Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flwrs4ever

UPDATE: Secret Santa Swap ( thank you's and games ) 3

flwrs4ever
10 years ago

Please fill up thread 2...then come here to post !

I would like to thank everyone for being so caring and generous to others...may you all have a very Merry Christmas and I hope 2014 is a great year for everyone !

Comments (150)

• pinkiris
    10 years ago

Many thanks to Lisa (ishareflowers) for the beautiful card and the wonderful selection of blue balloon flower, melady blue asters, doube white balloon flower and asclepias milk maid...wow! these all look so beautiful! going to try my hand at wintersowing these! thank you so much Lisa!

would also like to thank Sharon (gmom2-6boys) for the beautiful card and the veronica purple seeds! Also going to wintersow these =) Thank you so much Sharon!

Wishing Sharon and Lisa a blessed Merry Christmas & a prosperous 2014 gardening season, I feel so blessed, thanks Ladies =)

• cghpnd
    10 years ago

yippy, more cards and more seeds! YAY

Now correct me if I am wrong.
    My son (8 yr old) opened the cards and sorta kinda mixed the seeds up. He Loves gardening too. So he was just as excited as I was.

Thank you all for the beautiful cards. All of my cards this season has been from the awesome participants of this swap! You guys rock!

OK lets see if I got this right
    A doggy with a hat on.. So cute! from Heidi (xiangirl).with Bee Balm Marshalls delight and Bergamo. Thank You Thank you!

A pretty card with Deer on it. Colors that match the season for sure! From Lisa (ishare) With Purple Bee Balm and Amaranthus Green tail seeds . Never heard of that kind, my son showed me what kind it was and Ohh its so pretty. Thank you !!!!!

And the last one is A Blue homemade card with cool snow flake patterns on it from Micyrey.Thanks alot for the Green Flower Milkweed,purple coneflower and Amaranthus !

Every seed that has been sent is going to be used on several properties for Butterflies! And other pollinators!!!
    Thank You Thank you!

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    10 years ago

ROOFTOP
    LOVE
    WRAPPING
    ADVENT

ANYONE GETTING CLOSE TO A BINGO ??

• clipclop
    10 years ago

thanks Gardendad 2K10 got your cute card todaywith the wonderful assortment of seeds money plantPurple russian tomato, bee balm petunia amaranth cucumber. excited for spring to come!

• ruthz
    10 years ago

Picture a black card with a glittery snowman, snow and stars on front, arriving in a black envelope with a snowman face on front.
    Painted by Sydney & MeeMee.
    Beautiful!!!
    Thank you for the beautiful card and sharing your Corno di Torro Rosso, Orange Scotch Bonnet seeds, recipes for Raspberry Pepper Jelly & Stuffed peppers.

MissyGA64, Sydney & MeeMee, Merry Christmas to you all.

• kchd
    10 years ago

Thank you, yote_trapper, for the card, tomato, and pumpkin seeds! I am especially excited about the pumpkin seeds. It will be a new variety for me to try.

Katie

• flowergirl34
    10 years ago

Phew! I'm finally able to get on here :) YEAH!!!

I've been trying for 2 days now, and it wouldn't let me on? Maybe others are having this problem too??

Anyhoo, I would LOVE to thank a bunch of gw'er's for including me in their Christmas this year :)

Jessica, foreverRecycleReuse, sent me the cutest Santa puppy card...adorable! She also sent me some Beefsteak Tomato (WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!) and some Purple Cherokee Tomatoes (never tried, but, can't wait too) THANK YOU!!!

Kim, plant~one~on~me, for the lovely home made card...love the SNOW FLAKES!! and the amazing Ground Cherry Seeds she sent! THANK YOU!!!

Jasmine, jas_il, for the beautiful watercolor deer scene card. SO PRETTY!! And the Poppy: Pastels Mix, and Morning Glory Heavenly Blue and Milky Way (I've never heard of Milky Way. Looked it up and its amazing!!)THANK YOU!!!!!

