Return to the Salvia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
didn't realize.

Posted by jwmeyer oregon (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 12, 05 at 17:21

Hi,
I sent a sase for free Savia seeds from a gal on this site. I did recieve the seeds fine but, I didn't notice the species...my mistake as I find out that it's a very good idea to know the species so as to plant under the right conditions. I didn't realize.. Would anyone recall this post? It was about a month-6 weeks ago and the hand printed label the the envelop says YVONNE'S SALVIA.
Any help is appreciated..

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: didn't realize.

I sent for them too and it was from the seed exchange site. Emily has pictures and some info there too. I just hope my plants grow like Yvonnes.
Helena

o

Thanks for the response. Do you recall the species, that is really what I'm looking for and I can't seem to find it on the seed exchange forum...

JM...

o

JM, you can find her post on the first page of seed exchange under MSkeez6MA. She has about 46 responses, in one of her answers she posted pictures. The plants to me look like a splendens "on hormones" growing to five to six feet. Maybe someone else can take a look to check on the species.
Helena

o

Got it! Thanks for the help....

JM...

o

Yes this salvia is definitely not one for the front of the border!!

o

Did anyone that received Yvonne's Salvia ever find out what it's name truly is? I don't mind calling it Yvonne's, but I'm pretty anal sometimes ;)

What a gorgeous plant it is!

Here is a link that might be useful: Emily's

o

This looks like the true species of S. splendens. A spectacular plant! This is the species fron which all the dwarf bedding plants have been obtained.

There is also a peach-coloured form which is even better!

Robin.

o
Yvonne's Salvia seeds

does anyone have any of Yvonne's salvia seeds they would like to sell or trade for , I have tried 2 other site with no response I currently grow salvia but they only frow 3 or 4 feet tall, I have some pure white hibiscus seeds I'd be more then willing to trade for them, please contact me at
steve5260f@aol.com

o

• Posted by dicot Los Angeles (My Page) on
    Sat, Aug 4, 07 at 17:18

Go to the main seed exchange page (not the salvia-specific one), I know there was a Yvonne's salvia exchange going on as recently as a few days ago.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Salvia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here