Return to the Salvia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Seedlings

Posted by hummersteve Indy (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 29, 07 at 21:23

Becky

Mine arent as big as yours, but you did start early. I have two flats full, but here are a few of my bigger and better ones.

Here is a link that might be useful: salvia seedlings

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Seedlings

Those seedlings look quite healthy. Keep up the good work.

o

Thanks Rich---Its going to be hard come decision time which ones I keep or not. I do have a space problem where I live.

o

Steve,
Well done my friend! Your seedlings look great. Hey we all oversow and then wonder where to put them. Give your extras to friends or plant them in a woodland park or take some to an elderly neighbor and plant them in his or her yard.

Penny

o

Right you are Penny, many of my best plants came over the fence. These are very good wildlife plants and should be shared.

o

Thanks Guys

Im proud of what ive accomplished so far and a lot of these will be kept , noticed walmart has a bunch of new pots in all sizes. Also some will be given away to those who want them. I plan to pot extras especially the coccinia and stick them just anywhere. I will be waiting for the B&B to come in and that will complete my collection.

Penny--many thanks for all the seeds and help, the coccinea and subrotunda seem very robust.

o

They are very robust and will give you lots of beautiful blooms.

Penny

o

I was just looking at my winter sowed pots and in one pot where I had B&B seeds it looks like a couple are trying to root I swear it looked like a couple spots of tiny green. Whenever this happened inside they would seem to germinate and you could see the green and then they would just not complete and fade out. I dont why that is and what I should have done differently for those to completely sprout and grow. I gave them a shot of chamomile tea water. They other pots are subrotunda and shades of orange of which there are many sprouts in each of those pots. The pot of subrotunda has maybe 15-20 sprouts that have leaves but not true leaves.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Salvia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here