Return to the Salvia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Salvia seeds for Salvia seeds

Posted by ninamora 6 (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 20, 07 at 19:02

Have fresh half packets of these to trade for Salvias I am looking for.
Ten seeds of each of these to trade:
Salvia pruewalskii
Salvia roemeriana 'Hot Trumpets'
Salvia hians
Salvia forskaohlei
Salvia splendens 'Caradiniere Orange', 'Saluti Dark Red','Carabiniere Scarlet'
Salvia lyrata 'Purple Prince'
Salvia sclarea
Salvia penstemonoides
Salvia napifolia
Salvia officionalis
Salvia staminea

I am looking to get these Salvia
Salvia africana-lutea
Salvia albimaculata
Salvia chiopensis
Salvia darcyi
Salvia disjuncta
Salvia dombeyi
Salvia jurisicii-really want this
Salvia madrensis-really want this
Salvia littae
Salvia puberella
Salvia spathacea
Salvia nubicola
Salvia regla

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Salvia seeds for Salvia seeds

Ninamora - I could collect some salvia darcyi seeds for you later this summer or possibly send you a plant. I planted one last spring that made it through the winter here and appears to have even made it through the late freeze that we had - still keeping my fingers crossed just in case. I collected a few seeds last year that I winter sowed and now have five seedlings.
I am interested in salvias that might winter over in zone 6 or at least 7, especially hummingbird magnets.

Please email me or post here. (I've heard a couple times lately that Gardenweb's email system isn't working very well).

o

christie,
I will save a lot of salvia seeds this summer. We should keep in touch and I'll keep you posted on what seeds I get that will over winter in your zone. I would love some darcyi seeds too.
Nina

o

Thanks Nina! - My darcyi spread from the time that I planted it last summer so it should have more seeds than last year. (hopefully) They germinated better for me than my greggi and guaranitica seeds. I still don't have any guaranitica seedlings. : ( It looks like at least one of my plants has made it through the winter though so I guess I'll try again next year.

o

Nina - I have collected some s. darcyi seeds and wondered if you still would like some. I sent you an email from Gardenweb a few days ago but not sure you got it.

o

I have blue and white salvia seeds that are available. I bought the plants last year at a garden store and they are my favorite in the garden. They grow 18-24" and have bloomed from spring until now. I want to expand to other varieties. I have collected many seeds from each plant and would like to add other colors. I would also like to get some salvia that is very tall. Sorry I do not know the proper names of my plants, I am very new to this exchange.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Salvia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here