Linda, roper2008, sent me the cutest Santa card. Love the candy canes!! And holy moly....Hibiscus: White Chiffon (HAPPY DANCE!!), Italian Heirloom Tomato (can't wait to try :), and Cosmos: Redcrest...THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!!!

It's been such a crazy week with the all the running around and you all have made it so festive for me :)

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR GENEROSITY!!!

Happy Winter Solstice Eve :)
    vina

• katbird
    10 years ago

whoo Hooo!!! got two cards today one from
    Nature Girl 2007 received a frosty morning type card along with Yarrow, English Daisys (can't wait to sow) and Columbine!! Thank you very much!!!
    Also received
    NiKKiNeel
    received a wonderful hand made card with Christmas Basil and Purple Butterfly Bush seeds!! (can't wait to try the basil)

Merry Christmas to both of you and may your thumbs always be green!!

Kathy

• dem_pa
    10 years ago

Three more thank yous.

VAJeff A Beautiful Christmas card. Inside cleome
    pink and purple, white datura, asclepias curassavice, balloon flower"Sentimental Blue".

Clipclop Mr. and Mrs. Snowman Christmas card. Inside red, pink, and white cosmos and purple coneflower.

MissyGA64 Beautiful hand-painted Christmas card. Inside Amish deer tongue lettuce, penstemon Gulf Coast, Datura yellow Ballerina, lettuce butterhead, carrot Little Finger, radish candela d. fuoco.

Thanks to all of you. The seeds are greatly appreciated.

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    10 years ago

I got a lovely, shiny Santa card from sweet Mandy/l1oness today! She sent a terrific recipe for Garlic Dill Refrigerator Pickles (Yum!) AND the seeds for pickling cucumber and dill. She also gave me Calendula seed. Very thoughtful! I really look forward to growing them all... thank you, Mandy!

This post was edited by Panhandle_Seed_Swap on Fri, Dec 20, 13 at 20:44

• poisondartfrog
    10 years ago

Nikki, please thank Sarah Kate for helping make a wonderful card! Christmas Basil, Swirls Zinnia and Coleus, Chocolate Covered Cherry were icing on the cake. Thank you both!

Missy (MissyGA64) is that your art work on a very elegant black card? You are talented!! And thank you for the Naranjilla seeds. I can't wait to try them!

• missyga64
    10 years ago

I received two cards today.

VaJeff sent a cute snowflake card with Persimmon, Purple Calabash and Coyote Tomatoes , and Asclepias Curassavica and Asclepias Turbarosa. I am so excited for my winter sowing project tomorrow. . . Thank you so much

Socialgardengal sent a beautiful snowy Cardinal card with Milkweed, Valarian and Chamomile. . . My herb garden is going to be a lot bigger than my husband thinks. LOL Thank you so much for adding to my herb collection.

• Ruby_Dog
    10 years ago

I'm slow in acknowledging two cards that arrived yesterday. Thanks to:

Va Jeff, who sent a festive snowflake card containing Zinnia profusion Knee high Red and Pink & Purple Cleome. I grew the profusions last year and loved them, but I don't know this variety, so I'm excited! And something (deer?) ate my patch of cleome last summer, which is why I don't have any seed saved.

SoCalGardenGal/Christine sent a beautiful, sparkly snow scene with a cardinal in a holly bush. In the card were 3 tomato varieties: Big Rainbow, Ingegnoli Gigante Liscio and Pink Brandywine, and purple cleome. I can use plenty of cleome and the tomatoes sound wonderful--I'll be looking them up!

Then today, which was one of those days when nothing much went right, I got home and found three more cards! More thanks to:

lexiegurl/Dawn sent a glittery Santa, carrying packages (hopefully full of seeds!). She included Barlow Jap, Mortgage Lifter and Pink Caspian tomato seeds, Savoy cabbage and Marketmore 76 cucumber. Such a variety--and I love trying new tomatoes!

redthreaddiy sent a cute polar bear cub card containing another wonderful variety: Black Russian Truffle, Bola Macizo, and Coyote tomatoes, SMR58 Pickling Cukes and Cleome. This will be a bumper year for heirloom tomatoes (and I always grow plants for our local community garden).

And MissyGA64 sent a gorgeous, handpainted card with a silver night sky and snowman. Artwork by Sydney and MeeMee. Inside is Mizuna (yummy and pretty-frilly), 2 lettuces- Rossa di Trento and Red Leprechaun, and Melon- Healy's Pride. I love your pretty seed envelopes, Missy!

I enjoy reading what everyone's receiving almost as much as getting cards. I also like seeing the various ways folks package their seeds, very creative.

Thanks to all for the wonderful variety of seeds!

And, I mailed mine today. Hope they have smooth sailing on their way.

Betsy

• katkni
    10 years ago

I got to mail out my packages AND my bingo card is half full!!

• plant-one-on-me
    10 years ago

This is the never ending seed swap for me this year. I am more thrilled than anyone can even imagine. I think my 21 year old nephew is a little jealous because he keeps handing me card after card. This is the most generous group of swappers!

Shirley/SJC48 thank you for the cute handmade card (I may barrow this idea :) and the large packet of Renegade spinach...I can never get too much spinach...love, love, love spinach salads.

I am having a ball seeing how excited everyone is and what an incredible variety of seeds being delivered.

• roper2008
    10 years ago

I received a very cute glittery polar bear card from
    Dawn (lexigurl). In it is Marketmore 76 cucumber,
    black beauty eggplant and blue lake pole bean. Thank
    you Dawn.

I also received another pretty santa card from Patricia,
    that's my sister's name too. When I was little I use to
    call her Piesy, then Potsie, and finally to this day Patsy.
    Patricia (patrob) sent me White Profusion Zinnia, never
    grown this one before, English Thyme and Agastache
    Golden Jubileeâ¦Thanks Patricia

• l1oness
    10 years ago

Shirley (SJC48) - You made my day today. I got the card in the mail, and it's a beautiful homemade card, with snowflakes and a cute message.

But then I opened the card, and saw the gold foil packet. At that point, I didn't even care what was in the packet, my mind went to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and thought "I got a golden ticket!". Silly thought - but I was so excited. I am looking forward to trying the Cucumber Diva that is in the packet, even though it isn't the golden ticket to the chocolate factory! :-)

Have a great weekend everyone!

Mandy

• missyga64
    10 years ago

I am 1/2 way to bingo.

Poisondartfrog and Ruby_dog- no it is not my design. I learned to paint it in a decorative painting class years ago. Sydney is my 10 year old granddaughter. She and I worked on the cards together (she wrote Sydney & MeeMee on the back, that's what she calls me). Thank you for the compliments, we had a great time making the cards last summer while she was visiting.

• sjc48
    10 years ago

Mandy, glad you liked the card AND the golden ticket, oops, no, I mean the Cukes! Hope they do well for you!

Plantoneonme, the idea is yours to use! Don't be surprised if you come up with lots of other ideas while making that one. I had to call it quits after 6 variations!

And last but not least, I received a pretty Santa card from VaJeff/Jeff today, along with 4 packs of seeds! He sent me Gaillardia Goblin -YES!!, pink and purple Cleome, Wild bergamot, and Echinacea Purpurea - YES, YES, YES!! I got rid of all my butterfly bushes this fall and intend to replace them with Echinacea. It attracts the Tiger Swallowtails way better than the BFB. Thank you, Jeff!

Grocery shopping today, really tired me out, off to bed!
    Shirley!

• socalgardengal
    10 years ago

Just returned home from my trip and found 3 cards in the box. Brought a huge smile to my face!!!
    I received a beautiful deer Seasons Greetings card from Lisa(ishareflowers). Inside were Heucheras Pistache and Frosted Violet also Espresso and Confetti Geraniums, Blue Surprise Sweet Woodroff and Geum Cookie! Wowee! LOVE EM'! Thank you and Merry Christmas to you Lisa!

Received from micyrey an Awesome Merry Christmas card with snowflakes with Kleopatra and Cherry Roma tomatoes! Never heard of these. LOVE IT! I have an obsession with tomatoes! Also included were Chives which I use in Everything I cook! Thank you and Have a very Merry Christmas!

Received a Beautiful Homemade card with a hand painted snowman from MissyGA64! Inside were Broccoli Raab Zamboni and Basil Crimson King! 2 new to me seeds! Thank you very much! Going to start the Broccoli tomorrow!!! My first attempt at growing broccoli :) Better a couple weeks late then never. Merry Christmas Missy!

Thank you all so very much! It puts a huge smile on my face with all the generosity from everyone! Glad to see a few cards I sent are making it to their new homes :) Happy Holidays!!!!

• aquadragonfly
    10 years ago

I received a beautiful black card today, with a glittery hand painted snowman and the North Star in the background with snow gently falling. I LOVE this card thank you MissyGA64 & Sydney this is just way to cute!
    Inside was:
    Sweet Peppers Mini Bell Mix (can't wait for these!!! Thank you so much!)
    Tomato Black Ethiopian (this one is new for me, never heard of it. Excited to try it!)
    Collars Morris Heading (OMG THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!) I have been trying to get these! I can't thank you enough!

:) Aqua

• dirtdaddy
    10 years ago

Halfway to BINGO!

Much thanks to Vogt 0047! Chicken heart pepper, lime and lemon basil, yum! Amish purple and Zapotee tomatoe.Golden scallop squash and the purple turnips. yep.

Thanks Sydney, mee mee and MissyGA64 for the black card with the snowman! It's very beautiful! Also thanks for the garden seeds!
    Dwarf parsley,fennel, ours did well last year but never went to seed,Black Diamond thai pepper, early Jalepeno pepper and Big Rainbow heirloom tomatoe!
    PEACE! dd.

• jimryder
    10 years ago

Thank you gardendad_2k10 for the cute card and Great Blue Lobelia seed!
    Tonya

• katbird
    10 years ago

I received two more cards today and am tickled pink at both of them!!
    1st one from MissyGA64 two different types pf marigolds (one of my favorite flowers!!) and Shasta Daisy seeds! another favorite!! they were enclosed in a beautiful hand made christmas card.(great talent!)
    Thank you very much Missy!

2nd was from ilovefarac included african daisy akila white and drum roll please.. Redbud tree seeds !!!!!
    What I was really wanting.. you made my day!!

Wishing a great Merry Christmas to both of my Secret Santas'!

Katbird

• missyga64
    10 years ago

I received 2 pretty cards today

Mchille320 sent a pretty snowy cardinal card with pepperchini seeds

Detroitgrl77 sent a clittery ornament card with green zebra and vintage wine tomatoe seeds. . .

3 more seeds I didnt have yet.

thank you both so much,
    Missy

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    10 years ago

I got a bubble mailer full of seeds from vogt0047 (Sarah) today!!! The card is very Christmassy with an old-fashioned village all ready for Christmas. :) The seeds are fantastic: Coriander, Caraway, Magenta Cockscomb, Strawberry Popcorn, Calendula and Rudbeckia... WOW! Thank you so much!

• l1oness
    10 years ago

From Jeff (VAJeff), I received a snowman card, with garlic chives (yum!) and "purple calabash" tomato seed - after reading the description, it has moved to my "must grow in 2014" list. Thank you very much!!

I also received a beautiful glittery poinsettia basket card, with a bunch of new to me seeds from Dawn (lexiegurl) - thank you very much! Some of the new to me seeds included Super Italian Paste tomato, cosmic purple carrot, dark seeded early perfection pea, straight 8 cucumber, pimento pepper, bibb lettuce, scarlet nantes carrots, white libson onion, and Thorogreen lima bean. Along with a few oldies, but goodies - bloomsdale spinach, black seeded simpson lettuce, big boy tomato. Wow! Thank you!

I want to thank everyone very much - my 2014 garden will be full of tastiness, and a wide selection of things I hadn't thought of, with everyone's generosity.

Mandy

• SusieQsie_Fla
    10 years ago

I got two beautiful sparkley, glittery cards today and I hit the jackpot on seeds - again!

