Return to the Salvia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wanted:salvia engelmannii seed

Posted by annette68 Australia Queensland (annettewright68@hotmail.com) on
Sun, Jan 12, 14 at 4:57

Has anyone got fresh seed of salvia engelmannii or salvia ballotiflora, I am chasing these 2........

TIA

Annette

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wanted:salvia engelmannii seed

Salvia engelmannii has been available from:

Native American Seed

They may be temporarily out.

Here is a link that might be useful: Native American Seed

o

Later this spring I can collect some if I see any. They are disappearing under the bulldozers of a new development. I have some in my place but I find them peculiarly hard to start. They do just appear right where I don't want them , like in the dirt road to my house.

o

I would really appreciate it if you would collect, I have salvia texana and penstemonoides which grow fine and would love some more of the Texan sages, if you ever
see seeds of salvia ballotiflora, urtifolia of the wild farinaceas I would love to try, I have salvia farinacea
Henry Duelberg and just adore it, thanks in advance...

Cheers Annette

o

I will email you. I grow Salvia ballotiflora but I have not seen it produce seeds. Maybe it is not self fertile and needs another plant to fertilize it. Urtifolia is not local to here. More in the south east of the US.. I do have other salvias and I will email you. I am warning you. I am a slow trader. My life is very disorganized right now.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Salvia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here