Return to the South African Native Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gerbera Daisies - I am VERY new to this!!

Posted by JenH1723 Missouri (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 30, 13 at 17:20

Hi everyone! I am VERY new to gardening. VERY NEW. Yesterday was the first time I have ever made an attempt to plant anything in my life. My husband purchased some bushes and shrubs for our front yard garden area, and he is responsible for those! I decided I wanted to go with daisies, because I think they are beautiful, and they just make me smile. We purchased them at our local nursery, and planted them about 2 hours later. I followed the instructions. Today, the daisies seem droopy, like they are really not adjusting well to their new home.

Any suggestions? Also, any tips on watering?

I have them in a location where they receive mostly sun.

Any advice would be very much appreciated. I really want to succeed my first time around!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gerbera Daisies - I am VERY new to this!!

Try asking about them on the perennial forum. This forum doesn't seem to be very active. If they are still alive, anything newly planted should be watered every day for a few days, then every other day, until the roots start getting adjusted.

o
RE: Gerbera Daisies - I am VERY new to this!!

They are probably in transition shock

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the South African Native Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here