From Christine (socalgardengal) I am loaded down with tomatoes: Dr. Lyle and Jaune Flamme and Frazier's Gem and Dwarf Czech Bush PLUS Orange Manzano pepper, Cypress vine, morning glory AND Baptisia. Most of these I've never even heard of, so I am going to have lots of fun researching . . . then growing.

More tomato seeds came in from Wonder Weasel (I love that name!) - two more I never knew about with great names: Chocolate Stripes and Lemon Ox-heart . . Yippee!!, right? Plus a different kind of morning glory seed that I can't wait to grow up the fence!
    It's a good thing these seeds are so hard - the PO machine tried to damage them, but they went right through the card and the envelope paper, leaving partly torn indentations! It looks like a steamroller ran over them, but not one is smooshed!

Anyways, thank you Jordan and Christine with much appreciation for your generosity. And I wish you the best Christmas and awesome gardening seasons!

Susie

• katbird
    10 years ago

I received another card in todays mail super excited!! A sweet Dr Seuss christmas card with a full packet of Pink Pampas Grass!! Doing the happy dance!!
    Thank you Jim Ryder to both you and your wife!
    May you have a wonderful Christmas and keep those thumbs green!
    Kathy

• patrob
    10 years ago

Thank you, Missy (MissyGA64) and Sydney for the beautiful handpainted snowman card! I'll also enjoy the seeds for datura Yellow Ballerina, Buttercrunch lettuce, and naranjilla. The naranjilla is a new fruit for me, and it will be fun to grow it!

Melinda (ilovefarac), I want to thank you too for the pretty card and seeds for two of my favorite flowers! I'm delighted to receive seeds for Sunflower Evening Sun and Echinacea Mama Mia!

• pinkiris
    10 years ago

Thank you so much Christine (socalgardengal) for the darling sparkly kitten card! I just love it! Also for the awesome selection of tomatoes and peppers you sent! wow! new mex pepper, Alma paprika pepper, anaheim pepper, santa fe grande pepper, brandywine pink tomato, ponderosa pink tomato, and pink accordian tomato! Gosh! I am super excited! thank you Christine wishing you and yours a blessed & Merry Christmas and a fabulous 2014 gardening season! =)

• aquadragonfly
    10 years ago

I received a Poinsettia Card yesterday (got it this morning) from rane_grow inside were OSU BLUE TOMATO SEEDS THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH, I am so looking for to trying these blue tomatoes. I can't wait, so excited to receive these, thank you again!!!

:) Aqua

• dem_pa
    10 years ago

I received several cards yesterday.

From ilovefarac a wreath Christmas card. Inside were seeds for salvia coral nymph, wild cleome, geranium maculatem and prizehead lettuce.

From socalgardengal a kitten wearing a Santa hat. Inside were seeds for rudbeckia Irish eyes, datura, purple/white double ruffle datura.

From lexiegurl a beautiful Christmas card. Inside were packs of early wonder beets, cosmic purple carrot, red meat radish, purple plum radish, super fresh lettuce, little finger carrot, and giant Ceasar lettuce.

From redthreaddiy a beautiful Christmas card. Inside were seeds for,petunia, trailing magenta, money plant, Mahogany midget coreopsis, cleome, elephant head amaranthus, and moss rose.

From sjc48 a beautiful Christmas card. Inside was a pack of Rambling Red Stripe tomatoes.

Thanks to all of you for the great cards and seeds.

• lorabell_gw
    10 years ago

Received a Grinch card from jimryder for purple volcano salvia and gaillardias. Thank you so much. It.s 70 degrees out today and I've garden fever like crazy... Can't wait to try.

From missyGA 64 a beautiful handmade card..very nice indeed. Red cherry tomatoes, crystal apple cuc's, and naranjilla seeds. How interesting.

And thank you clip clop for the Santa card with salvia seeds. I'm enjoying this exchange so very much..

• socalgardengal
    10 years ago

Received an American Flag Home for the Holidays card from Annie(canyonwind) Inside were European Mesclun mix and Endive de Loviers! Sounds Yummy! Thank you very much for sharing Annie and Merry Christmas to you and your family!

