Return to the Salvia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
possible root of B & B

Posted by hummersteve Indy (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 3, 07 at 11:44

It has now been nine days for my b&b under lights and heat. In one section where there was a seed was there is this 3/4inch long thing that Im guessing maybe a root but no green. Is this the way these seedlings start? In one other section I do see some green with a long root. So far then If my eyes are deceiving me I have 2 out 9. Would you say If I get 4 or 5 I would be lucky? I will update.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: possible root of B & B

Hey, Steve. The first one of mine to sprout did send the root out first. I ended up with 8 of 20, but if your seeds came from a warmer climate, more of them will probably be viable than mine. Some of mine were iffy but the plant was about to freeze anyway.

The first ones of mine that sprouted now have nice "real" leaves on them - very cute.

Becky

o

Becky , the heat seems to make the difference for me for the one I tried in a baggy no heat still hasnt done anything and it has been exactly 3wks today. Yes I bet your first ones are cuties now. The scarlet sage I have is now 2 and 1/2mo old and several sets of leaves so i know what you saying. I will let you know if I get any more this weekend

Steve

o
another b & b root

Becky ---It looks like a third one is ready to sprout, I see the root, havent really seen the green yet, but I have hope. So I would be satisfied to get 3 of 9 if that what it turns out to be. There is still time but I havent seen any sign of another root. Im not greedy , Ill take what I get.

o

Steve:

Looking good!! Allow at least 3 weeks even with the heat. I think the last one of mine to sprout took almost a month. After all, they aren't taking up that much space. I hope you get more.

Becky

o

Becky-- Well its been almost a month now , 4 days shy of. It would be nice to get one or two more, we shall see.

o
RE: reneg of previous on b & b

Becky--sorry my mistake , must have been tired, it has actually only been two weeks since I started the 9 seeds guess It just seemed longer. Two weeks and three to germ so maybe I will get more, hopefully.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Salvia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here