds, hehe OMG I sound like a a a a seed addict.

Ok hello my name is Paula and I am very addicted to seeds. Its been about 2 days since I last looked at a catalog but about 2 or so months since I bought my latest err last pack of seeds. Thank you

Sorry couldn't help myself

Paula

o

I received my envelope! You all did a wonderful job of packing (and picking) the right things! I am very pleased. You have my deepest gratitude for hostessing this enormous swap. I don't know how you do it, but thank you!

o

Good Morning, Patty and Gardeners,

I also received my seeds, either Friday or Saturday...yay! There was lots of great stuff in there, and it is nice to see that another gardener handpicked the selections for you.

I can't wait to start planting!

Thanks so much,
Jodi B.
'ThreeShyAcres'
: )

o

Paula that was hilarious! I am feelin' your pain girl!

Take care everyone,
Wendy / sassyb..

o
(:-( RE: Part 10: pattygrow5's WLOMWLS

(sigh..........)

My mail route must be especially slow. No envelope yet. Giddy-up, post office!

o

I run out and check to see if mail man forgot my package he thinks I am nuts always running out the door after him,,,oh the anticipation is killing me,,I can wait I really can,,hehe Mery Christmas to you all, Lisa

o

Can't wait to get that big envelope of seeds, am so excited.
It is getting really cold here like freezing at night - brrrr!

Best to you,
quiltingfox

o

• Posted by rbrady 5/Eastern Ia (My Page) on
    Thu, Dec 17, 09 at 9:38

I received my seeds yesterday!!!!! Wow is all I can say! Patty (and Angie) always do an awesome job. I love all of them. Thanks for all your hard work-I can't wait to start wintersowing some of them, only a few more days left.

Thanks to everyone for the great seed selection-and a HUGE thanks to Patty and Angie for an awesome job!

Rhonda

o

Patty did not get to mail on Tuesday,she went in to the PO before work and their were at least 30 people in line. She could not wait it out and had to get to work. She did give me these names yesterday and I didn't get a chance to post them last night! There are a few more that were mailed along with these,but my note is missing! I will get those names off Patty today! :) So here are the latest:

1 pattygrow5- Received
2 angelady-SENT
3 morguegirl-
4 ilovefarac-SENT
5 ollierose-
6 sguanzon-
7 austinnhanasmom-
8 jaynine-
9 rbrady-SENT
10 stage_rat-
11 highalttransplant-
12 slo_garden-
13 kilngod-
14 conniesc-
15 ishareflowers-
16 barefootgardner12-
17 agirlsgirl-Received
18 lisam627_ohio_z6-
19 patty_b-
20 just1morehosta-
21 dirtdiggin-
22 joy_unspeakable-
23 poisondartfrog-
24 patrob-SENT
26 mao_tse_mom-
27 sassybutterfly-SENT
28 ggwrn-
29 julie_mn-
31 pumkingal-
32 beverlysc-
33 sandlapper_rose-
34 ruthz-
35 bhnash-
36 gardenmom2-
37 jas_il-SENT
38 strmywthr3-
39 debby_1-SENT
41 suecirish-
42 sunset_in-
43 paulan70-
45 sakura_komichi-
46 sandysgardens-
47 vikingkirken-SENT
48 drippy-
49 tammyinwv-
50 molanic-
51 chemocurl-
52 gmom2-6boys-SENT
53 smitties-
54 proudgm_03-SENT
56 rane_grow-
57 esiuol-
58 alwaysagarden-
59 jacoblily-SENT
60 micyrey-SENT
61 threeshyacres-SENT
62 neohippie-SENT
63 dorisl-SENT
64 deanna_in_nh-SENT
65 quiltingfox-
66 columbine21-
67 grovespirit-
68 hibiscusfan-SENT
69 luvgardening2-

DC#'s. All the numbers in the DC are the same but the last four digits. So I am going to post the largest common portion and put the last 4 digits after your name:

angelady-5019
vikingkirken-5033
sassybutterfly-5057
micyrey-5040
Doris1-5026

Patty is not sure if she will be able to get these all out before Christmas. Some unexpected things have come up and the holidays are busy for all of us. Dont worry though,you will get them and you will be happy with them! :)

Have a great day!

o

Patty is not sure if she will be able to get these all out before Christmas. Some unexpected things have come up and the holidays are busy for all of us.

wet cat

Just kidding...I'll be awaitin just whenever it arrives and don't want Patty to stress herself out because of me getting mine. Just for fun, I think I will just go buy me a new washer, as I have been sort of needing a new one and have been looking at them a good bit on line. That can be my excitement until the seeds arrive.

Please tell Patty not to worry. I'll live.

Sue

o

Yes! Please tell her not to worry about mine too! Life is full of the unexpected - don't we all know. It will be a package for me to look forward to after the holidays.

Thanks guys for all of your hard work and I hope you have a very Merry Christmas! - Lisa

o

Don't worry about mine, either. Happy Holidays everybody.

o

Love your cat Sue!
tammy

o

Oh,I love the cat picture also.:0)
Patty and Angie, don't worry about mine either, i won't start to WS now any way,we are all so busy this time of year, this will give us all time to get another goodie in the mail,even after Christmas,
Do you all have you shopping finished?
I only have one more to buy,then i will be done,i am wrapping them all now,so much fun.
Merry Christmas every one.
cAROL

o

You are all so sweet and I will be sure to tell her! Thanks ladies! :)
Sue,cute cat!