• socalgardengal
    10 years ago

Sorry for the double post :)

This post was edited by socalgardengal on Sun, Dec 22, 13 at 19:18

• canyonwind
    10 years ago

More Secret Santa thanks to be given...yesterday three envelopes of cheer and happy Christmas wishes were in my mailbox......

The elves....
    Shirley aka sjc48 sent me a lovely handmade card! I love it...."LET It SNOW" with silver snowflakes.....and included
    were Organic Pepper Maya seeds....a new seed for me. I just read about them...the "HOT" new look for Habanero....right up my alley.Thanks so much Shirley!

Dawn aka Lexiegirl sent me a beautiful card glittered with Poinsettias in a basket. And seeds of delicious delight...Roma II Bush Beans,
    Blue Lake Bush Beans, Jalapeno Peppers and California Wonder Bell Pepper. Absoloutley fantastic...Thanks Dawn.

Redthreaddiy sent a cute...cute...cute card....a bright red stocking with a sleeping kittie and puppy, (along with some gifts) and seeds....Petunia Trailing Magenta, Rutgers Tomato, Cucumbers SMR58 Pickling. Wonderful...wonderful.....Thanks Katie!!

Ladies.....Thanks for sharing with me. You are all so generous and spirited.

I wish you a very Merry Christmas....

And I must add this....my cards/seeds are in route to some of you now.....please, if there is any postage due, email me and I will reimburse you.

Happy Monday to all. Be safe and have fun!

Annie

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    10 years ago

I was entering some "thank you" posts on the Rate & Review Exchanges" and I couldn't find one for Lorabell, so I started one. :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Lorabell's

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    10 years ago

Here's one for sweet MissyGA64 as well!

Here is a link that might be useful: MissyGA64's

• plant-one-on-me
    10 years ago

Round 3 of trying to post thank yous from Saturday...my computer keeps freezing up and I do not seem to be able to say thank you to 3 very generous Santas. Here goes again.......

Yotetrapper/Angela-thank you for the black seeded simpson and amish deer tongue lettuces; red beauty and yellow mini peppers; big sky Echinacea; white coneflower and common milkweed.

Socialgardengirl/Christine--thank you for the honey rock and Valencia winter melons; salad bowl lettuce and red kale (my 2 chickens love kale and so do I)

Vogt0047--thank you for sending me my FAVORITE veggie in 2 colors...purple and while kohlrabi!!! and the dwarf blue curled and red Russian kale; quinoa royal red; buttercrunch and grand rapids lettuce.

I plan on growing at least 1 of every single seed I received this year and cannot wait to see the pretty flowers and to taste all the wonderful fruits and veggies!!!

Thanks to everyone for making this such a fun Christmas!!! Kim

• Melinda Hagen
    10 years ago

Great day today at mailbox!
    Jeff(VaJeff) sent a lovely card with Zinnia Zahara Starlight
    Rose and asclepias curassavica. Great!
    Debby-1 sent me cosmos mix and oat grass!
    SoCalgardengal sent me Jupiter's beard, coreopsis lanceolata, tickseed coreopsis, and pink cosmos!
    And rane-grow-wow! sent me sends in beautiful Santa bag wrapped with bow--Zinnia mix,German giant tomato, Lucillus swiss card, mini yellow bell pepper, empress of india nasturtium,; tye dye mg, dwarf Alaska nasturtium, mahoghany midget coreopsis, cosmos Sensation, Dinosaur Kale, and tromboncino squash!!
    I am thrilled beyond words with all these wonderful seeds! Thank you all so very much! Melinda

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    10 years ago

Great mail day! I got cards and seeds from:

Aquadragonfly - Pretty Angel card, sweet Italian basil, Reisentraub grape tomato, Mammoth dill, Salsify, Christmas Lima Bean and Aunt Molly's Ground Cherry. What a generous, excellent, exciting selection! Thank you so much!

