Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

o
NEW: Incredible Heirlooms Totally Tomatoes January Sign Up

Posted by bonechickchris 7A/6B NJ 08731 (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 7, 08 at 23:38

Hello there! Welcome to the Incredible Edibles Heirlooms first swap, "Totally Tomatoes" January Swap! All are welcome! Oldies and Newbies!

Of course, this is a swap of tomato seeds only. Please only send tomato seeds that are heirlooms and/or OP's, non-hybids.
This will be a mass swap, where everyone will send in all their seeds to me, I will sort, and then resend.

Please send your seeds in a BUBBLE MAILER ONLY! You do not need to send an extra envelope. I will reuse the envelope that you sent me your seeds in, which will save you time and money!
In the envelope, please include:
1. Your seeds of course
2. A label with your address on it for me to put on your envelope
3. $2-3 for the postage. You can send stamps if you like, but I thought it would be easier just to bring all the envelopes to the PO and have them all weighted and paid for at the same time. If you are sending a big envelope with lots of seeds, you may want to send closer to $3, otherwise, I think $2 should cover it.
4. A list of all the seeds you are GIVING. You may also send a list of some of your wants or preference of types of tomato seeds you would like back. THERE ARE NO GARANTEES THAT YOU WILL RECIEVE ALL YOUR REQUESTS! Although, I will work hard to give you what I can. It all depends on what is sent in for me to send back out.

~Instead of swapping whole packets, I would like to swap for smaller amounts of 12-15 seeds each packet, so there will be a bigger and better selection of seeds for me to send out to you all.
You can either send me in your whole packs, and I will split them up myself, OR , You can divide them up into packets of 12-15 yourself then send them to me (perferred!)
If you do send in a whole packet,I will not count it as only one pack, but as however many packets it makes. Example, if your whole packet that you sent to me makes 4 12-15 seeded packets, I will count that as 4 packets/trades.

12-15 seeds will count as one trade each! However, some seeds are better than no seeds, so if you have only 4 or 5 seeds of something, you can send them in too.

~ PLease send seeds that have an expiration within the years of 2008, 2009. Seeds that expired this year are ok!

~ On your packet labels, please include the following info:
1. Tomato Variety Name
2. # of Seeds in Packet
3. Whether they are comercial(company name)or if they were hand collected!!!!!
4. Your GW Name (This will help me not too send you back your own seeds!)

~ I will try to award seeds fairly. The more variety you send, the more variety you will get back. The more interesting your seeds are, the more interesting seeds I will try to get back to you if I can.
Multiple packs of the same variety are ok to send in to a certain extent. If you send me 20 packs of the same one tomato, you might get back some doubles too. I will do my best to not do so. Again, it depends on what is sent in.

~ Seeds need to be recieved by me by January 24th, 2009. That should give us all plenty of time to get over the holidays and maybe get some new seed catalogs in the mail.
I will send out your seeds by February 24th, 2009. If I receive seeds earlier or on time, I may be able to get them out sooner than that.

~If you would like to send in a few extra envelopes/labels to help me in the redistributing process, feel free to do so. This is not important, I seem to be well stocked, but if you do send some in, I promise to send you a little something extra!

I will be storing the seeds in a binder that uses the baseball card sized inserts to hold them in place. So it would be nice if you are preparing your own seed, that you send them in a small enough envie to fit into my binder.

Woosh! I hope I mentioned everything! I have a problem of writing too much! But I hope that makes it easy for you to understand everything. This is going to be a really fun opening swap for the Incredible Heirlooms! Please come and join in the fun! Any questions, just ask!
Ooh, I almost forgot! Once you sign up, please send me an email if you can so I can send you my address!
Thanks everybody! Lets have some fun! Christy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: NEW: Incredible Heirlooms Totally Tomatoes January Sign Up

Sign me up please! I actually went through my tomato seeds yesterday in anticipation of this swap. I'm such a geek!

o

I'm in - THANKS -

Deb

o

Christy, I am thinking. I ordered a few packs in hopes of joining but it was really only a couple and I am not sure if I can have enough to cover the worth of participating.
I will let you know for sure closer to the cut off time.

:) Fran

o

I'm thinking I will join, but I too do not know for sure yet, so dont put my name down yet.

o

Fran, There is no minimum! Even if you send in only one or two packs, it is still worth it! I am sure you have 12 seeds of some type of tomato hanging around! And of course, if you only send in a few packs, you can just send a couple stamps, and not $2. It is really easy! Christy

o

Ohh please sign me up :) I love tomato seed swaps :)

Thank you Christy

o

• Posted by sunnyk Z6 SW Coastal CT (My Page) on
    Mon, Dec 8, 08 at 14:45

I have been drooling over this swap as I am a
tomato-holic LOL!!So sign me up chica!!

o

Ok I just placed an order for heirloom tomato seeds. Sign me up for real this time.

o

Ok, we have so far:
bonechickchris
booberry85
austinnhanasmom
yotetrapper
dirtdiggin
sunnyk

I am hoping that we will have a really nice turn out :)
I am really excited about this one! Christy

o

Don't forget moi! LOL :D

o

bonechickchris
booberry85
austinnhanasmom
yotetrapper
dirtdiggin
sunnyk
and
*Southerncharm1* :)

o

Christy,

I have a couple of questions. Is there a maximum number of packets we can send in? Is there a maximum of one variety of tomato we can send in?

