Return to the Salvia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
MidAtlantic Salvias

Posted by sujiwan 6 MD (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 6, 10 at 9:07

I have a love affair with whatever salvias (and agastaches) I can find! I grow the hardy ones but adore those that come from the west and won't survive my PA/MD cold, wet soil. Sadly, the choices I find seem to be narrowing. A small scale place close by used to carry all types of salvias but they closed down and no one else I've found seems to be offering more than a smattering of the typical fare. I've ordered from High Country Gardens but sometimes the weather during shipping affects the plants en route and they are toast on arrival. Who do you use as your resources and when do you order?

Suji

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: MidAtlantic Salvias

Suji:
You may want to try Sweet Necter Nursery they have some interesting things. The other option is to go to Plant Delights Nursery (unless you have already done so).
Option 3 is grow some of your own, order seed online
and put in a small cold frame to get a jumpstart on the season.
Art

o
RE: MidAtlantic Salvias

Don't forget Rich Dufresne and A World of Salvias. He is also in North Carolina along with Plant Delights. If you email him, he will send you a list of available Salvias/

Susan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Salvia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here