It's a Christmas miracle that it arrived... the USPS tore-off the entire front of the envelope. I have no idea how they knew where to deliver it. Thankfully, you securely taped the seeds inside the card! :)

poisondartfrog sent me a gorgeous 3D Santa card and 2 fantastic flower varieties that I'd never heard of. I had to look them up... beautiful! Cosmos fizzy rose picotee
    and Tagetes tenuifolia paprika... thank you so much!

Debby-1 sent me an adorable snowman card, blackberry seeds (so awesome!). She also sent me a gorgeous flower that is new to me - Wood Poppy! Thank you so very much!

• debby_1
    10 years ago

I'm very behind in my thank yous. We had our Christmas this past weekend since this was the only time the whole family could be home. My grandchildren were here helping Granny with her cards so some may not be exactly right.

From Christine - socalgardengal I received Kaley's Pink hollyhock seeds, dwarf czech bush tomato, foxglove, ingeglio gigante liscio tomato, and Jaune Flamme tomato.

Jim and Tonya - jimryder sent sea holly, sunshine coneflower, zinnia giant flower mix, tiki torch coneflower, and nyagous tomato.

Lorabell - I also got one of her very cute poems. The card was very nice. She sent columbine lime sorbit, red romaine lettuce, and ornamental sunflower.

Detroitgrl77 sent Abe Licoln tomato and Azoychka tomato.

Clipclop - Linda sent poppy and 2 castor beans (yea).

Sjc48 - Shirley sent a beautiful handmade card, I just loved it. I got Raspberry daiquiri with the card.

From Karen, I received Alcea rosea "spring celebration", dianthus " velvet n lace", dianthus "indian carpet", a poppy, and agastache "giant white".

Lexiegurs - Dawn sent Carolina cucumber, Pink Caspian tomato, Alaska pea, Sub Artic Plenty tomato, Black seed simpson lettuce, Gajo de Melon tomato, Green Grape tomato, White libon onion, Blacktail Mountain watermelon.

Laura - sent cracker jack marigold, orange marigold, hollyhock, Lady tomato, red poppy, yellow black-eyed susan vine, and Hale's cantalope.

I think that is it for now but I have to go through the cards to make sure I haven't missed anyone. I thank everyone very much for the time, effort and thought sent with each card.

Debby

• clipclop
    10 years ago

Bonanza at the mailbox today! All the cards are so pretty
    Thanks Patrob for the zinnia cleome and sunflower.
    Alana (poison dart frog) for the cleome
    Nikki You must tell SaraKate I love her card it is precious and I am super excited about the corkscrew vine and hyacinth bean and zinnia and teddy bear sunflower Thanks so much.
    lexigurl can't wait to try those "new to me" varieties of tomatoes and cukes.
    debby1 thanks for the marigold and zinnias . They will surely add beautimus color to my garden!

• canyonwind
    10 years ago

Oh my goodness, more mailbox action today!!!!

Alana aka poisondartfrog sent a very pretty card with very colorful ornaments...and seeds, Antirrhinnum majus Lipstick Gold. Alana, thank you so much!!

Laurie aka FryMomma sent a very cute Santa, reindeer and snowman card....love his hat and seeds....Blue Wave Petunia, Portulaca, Coleus, Basil, Hot Pink Celosia, Mystery Coneflower, Long Floppy Hot Pink Celosia. Laurie, you were far to generous!! Thank you so much!!

Vina aka flowergirl34....well your card arrived. The postmark was Dec 13.....mail does seem to be moving a bit slower this year! The front of the card has a glorious picture of Pink Iris...lots of them. Vina, I trust you took this photo in your very own yard. I know your love affair with Iris......And seeds Siberian Yarrow Love Parade and Giant Blue Sea Holly. And the picture of Taylor, Billy, Cash and Dozer.....thanks so much! My husband just saw the pic...and, of course, could not resist to say that your kids were blond and must be German just like him...LOL! "Darn good looking kids"....Thanks so much Vina!

Alana, Laurie and Vina, a very Merry Christmas to you and yours. Thanks for sending the Christmas spirit my way and sharing your garden with me!

Merry Christmas to all...be well...be safe...be healthy...be happy!