So far I've packages over 25 packets of tomato seeds, but no more than 4 packets of any one variety. I'm a little more than half way through my tomato stash.

o

I have been pondering about joining. I WANT to, I really do but the dates have me in a pickle. I usually sow my tomato seeds at the end of December and Early January. If I join, these seeds will be for Next Next year. Ugh...... Let me think some more. I will give a firm answer a little later.

Nancy

o

HI Becky!
I would not worry about a maximum. Actually, what you are doing so far sounds perfect!
Hopefully we will have a really nice turn out so we get a lot of variety back in. I think we are going to go do some advertising over on other forums. Also, I do not have a sign up cut off date if you notice, this way anyone can join up to the time their packets need to be mailed in by.
As long as nobody send me like 20 packets of the same one tomato, I think we will be ok!

Hi Nancy! Well, the seeds sent in are to be only good for 2008, 2009. So the 2008 seeds will be 1 year old, and the 2009 seed, which would be seed that anyone orders now anyway, don't expire for a year. So really, I don't see time being a problem! The wrost is that you will get 1 year past seed! I know many people spoke about ordering for this, so I am sure there will be lots of seeds that are for 2009. Does that all make sence? Christy

o

Tue, Dec 9, 08 at 14:00

And tomato seed is viable for alot longer than 2 years anyways...

o

I totally understand. I have had some tomato seeds germinate that were 10 years old. It is just me. I want to do a BIG growout this year since the last one was a BUST. I want to put them all out this year. If I get the seeds in Feb., it is a bit late for me. And who knows, I might have another bust year and I may give up and won't need seeds. HA! Like I said, I will dwell on it.

Nancy

o

I'd love to join! I did a huge collection this year and would love to see what new guys I might get. :)

o

Add my name to your list. I have approximately 30 varieties.

Jim Wright

o

Welcome turkeytaker and Jim!

Updated list:

bonechickchris
booberry85
austinnhanasmom
yotetrapper
dirtdiggin
sunnyk
Southerncharm1
turkeytaker
jwr6404

o

Don't forget me!!! Been ordering for this swap!

Joan

o

Count me in!!!

Nancy, you zone 8/9ers are "tomato spoiled" :) Just sow these at the end of January, you'll still have tomatoes 50 million weeks earlier than most of us. (I know the strain is partly "what do I order and what do I hope comes in the swap". If you want to post what you're looking for in that way - I'd be game to send things I've got on request.)

I am so zone-jealous, can you tell? lol!

--Tina

o

We are growing fast!!!

bonechickchris
booberry85
austinnhanasmom
yotetrapper
dirtdiggin
sunnyk
Southerncharm1
turkeytaker
jwr6404
ejmoore510
kilngod

o

Wow, I am getting scared by those folks with those HUGH tomato stashes, HOW to I compete with that?
OH MY GOODNESS, I have to wait to see if my tomatoes I ordered for this swap comes in on time before I absolutely comment. YOU KNOW I WANNA SAY YESSSSSSS!!!

:) Fran

o

Fran, you know you wanna! :p Peer pressure time? Or give her a couple more days? ROFL!!!

I guess I'll hold off for a few days... You know though, IF I can step up with my lil bit over here, you know you have more than me! hehehe ;)

o

Oh Fran, your just a girl that can't say no. ROFL! Join! Join! Join! No pressure, really! LOL!

Like Christy said earlier, even if you only have a couple packets of tomatoes, it's worth it to diversify your stash.

o

Please sign me up. I have a ton of older seeds and new seeds from this year.

o

lol tomato stashes hehe I have one of those :) I knew I was addicted!

Next year is going to be crazy keeping track (: but a whole lot of fun!! Have a few seeds of some real rare heirlooms and can't wait to save seed from them to share with others :)

o

Update!
bonechickchris
booberry85
austinnhanasmom
yotetrapper
dirtdiggin
sunnyk
Southerncharm1
turkeytaker
jwr6404
ejmoore510
kilngod
scarzi

o

Okay, I've been going back and forth about signing up for this swap.

On the one hand, I've got something like 47 different kinds of tomato seeds. On the other hand, most of them I only have 6 or 8 seeds of. With a garden that's only 60 sq. ft., I don't need a lot of each variety. There are a few though that I have a couple dozen of, that I could divide and send in for the swap. But on the other hand, what are the odds that I would get something back that's different from the 47 kinds that I already have, LOL!

Such a dilemma! What's a girl to do?

Bonnie

o

Hi Bonnie!
You can send in the 6-8 seeds. Something is better than nothing! I am trying to concentrate more on variety than quantity in this swap if you have not noticed. 6-8 seeds I am sure is plenty to try out too for someone! So please send those in too if you decide to join.
If you feel like writing out that list of tomatoes you have, you can include it in your envelope to me and I will do my best NOT to send you anything that you already have.

