Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ramazz_gw

For Steve - Re: B&B seeds or plant

ramazz
17 years ago

Steve:

If what you want is a b&b and don't care if it is from seed or not, the easiest way is to just get a plant. I probably missed the beginning of this discussion - are the plants not available in Indy? I had a monster plant that I named Bruiser last summer and was giving away rooted cuttings to people at work. I still have 3 in pots that are in an unheated workshop. I am sure I already offered one to you, and the offer is still out there. It is too cold to send it now, but when spring rolls around if you want one, get back to me. By then, you may find one in Indy. I have several around my yard now and based on previous experience, they will be back next year.

I also have seeds, but of the ones I planted only about 1/3 sprouted - and some of them took almost a month to sprout. The others are still on a heat mat because who knows, they might still sprout. Have you already planted all your seeds? I also have pineapple sage seeds (salvia elegans), which I understand are "hard to find." Guess my plants were just overly enthusiastic this year. Of those, about 75-80% of the ones I planted have germinated.

I have been doing trades on gardenweb's exchange page, and that is my preferred way of sharing seeds. Send me an e-mail if you are interested in working something out for either seeds or the aforementioned plant.

No one who really wants one should be without a B&B.

Becky

Comment (1)

Sponsored