Return to the Salvia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Source for Salvia Sinaloaensis

Posted by ceterum z8 (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 9, 10 at 23:50

I am looking desperately for a source (or for trade) for Sinaloa sages. I would appreciate if you could help me to find sources for this favorite edging plant of mine. I would need about six plants.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Source for Salvia Sinaloaensis

ceterum:
What part of the country are you in?
Art

o

Yes I know where to find it but it's in France, nursery "Les senteurs du Quercy" ! I also have a friend who has the plant. I can ask him for seeds ?

o

There are plenty of places that sell this here in the U.S.
no need to go overseas.
Art

o

Be cool hybridsage ! It was for helping ...

o

LOL, the reading of "TONES" is not allowed before a good stiff drink.

Digging Dog nursery carries it, I think. I find it at my local nursery in Austin texas on a routine basis for $2 per 4"pot.

o

Accents for Home and Garden sells it; see link below

Here is a link that might be useful: AHG

o

Hybridsage I am in southeast NC, coastal.

AHG does not have any. I ordered 6 from him when his website showed 10 and as an afterthought I added two pots of French tarragon. I got the two French tarragons but no sinaloa sage. I was darn angry because he didn't sent me even a note that sorry, we were out or else. Later he explained that he lost all his sn. sage plants including the mother plant. By that time I found no vendor who was selling this plant, that's why I came here asking for a trade or spare plants.

o

Have you tried A World of Salvias? or Plant Safari?

o

Another NC source would be Sandy Mush Herb Nursery.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sandy Mush

o

Wantonamara, if I cannot find a vendor, it would it be too much to ask to buy a fe 4 inc pots for me &2 per pot and send in a priority mail box to me. It goes without saying that I would send a check in advance to you, just calculate the total and tell me. then we can agree how we exchange addresses.

But first I check out Karen's link. I also contacted a vendor who does not have it now but tries to get hold of some.

o
RE: Sandy Mush

Sandy Mush does not list this salvia.

o

Look for Salvia sinaloea (page 6 on the Spring 2010 order form). Sinaloa sage is a common name for S. sinaloensis and I've seen that substituted into the species name sometimes, though I don't know that it's acceptable alternate nomenclature.

Here is a link that might be useful: spring 2010 order form

o

Yes, earlier I tried Richard, that is A World of Salvias who promised me to bring 6 for a garden sale but when we met he said that part of his greenhouse didn't work properly an his sinaloa sages didn't root. So, he said, he would have some by mid-summer - way too late to start with small plants in this hot an humid climate.

However, thanks guys, I got my sinaloa salvia fix from premiumplantsplugs.com, just today. He didn't have it either but was willing to order, and in a week he got a tray. I ordered 10. He still has some for sale. I love vendors like him. Unfortunately I could not stop at ordering only 10 salvias but added this and that because they were on sale. One just cannot help itself. I guess, LOL.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Salvia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here