Return to the Salvia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ID Help Needed

Posted by juneroses Z9a-Lady Lake, FL (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 18, 09 at 12:01

I believe the plants below are salvias, but what type? The row label says "May Night" but this is not the foliage or type of flower stem I know as "May Night".

The stem on the pictured plant is square. The foliage is someway grey green.

Thanks for your help. I haven't bought it yet but if it's a kind that will tolerate hot humid summers then I'm going back!

June

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ID Help Needed

juneroses:
That is a Salvia lycioides x greggii hybrid. The cultivar is named 'Pastel Purple' Pat McNeal had it come up at
his home here in Austin. Pat's list says Salvia lycioides
'Pastel Purple'. The species ID for S.lycioides is blue flowers.Many think this has hybrid origins as greggii is
also growing at Pat's home.If you look at S.'Ultra Violet'
you can see how purple gets into the gene pool as well.
Art

o
RE: ID Help Needed

I love that color! wish I could find it here where I live!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Salvia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here