And that goes for all of us. If you wish to include I list of seeds that you already have, you can do so, and I will try not to give you back anything that you already got. Of course, The more people that sign up, the better my stash will be to hand back out to everyone!

Keep them sign ups coming!!!! Christy

o

Sending you an email!

o

Put me down. Never did a round robin before, so hopefully I'll like it.

o

Thu, Dec 11, 08 at 0:22

Christy, the idea to include lists of what we already have is a fantastic one! I was wondering how you would manage, but this should work wonderfully :-)

Donna :-)

o

Welcome Luv Daises!

bonechickchris
booberry85
austinnhanasmom
yotetrapper
dirtdiggin
sunnyk
Southerncharm1
turkeytaker
jwr6404
ejmoore510
kilngod
scarzi
luv daises

and maybe plantman50(need comfirmation), highalttransplant, Nancy and Fran!
What is up with all you maybes? Just join the darn swap now, won't ya? haha!

o

Oh, alright, Christy! You've twisted my arm, LOL!

You know though ... if I send in my 6 - 8 seeds, then I'm left with 0 of that variety, LOL, but I have at least half a dozen vairieties that I can share, and sending a list makes me feel better about not getting too many duplicates. So ... I'm in!!!

Bonnie

o

Bonnie, Don't feel like you have to send in a bunch of seeds. If there are seeds you want to keep, kepp them! Just send in what you are comfortable with. Like I said, you can send in only 1 pack and still be in it!

And for the people only sending 3 or 4 or LESS packs, you do not have to send $2. You can send your packs in a regular envelope with your seeds wrapped in a little piece of bubble wrap instead of a bubble envelope, and 2 regular postage stamps. That is for people sending in 4 or less packs only!
Of course, I can replace a regular envelope for you in that case! Christy

o

I'm in, I found some more seeds.

o

This is exciting! I was worried about getting varieties I already had but wasn't swapping, the list idea is wonderful! Can't wait!

o

I want to join! Email is on the way!

o

I'm in! It's my first round robin, too...

o

Welcome new sign ups! Glad to have you with us!

bonechickchris
booberry85
austinnhanasmom
yotetrapper
dirtdiggin
sunnyk
Southerncharm1
turkeytaker
jwr6404
ejmoore510
kilngod
scarzi
luv daises
plantman50
highalttransplant
tndandelion
gallaure

o

Fri, Dec 12, 08 at 16:00

Wow...this tomato swap is coming along nicely!! I can safely say I am almost more excited for this swap than I am for Christmas....almost, LOL!!

....off to type up my 'haves' list....

o

I'm in!

Barbi

o

Welcome strmywthr3 and mayeeta !

bonechickchris
booberry85
austinnhanasmom
yotetrapper
dirtdiggin
sunnyk
Southerncharm1
turkeytaker
jwr6404
ejmoore510
kilngod
scarzi
luv daises
plantman50
highalttransplant
tndandelion
gallaure
strmywthr3
mayeeta

With mayeeta's joining, she is from Canada, we now have traders from another country!That's cool!
Keep them sign ups coming! Christy

o

Me too! Sign me up. I love tomato seed swaps.

Megan

o

Please sign me up, sending you an email,Thanks
(country-gardener)Bonnie

o

Was out all day putting up Christmas lights. They are FINALLY up!
Welcome all to all the new sign ups!
bonechickchris
booberry85
austinnhanasmom
yotetrapper
dirtdiggin
sunnyk
Southerncharm1
turkeytaker
jwr6404
ejmoore510
kilngod
scarzi
luv daises
plantman50
highalttransplant
tndandelion
gallaure
strmywthr3
mayeeta
SLO_Garden
county-gardener
(Heather from Canada)

o

By the way,
You do not have to write how many seeds are on your packet if you have atleast 12 seeds in it.
I just ask if it is UNDER 12 seeds, just let it be known on the packet, only so I trade seed amounts fairly.
SO you do not have to write the seed amount on the packet if it contains atleast 12 seeds. thanks

o

Oh yay!!!! Heather's joining too? Glad to have you here :)

She was so kind, inviting me to their Canada Tomato Pepper swap! What fun!!!

o

Oooh my two favorites!!! I can't believe I missed that one. grrr. ROFL

o

• Posted by danincv z9 CA Mtry Bay (My Page) on
    Mon, Dec 15, 08 at 13:30

I see so many people I have traded with and grown tomatoes from their seeds, I just have to sing up, too. Count me in!
Dan

o

HI Guys!
Just wanted to let you know, it is perfectly fine to send postage instead of actual money. And if you know the exact amount of postage that it cost you to send your envelope, you can include that exact cost and not the $2. I only asked for that much because I wanted to put enough postage for everyone's seeds to be sent back in bubble mailers so there would be no chance of the seeds being crushed in shipping.
Any questions, please ask! Thanks! Christy

o

Welcome Scott and DAN!

bonechickchris
booberry85
austinnhanasmom
yotetrapper
dirtdiggin
sunnyk
Southerncharm1
turkeytaker
jwr6404
ejmoore510
kilngod
scarzi
luv daises
plantman50
highalttransplant
tndandelion
gallaure
strmywthr3
mayeeta
SLO_Garden
county-gardener
(Heather from Canada)
danincv
Growbox13

o

I'm cross-pollinating from another gardening site. LOL! Here's an article that just popped up on their vegetable forum recently about growing tomatoes from seed using peat pellets.