I just talked to Patty and a bunch more went out today! :)

1 pattygrow5- Received
2 angelady-SENT
3 morguegirl-
4 ilovefarac-SENT
5 ollierose-
6 sguanzon-
7 austinnhanasmom-
8 jaynine-
9 rbrady-SENT
10 stage_rat-
11 highalttransplant-SENT
12 slo_garden-
13 kilngod-
14 conniesc-
15 ishareflowers-
16 barefootgardner12-
17 agirlsgirl-Received
18 lisam627_ohio_z6-
19 patty_b-
20 just1morehosta-
21 dirtdiggin-
22 joy_unspeakable-
23 poisondartfrog-
24 patrob-SENT
26 mao_tse_mom-
27 sassybutterfly-SENT
28 ggwrn-
29 julie_mn-
31 pumkingal-
32 beverlysc-SENT
33 sandlapper_rose-SENT
34 ruthz-SENT
35 bhnash-
36 gardenmom2-
37 jas_il-SENT
38 strmywthr3-SENT
39 debby_1-SENT
41 suecirish-
42 sunset_in-
43 paulan70-
45 sakura_komichi-
46 sandysgardens-
47 vikingkirken-SENT
48 drippy-
49 tammyinwv-SENT
50 molanic-
51 chemocurl-SENT
52 gmom2-6boys-SENT
53 smitties-
54 proudgm_03-SENT
56 rane_grow-
57 esiuol-
58 alwaysagarden-
59 jacoblily-SENT
60 micyrey-SENT
61 threeshyacres-SENT
62 neohippie-SENT
63 dorisl-SENT
64 deanna_in_nh-SENT
65 quiltingfox-SENT
66 columbine21-
67 grovespirit-
68 hibiscusfan-SENT
69 luvgardening2-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DC#'s 030820400023990****

chemocurl~**** = 9366

quiltingfox~**** = 9359

I am going to go through and mark those that have received,I should have been doing that all along! :P

o

Wow! I sure didn't expect mine so soon! I kind of figured I'd be one of the last ones like I was last year. I can hardly wait! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!

Blessings,
Angela

o

• Posted by ruthz 8a D/FW TX (My Page) on
    Thu, Dec 17, 09 at 18:00

Chemocurl
I've been laughing for 5 minutes.
That Cat post is great.

o

Whoo-Hoo! Mine was one that went out today after all.

Photobucket

o

I'm happy to wait - too much other stuff going on, anyway!

o

wow.. wow.. wow..

I came home tonight to a huge surprise. I wasn't even on the list as someone whose seeds were on their way. Best surprise ever!!!

Thanks Patty and Angie for all your hard work. Thanks to everyone who participated. You are santa's best elves!!!
I received items that I never thought that I would. wow woot!!! woot!! Happy Holidays everyone.

o

Thank you for getting mine mailed out so soon. I hope to be able to mail to Chrizty before Christmas with a nice surprise in addition to the seeds and hope it really puts a smile on her face. Thanks a bunch!! :-)

Best to you and Merry Christmas!,
quiltingfox

o

Patty and Angie, You both need to slow down on this swap and enjoy the holiday time. It goes by all too quickly. As others have stated, I'm fine with getting mine after Christmas. No time to winter sow and if I do find time, I have plenty to choose from here that I can do.

Now go and enjoy your families and have some Holdiay fun!!

Sandy

o

hmmm...I did a search via the Click and Ship and neither Conf # are coming up.

Might there be a digit missing? Unless she printed postage at home, they should have been scanned into the system.

Can you tell I'm

bug2

(antsy?)

Here is a link that might be useful: USPS Track and Confirm

o

LOL! That's so funny, Sue!

My confirmation came up in the system with tracking.... hmmm...

Blessings,
Angela

o

Fri, Dec 18, 09 at 15:15

Sue

You silly goose, you know ur supposed to use the Santa Tracker for this package, not the usps!!!!

o

I checked the delivery confirmation number and it does not show up in the USPS Track and Confirm system online. Thinking there is a number missing - only 19 numbers posted and there should 20 - 4 numbers space 4 numbers space etc.

Best to you,
quiltingfox

o

Ok, Nancy Drew got it figured out by looking at the previous ones.

It is

0308 2040 0002 3990 9366

and 9359 for Sandra.

It just shows it was mailed yesterday at 8:38, with no further updates, and the same for Sandra's. I just got back from town, and was so hoping it 'might' have gotten here in one day.

off to unpack...
Sue

o

Oh cool, that number worked. Thanks Sue!! Hope everyone has a Warm and Loving Christmas and a New Year of Good Health and Plentiful Gardens!!

Best to you and many thanks,
quiltingfox

o

Fri, Dec 18, 09 at 19:48

mines in ELK GROVE VILLAGE!!!

maybe tomorrow!

yippee!!!

o

Dorisl, I guess the Reindeer (aka Elk) needed a pit stop?

Enjoy your seeds, everyone, and Patty, take a break!

Happy Holidays, everyone, especially to my psychic twin! :)

o

Happy Holidays All -

Angie - please tell Patty mine can wait wait wait!!

I'm not there to do that happy dance anyway:))

o

Finally got my seeds today that Patty mailed last week. I've been waiting, watching for the mail lady, every day. I got some wonderful seeds!

My wish list was pitifully small, but I listed general herbs, and patty set me up with some fantastic and much-needed herbs. All you people that sent in herbs, THANK YOU! Ollierose sent me fennels and cilantro, dirtdiggin sent me mammoth dill, basil, and a fennel (different variety than ollierose), gmom26boys sent me sage and chives, angelady sent me sweet marjoram, then unnamed people sent me common and slow-bolt cilantro, thai purple basil, dill, smoky fennel, globe basil, italian parsley, true greek oregano, Laura flat-leaved parsley, pesto basil, and summer savory. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?! ALL THOSE DIFFERENT KINDS OF HERBS! No doubling up on seeds or repeats.

Then on top of that I got tomatos, squash, lettuce, and collards. That last one is pretty funny. I'm a former Georgia girl who lives way up north, and you'll never believe what I had cooking today before I went to the mailbox--collard greens! It's been a long time, but a store up here carries them, so tonight was black-eyed peas and collard greens night. I miss collards. I hope I can get these seeds to grow way up here!

Then the flowers are too numerous to mention, and all wonderful. Several kinds of poppies, several kinds of asclepias (tuberosas and perennials), lambs ears, violas/johnny-jump-ups, and gaillardias (I'm figuring out that you could fill up a whole yard just with the different kinds of gaillardias out there!), and delphiniums. Also got mountain bluett (I honestly didn't think I'd get that one--thank you jaynine!), cornflower, and globe amaranth.

