Return to the South African Native Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Side view of Aloe seedling pots

Posted by Conroe_Joe 8b (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 30, 03 at 12:32

Hi,

This side view shows the cheapie drinking cups I use. I put about 1/2 inch of pure perlite in the bottom, and then the seedling mix. They are 9 ounce cups, about 3 1/2 inches tall, and a bit less than 3 inches across the opening at the top. I really like being able to see if just a bit of water is left (condensate on inside of cup, below soil level). You can see such condensate if you have a very coarse seedling mix.

Some folks don't like to put anything at the bottom of the pot, they use seedling mix all the way to the bottom. Having tried it this year I will keep doing it, it seems beneficial.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Side view of Aloe seedling pots

Neato Joe...Thad

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the South African Native Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here