Return to the Salvia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Purchasing Salvia Microphylla/Hot Lips

Posted by miss_huff 7 (My Page) on
Tue, May 15, 07 at 8:48

Hello! Does anyone know a good/cheap place to purchase Salvia Microphylla - Hot Lips?? I don't want to spend $10 one just one small plant! Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Purchasing Salvia Microphylla/Hot Lips

• Posted by gerris2 Zone 7a Delaware (My Page) on
    Tue, May 15, 07 at 16:35

Logee's Greenhouses has a sale right now, but I personally don't think 10 clams is all that much to pay for a quality plant. Have fun!

Joseph

o

I got mine in ebay last year and I don't think I paid $10 even with postage. It is blooming like crazy right now - still in a pot. I was afraid to plant it out last year because I didn't want to lose it, but I think it will survive here in 7b, won't it?
Becky

o

Hi, thank you both! Ramazz, I hadn't seen it or anything like it on ebay, so I forgot about that. You reminded me to check today, so I bid on one that will be $7ish if nobody else tries! I can't wait. Yes, it will survive here, or at least it does on my street in Atlanta! The neighbors have one that I've watched grow, and it is evergreen and absolutely HUGE. In fact, they moved to NY and the house is for sale - I thought I could just go and get a baby, but it seems to be one huge bush. Anyhow, the neighbors stare, so I thought I'd buy my own. Thanks!

o

I found it yesterday at a local small grower's in MD for less than $4 in a 4" pot.

o

I bought mine a couple of years ago at my local organic nursery, don't remember what I paid. It is now about 5 feet wide! I love it! Even if I had paid $10, it would be worth it. I grow it in partial shade here in Austin, and it does well.

o

• Posted by gerris2 Zone 7a Delaware (My Page) on
    Tue, May 22, 07 at 17:01

My Hot Lips Salvia died out with the brutal late winter we had. It is indeed a nice plant. Maybe will get another one next year.

o

Try Lowes which is where I purchased a gallon sized container for well under $10 last summer!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Salvia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here