What an amazing pot of fantastic seeds! I've read that delphiniums wintersow well, and I am excited about getting them going! Tried some from seed last year the "normal" way and it was a clearcut failure. Thank you all so much for sending me so many great seeds. This has truly been a fun swap, with results far beyond what I expected. Really, patty, you clearly put some serious effort into getting me a variety of seeds without repeats. It's truly fantastic. It's no wonder people keep coming back.

And, agirlsagirl, I LOVE my Chocolate Orange prize and the other surprises! They are wonderful!! I still can't believe I guessed a flower. Thanks so much for your generosity. I can't wait to grow them all!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL, AND THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Deanna

o

Sat, Dec 19, 09 at 8:28

"Dorisl, I guess the Reindeer (aka Elk) needed a pit stop? "

:)

o

Patty & Angie, No worries 'bout me -- it's fine if mine arrive in January. I have plenty of seeds to start sowing after Christmas to keep me busy. Enough to roll in here already. (sheesh. that's pathetic.)

"Psychic Twins Activate." "Shape of a RottoTiller." "Form of a Soaker Hose."

(Okay, am I totally showing exactly what age I am?)

Happy Holidays everyone! :) Especially my "other half". :)
--Tina

o

Other twin?
What have i missed?
cAROL

o

Okay, I have a confession to make. I just went out in the dark with a flashlight, and walked a block in the ice & snow to check the mailbox for my package. It wasn't there, but I did have a couple of cards from the Secret Santa swap, and another seed catalog : )

I'm just a little excited, LOL!

Bonnie

o

Hi Everyone,
So glad to see alot of packages sent!! Can't wait to see a big "Sent" beside my name too!

Doris,
hope that Reindeer (Elk) makes it to your mailbox very soon, and no more pit stops! ; )

Bonnie,
Sounds like you had a profitable walk in the snow after all! Made me laugh when you said it was in the dark with a flashlight... oh my you really want those seeds... LOL ; )

Cindy

o

Carol, For the "How many seed packets were sent in" game, StageRat & I both guessed 11,111...at exactly the same posting minute. Freaky. Then she tapped back into the "Patty rolling in seed packs" joke I started up last year. Freaky.

So we're Psychic Twins now. I'm suggesting we replace the Wonder Twins from the old Superfriends cartoon. Can you see us flying around zapping the weeds away with one beam of a Freeze laser? Way cool.

--Tina

o

Sun, Dec 20, 09 at 13:51

Hi Guys!

I did get my package yesterday and its always amazing to open those. I shall have to delete my whole want list!

The reindeers left me some stuff for the compost bin also.

Some of you guys know that Busse Woods in Elk Grove Village actually has some elks or reindeers to some kind of big animal with antlers. Its a brain fart when you see them!

heehee!

Thanks to Patti and to Angie and Merry Xmas to Everybody.

D

o

Oh, My heavens! I got my package, too! Of course, there's way too many awesome things to list every one, but I can definitely say that there's no need for me to do any other swaps at all! I think it took me 2 hours to go through every wonderful packet, and I enjoyed every single minute of it!

I was totally in awe over some of the special seeds sent in for me. I would have been happy with even 2 or 3 seeds of some of them, but I received some generous amounts in some cases. You ladies/gentlemen really blow me away! Thank you so much for your generosity! Thank you, Patty, for your tremendous undertaking that you spent countless hours on for us, and thank you, Angie, for your dedication to helping Patty accomplish this big feat! WoWWee!!!!.... Me very happy! LOL

Blessings,
Angela

o

Hi everybody I am late with this and I am sorry! You are such a great group of people and I hope each one of you is blessed with something special this holiday season,because you really deserve it! :)

Ok here it is girls:

1 pattygrow5- Received
2 angelady-SENT
3 morguegirl-
4 ilovefarac-SENT
5 ollierose-
6 sguanzon-
7 austinnhanasmom-SENT
8 jaynine-
9 rbrady-SENT
10 stage_rat-
12 slo_garden-
13 kilngod-
14 conniesc-
15 ishareflowers-
16 barefootgardner12-
17 agirlsgirl-Received
18 lisam627_ohio_z6-SENT
19 patty_b-
20 just1morehosta-
21 dirtdiggin-
22 joy_unspeakable-SENT
23 poisondartfrog-
24 patrob-SENT
26 mao_tse_mom-
27 sassybutterfly-SENT
28 ggwrn-
29 julie_mn-
31 pumkingal-SENT
32 beverlysc-SENT
33 sandlapper_rose-SENT
34 ruthz-SENT
35 bhnash-
36 gardenmom2-
37 jas_il-SENT
38 strmywthr3-SENT
39 debby_1-SENT
41 suecirish-
42 sunset_in-SENT
43 paulan70-
45 sakura_komichi-
46 sandysgardens-
47 vikingkirken-SENT
48 drippy-
49 tammyinwv-SENT
50 molanic-
51 chemocurl-SENT
52 gmom2-6boys-SENT
53 smitties-
54 proudgm_03-SENT
56 rane_grow-SENT
57 esiuol-
58 alwaysagarden-
59 jacoblily-SENT
60 micyrey-SENT
61 threeshyacres-SENT
62 neohippie-SENT
63 dorisl-SENT
64 deanna_in_nh-SENT
65 quiltingfox-SENT
66 columbine21-
67 grovespirit-
68 hibiscusfan-SENT
69 luvgardening2-

DC#'s

sunset_in~03082690000132565071

ranegrow~0308339000111723447

I will be back with more soon! Back to wrapping presents for me! Have a great day all!:)

o

Oh Goodie, now can really chase down mail man for a reason,hehe,,thank you and a very merry christmas Patty,,Lisa

o

I won't be able to access my package for at least another week, but I'm smiling at the thought!!