Annie

• SusieQsie_Fla
    10 years ago

I continue to be amazed by all you generous gardeners . . . not only for what comes to my mailbox, but to all the mailboxes that I am reading about here. I am new at this stuff and did not know what to expect. This is amazing!

Today I am blown away by overflowing seeds in my cards.

Jim & Tonya sent the Grinch's wishes with seeds of Hollyhock, Romaine, English Daisy, Lion's Mane, Blue Victoria Salvia, Foxglove and Nyagous & Gold Medal tomatoes. I love this collection; everything is so cool!

A card decked out with tree ornaments from Detroitgirl Michelle contained two packets filled generously with Black Cherry and Great White tomato seeds. Ebony and Ivory ~ I love it! Thank you greatly.

And the sweetest Guide Dog pups on the card from Annie canyonwind just makes me smile when I look at them! Thank you, Annie for all the lettuce seeds ~ I've already sown half of each pack and will share the plants with my son's family.

I also got a card with smiley snow-people and Dawn's wishes for a bountiful harvest - with all the seeds in there, a bountiful harvest is "in the bag!" Lots and lots of lettuce seeds, plus Veepick, Remy Rouge, Marmande and Aunt Ruby's German Green tomato seeds - and none of these do I already have, or even knew about!

Thanks a million, LexieGurl, for taking the time to send these to me and thanks to jimryder for filling up the card you sent with precious garden treasures.

I wish you all a Very Merry Christmas. Mine is certainly happy already!

And many thanks go out to Santa Kym for all her hard work to make this possible for us all. She is amazing, too!

Susie

• dem_pa
    10 years ago

Two more thank yous.

From Ruby_dog a snowman Christmas card. Inside seeds for Siberian iris "Ceasar's brother", helenium "red and Gold", and rudbeckia "Cherry Brandy".

From Xiangirl who sent me a dog wearing a hat Christmas card. Inside were seeds of "Picotee" cosmos, "Secret Affair" coneflower, "Cheyenne Spirit" coneflower, Helenium autumnale "Western", burgundy blanketflower, "Whiite Dove" coneflower, "Sensation" cosmos, and "Rose Queen" cleome.

All the cards and seeds are greatly appreciated. Thank you and have a very Merry Christmas.

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    10 years ago

WOW! I got dahlia bulbs from Jim and Tony a Ryder (jimryder). That is so awesome! Thank very, very much. They sent a really cool Grinch card, too. (love it!). What a great Christmas present. :) Thanks again! Merry Christmas!

• poisondartfrog
    10 years ago

Lisa/ishareflowers sent a frosty botanical card with Peppermint Stick Zinnias, Torenia and Stokesia seeds. I love the card and the seeds!
    Susie (is that you Susieqsie?) sent a pretty covered bridge covered with snow card with Salvia Coral Nymph and Asclepias curassavica Silky Gold seeds. I love these too!
    Thank you both, Alana

• l1oness
    10 years ago

Merry Christmas Eve everyone! I have a few more thank you's today!

I received a pretty sparkly kitty card (with a hat!) from Christine (socalgardengal). Enclosed were some fantastic seeds of Jingle Bells Pepper (how festive!) and three tomatoes - Black Krim, Black Sea Man (yay!), and Black Mavr (sounds fantastic!). Thank you very much!

From Betsy (Ruby-Dog), I received a cute santa & reindeer card with snapdragon, cilantro, and dark green zucchini - thank you! I love to have snapdragons in my mailbox garden!

Iris (rane-grow) sent me a card with a cute polar bear carrying a gift. Inside I found seeds of Krystal columbine (those look beautiful!), mammoth dill, and Vorlon tomato (this is one I've always wanted to try!). Thank you!

Nikki (nikkineel) sent a cute snowman card that her daughter made (adorable!). Inside she sent me some Twinny Peach snapdragons (those look beautiful!), Pole Beans Malibu (these look fantastic), and Kellogg's Breakfast tomato (those are tasty!). Thank you Nikki!

Merry Christmas - stay safe and enjoy your holiday!

Thank you,
    Mandy