Return to the Salvia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
SALVIA Hot Lips Sage Bicolor Wt/Red - salvia microphylla - Wanted

Posted by plant_tender 4-5 WI (plant_tender@centralpets.com) on
Thu, Jan 6, 05 at 19:40

@>~~>~~~
Hello GW Members!

I am looking for:
*SALVIA Hot Lips Sage Bicolor White/Red - [salvia microphylla]* seeds.

View Photo #1 Of: SALVIA Hot Lips - salvia microphylla
View Photo #2 Of: SALVIA Hot Lips - salvia microphylla

If you have seeds of this type, ...
Please view my, *Seed Exchange List*, to see if
there is anything you might like to trade for:

http://members.gardenweb.com/members/exch/plant_tender
or click on the link below.

NOTE: Please Email Me ~Directly at ~> [plant_tender@centralpets.com], In Addition To Your Posted Reply Here, Otherwise, I May Not Know You Have Posted A GW (GardenWeb) Reply, Or Have These Specific Seeds Available.
I Don't Seem To Be Receiving 'Copies' Of GW Members Posted Replies, As I Should Be.

Likewise, If You Have Your GW Email Settings Set So That Your Email Address Is Visably Blocked At GW, It Is Very Possible That Even Though I Try To Email You Via GWs Email System, That You May Either Receive My Message Only In Part, Or Not At All.
This Has Happened To Me More Than Once.

Thank You,
plant_tender

@>~~>~~~

Here is a link that might be useful: View The Seed Exchange List For *plant_tender*

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: SALVIA Hot Lips Sage Bicolor Wt/Red - salvia microphylla - Wa

Have you experience in rooting cuttings that you can pass on to me? I have the plant you want but it gave no seeds last year.

Joseph

o

It has defied my attempts at rooting it but I will keep trying.

o

I'm very sorry my Hot Lips passed away a couple weeks ago. It's becoming more widely available, why not just buy one?

o

Our local "Home Depot" has Hot Lips. I bought mine in very early spring, sometime in March, and it's still blooming today! The only thing, it has not set one seed pod and I've probably had 1000 blooms. I would advise buying one also, I'm not sure if it is propagated by seed. It was in a gallon pot, very nice size plant and only cost $5.96. It is about 4 times bigger now, so it's a good investment. I, too am going to try some cuttings. Good luck on your search and if you do find seeds, please post that you did so I'll know that they do set seeds. May God bless you with his loving Grace, Mona

o

I just today bought one at Walmart of all places....Cindy

o

I think cuttings of the roots may work better and sure will see if I can find one next year. Love it.
Sunny

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Salvia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here