Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sunsetnovicegardener

Has anyone transplanted S. guaranitica 'Omaha Gold'?

If you did, can you please share your stories?

My S. guaranitica ÂOmaha Gold is approx. 6 feet tall and 4 feet wide. 3 woody stems with diameter of 1-1.5 inches each come up from its base. It looks like a shrub now and has been always planted in the ground for last 1.5 years.

I am a novice gardener started to garden a little before my first S. guaranitica was planted. I love this plant and love how it looks: woody stems, upright and not too dense.

Currently it is planted too close to the fence for my new plan. I would like to move it 1-2 feet away from the fence so I can put a trellis and grow a vine behind my guaranitica to create a deep green background for its beautiful foliage. But if the risk of loosing this plant is too large then I will alter my plan. So I am seeking your advice here.

I have transplanted S. greggii, S. elegans, S. iodantha x tubiflora, and S. serpyllifolia before. All but S. serpyllifolia are success. Here "transplant" means that the plant was in the ground and was move to a different spot in the ground.

Thank you for reading my posting. And I also would like to thank you all for your input in this forum. I am learning a lot by reading other postings.

Miho @ San Francisco, CA

Comments (3)