Happy Holidays All -

o

Stopped by the mailbox on my way home from finishing my Christmas shopping, and found my package! Yippee!!! It took me at least 20 minutes to go through it all, and I have a small pile that I need to do some research on. I just wanted to say that out of all of the swaps I have ever done, this one is my absolute favorite. Most large swaps, you get a few wants, and a lot of stuff you can't use. This swap, is the exact opposite. Tons of stuff from my want list, stuff not on the want list, but still desirable, and only a couple of things to pass on to others.

I hate to just single out one person, since so many sent in wonderful things for me, but there is one person that sent in a lot of things that were hard to fill wishes, uncommon flowers that I didn't expect to receive, and that person is Jaynine. You have the most awesome seed collection, thank you so much for sharing with me! In the veggie department, I think the person with the most extensive collection might be Dirtdiggin! There were also lots of cool things from Drippy, Sueirish, Ollierose, Agirlsgirl and ...
Of course, I also received a lot of wishes from folks that didn't put their names on the packets, so I can't thank them personally, but you know who you are. I am so thankful to each and every person that sent something in for me.

Thank you Patty and Angie for hosting! You guys did an awesome job, and I hope that you'll do it again next year.

Bonnie

o

Yippie-Yippie
Oh My you great gals Patty & Angie,,and all of you who sent me special seeds,,,you are all so the best friends any one could ever hope for,,,the love of gardening will never die,,we won't let it,,,Thank you all so much from the bottom of my heart,,and grandson's for special things just for him,,for making this the best year ever...I got sooo many that I really wanted,,,have to dig more gardens yippie,,,Merry Christmas to you all,,Lisa & Bryson

o
RE: Ooops, I almost forgot!

Oh, and I almost forgot to thank Kilngod, and Stage_rat, and Slo_garden, and, and, LOL, I think you get the idea!

Boy am I going to have to save a LOT of containers. I am going to be doing a lot of wintersowing!!!

o

Just thought to stop by to say Merry Christmas to everybody. I have a very special Christmas card for you all.

Jasmine

o

Hi Angie, I noticed that my DC # has only 19 digits ... if you get a chance can you check and see what the missing digit is ? Thank you so much for all your and Patty's hard work , I am so excited to get my package soon !! It will be the best Christmas gift !!

~Iris

o

Received my wonderful BE full of seeds today. Many thanks to all who participated and shared their seeds and to Patty and Angie for hosting the swap and giving of their time to sort so many seeds. I will be forwarding seeds on to Chrizty's house before Christmas and I know she will be thrilled.

Best to you, many thanks, Merry Christmas! and Happy New Year!,
quiltingfox

o

My seeds arrived today! What a nice surprise!

You guys are great. Thank you so much to all of you that sent in seeds for me. I hope I can pay it forward. Thank you Patty for the nice card. You did a great job! You too, Angie.

Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and Happy, Healthy New Year!!

~ Tracy

o

Mon, Dec 21, 09 at 20:12

I also found Janine's name on some really special kewl and very happy to get them kind of seeds!

Thank you!

o

rane_grow, it looks like a 0 is missing...it should be...

# 0308 3390 0001 1172 3447

Bonnie - You're more than welcome...sharing is the best part of this swap. Hope they all do well for you :)

Toni

o

Patty...
Smiley-you go girl!

Well, my wonderful surprise arrived yesterday. WOW! I am one happy old gal.

I got several wants from my list, cool tomatoes, poppies, sweet peas, morning glories, salvias, sedums, alliums, solidagoes, epatoriums, asclepias, various dills and veggies, and numerous other really good goodies.

Patty sent a nice card, letting me know I had sent in 130 things, and that after the things designated for me, she made 35 pics from the extras, and hoped she did a good job of picking.

Patty, you did an excellent job of picking and packing. I am so very pleased. I know it was probably not easy, not having a computer to check lists as you mentioned, but I really don't think you could have done any better with mine, if you had had access to a computer.

It is so much fun to see the various ways members pack and label seeds as well as the seeds themselves being so interesting. I got so many nice things too that I wasn't even aware I wanted or needed. What a nice way to get introduced to some new things. I'm just thrilled with everything.

Thanks Patty for all your time, energy, and concern.
Thank you Angie for all your assistance in the swap.
Thanks you Angela, for the 'compiled' list that helped me so much.

Thanks to all those who sent seeds specifically for me, as well as to everyone else who participated in the swap. It is hard to tell where a lot of the nice things came from, since several weren't marked. I appreciate you all for participating and making this such a wonderfully fabulous swap.

Sue

o

Tue, Dec 22, 09 at 15:01

Hello and Merry Christmas to all you wonderful GW Friends.

I got my package yesterday and really don't know what I can say that will let each of you know how much I appreciate all the work and generousity that went into this swap.
This was my first RR swap and I can't imagine that it gets any better than this.
I got sooooo many seeds that were on my list that once I update there won't be much left.
A hugh THANK YOU to Patty for taking on the job of hosting this.
A smaller hugh THANK YOU to Angie for all the helping.
You both did such an awesome job and I know you had to give up a lot of your time that you could have spent on family and holiday.
Thank you to Angela for the compiled list and to everyone that participated for gathering, sorting, packaging and SHARING your seeds.
I received such a great assortment from so many of you.

I agree with highalttransplant that I hate to mention just one or two people when all of you were so sharing but,,,,
Jaynine sent so many uncommon, much wanted seeds from my want list that I want to especially thank her.
And Dirtdiggin sent so many great heirloom tomato seeds it's going to be fun doing searches on all of them.

I hope to have more to share next year and plan to start saving seeds early in 2010 for this swap.

Happy Gardening to ALL

o

My envelope arrived today and sure made me happy. Thanks to all who participated in this wonderful swap. I see lots of different names on my packets and am happy for each packet that was sent to me! I am especially excited to get some brugmanisa seeds and the garlic... and it's hard to single one out, but especially excited to get Gloriosa Lily. This plant has fascinated me and I have never had one. I tried ordering seeds for it one year but not a single one sprouted so I am hoping for luck this time. I am also really happy to have lots of spinach to plant and pansies! Coleus seeds are great because mine grew beautifully but did not set seeds this year. I defintiely got some miniatures and variegated plants so jumping up and down happy on their account, too!
Thank you all so much and thanks once again to our hostess(es.) Happy Holidays to all!
Jeanne

o

WOW!