You'll need to click on the link for the article.

Here is a link that might be useful: Growing Tomatoes from Seed

o

Nancy has finally given in and is joinning the swap! Yeah!That now makes us at 25 participants! Woohoo!

bonechickchris
booberry85
austinnhanasmom
yotetrapper
dirtdiggin
sunnyk
Southerncharm1
turkeytaker
jwr6404
ejmoore510
kilngod
scarzi
luv daises
plantman50
highalttransplant
tndandelion
gallaure
strmywthr3
mayeeta
SLO_Garden
county-gardener
(Heather from Canada)
danincv
Growbox13
luvgardening2

o

Please sign me up. I love contributing seeds to other tomato enthusiasts.

Gary

o

I have decided to join in on this one! Been reading it and I love tomatoes! Melinda

o

Welcome Gary and Melinda!

bonechickchris
booberry85
austinnhanasmom
yotetrapper
dirtdiggin
sunnyk
Southerncharm1
turkeytaker
jwr6404
ejmoore510
kilngod
scarzi
luv daises
plantman50
highalttransplant
tndandelion
gallaure
strmywthr3
mayeeta
SLO_Garden
county-gardener
(Heather from Canada)
danincv
Growbox13
luvgardening2
coolbythecoast
ilovefarac

o

bonechickchris is doing this...?

she rocks!

Of course I'll join, I have been busy collecting since the last Dozen Dozen swap and I have a some of those seeds that were on your list and did not come in...I also have some wants...

I'll reread the rules and get right with it!

Earl

o

Doesn't she though! :D We're very very glad to have you join us Earl!!!

This is going to be an awesome swap, YAY!!!

o

You are so nice Earl! I am so happy you are with us! I got awesome tomatoes from Earl in his tomato swap. I just hope I can do half as good as you did with your swap Earl :)

The rules are not as bad as they look, I just happen to over explain things! You also do not need to write the amount of seeds on the package either.

I got my New Tomato Growers Supply catalog today! And also the new Baker's Creek Catalog! OMG! They must of made some mad money last year because this Bakers Creek catalog is over the top! The pictures are amazing! If you are a BC fan, you will love it!

This was not the right time to recieve these! I still have shopping to do for Big Don and Little Donnie and all I can do is look at my new catalogs and what I want to order!
I think I am going to need one of the 1-800-Gambler phone numbers for my seed buying addiction!
Ok! I have to find a way to not indulge in these catalogs until after Christmas (yea, good luck!)

The list!

bonechickchris
booberry85
austinnhanasmom
yotetrapper
dirtdiggin
sunnyk
Southerncharm1
turkeytaker
jwr6404
ejmoore510
kilngod
scarzi
luv daises
plantman50
highalttransplant
tndandelion
gallaure
strmywthr3
mayeeta
SLO_Garden
county-gardener
(Heather from Canada)
danincv
Growbox13
luvgardening2
coolbythecoast
ilovefarac
northernmich!

o

Chris...I'll share these from Gettle-Break ODay, Buckbees New Fifty Day, Hendersons Winsall and St. Pierre with you so if you wanted these, order something else. Let me know.

I also updated my inventory list on GW.

Eventually, I need to add the other bazillion non-tomato seeds into trades or swaps...lol

Earl

o

Wed, Dec 17, 08 at 20:47

This is going to be one heck of a tomato swap!!It is so nice to see som nay people participating, and so many friendly familiar names as well!!

I just finished up marking my seed packets, and now I am hoping I dont confuse anyone with my method LOL....I cannot wait to do this swap!!

o

Hi Chris...this sounds like an awesome tomato swap. Please sign me up! Thanks. - Lisa

o

Thu, Dec 18, 08 at 11:53

Sheesh I figured my seed marking method would confuse folks, so I went and ,made it "simpler"....and now it looks like a deranged chicken wrote out my seed packs......LOL, well they are legible, but funky.Still I cannot wait til it is tomato seed planting time againLOL!!

Thanks Christy!!!

o

Welcome Lisa!

Donna, I am sure they will be fine! Its whats inside the envelope that counts, not outside!

Earl,

Are those the varities you are sending in? You mean Gettle, the BC owner? How awesome!! I just got their catalog, and there is a new one, Orange Purple Smudge that I really really want to try that I am going to try and order. Only thing is that the seed is limited, so you only get 10 seeds a pack. But then again, when BC says 20 seeds, you get like 40! So maybe there will be some extra in there too!DId you get your catalog yet?

Here is the new list!

bonechickchris
booberry85
austinnhanasmom
yotetrapper
dirtdiggin
sunnyk
Southerncharm1
turkeytaker
jwr6404
ejmoore510
kilngod
scarzi
luv daises
plantman50
highalttransplant
tndandelion
gallaure
strmywthr3
mayeeta
SLO_Garden
county-gardener
(Heather from Canada)
danincv
Growbox13
luvgardening2
coolbythecoast
ilovefarac
northernmich!
lisa627ohionzn6

o

I got Seed Savers Exchange catalog today!!! I'm gonna be dirt poor!!! ROFL

o

I just got Baker Creek Heirlooms and Tomato Growers and just sat down and haven't even looked at them yet. I have a feeling I'm going to be sitting right next to you in that poor house, Kathy. LOL!

o

Oh,Well, when we are ALL dirt poor, at least we will have something to put in our dirt!

