Return to the South African Native Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
clivia seed banks

Posted by baci z10Ca (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 24, 06 at 9:08

I am looking for clivia seeds, and am considering joining some of the organizations to obtain some unusual varieties. Does anyone have any experiences with some of the seed banks of these organizations?
I have had a bad experience with joining an unrelated seed bank, and want to avoid spending money without hearing of a seed banks reputation first. I am interested in any experiences in the varieties offered, and if they follow through in sending.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: clivia seed banks

• Posted by baci z10Ca (My Page) on
    Wed, Jan 25, 06 at 9:55

Bumping this down.

o
clivia seed banks

• Posted by strever z9a N/CoastalCa (My Page) on
    Wed, Jan 25, 06 at 21:18

baci
what organizations with seed banks are you referring to ?

Dick

o

Fri, Jan 27, 06 at 4:56

I am looking for a clivia organization I have not had any experience with them. My seed problem was with CRFG. They have a seed bank problem & are supposed to be straightening it out, but it has been a year of past orders and no seeds. I am supposed to get them & they are working on it, but I have paid a lot of money for seeds that should be planted fresh.

o

• Posted by strever z9a N/CoastalCa (My Page) on
    Sat, Jan 28, 06 at 16:37

baci
there are several groups you should look into
in Calif check out NACS, in March they will have a convention http://www.northamericancliviasociety.org/home.php
& you should join the yahoo groups
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/clivialovers/ and http://groups.yahoo.com/group/clivia-enthusiast/

best of Clivia growing
Dick

o

Sun, Jan 29, 06 at 9:18

Thanks, Dick I have contacted NACS & appreciate your also suggesting them. I will also check out the yahoo group. By the way, if you know of any amaryllis society, I would appreciate that information. There is new forum here, but I am also looking for an amaryllis seed bank also.

o

H'lo
A great source of absolutely fresh seed is Silver Hill seeds in south Africa. They are not real cheap but I think are reasonable. I have paid up to $4 for the rarest sorts . They keep you on a list and as soon as they get a crop of seeds in , they will email you right away. I keep my credit card details on file with them so when they have something I want, I just send them a list and tell 'em ' You know where to send them". They also have hundreds of indigenous seeds in their catalog which you can order the regular way. Search on google.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the South African Native Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here