I got my package today, and got back quite a few more than I sent in! I haven't even gotten around to going through them all yet, I just wanted to say thank you so much everyone for being so generous!

I promise I'll pay it forward when it's time for the next swap. You guys are the best!

o

Hi everybody ! I received my seed envie today !!! Oh my ! it was FULL of wonderful of seeds ! I just finished going through them all ... so much fun seeing all the garden goodies you have all so generously shared with me ! Each package of seeds is a treasure to me . Thank you from the bottom of my heart , Patty, thank you so very much for all the hard work, time and dedication you have put into this swap , Angie , thank you for helping too ! and thank you too Angela for doing the clickable list , that was such a HUGE help in doing the swap ! Every year my garden gets better and I look forward to being able to share even more with everyone here . I feel so very blessed to be a part of the GW community and to be able to share a common passion for gardening with everyone .

My wish for everyone - a happy, healthy holiday season and a New Year full of joy and peace .

~Iris

o

Hi,

I received my seeds yesterday. Thank you so much to everyone for all the great seeds. I can't wait to start planting them. Thank you Patty for all of your hard work.
Have a very Merry Christmas everyone.

Thank you,

Karen

o

Yay! Patty is so happy you guys are so happy! She really does put alot into this and I agree,she should be praised to the heavens,it is pure talent is all I can say! I cant wait for her to read all of the Thank yous,I know that will be very satisfying for her,just to know how much her hard work is appreciated! :)

I am so sorry about that darn 0,but I know I have it down tonight...lol...here are the latest.....drum roll please.....

1 pattygrow5- Received
2 angelady-SENT
3 morguegirl-
4 ilovefarac-SENT
5 ollierose-
6 sguanzon-
7 austinnhanasmom-SENT
8 jaynine-
9 rbrady-SENT
10 stage_rat-
12 slo_garden-SENT
13 kilngod-
14 conniesc-
15 ishareflowers-
16 barefootgardner12-SENT
17 agirlsgirl-Received
18 lisam627_ohio_z6-SENT
19 patty_b-
20 just1morehosta-SENT
21 dirtdiggin-SENT
22 joy_unspeakable-SENT
23 poisondartfrog-
24 patrob-SENT
26 mao_tse_mom-SENT
27 sassybutterfly-SENT
28 ggwrn-SENT
29 julie_mn-SENT
31 pumkingal-SENT
32 beverlysc-SENT
33 sandlapper_rose-SENT
34 ruthz-SENT
35 bhnash-
36 gardenmom2-
37 jas_il-SENT
38 strmywthr3-SENT
39 debby_1-SENT
41 suecirish-
42 sunset_in-SENT
43 paulan70-SENT
45 sakura_komichi-SENT
46 sandysgardens-
47 vikingkirken-SENT
48 drippy-
49 tammyinwv-SENT
50 molanic-
51 chemocurl-SENT
52 gmom2-6boys-SENT
53 smitties-SENT
54 proudgm_03-SENT
56 rane_grow-SENT
57 esiuol-SENT
58 alwaysagarden-SENT
59 jacoblily-SENT
60 micyrey-SENT
61 threeshyacres-SENT
62 neohippie-SENT
63 dorisl-SENT
64 deanna_in_nh-SENT
65 quiltingfox-SENT
66 columbine21-SENT
67 grovespirit-SENT
68 hibiscusfan-SENT
69 luvgardening2-

Ok I am putting in the largest common part of the DC#'s first. The last four digits will be next to your name:

0308269000013256****

20-just1morehosta-5095

21-dirtdiggin-5088

28-ggwrn-5156

29-julie_mn-5149

43-paulan70-5187

57-esiuol-5101

66-columbine21-5163

67-grovespirit-5170

Patty said she is planning to mail more before Christmas! :)
I will be back with the next update! Hope everyone is having a joyful holiday season so far! :)

o

Hi,
Could Patty or agirlsgirl please email me asap, I received somebody else's seeds. I got mine on the first send out and was suprised when I found another package in the mail. It was my envelope, addressed to me but when I opened it, it had a note to another swapper. I'm on vacation right now so have to deal with dial-up and it just makes me want to throw the whole computer out the window. I'll be checking back around 11 to 11:30 so I can hopefully get this package back in the mail.

Thanks alot.
Debby

o

debby_1,

Patty's computer is broken so she is not getting the replies or emails.

Angie has not been posting other than to post as more have been mailed and to provide the Delivery Confirmation numbers, but she could be lurking though.

Why not post the member name here, since the member is likely looking daily for the package, and possibly someone can email you the addy other than Angie. I'd also suggest you emailing Angie with the name. That 'might' be the quickest way to get the addy.

by the way, Angie posted on Dec 17th on Patty's behalf, "Patty is not sure if she will be able to get these all out before Christmas. Some unexpected things have come up and the holidays are busy for all of us. Dont worry though,you will get them and you will be happy with them! :)"

Sue...rbb as usual

o

Good idea Sue, either that or if you have the GW nick of the person who's package you received, email them via GW (if their email is listed) I'm sure they would appreciate the email. Well I know I would ;)

I'm so excited...yay!!!! my package is on the way lol

Can't wait!

Toni

o

According to the list above, my seeds were sent out. I thought I would receive them by now, but I just checked the mail and I still havent gotten them for today. I also emailed angie, as I dont even see a confirmation number listed.
Tammy

o
swap

I just checked and according to a post above, its been 5 days (PO shipping days) since they were marked as shipped
Tammy

o

My seeds arrived early this week! I was SO excited to open that package. I couldn't believe how many extras Patty threw in... I am going to have to delete a lot of my wish list! So a HUGE "THANK YOU" to everyone who sent stuff in for me!!

Sorry it took me several days to post this... I've been sidelined with trying to finish making Christmas gifts AND dealing with a stomach bug that hit me as well as my two kids AND the little boy I babysit. Hopefully I will be feeling better by Christmas, and the hubby won't catch it!!

