Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
megajas

Looking for Pink

megajas
16 years ago

Ok, I have fallen in love with salvias. My mom used to always get those red annual salvias and I hated them. Now that I am grown, I have found blue salvias. Black and Blue, Mystic Spires, Blue Hill ... Well, anyway, they are crazy bloomers and look fabulous with my roses and various other perennials and annuals (if they just smelled better!) anyway, I've seen some pictures of the mexican bush sage and was wondering, are there any pink or purple bushy salvias that would bloom well in Z6? I was looking at Big Pink Texas sage and some all purple one. I tend to garden in a cottage-garden look with little to no pesicides/herbicides, ect... so need something hardy and long blooming. I've tried 'Wild Thing' last year but wasn't crazy about it. The flowers just looked like a few floating above the plant, I like the larger panicles of flowers like you see on butterfly bushes, lilacs, mystic spires, ect. I'm looking for something bigger than what I have currently for the back yard and they would be around lilies, daylilies, iris, coneflowers, zinnias, verbena, ect.

Thanks!

-Bonnie

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH