Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ceterum

Source for Salvia Sinaloaensis

ceterum
14 years ago

I am looking desperately for a source (or for trade) for Sinaloa sages. I would appreciate if you could help me to find sources for this favorite edging plant of mine. I would need about six plants.

Comments (13)

• hybridsage
    14 years ago

ceterum:
    What part of the country are you in?
    Art

• basket76
    14 years ago

Yes I know where to find it but it's in France, nursery "Les senteurs du Quercy" ! I also have a friend who has the plant. I can ask him for seeds ?

• hybridsage
    14 years ago

There are plenty of places that sell this here in the U.S.
    no need to go overseas.
    Art

• basket76
    14 years ago

Be cool hybridsage ! It was for helping ...

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    14 years ago

LOL, the reading of "TONES" is not allowed before a good stiff drink.

Digging Dog nursery carries it, I think. I find it at my local nursery in Austin texas on a routine basis for $2 per 4"pot.

• voodoobrew
    14 years ago

Accents for Home and Garden sells it; see link below

Here is a link that might be useful: AHG

• ceterum
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hybridsage I am in southeast NC, coastal.

AHG does not have any. I ordered 6 from him when his website showed 10 and as an afterthought I added two pots of French tarragon. I got the two French tarragons but no sinaloa sage. I was darn angry because he didn't sent me even a note that sorry, we were out or else. Later he explained that he lost all his sn. sage plants including the mother plant. By that time I found no vendor who was selling this plant, that's why I came here asking for a trade or spare plants.

• voodoobrew
    14 years ago

Have you tried A World of Salvias? or Plant Safari?

• karen__w z7 NC
    14 years ago

Another NC source would be Sandy Mush Herb Nursery.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sandy Mush

• ceterum
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Wantonamara, if I cannot find a vendor, it would it be too much to ask to buy a fe 4 inc pots for me &2 per pot and send in a priority mail box to me. It goes without saying that I would send a check in advance to you, just calculate the total and tell me. then we can agree how we exchange addresses.

But first I check out Karen's link. I also contacted a vendor who does not have it now but tries to get hold of some.

• ceterum
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Sandy Mush does not list this salvia.

• karen__w z7 NC
    14 years ago

Look for Salvia sinaloea (page 6 on the Spring 2010 order form). Sinaloa sage is a common name for S. sinaloensis and I've seen that substituted into the species name sometimes, though I don't know that it's acceptable alternate nomenclature.

Here is a link that might be useful: spring 2010 order form

• ceterum
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Yes, earlier I tried Richard, that is A World of Salvias who promised me to bring 6 for a garden sale but when we met he said that part of his greenhouse didn't work properly an his sinaloa sages didn't root. So, he said, he would have some by mid-summer - way too late to start with small plants in this hot an humid climate.

However, thanks guys, I got my sinaloa salvia fix from premiumplantsplugs.com, just today. He didn't have it either but was willing to order, and in a week he got a tray. I ordered 10. He still has some for sale. I love vendors like him. Unfortunately I could not stop at ordering only 10 salvias but added this and that because they were on sale. One just cannot help itself. I guess, LOL.