Oh, Mr. Awesome Earl, who I stole his idea for keeping tomato seeds, I thought when you get the chance, since it is such an excellent idea, maybe you would like to share your binder idea with the thread. It really has made my life easier and organized! I bet you it also helps preserve the seeds longer too. You'll have to tell us how many years your seeds last in your binders!

And my other favorite tomato/pepper seed swap coodinater, Ms. Heather from Canada, I know you cannot post here, but just wanted to let you know that I am trying to wait patiently for your swap seeds! Why is mail so slow from Canada to US? And especially with the holiday, makes the wait even longer! It should be soon though because you sent them out well over a week ago! I promise to let you know when I get them! :)

o

Hi Guys,
Just wanted to let you know that I am going to start another thread to post who I recieve seeds from, but would like everyone still to post on this thread too so people can still sign up, and this thread will not dissapear. Does that make sence? Or should I just post seeds recieved here? I thought it would make more sence to separate the sign up thread from the recieving list. Opinions? Christy

o

Thu, Dec 18, 08 at 19:23

Yeah ....please share that binder idea with us. I could use some help with storing my precious seed collection!!!

o

Either way, if it helps you stay organized post it on another thread. :) I'm cool with whatever works for you. :D

Yes, the binder is the best idea for storing seeds I've seen this far. :)

o

Chris:
I took the day off but came in to check the thread. I have 35 different varieties stuffed and ready...wanted to see if you eanted any of those Baker's Creek seeds I mentioned for YOU...I forgot I also have fresh Ananas Noir from there. Let me know before I seal and deal :)

Earl

I do have the seed storage on linked storage...also a hint.

IF people send in their list of seeds given and wanted in ABC order, you can cut and paste and in Word...click table and then sort...leave a space between varities and viola you will have whatever you choose in ABC order.

This is the dream machine..lol.

Then you have a list by which to alphabetize the packets and the storage sheets hold 9 each.

Good luck...I'll be back in the am to check on your wishlist Chris for Baker's Creek mentioned above.

Earl

o

Thu, Dec 18, 08 at 20:06

I think putting up a seperate post of who you recieved from is a good idea. But like Kathy said, whatever makes things easiest on you is what I vote for :)

Donna :)

I will be sending me seeds off to you either next week or the week after.

o

Seed storage

ABC order in three ring album, nine items per sheet (baseball card plastic sleeves).

My thick album closes with over 400 varieties...but it's tight.

o

Fri, Dec 19, 08 at 12:35

Excellent storage system :) Much better than throwing the packs into a paper sack and then putting it all in a ziplock bag like I do LOL!! Now I know what I am going to get with some of those gift cards I get for Christmas :)

o

Hi everyone!
Earl, Thanks so much for taking the time to share your idea, I knew it would help others out too! How many years do you think your seeds last in there? They seem they would last a long time this way.
I always wondered what I could do to have a program put stuff in ABC order. I will have to try it.
When you got your seeds, did you put everyone's seeds in mixed all together in ABC or did you just keep each person's seeds in ABC order?
I do not have any of those varities that you mentioned, Earl! SO that is great. I guess should I put up a wish list of my own on my trade page? I was so into everyone else, that I did not think to make one for me. Because I am the host, I did not think I could share one.Maybe I will do that then!

I am going to start the new thread now since I recieved 2 envelopes already! But please keep this thread alive for more sign ups!Christy

o

Hello! I would love to have you email me your addy again Christy! I don't have it to send my seeds in!
Don't have alot but can't wait to maybe get a few new varieties!
Merry Christmas everyone! Melinda
When do they need to be sent by?

o

Christy, have your address from another trade we were in, do you want the bubble envy labeled something special or just send in your name? I'm ready to mail it in....I need my snow boots to get there, but can do :)

o

Hi Guys!
Sorry, I was away for the weekend, I had a big Christmas party Gig to play and it wiped me out! I was not online much all weekend.
Melinda, I will send you my address!
Toni, Just send it to my address! Trust me! I will know those tomato envies when I see them!
Christy

o

Sounds great! Pkg is on its way :)

Yeah!!! another package down that I don't have to worry about lol.

Hope you're getting some rest before Christmas. This time of year is always draining.

