Return to the Salvia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
wanted: sasbe for salvia seeds

Posted by phoebe1969 z8CA (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 14, 05 at 12:02

I am cleaning out my seed box and have some extra seeds of s. greggii, elegans, coccinea, farinacea's, superba, sinaloensis, muelleri, verticillata, forskaohlei, and o. jefferson. I want these to go to zone 7/8 growers or higher so they will be successfully grown. Coccinea might not make it either. I'm thinking nothing lower than say 28* for short periods would do it. I have enough for probably 3-5 folks. This is a SASBE - you supply it all cept the seeds :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wanted: sasbe for salvia seeds

Hi Paulette,

I bought some smoke-papers so I can try to germinate some of the salvias that respond to being treated with smoke residues, like carduacea and also some of the fire-adapted snapdragons I bought from the Thomas Payne Foundation. I'm psyched now to see those awesome flowers!

Getting any response from private emails for your offer here?

Joseph

o

Hi Paulette,

I thought I had all of yours, but maybe you can hold some muelleri for me. Thank you for Teresa, she's looking great! :)

Rose

o

I'd love to have some:

sinaloensis
muelleri
forskaohlei
o. jefferson

Just a few of each is fine. Thanks so much for the offer; I've got seedlings from your previous SASE growing happily.

Steven

o

I'd love some sinaloensis, forskaohlei and muelleri.
Thanks for the offer.
Susan.

o

oops - this should have been listed as a "have" will move, sorry for the confusion.

o

Phoebe,
I would love to have some Coccinea, (altho I am not in Zone 7/8).

ellen

o

Hi Phoebe,

I would love to have some of your S. sinaloensis, muelleri, and o. jefferson for SASBE, if you still have any left. Thanks, Barb

o

"Smoke papers?" What's that? I've just been reading that S. mellifera seeds respond to smoke. One paper says "dry or liquid smoke." What is "liquid smoke?"

o

Hi,

I don't remember sending an SASBE. I really dropped the ball on this one! If you have any of the ones I requested left, plmk and I will send the SASBE asap. Can't believe I could forget about a salvia...Barb

o

Would love to have salvia. PLMK. Thanks, Gladys

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Salvia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here