Return to the South African Native Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking Zantedeschia/calla lilly

Posted by jxa44 8 (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 13, 04 at 15:39

You would think this would be an easy plant to find . . .

I'm looking for *colored* calla lillies -- especially the very dark maroon colored ones. I'm having a difficult time finding a source on the web. I found a company in Oregon and I know that Brent and Beckys will eventually have them (their 04 catalog isn't online yet).

Anyone have other sources?

Thanx

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking Zantedeschia/calla lilly

k. van bougondien was offering "black forest" a deep purple-black variety as well as other colored forms. they are wholesale but probablly would accept a minamum order of 50.00--they were selling 6 bulbs of that variety for 49.50 anyway in their 2002 catalog. check out www.kvbwholesale.com and see what might be available.

o

If you go down to your WalMart today, you're in for a big surprise ... tah dah (sung to the tune of Teddybear's Picnic).

Picked up three kinds of coloured calla rhizomes here in Texas yesterday. Check your WalMart out. I now have flame, an orange/red with speckled leaves, the dark lavendar purple, and a pinkish white. They also had yellow and white. All at $2.79 x 2 rhizomes if memory serves me correctly.

o

Thank you SowthEfrikan,you're right, Wallmart has loads, and I *also* found some at (of all places) Costco! Dark maroon -- not quite black, and not quite red, but pretty.

Thanx again.

jxa44

o

Thank you SowthEfrikan,you're right, Wallmart has loads, and I *also* found some at (of all places) Costco! Dark maroon -- not quite black, and not quite red, but pretty.

Thanx again.

jxa44

o

Glad you found them, I like them also. For some wierd, inexplicable reason, even though they originate from home, I never seem to think of them as South African plants.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the South African Native Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here