Toni

o

Bump:)
Merry Christmas Everyone!!!!

o

I wanna play! :) Please sign me up.

o

Welcome Grovespirit!
I hope everyone had a merry Christmas! Did you get everything that you asked for?
Here is the new list!

bonechickchris
booberry85
austinnhanasmom
yotetrapper
dirtdiggin
sunnyk
Southerncharm1
turkeytaker
jwr6404
ejmoore510
kilngod
scarzi
luv daises
plantman50
highalttransplant
tndandelion
gallaure
strmywthr3
mayeeta
SLO_Garden
county-gardener
(Heather from Canada)
danincv
Growbox13
luvgardening2
coolbythecoast
ilovefarac
northernmich!
lisa627ohionzn6
grovespirit

o

Hi count me in too. I have
plenty of Heirlooms and want
to try some new one's
Debbie

o

Sorry Christy, I answered your question in the other thread :x Then realized I wasn't supposed to ooops.

o

Sorry, was not around for a day.Welcome Debbie!
Toni, NOT a problem! Everyone know that you can post on the seeds recieved thread! I just want to keep this thread going too so people can still see that we are taking sign ups.
Geez, I feel dumb! I must of said it wrong! I wonder why I have not seen any posts on the recieved thread!
I will be away for a couple days to go see the in laws. I will try to keep with internet access, but not sure if I can or not, so if you do not hear from me until Tuesday, you guys know why!

bonechickchris
booberry85
austinnhanasmom
yotetrapper
dirtdiggin
sunnyk
Southerncharm1
turkeytaker
jwr6404
ejmoore510
kilngod
scarzi
luv daises
plantman50
highalttransplant
tndandelion
gallaure
strmywthr3
mayeeta
SLO_Garden
county-gardener
(Heather from Canada)
danincv
Growbox13
luvgardening2
coolbythecoast
ilovefarac
northernmich!
lisa627ohionzn6
grovespirit
flowerpowernc

o

Um, pardon my ignorance, but WHERE do I send the seeds (address?)

o

Appaullo, I imagine that when she gets through with all the sign-ups, she will send her addy to you and anyone else for the swap. But will probably be after Tuesday as she is away until then.
I hope that helps! Melinda

o

• Posted by danincv z9 CA Mtry Bay (My Page) on
    Sun, Dec 28, 08 at 20:18

Appaullo, You have to sign up here and send her a email- that's how she replies with her addy. I signed up a couple of weeks ago and just read the instructions here a day or two ago. I've done a lot of car repairs like that- fixit and read the instructions later. And fixit again.

o

Christy:

40+ varieties went out to you today. Many have 2-5 packets of 12...but I did not separate those over 12...so you can pack the numbers you wish in those, the rest have 12 seeds in them.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year...OMG...I forgot postage...I'll send that in an envelope...oops!

Earl

o

Got some access here at the hotel, so I can check in periodically, thanks to hubby for getting me a lap top for Christmas! yeah!!!!
It is hard to keep track of who has my address and who does not, so just please send me an email if you need it! I just sent my address to you Paul :)
Earl, not a problem!!!! I hope you put some wishes down on your list to me :)
Everyone have a nice Christmas? Christy

o

Mon, Dec 29, 08 at 21:01

Hey Christy , hope you are enjoying your holiday!!

I just went to USPS.com to figure postage, and stuck a bunch of stamps on my envy (extra postage just in case,LOL) and threw a couple bucks, for postage back, in the envy.Now I am going to tell the hubby to take the dogs out for a walk....and stop at the mailbox to get this flying.
I just dont have the energy to go to the Post Office for a while LOL!

And I have a feeling Earl has a bunch of interesting varieties to add to this swap...I cant wait for this swap to find it's way back home to me!!!
*Doing the excited dance!!*

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!!

o

Hello! I would like to participate in this swap if possible.

Antoinine@ameritech.net is my email. Glad I saw this I just cleaned out my seed box last night.

o

Can I join in! I hardly have any heirloom tomatoes left, and rare ones are so few left for me to sow , but i will try to order a few to be able to participate. Chris

o

Hi Chris and antoinine,

I don't think there is a cutoff date, unless I'm wrong, someone else can correct me if I am :) but the deadline for sending seeds is Jan 24th.

o

Anyone here order from heirloomseeds.com before? I placed an order on december 8th and have not recieved it yet. I just sent them an email, and if that dont work I'll see if I can find a phone number for them. Hope they get here soon, the deadline's getting closer!

o

Yotetrapper, I was just on their website today. They said that because of the high volume of orders they're getting, it's taking 28 days to process orders.

o

Welcome to the swap appaullo, antoinine and growlikecrazy! Toni is correct, there is no cut off date for joining, just as long as seeds are sent by the 24th :)
bonechickchris
booberry85
austinnhanasmom
yotetrapper
dirtdiggin
sunnyk
Southerncharm1
turkeytaker
jwr6404
ejmoore510
kilngod
scarzi
luv daises
plantman50
highalttransplant
tndandelion
gallaure
strmywthr3
mayeeta
SLO_Garden
county-gardener
(Heather from Canada)
danincv
Growbox13
luvgardening2
coolbythecoast
ilovefarac
northernmich!
lisa627ohionzn6
grovespirit
flowerpowernc
appaullo
antoinine
growlikecrazy

o

LOL Earl :) It's nice to see that I'm not the only one to forget the last ingredients to the envies :) I can picture you at the PC typing so proudly..."Seeds are on the"...then that OH Shhhugar look comes over your face...hehe I've done it too :)

o

Glad to be here. I have my envy ready just waiting for your address.

