Return to the Salvia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Salvia 'Hot Lips' & Salvia chamaedryoides

Posted by Mikey SoCA-Z10-22/23 (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 27, 05 at 3:14

I have three trades of well rooted cuttings of Salvia 'Hot Lips' and Salvia chamaedryoides. Please see my trade wish list... Thanks - Mike
Salvia Photos

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Salvia 'Hot Lips' & Salvia chamaedryoides

I have a whole lot of seeds you're looking for:
Alonsoa meridonalis "Mask Flower"
Aquilegia coerulea "Rocky Mountain Columbine"(have to check if I sowed all these).
Briza media "Quaking Grass"- Sowed these- can send a seedling when ready
Verbascum phoenicum Violetta
Wahlenbergia undulate Melton Bluebird -small # of these
Salvia mexicana 'Lime Calyx'- small # of these
Salvia candelabrum
Plus small amounts of lots of other Salvia seeds, Agastaches,you name it!
I have free long distance- can go through my list of seeds & tell you how many of each I can trade. Or have cuttings of some. Thanks!
Rose

o

Wow Mikey,

When you say well rooted , you mean well rooted(they were small shrubs!). I only hope I can send you enough to make you equally pleased with the exchange. Today is my birthday & it was a great one. I must say the chamedroides was about 4x the size of a certain well known mail order nursery at which I paid $11 for a plant that didn't overwinter. They are eternal optimists with their zones. I told Ginny Hunt that I really appreciated her more conservative numbers. I'd rather bring it in than lose my investment! Yes at $11 plus shipping, it could be considered an investment, lol.
I really liked the way you used tape & closing the box to keep the plants from sliding around, were you an engineer before you retired?
Thank you again & again ! You made my day!

Rose

o

Hi Mikey,

I looked at your list, but didn't see anything that I have. I do have an "Indigo Spires" salvia which draws the butterflies like crazy. Mine is about 3" tall, so I don't know if you'd be intersted in trading. I could include rain lily bulbs that I just ordered... zephyranthes citrina and z. rosea. I could include 3 each. Does this sound interesting to you?

BTW, I have some Naked Ladies that I'm hoping with bloom this year. Can you tell me if you have to stake them up?

Thanks,
Xtal

o

• Posted by Mikey SoCA-Z10-22/23 (My Page) on
    Sat, Apr 2, 05 at 0:43

Hi Xtal and thanks for responding. Sorry but I already have made trades for all the rooted salvias on this and the plant exchange forum.

I don't stake my naked ladies. The ones that have too much shade sometimes reach for the sun and fall over after getting wet but the ones with more light are pretty upright.

o

I saw this post and it answered my question of how to propogate Hot Lips, which DH got me for my bday last month. I got two of these very busy plants from my favorite local nursery. Right now some of the flowers are completely red, some white and some white and red. Is this normal? I love the plant and it adds to my cottage type gardens here in se FL.

I loved your Salvia chamaedryoides. I am very partial to blues/purples in my gardens.

FlowerLady

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Salvia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here