Return to the Salvia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
betsy clebsch

Posted by pccrozat z7 Lyon France (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 4, 08 at 9:16

Hello
I don t think I have posted here. I am Pierre and I garden in France, in Lyon (mild continental climate with strong mediterranean influence. temp can go down to -10C for 5 to 6 days in a row. water can be scarce in any season (or not).

I am looking for a really good book on sages. I liked the B Clebsch "book of salvias" (that i borrowed) and I would like to know if I should buy that book, or the "New The New Book of Salvias" from the same author, or something else?

thank you for your imput

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: betsy clebsch

The newer edition is preferable. Also, try The Gardener's Guide to Growing Salvias, by John Sutton. This book is written from the English point of view. Finally, keep your eye out for another book of Salvias by your countryman, Christian Froissart. I do not know what the name or publishing date will be. Perhaps Robin Middleton will know. I do not think thaty info is posted on his web site, but that is surely worth a visit.

Here is a link that might be useful: Robin's Salvias

o
RE: betsy clebsch

hello and thank you for your information.

I don't think the book from Froissard is out yet, and I don't know that name either. I will be looking for it.

thanks again

pierre

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Salvia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here