Thanks again to all, and especially to Patty!
Lori

o

All I can say is WOW, WOW, WOW !!!!

I can't believe what wonderful seeds came back to me. This really is Christmas week. I'll be researching these seeds for days. I'll be planning where they go in my garden even longer, and dreaming of these flowers in my garden until I can actually see them.

I want to thank everyone for this swap but especially Patty for all her hard work.

mao

o

yes now I will be like a cat looking out the window watching the cars go by.

Even though here in my town there is no door to door mail service I have to go to the post office to pick up my mail. At least it is better than bills especially after christmas.

Paula

o

Today I received my seeds !!! I am very happy with what everyone sent and I received some wants that I wasn't sure would be filled...but they were! So here come the thank yous...

First, to Patty, for all your hard work-oh and for the prize for guessing closest to the number of seeds sent...I am excited to plant the Purple Sensation allium bulbs and I think the garden flag is pretty ! You did a great job hosting...I don't know how you do it!

A big thank you to Angie for being Patty's right-hand girl!
And for organizing the fun and games.

Thank you to Angela for her list and for sending me some great seeds.

Dirtdiggin sent me a large amount of requests- many COOL beans and a great variety of other kinds...Thank you!!

Chemocurl sent me many lovely seeds that I can't wait to plant- a big thank you!

Jaynine sent many lovely flower seeds-THANK YOU!

Thanks to alwaysagarden and the others who fulfilled special requests!

I would also like to thank just1morehosta for sending the cotton seeds along with a piece of paper detailing their interesting history.

Thank you, pumkingal, for including a recipe along with the pumpkin seeds you sent.

And thanks to everyone else who participated in this fun swap!!!

Rebekah

o

hello
I got my seeds to day, wha a great christmas gift from all my GW friends, and from patty.

Merry Christmas to you all
michelle

o

Well my seeds have been located. Debby emailed me to say my package was sent to her house. She has graciously offered to send them on to me. What a sweet lady.

Merry Christmas to All
Tammy

o

I'm glad they were located Tammy as opposed to being lost and maybe never knowing where they went.

I just keep checking back in here, to see what others have said after they receive their goodies. It looks like everyone has been so very pleased.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Sue

o

I'm glad so many are happy and that the lost seeds are being sent! I can't wait to read more after Christmas.

Blessings,
Angela

o

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

And a very Merry one it is :)

Amazingly, my package ALREADY arrived today from PA! Don't have time right now to go through the bulging package to see what goodies are in there, but wanted to say WOOOHOOOO IT'S HERE!!!! LOL

Thank you in advance and I'll post more when I get a chance to sit down and snoop ;)

So far it looks SO amazing! I'm sure it's fantastic!

Toni

o

Thu, Dec 24, 09 at 16:58

We were in the seventies yesterday and today we have a

WHITE CHRISTMAS EVE.

My 9 year old grandson that's the most awesome ever.

o

So nice (and exciting) to hear about everybody's packages; this is such a great swap and it's been my pleasure sending as many seeds as I could!
Happy Holidays, Everyone~Peace to you & yours.
Janine

o

Merry Christmas, Patty, and all my fellow swappers! Ruthz, my DD is stranded in DFW tonight - flew in from London this a.m. No worries, she is snug in a local inn and will be with us tomorrow midday, when the weather clears both there and here (Huntsville AL).

I am about to go watch my all-time favorite childhood movie, Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol. My DH bought the DVD for me several years back; I was so touched. Connections with past, present, future - I am feeling very blessed.

o

Merry Christmas

Just a quick note to thank everyone for the amazing seeds that were sent in for me. I'm still not done going through and updating my list, but have been able to remove LOTS of wants already. I'm so excited to grow out a bunch of these wonderful plants....can't wait to see what my garden looks like next Summer.

Thank you again everyone and a huge big thank you to Patty, Angie and Angela! Your hard work has been very much appreciated :)

Have a wonderful Christmas day and rest of the Holiday Season.

Hugs to everyone :)

Toni

o

Merry Christmas everyone!!!!

I received an early Christmas present yesterday. I opened my mailbox and there was my seed package packed full. Just finished inventorying everything and adjusted my "wants" list. I received so many great things including seeds for my chocolate garden, healing herb garden, culinary herb garden and much more.

Thanks to everyone who will be helping my garden grow this summer and I hope your Christmas was all you hoped it would be.

o

MERRY CHRISTIMAS!!

Woo hoo, I see my name with a big SENT beside it, can't wait to recieve my package! ; )

Cindy

o

I received my seeds Christmas Eve. What a nice surprise! Thank you to everyone. Although I didn't mind duplicates, I received very few, if any. A big THANK YOU to Patty & Angie for all their hard work! You are the best!

o

Hi every one,
Guess what i got!!!!Yep, you guessed it,my seeds came a few days ago,just as i was in the middle of writing you all, out electric went out,and was out for 3 1/2 days.Not a nice thing to have happen,you sure do learn how dependent you are on electric,when you don't have any.

My seeds you ask????Oh yes, the pack was bursting at the seams let me tell you.I have enough Morning Glories to last a life time,ha ha,i did not know there were so many different kinds,man, will my fence line be shinning this year,can't wait to get them all planted.
As soon as i got my seeds, i took some quiet time,and went through them all,i separated into piles, the ones that were of the same family,put the annuals into a pile,tomatoes in another, so that i am all ready now to WS,matter of fact, i sowed 15 containers the next day,thank God my soil was already wet, as we had no water,but i did it during the day,and only 15.I think i have done 30 so far.
My hubby said to thank you for sending in some beefsteak tomatoes,his favorite.When he saw all the seeds, he said,"Wow, think ya got enough seed by now"?ha ha, of course i said no.
I received so many seeds for butterflies, i think if any of you want butterflies in your yard this year, they will all be over here at my house,ha ha
I received several seeds i really wanted,how does one say thank you to such kindness?You all went above and beyond what i was even thinking.
I received a very nice camera for my birthday,i just need to learn now how to use it, i am hoping to post some beautiful pictures in the next few years.
I hope you all had Very Merry Christmas,and may this growing season be the best you have ever had.I know mine will be.
Salutations to all.
cAROL

o

I received my envelope on Christmas Eve. As always it was packed full of fantastic seeds. I received several items that had been on my want list for over a year! I think I am going to need a bigger yard. Thank you all for sending all the great seeds! Patti thank you for all of your hard work, I can't imagine how many hours you spent separating the seeds. Angie thank you for helping Patti. I haven't started my winter sowing, but I can't wait to get started.

Ginger

o

Once again, you two have totally outdone yourselves with this wonderful swap! I am totally blown away...and I've been thinking about how I could thank you appropriately for all of your hard work. The fact is...I just can't thank you enough! The effort you put into selecting seeds just for me is over and beyond what I would expect or even hope for...but as I said above, I am totally blown away!

You two are THE BEST at coordinating a big swap like this, and I truly appreciate all of the hard work that I know goes into it. This is one of the nicest Christmas presents I have received because not only does it reflect all of your hard work matching seeds to my want list, but it is also a very nice gift from all my GW friends who sent in seeds just for me! When these seeds are growing in my gardens next year...it will definitely be the gift that keeps on giving!

So thanks a million PATTYGROW and AGIRLSGIRL, and to everyone who sent seeds in for me.

Smiles and Happy Holidays! - Lisa

o

I got my seeds!! I just love this swap, I always end up with so much of what I need for my garden the next year!
Thank you so much to Patty for all her hard work and to Angie and Angela as well. This is one swap I plan on joining every year. Thank you also to all the wonderful gardeners that participated!!

Cindy ; )

o

Guess WHAT??? The Southwest Airlines' commercial that Hannah and I were in is airing right now during the Giants' game that is on! We're in the one where the guy walks on the wing of the plane. Then, he's talking about making the little girl smile that has cancer and how it makes it all worth it. Right after that, you see Hannah and I at the top right of the screen when he says, "This is who I am."

Wow! It's finally live on the air!!!!! We're on TV!!!! I just HAD to share this with you all. If you get to see it, try to pause it on that last scene otherwise it goes by way too fast for you to hardly notice us. Please, email me if you get to see it. I'm so excited!!!!

Blessings,
Angela

o

:( We couldn't find it Angela...blast it...it wasn't broadcast here.

o

Well, my seeds were mailed last Tuesday. I told myself if they didn't arrive by today I would have to post that they were missing. But there's no need: my seeds arrvived today! Yippee!

Thanks Patty, Angie, and everyone who sent me seeds. I'd say my want list is a lot shorter now, but I think I add to it every day.

~CA

o

YES I finally got my seeds they have been sitting in the post office since thursday but I didn't have a chance to get them until today. And let me just say WOW. You ladies and gentlemen(if there are any out there in this swap) has really out done yourselves. Thank you so much for the wide variety of seeds. I will be changing my want list now that is for sure there are so many that I wanted and many that I did not know I wanted until I got them. hehe

It is so hard to just name one person as special. Since in my book everyone who sent seeds to someone is special. Thank you patty and angela and angie for doing this swap I really appreciate it.

Paula

o

Paula, that is so true about everyone in this swap being special!

Just to give you an idea about how many cool things I received, last year I wintersowed about 125 containers, and after receiving my seeds from this swap, my grow list for '10 is already up to 175, and I'm sure it will get even longer before it's over with. I have no idea where I will plant it all though ...

Thanks again to everyone!!!

Bonnie

o

Thanks for looking for it, Toni. I found out that it's airing on the Fox channel during most, if not all, the pro football games going on, so there's plenty more games to be able to see the commercial. Oh, I really hope that it airs up north, but since Southwest Airlines is mostly in the southern states, it may not. :-(

Blessings,
Angela

o

Oh NO we are big with SW airlines here!! With our major airport being seatac, we have huge numbers of SW Airlines going out and coming in. I would imagine it depends on each city and amount of airlines coming in.

We'll keep watching for you Angelady...I'm sure well get a glimpse soon ;)

Take care...

Toni

o

myspace layouts

myspace layouts

Still waiting on my seeds to arrive after the mix up. I just hope its not my original package,lol
Tammy

o

I got my package today and WOW!! I can't believe the number and variety of seeds that I got. Hubby said, "Those are all for YOU?" Thank you so much to all of you and especially Patty for hosting this!! I'm especially excited by the garlic that I got from Toni (dirtdiggin). The only thing is that the labels got wet and I can't read what variety of garlic they are. One says Something Purple? and the other I can't read at all. Can Toni or anyone enlighten me? I'm going to go outside and start planning on where to put all of this :)

o

Hey, slo_garden,

I had some smudged garlic labels also. I've deciphered mine to read "Italian Purple" and "Ontario Purple Trillium". Hope this helps.

~CA

o

Angelady, I'd love to see the commercial, but all the games my mom watches are on ESPN. I told her to yell if it comes on, though.

It's so nice to read of everyone's excitement. I have been keeping myself distracted by looking at the Hazzard's catalog and adding things to my wants list!

o

Horaaayyyy!! I am doing the Happy Dance!

My seeds arrived today!!. A beautiful big bag of seeds! Thanks everyone for their generous efforts to make this a fantastic swap.
Tammy

o

Slo - There is Purple Italian which I'm sure is what the first one is...unless they are bulbils. If they are cloves, it could be Silver Rose, Shilla, Extra Hardy German and Symphony. It could be any one of the later. Are they cloves or bulbils? Are the cloves large or small? Elongated or short and fat? And what is the color? If you could describe them I can probably tell you what type they are.

