Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
modjadje

zzzz ... our forum is asleep .. anyone there? Planting anything ?

Modjadje
20 years ago

hi all, i keep coming here to see if anyone posted something new, and it keeps being so deserted and quiet! As i would like to breathe a bit of life into our forum, i'm starting this thread so we can all pitch in and talk about our current enthusiasms .

My A. belladonna and nerines are sulking this fall, gave me but two scapes out of about 30 large bulbs ... they were moved last year, and experienced a quite colder than accustomed winter in their new home here in S.W. Oregon.

The Phygelius capensis aka Cape Fuchsia has been dapperly blooming since July and is still going strong. I kept trimming back the branch ends with the dead blooms and the plant kept producing sideshoots with new blooms ... i guess it will only quit after the first killing frost, which usually happens in these parts by the last week in October.

This morning i was thrilled to see scapes on the Kniphofia starting to push up out of the foliage ... color is so welcome in the garden this time of year!

I acquired some Schizostylis bulbs this summer and look forward to seeing them bloom; even though i am a native S.African, i've never seen live Schizostylis in bloom.

That's all from me, i hope someone else will jump in and get the ball rolling here.

Comments (2)