Return to the Salvia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
At the second Salvia Summit

Posted by rich_dufresne z7 NC (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 18, 13 at 0:41

I got back midweek from a visit to southern California, which started off at the second Salvia Summit, held at the Huntington Library and Botanical Garden.

While there, I got to meet both Rolando Uria and Robin Middleton, who run the Salvia web sites in Argentina and the UK, respectively.

The image was taken during the tour of the Cal State Fullerton Arboretum. From left to right, we have Rolando, myself, and Robin.

I could have spent at least another day meeting more of the attendees and touring more gardens.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: At the second Salvia Summit

I'm glad to hear that you had a good time. And, thanks for the photo.... it's nice to see with whom I've been conversing all these years.

o

This photo makes me look about 80!!!! I am only 63 and three-quarters!

Salvia summit was great, met so many wonderful and interesting people. A thrill to see so many native Californian species and hybrids in their natural habitat. have very little success with these in the UK......where it is unseasonably cold, wet, and depressing!

Regards to all........Robin.

o

• Posted by gerris2 Zone 7a Delaware (My Page) on
    Mon, Mar 25, 13 at 15:37

I hope some day to be able to attend the summit if it is still an ongoing conference. Nice to see you all in the photo.

o

Hopefully another Salvia summit in 2 or 3 years......perhaps in England!!!

o

I might've gone if I'd known about it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Salvia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here