Toni

o

My post earlier post disappeared. I am getting very excited awaiting my seeds as well. Patty is a wonderful hostess!
stage_rat, I just placed a seed order to Hazzard's too. I wanted to make sure I took advantage of the coupon before it expires tomorrow night.
Have a great New Year everyone!
Alana

o

Toni,

This reminds me of the game that you all were playing (trying to identify the plant from clues)when we were all waiting for our seeds. I agree that the first one is Italian Purple. That would make sense with what I can read off the label. As far as the second one: they are cloves and appear to be medium-sized in all aspects. The color is hard to determine as the skins are coming off and they are starting to sprout. I don't know how to post pictures on here (Yes, I know I really should learn), so maybe I could email you photos? If we can't figure out what they are, no biggie. I'll grow them and eat them regardless :)

Megan

o
RE: Garlic ID

Also, I got some Silver Rose from another player and they are thinner and more elongated than these mystery ones, so we can eliminate that one. I'm excited about trying all of these new varieties!

o

Slo - they are either shilla or symphony. If the cloves are about the same size as the Purple Italian, then they are Symphony and if they are larger, they are Shilla.

LOL now I can wipe my forehead lol. Hope that helps :) So you have a hardneck and a softneck variety.

o

They are about the same size, so Symphony it is. Thanks so much!!

o

Figured it was Symphony cause it was already sprouting. :)

Good luck with them....yummmy home grown garlic lol.

Take care.

Toni

o

All I can say is WOW and THANK YOU!!

ok - of course I can say more...

I received so many wonderful seeds, I can't wait for winter sowing to begin!! When I have winter sowing going, I can start the veggies and herbs!! I received lettuces and herbs I've never heard of!!

Ya'll - for next year's swap, I'll take photos of these 2010 plants that I know will be A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!

Thanks Patty, Angela and Angie and participants!!

Happy Gardening -

Deb (austinnhanasmom)

o

Yay! My seeds arrived today too. DD and I had a great time sorting through them. She's picked a few for herself, and wanted to plant them NOW! LOL. Maybe I'll have her sow some milk jugs tomorrow.
I know my wishlist is full of rarer plants, so thank you so much to everyone who sent in seeds for me. What a wonderful swap!

o

I got a most excellent package of seeds today! I was almost finished with the list of tomato seeds I need to purchase, but now I may not order any at all. Thanks for all of the great Sunflowers, Zinnias and all of the other plants I requested as well.
Great job as usual Patty. I look forward next time.
Happy New Year!
Alana

o

Happy New Year everyone !! Hope you all have a happy, healthy and prosperous 2010 and hope your garden grows beautifully with all the wonderful seeds we have shared with each other !

~Iris

o

I received my package of seeds today. Quite a surprise as I wasn't expecting to get them yet. I am delighted with the selection, and I really have to say a sincere thanks to Patty and Angie for the time and consideration they gave to putting my package together. It is very much appreciated. And I want to thank everyone who participated in the swap for the seeds they sent specifically for me and in general. I don't want to really single anybody out, BUT... I have to give one very special thanks to the person who sent the Irish Fleabane - you know who you are! That was an awesome surprise and a wonderful gift. Thank you.

Happy New Year to all - with wishes for a safe, healthy, prosperous and lucky! 2010...
~Sue

o

Hi All,

I was lying in bed last night with a stomach virus when my husband, coming in from 7-11 with some ginger ale, delivered the package sent from Patty.Going through all the wonderful seeds sent in for me, I was overwhelmed with everyone's great generosity. The people on GW are the best! When things are not going well, all I have to do is log onto my computer to cheer myself up. Thanks so much to Patty and to Angie, as well as all the participants in this swap. My memorial garden for my dad will be beautiful, thanks to all of you. If anyone wants anything I was going to send in for the swap, please just shoot me an E-Mail and I will send them out to you.

Happy and Healthy New Year to you all.

Amy

o

Just have to sayand will be posting a well deserved review for Patty and AngieI am beyond words with this swap.

Yes I posted how happy I was with the package received, but more importantly, Ive also received communication back from many that I sent packages in for, who received the items I sent in for them. While last years swap was wonderful as well, Im even more impressed with the outcome this year. Im so glad we were able to post special requests on items sent inand they arrived to the participant they were intended for. The integrity behind the Hostess and Co-Hostess is beyond anything anyone could hope for in a RR swap.

I know what kind of an undertaking this swap was, so my hats off to Patty for her incredible methods of dealing with such an amazing amount of participants and seed packages. The attention to detail was impeccable.

If this swap continues, which I hope it goes on for years to come, you can count on my participation and promotion of it.

Thank you so much for everythingI cant offer enough thanks to Hostess / Co-Hostess and Participants, for all the wonderful choices sent in to me.

I hope everyone had a WONDERFUL AND SAFE New year!

Toni

o

Hi all! I hope everyone had fantastic holidays! :) I dont have much time right now,but will be back to read the posts! ;)

All envies have been sent except 1! So if there isnt anything next to your name,you have been sent!:)

Luvgardening,Patty needs your address. So if you could please send it to me via an email that would be wonderful! Patty misplaced it and cant find it!I am going to try and email you as well! :P

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!
I'll be back! :)

o

Angie, I emailed you through GW and I received your email too.

Nancy

o

OMG I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Thankyouthankyou!

I'm sooooooo excited to get these!

o

Holy cow! I got my seeds today. :) :) :) Yes, this calls for at least three smiley faces. Big thanks to everyone. I'm going to need a bigger seed box...and a bigger yard! Now I have to start getting organized, start sowing, and of course do a couple more swaps. :)

Thanks again everyone!

-Molanic

o

I received my package of seeds on Saturday. Thank you so much Patty for all your hard work and the wonderful selections you made for me. Also thanks to all who sent in seeds marked for me.

I can't wait to plant.

Thanks again.

Sue G.

o

Patty, I received my lovely big pack o' seed before Christmas, but we've all been really sick with the flu. We're just now starting to join the land of the living again lol. I just today, started sorting thru my pack and I just wanted to say thankyou very very much for all the time spent on sorting and sifting and (cursing I'm sure..lol) I'm very pleased with my assortment and am looking forward to starting some WS'ing very soon and planning my 2010 gardens!

Hugs to all, seriously I'm not germy anymore..lol
~Wendy / sassyb...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here