o

Ok I got an answer from heirloomseeds.com and they said my order was shipped on 12/30. Whew... was worried it wouldnt be here on time LOL.

o

Ok, I got my seeds today and now I have them all packaged up for the swap. Should go out on monday. Think I came up with 22-23 packs. OOOPS just saw I need to have my name on all of them, and a list of what I am sending. Guess I am not done yet after all. LOL

o

Hey Christy,

I know I already sent in my package, but I received a couple of unique (well they are to me anyway)varieties yesterday that had a generous amount of seed in them. I was wondering if it would be too confusing if I sent a few more packages in for the swap??

o

That would be fine Toni! Just write down on a piece of paper what you are sending and that is it. Actually, you did not send a list with the seeds you sent in already, so if there are seeds you do or do not want back, include that too! Christy

o

Sat, Jan 3, 09 at 17:26

Christy,
Keep an eye out, my hubby sent my seeds out either Monday or Tuesday morning so they should be getting to you soon. :)

Donna

o

Oh heck, I knew I forgot something :o/ I'll include the list with what I am sending this week :)

Toni

o

bump. :D

o

Whoo hooo Seeds are labeled packed and in their envelope ready to go. It feels good to actually be DONE with a swap LOLOL. This is one of 5 swaps I am in, and I was feeling a bit overwhelmed. They should be going out tomorrow!

Angela

o

Got it Donna!

Hey, on a side note, anyone here ever tried the square foot gardening method by mel bartholomew? I have been reading his new book, and curious if it is really as good as it sounds? I am trying to find ways to get more out of my garden space. Any opinions? Maybe I can find a forum on this? I use so much space planting tomato plants, and I really want to get more of my other crops in this year. Christy

o

There's a sq ft forum here on gardenweb christy. Go click on garden forums at the top and look for it in the list. I've not tried it, but have been considering it as well.

o

Excuse my ignorance.
I have 5 varieties I send in, I get 5 varieties in return?
Thanks

o

Howdee there

I have about 70 packs ready to send in can I still join?

Acres

o

I would like to join if it's still open.
I have about 20 packs. Thanks
Tom

o

Anyone can still join, as long as seeds are sent in by the 24th of January!

Welcome purpleacres and gr8atweeds!

oregon veg, yes, if you send in 5 varieties, you will get back 5 varieties, you can send in more than one pack of one variety also, but you may get back more than one pack of a same variety too.
make sence?

bonechickchris
booberry85
austinnhanasmom
yotetrapper
dirtdiggin
sunnyk
Southerncharm1
turkeytaker
jwr6404
ejmoore510
kilngod
scarzi
luv daises
plantman50
highalttransplant
tndandelion
gallaure
strmywthr3
mayeeta
SLO_Garden
county-gardener
(Heather from Canada)
danincv
Growbox13
luvgardening2
coolbythecoast
ilovefarac
northernmich!
lisa627ohionzn6
grovespirit
flowerpowernc
appaullo
antoinine
growlikecrazy
purple acres
gr8atweeds

o

This is wonderful.
Do we just wait for you to send us an email with your address?
Tom

o

Hello Christy.

I Also...Would Like to Sign-Up.

Thanks.
ZZ.

o

Sure ZZ! OMG! That is the coolest name, ZZtopsoil! Too funny!

Ok, another new list!

bonechickchris
booberry85
austinnhanasmom
yotetrapper
dirtdiggin
sunnyk
Southerncharm1
turkeytaker
jwr6404
ejmoore510
kilngod
scarzi
luv daises
plantman50
highalttransplant
tndandelion
gallaure
strmywthr3
mayeeta
SLO_Garden
county-gardener
(Heather from Canada)
danincv
Growbox13
luvgardening2
coolbythecoast
ilovefarac
northernmich!
lisa627ohionzn6
grovespirit
flowerpowernc
appaullo
antoinine
growlikecrazy
purple acres
gr8atweeds
zztopsoil

o

Okay, I just finished packaging up my seeds, and went through 4 pages of emails and can't seem to find one from you, Bonechickchris. Would you mind emailing me your mailing address? Thank you so much!

Bonnie

o

Wow! I was just thinking of you ZZtopsoil when I was going through some of my seeds! My mother and I always did your yearly veggie swap and it was always a huge one! Hadn't seen you around in quite a while! Good to see some of the old names still! I too am ready and will be sending mine tomorrow! I am also in several others and if don't pay attention I get behind!! LOL! Melinda

o

Just to let you know I will be putting a couple of tomato seed orders in by the end of the week. I waited this long so I can try and to get some that are on some peoples wish lists that noone has.
So if your lists come in by the end of the week, I can take a peek before I order. Not a big deal though.
Christy

o

For YOU Christy....

Here is a link that might be useful: listen to me

o

This sounds great!!! I'm in. Sending an email now...

o

howdee there

Bonechickchris-- I still need your addy :-)

wow ZZ your the one who started it all for me haha remember the veggie olimpics good times good times. Since then I have been doing my Acres All Edible Swap.

I sure love swappin. Hey is there a swappin anonymous support group?

Acres

o

No... thank goodness! I gotta have my fix! ROFL!!!

o

purpleacres, just send you my addy :) and if you ever get the phone number for that group, you will have to let me know, haha!

