Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
annette68_gw

Wanted:salvia engelmannii seed

annette68_gw
10 years ago

Has anyone got fresh seed of salvia engelmannii or salvia ballotiflora, I am chasing these 2........

TIA

Annette

Comments (4)

• rich_dufresne
    10 years ago

Salvia engelmannii has been available from:

Native American Seed

They may be temporarily out.

Here is a link that might be useful: Native American Seed

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    10 years ago

Later this spring I can collect some if I see any. They are disappearing under the bulldozers of a new development. I have some in my place but I find them peculiarly hard to start. They do just appear right where I don't want them , like in the dirt road to my house.

• annette68_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I would really appreciate it if you would collect, I have salvia texana and penstemonoides which grow fine and would love some more of the Texan sages, if you ever
    see seeds of salvia ballotiflora, urtifolia of the wild farinaceas I would love to try, I have salvia farinacea
    Henry Duelberg and just adore it, thanks in advance...

Cheers Annette

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    10 years ago

I will email you. I grow Salvia ballotiflora but I have not seen it produce seeds. Maybe it is not self fertile and needs another plant to fertilize it. Urtifolia is not local to here. More in the south east of the US.. I do have other salvias and I will email you. I am warning you. I am a slow trader. My life is very disorganized right now.

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths