Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maggersmagoo

Sad Clivia

maggersmagoo
18 years ago

I have what I've been told are Clivia plants. There are 4 of them, and though I recently had a sod lawn planted I asked them to leave these plants intact because I love their beautiful flowers.

Unfortunately the plants took quite a beating during the landscaping process. They left some of the green leafy parts partially buried, and they got mulch all down inside the plants. I unburied what I could, and dug out some of the mulch, but there is still a good bit down in there.

Now the plants looks just kinda sad and listless. Okay, I know they are not animals, but they just kinda droop, and they are not as green as I think they should be.

Is there anything I can do to liven them up? Can they live with that mulch in there? I couldn't figure out how to get it out without tearing the plants up. Could it just be that they aren't getting enough water? I'm not sure how much they need.

I'd appreciate any help, I don't want to have to dig these things up. I hear they take years before they flower, and these flowered last summer, so I'd like to keep them.

Thanks!

Comment (1)