Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
robinmi_gw

correct spelling of Salvia

robinmi_gw
18 years ago

Please be careful...it is SALVIA and not SALIVA!!!!!!!

Sorry to be picky....but they are hardly the same thing!

All the best,

Robin (UK)

Comments (10)

• youreit
    18 years ago

The cause of my saliva is due to the effect of the Salvia. :D

I tend to have issues with misspellings, as well (possibly Type A. retentive...). I know that when I quickly post a message and notice a mistype later, I'm horrified. :)

Brenda

• terryisthinking
    18 years ago

We all are.

However, I would never point fingers.

• robinmi_gw
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Glad that is sorted. I have a horrible head-cold now, and would hate to think that I was snorting Salvias on to the tissues!!!

Robin.

• terryisthinking
    18 years ago

The mind works in mysterious ways. I think most of the misspelling are the result of frantic typing errors, rather than ignorance of how a word is spelled. Announcing a person is ignorant, or requesting them to stop being ignorant isn't productive. Have you seen that e-mail going around with the following paragraph:

"I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rnaedig The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer inwaht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt.

• Heathen1
    18 years ago

drooooooooool! :) I salivate over salvias! :o)
    The Other Robyn

• Annie
    18 years ago

I wish we could edit our posts on GW like some other sites. I feel like Brenda. The moment I send it I see misspellings or redundancies and am horrified. It would be ideal if we could edit or even delete our posts. ~ SweetAnnie4u

• terryisthinking
    18 years ago

We do have a preview before posting. What I am saying is, people have different strengths and weaknesses. One may go through their days feeling it is their duty to correct people met.(I have relatives that believe they are doing you a favor!) But you do not have personal knowledge of people who post on the internet. I have seen a brouhaha created critizing spelling only to find out they are dealing with a person struggling with neurological problems or typing with their toes. There are many reasons a post won't be perfect that do not have to do with being careless or ignorant. And if they are either, that is for their mama to correct.

• ljrmiller
    18 years ago

Of course Salvia is the correct spelling, but certain Salvia species make me salivate... :-)

Lisa

• Gerris2 (Joseph Delaware Zone 7a)
    18 years ago

The most weird typo for a plant genus was when someone in the seed exchange posted she was looking for "Nigeria" when in fact she wanted "Nigella". Close, but no cigar! LOL

Joseph

• youreit
    18 years ago

LOL Hey, I'd like to grow an African country from seed, too! :D

Brenda

Sponsored