Earl, you are too funny!

Welcome Heyenas!bonechickchris
booberry85
austinnhanasmom
yotetrapper
dirtdiggin
sunnyk
Southerncharm1
turkeytaker
jwr6404
ejmoore510
kilngod
scarzi
luv daises
plantman50
highalttransplant
tndandelion
gallaure
strmywthr3
mayeeta
SLO_Garden
county-gardener
(Heather from Canada)
danincv
Growbox13
luvgardening2
coolbythecoast
ilovefarac
northernmich!
lisa627ohionzn6
grovespirit
flowerpowernc
appaullo
antoinine
growlikecrazy
purple acres
gr8atweeds
zztopsoil
heyenas

Boy, is this list getting long! That is so awesome! Christy

o

Alrighty, I sent my package today.
Tom

o

I would like to join if its still open?

Thanks
Patti

o

I have tried to post twice, but some reason the posts did not stick. I am interested in joining if it is still open. I already even got my seeds ready to be sent. Let me know if I am too late.
Lisa

o

Seeds need to be received by me by January 24th, 2009...Chris stated so yeahhhhhhhhh, send them.

But leave off your name or use one of our nicknames...Christy really likes confusion :) and ZZTop.

Sure hope my big seed trades come in...I traded like mad over Christmas break because I had time.

Maybe use a translator and send everything in Finnish or Ukranian...hmmm, am I mean Christy?

Earl

o

Still have a few weeks left for sign ups. :) Keep those sign ups coming! :D

o

Welcome Kirsti from Canada!, patti1957, and douglasls!

bonechickchris
booberry85
austinnhanasmom
yotetrapper
dirtdiggin
sunnyk
Southerncharm1
turkeytaker
jwr6404
ejmoore510
kilngod
scarzi
luv daises
plantman50
highalttransplant
tndandelion
gallaure
strmywthr3
mayeeta
SLO_Garden
county-gardener
(Heather from Canada)
danincv
Growbox13
luvgardening2
coolbythecoast
ilovefarac
northernmich!
lisa627ohionzn6
grovespirit
flowerpowernc
appaullo
antoinine
growlikecrazy
purple acres
gr8atweeds
zztopsoil
heyenas
(Kirsti from Cananda)
patti1957
douglasls

Earl, I can handle Italian, but if I get any envelopes written in Finnish, I am going to beat you!!!! ha! Christy

o

kyll varmasti...

o

Ok finally got my seeds mailed out today, they are enroute.

o

Hey Earl, where's the Ukrainian?
Добрый день.

o

sufficiente Assolutamente ! (Italian)

o

Howdee,

Seeds are on the way. 50 packs of the little buggers.

Acres

o

ROFL Too cute!!! :D

o

Fri, Jan 9, 09 at 9:59

You guys are nuts LOL!!

o

NUTS are we now...

Maybe NUTS have more threads...lol

Every time I tried Russian or Ukraine, the preview showed some circle letters...hmmm.

Maybe if I got my teeth fixed!

o

Fri, Jan 9, 09 at 13:10

Ok...now you've gone and made me snort my coffee....rotflmbo....

o

Hi Acres!

My seeds went out on Tuesday, so they should arrive soon.

Bonnie

o

My tomatoes (seeds just arrived will be packing them ASAP . Chris

o

, dialup . , , dialup. .

o

would like to participate if this is still opened!

o

Hello;

Please sign me up for this swap! I have an order of seeds coming, and hopefully I will get it in time to participate. If not, I'll let you know! Thanks!

P.S. will send a private email for the addy.

o

Totally OT!

Dirtdiggin, what language is that?

o

boobery - It's the computer's version of Russian. Looks like it translated into a version that programs could uderstand due to most of the symbolic style of characters not being available in programs like notepad etc.

o

You guys are crazy! :)

Welcome to Opie and enwife!

EVERYONE READ PLEASE!!!!!

This thread is one post away from being filled! SO I am going to create a "sign up part 2 thread" so we can continue sign ups and for the few of you guys, to have a place for you to continue your crazy posts!!!!

Thanks everyone for a successful turn out! To Be Continued...................

Christy

bonechickchris
booberry85
austinnhanasmom
yotetrapper
dirtdiggin
sunnyk
Southerncharm1
turkeytaker
jwr6404
ejmoore510
kilngod
scarzi
luv daises
plantman50
highalttransplant
tndandelion
gallaure
strmywthr3
mayeeta
SLO_Garden
county-gardener
(Heather from Canada)
danincv
Growbox13
luvgardening2
coolbythecoast
ilovefarac
northernmich!
lisa627ohionzn6
grovespirit
flowerpowernc
appaullo
antoinine
growlikecrazy
purple acres
gr8atweeds
zztopsoil
heyenas
(Kirsti from Cananda)
patti1957
douglasls
opie
enwife

o

My tomato seeds arrived!!! Thank you everybody for sharing your tomato seeds with me! I love them all!!
And Christy thank you for hosting this swap , you did a great job with your selection. It looks like I'm the first one who received my package! I guess the postman is making up for the lost jackpot 21 swap package! Chris

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here